April 19, 2024, 11:58:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #844 7/31/10 - 8/29/2010  (Read 253767 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »

Motion to Designate COMPLEX - 65 pages in all - here are the first 3 pages, after this is mostly examples of why it qualifies as a COMPLEX case:

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »

Are they calling it a complex case?

I think K2 would like it labeled as such.  I believe the hearing is Aug 27th. 

To me it looks like the Kalpoe attys have filed for it to be called a complex case on the grounds that
more than one country is involved.  But since the Kalpoes chose to file the case in the US, I wouldn't
think the rule would apply.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2010, 10:09:20 PM »

It would not be "complex" if the Kalpoes would get their asses to California for "simple" depositions. It has taken 3 years and still NOTHING! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »

Thanks for the headsup Buckeye!  

THANKS Klaas!  And THANKS to the anonymous Monkey that pays for the docs!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2010, 10:11:51 PM »

Are they calling it a complex case?

I think K2 would like it labeled as such.  I believe the hearing is Aug 27th. 

To me it looks like the Kalpoe attys have filed for it to be called a complex case on the grounds that
more than one country is involved.  But since the Kalpoes chose to file the case in the US, I wouldn't
think the rule would apply.

They filed the case in the US and won't come here to give depositions....they mucked it up and stalled since the get-go.  jmo

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:16 PM »

So is the application for "PAROLE" in order to gain entry into the United States confirmation that the Kalpoe brothers DO have prior criminal convictions on their records?

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »

If I were the judge.....I would say:  Throw them nasty Kalpoes in the graybar hotel until they decide to talk.

It's not complex at all.  File the suit here, you play by our rules.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »

and California has dealt with many defamation cases....this is not a class action, etc.

In US immigration law, the term parole has three different meanings...

A person who does not meet the technical requirements for a visa may be allowed to enter the U.S. for humanitarian purposes. Persons who are allowed to enter the U.S. in this manner are known as parolees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parole

Why would K2 try to enter under humanitarian purposes??

Why would you complain that the discovery is in Dutch?  I could see Dr. Phil complaining but... sheesh...those boys brought the suite. The US has real laws and regulations. There is no compensation without proving your case.  I hope the judge throws the whole thing out.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: August 12, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »

I have no idea what the "parole" thing is all about, but here's a few things I've looked at.   

There's some information here about exclusions for entry into the U.S.

http://www.canadianlegal.org/travel_waivers.php

Humanitarian Parole

http://www.bridgewest.com/visaservice/us_other/humanitarian/

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2010, 10:34:17 PM »

So is the application for "PAROLE" in order to gain entry into the United States confirmation that the Kalpoe brothers DO have prior criminal convictions on their records?

I think that means that they are trying to get Aruba to agree to let them back into the country if they leave.

If they are truly there on their mother's Visa, as we have heard, Aruba can consider it as abandoning
the country if they leave Aruban soil and refuse to allow them re-entry.

But I'm not sure.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »

If I were the judge.....I would say:  Throw them nasty Kalpoes in the graybar hotel until they decide to talk.

The tobacco industry, Microsoft....those are complex.  K2??  Stupid but not complex.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: August 12, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »

and California has dealt with many defamation cases....this is not a class action, etc.

In US immigration law, the term parole has three different meanings...

A person who does not meet the technical requirements for a visa may be allