April 30, 2024, 10:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #6 7/13/10 - 7/17/10  (Read 249146 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: July 15, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »

restraining/protective order that Desiree served against Kaine within four months of their divorce which afforded her custody of Kyron?

I can't find it I have been looking

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group (Sat. June 19, 2010, 10:00 AM)

The dark-haired and redheaded women standing side by side at a news conference in the Kyron Horman investigation share a longtime bond with the 7-year-old boy gone missing. With a nation looking on, they shared their grief under the glare of television.

The mother, Desiree Young, 38, and stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, 40, have been friends for years, long before the beaming and bespectacled 7-year-old went missing from Skyline School in northwest Multnomah County. Since his June 4 disappearance, his blended family has hunkered down out of public view, emerging only as a group. Neither mother has spoken publicly, and the dads have read only prepared statements.

But details of their relationship have emerged in multiple interviews by The Oregonian with friends and family.

Terri was the last known person to see Kyron after she took him to school that day, and she was the first to report him missing when she discovered he wasn't on the school bus that afternoon. That day followed years of caring for him. When Kyron was a toddler, Desiree went to Canada to seek treatment for a serious medical condition. Her close friend Terri became Kyron's caretaker.

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howard, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Terri brought her son, James, now 16, from her first marriage.

Two months after leaving for Canada, Desiree returned to the United States with $30,000 in medical bills. To get back on her feet, she moved in with her family in Medford, who helped support her.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

After Desiree returned to Oregon, Terri and Kaine stayed under the same roof while he worked at Intel and she cared for the kids. What started as a caregiving relationship blossomed.

In April 2007, they got married. Looking buff in their bathing suits, they said their vows in a small ceremony on a shimmering beach in Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii.

More at link: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._family_f.html

Thank Blonde.

I would still appreciate if a Monkey researcher was able to access the documentation pertaining to the protection order against Kaine within months of their divorce as well as the ruling which afforded Kaine sole custody of Kyron ... custody that Desiree originally was awarded.

1.  Why was there not joint custody?
2.  Why has there never been a challenge by Desiree over the years?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #541 on: July 15, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

I would still appreciate if a Monkey researcher was able to access the documentation pertaining to the protection order against Kaine within months of their divorce as well as the ruling which afforded Kaine sole custody of Kyron ... custody that Desiree originally was awarded.

Janet

We really need that RO I think it would enlighten in many ways, then again may be nothing?  In the previous reports it was stated that DY was afraid the Kaine would take the children, why would he think he had claim to Desiree's other son?
Has anyone found the divorce decree between DY and Kaine?

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »

http://www.publicrecordfinder.com/
Need help

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »

Mother of St. Helens boy who fought off a sex offender describes the incident
Published: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 7:47 PM Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:43 PM

Aimee Green, The Oregonian

The mother of an 11-year-old St. Helens boy who police believe was grabbed by a homeless sex offender while walking home from school was shaken but thankful her son fended the man off.

Andrea Snider says she has long taught fifth-grade son, Cameron, and his two older brothers, about stranger danger. Cameron also was aware that 7-year-old Kyron Horman went missing last week -- he's been receiving text messages and photos of the boy on his cell phone, alone with the rest of the family.

"We explained to him that 'It could happen to you,'" Snider said. "We've said 'You've got to kick, hit, scream and punch to get away. And that's exactly what he did."

Cameron stayed late at Lewis & Clark Elementary School Tuesday because he's a crossing guard. He was walking the four blocks home alone when he noticed a portly man following him. Cameron playfully tapped a stop sign as he walked beneath it, and the man did, too. When Cameron quickened his pace, the man did, too.

Then Cameron told his mom, the man -- whom police later identified as 36-year-old Tony Phipps -- grabbed his backpack from behind. Cameron told police he turned around, slapped away the man's hands and was able to break free. Cameron ran home.

Based on a description offered by Cameron and a neighbor who remembered seeing the man shortly before the incident, police arrested the 5-foot-8, 220-pound Phipps Wednesday on accusations of attempted kidnapping, harassment and violating the terms of his post-prison supervision. Phipps is on post-prison supervision for failing to register as a sex offender in 2008.

Police told the family the case does not appear connected to the Kyron Horman disappearance.

The Columbia County District Attorney's Office reviewed the police reports, and determined it doesn't have the evidence to prosecute Phipps for attempted kidnapping, let alone any other felony, said deputy district attorney John Berg. He said prosecutors would have to prove that Phipps intended to kidnap the boy. And although Berg said he couldn't go into details, evidence released by police indicates the man only grabbed at Cameron. He didn't, for example, drag the boy -- an act that would bolster an attempted kidnapping charge.

Prosecutors forwarded the case to the St. Helens city attorney's office, which will determine whether to pursue misdemeanor charges.

Nonetheless, Berg acknowledged that the incident is concerning.

Phipps' criminal history stretches back to 1993, and includes convictions for sodomy of a person under 16, contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor, burglary, arson and failing to register as a sex offender in three separate instances. He lives in a tent near the edge of town.

"When I heard that, I said 'You've got to be kidding me,'" Snider said.

Six women over the years also have applied for restraining orders against Phipps.

According to a report written by Phipp's former Lane County parole and probation officer, Phipps has a history of meeting developmentally delayed females on the Internet, then moving to where they live.

Cameron returned to school the day after the incident. But he didn't want to walk home alone. A St. Helens police officer gave him a ride.

Andrea Snider is proud of her son.

"He's a tough boy," she said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/mother_of_st_helens_boy_who_fo.html

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: July 15, 2010, 03:48:55 PM »

It would appear by Desiree must have felt comfortable at one time with her son being raised by Kaine and Terri or ... was her lack of action to exercise her right to joint custody another issue entirely?

Could Terri's overwhelming feelings of abandonment and betrayal .... overwhelming feelings intensified by PPD ...  have been the underlying dynamic that motivated all her irrationally actions directed at Kaine ... irrationally actions directed at Kaine's son?

I am not justifying ... only attempting to understand when everything went wrong.

Janet

+++++++

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help. ...

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Kyron Horman's father recalls when marriage to Terri Horman began to sour
Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 7:59 PM
Updated: Friday, July 09, 2010, 11:43 PM

The father of missing second-grader Kyron Horman said Thursday that his marriage to the boy's stepmom began to grow rocky after she gave birth to their little girl 19 months ago.

"I thought the marriage was doing pretty well," Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, "until we had our daughter, Kiara."

Horman said he thought his marriage to Terri Moulton Horman fractured within six months after she gave birth in November 2008, the result of postpartum depression.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #545 on: July 15, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »

This may be old news but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Desiree's name in the legal records during her divorce with Kaine is listed as Desiree McCullough Horman.  It looks like a temporary restraining order was issued on 9/26/2002.  It looks like the dissolution order was issued on 2/19/03.  The case number for the divorce is: C022918DRC.

It looks to me like the RO was issued as part of the dissolution, not something extra.  Other folks I have looked up with RO's have a separate file for that - this one does not.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #546 on: July 15, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »

The MCSO website shows this Sanchez guy in custody has a first name of Anslemo.  I'm wondering if that is a typo and it should actually be Anselmo.  Does anyone know?
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »

Desiree's name in the legal records during her divorce with Kaine is listed as Desiree McCullough Horman.  It looks like a temporary restraining order was issued on 9/26/2002.  It looks like the dissolution order was issued on 2/19/03.  The case number for the divorce is: C022918DRC.

It looks to me like the RO was issued as part of the dissolution, not something extra.  Other folks I have looked up with RO's have a separate file for that - this one does not.

Thanks for the info I've been looking for info but couldn't find anything.  It's very puzzling that I thought we had heard that the restraining order was issued when Desiree was 8 mos pregnant but that must be a rumor if you are looking at the actual documents.  Kyron was born 9/9/2002.  I remember Kaine talking about being there when Kyron was born so he could form a bond with him (the smell of Dad).  The restraining order was issued on 9/26/2002 when Kyron was only 17 days old.  It appears things went downhill pretty quickly after precious Kyron was born....

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »

TY How did you find this

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »

New Monkey

Do you have a link to this document.

Thanks

Janet

+++++++

Troubled Family
What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.
June 23rd, 2010

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »

I it may be worth something to investigate why Becky Owens and Michael Cook showed up out of no where to help with the vigil. I have read it might have been for money, perhaps so. They had a website for a while asking for donations, thank you for that information true crimes. Lets pretend that is the answer they wanted to see if they could make a few bucks off of the back of their high school buddy, Kaine. It begs the question did they also disappear Kyron for the money?

If you think about it, if Terri found this LS guy to do away with Kaine, someone must have told her about him or how else would she have known to ask him. So who is the link between Terri and LS guy. Is there a connection between these two and the Landscaper guy? Is there a connection between Terri and these two?
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #551 on: July 15, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »

To be more clear:

The dissolution of marriage petition was file on 8/23/02
The temporary R/O was issued on 9/23/02 - entered in file on 9/25/02
The dissolution of marriage judgment was issued on 2/13/03

I don't think I can link to it because it's a pay-for service.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #552 on: July 15, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »

I it may be worth something to investigate why Becky Owens and Michael Cook showed up out of no where to help with the vigil. I have read it might have been for money, perhaps so. They had a website for a while asking for donations, thank you for that information true crimes. Lets pretend that is the answer they wanted to see if they could make a few bucks off of the back of their high school buddy, Kaine. It begs the question did they also disappear Kyron for the money?

If you think about it, if Terri found this LS guy to do away with Kaine, someone must have told her about him or how else would she have known to ask him. So who is the link between Terri and LS guy. Is there a connection between these two and the Landscaper guy? Is there a connection between Terri and these two?

Hi Tracegirl & Monkey's,

She found out about LS, through Kyron's school.

SM saw the LS trucks on the school property with the phone number on the truck.

Sorry, I do not have a link, if and when I do I post it.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: July 15, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

Does anyone else think it's odd that
Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.
Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” and he did

Then he gets Teri pregnant and he keeps their child too.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »

Someone must have told her she needed to speak with this person about his possibly being willing to kill Kaine. Why would she just randomly select this person. Could be she found his number on the truck, could be she knew him from the school, but unless also on his truck is 800-hire me to kill your husband, she wouldn't have known to ask him. Or perhaps she is insane and went around and asked which ever man was available offering him sexual favors if he would first do a little favor for her? We don't know and I think it might be worth looking into.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #555 on: July 15, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »

Janet

We really need that RO I think it would enlighten in many ways, then again may be nothing?  In the previous reports it was stated that DY was afraid the Kaine would take the children, why would he think he had claim to Desiree's other son?
Has anyone found the divorce decree between DY and Kaine?

I agree may mean a lot may mean nothing. I think it would mean a lot to know.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »

Does anyone else think it's odd that
Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” and he did

Then he gets Teri pregnant and he keeps their child too.

Yes, I most definitely do.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: July 15, 2010, 05:34:25 PM »

Someone must have told her she needed to speak with this person about his possibly being willing to kill Kaine. Why would she just randomly select this person. Could be she found his number on the truck, could be she knew him from the school, but unless also on his truck is 800-hire me to kill your husband, she wouldn't have known to ask him. Or perhaps she is insane and went around and asked which ever man was available offering him sexual favors if he would first do a little favor for her? We don't know and I think it might be worth looking into.

I'm sorry I found the 800-hire me to kill your husband funny, but I agree with what you are saying, did she know he did this as a side business, or did she go around asking men this question? This is way off.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #558 on: July 15, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »

Kyron Horman's dad tries to push stepmom out of house
by KGW.com

NWCN.com

Posted on July 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The attorney for Kaine Horman was pushing to force his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman to move out of their home as soon as possible.

Kaine believes his missing son, Kyron is still alive and wants him to have a safe home to return to.

Sources have told KGW that a judge could order Terri to move out of the home in Northwest Portland as soon as Thursday. Initially, a hearing was set for July 22 on that matter, but sources told KGW that date would likely be moved up to July 15 or 16.

Through her attorney, Terri has said that she would be willing to move out if Kaine would pay for the move. However, Kaine's attorney said he was not willing to give her any money until she cooperates with police, because Kaine believes Terri has information about Kyron's whereabouts.

Kaine also recently filed papers to have Terri held in contempt of court and accused her of violating a sealed restraining order.  That court motion also detailed an alleged sexual affair with one of Kaine's high school classmates, and a reported attempt to "abduct" the couple's young daughter Kiara.

Kaine Horman's attorney Laura Rackner asked a judge to hold Terri Moulton Horman in contempt of court for showing a then-sealed restraining order to Michael Cook.

On Tuesday, a judge set a hearing for July 22 over the restraining order. Attorney Stephen Houze said Terri agreed to move out, give up rights to custody, but the hearing will address financial and other issues. A date of September 21 was set aside for the contempt of court hearing.

The filing alleges that Terri took the restraining order to Cook's home, where she showed him the document and allowed him to take cell phone photos of the document, which included Kaine's new address. He shared information from the restraining order with at least two other unidentified people, according to the court document.

The filing also stated that a police search of Cook's phone found that Cook had done a Google search to map Kaine's new address but that he told police he did not go to the residence.

On Wednesday, Rackner said that Kaine was doing well, considering the circumstances.

"All he cares about is finding his son, finding out if he's alive out there ... and taking care of his daughter," Rackner said outside the court after the hearing.

Rackner said Terri wanted money from Kaine to help her move out.

Terri's attorney Stephen Houze declined to answer any questions aside from the dates of the hearing.

The motion also states police told Kaine that Terri exchanged hundred of text messages with Cook and several photographs of Terri Horman "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity." According to the filing, the "sexual nature" of the relationship between Cook and Terri Horman began on or about June 30, four days after Kaine Horman moved out of the family's Northwest Portland home.

Cook was a high school classmate of Kaine Horman, and also helped organize the first vigil for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Similarities to Murder-for-Hire plot

Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine)."

In the original restraining order filing, Kaine stated that police had told him Terri had tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine. 

Cook denies sexual relations

In an interview with KGW on Monday, Cook admitted that he had used his cell phone to photograph the sealed restraining order, and that he had engaged in "sexting" with Terri Horman.

Cook also admitted having "inappropriate communication" with Terri Horman but he denied having sexual relations with her. "I never slept with her," Cook told KGW.

Cook did admit that he had Googled Kaine Horman's new address on his cell phone.

"She wanted to find out where Kiara was," Cook told KGW.

"I'm a pretty straight shooter," said Cook. "I didn't have sex with her."

Gym worker: Terri tried to "abduct" Kiara

In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Hormans said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to “abduct” Kiara Harmon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police.

Terri Horman agrees to move out

Earlier Monday, Terri Horman agreed to voluntarily move out of the family's Northwest Portland home. Kaine Horman had filed an addendum to his restraining order to compel her to move out, and a hearing on that request had been scheduled for July 22.

Kyron disappeared on June 4 from Skyline Elementary Kyron's parents over the weekend put off all media contact for the week in anticipation of what they called "heavy" obligations by investigators on the case.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/Kyron-Hormans-dad-tries-to-push-step-mom-out-of-house-98545674.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: July 15, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

O/T

BP Says Oil Stops Leaking Into Gulf for First Time Since Spill Began
Published July 15, 2010
Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- Oil stopped gushing into the Gulf of Mexico from BP's busted well Thursday for the first time since the disastrous spill began, the oil giant said. It was the most significant milestone yet in BP's effort to control one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. .....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/15/bp-begins-critical-pressure-test-new-cap-oil/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.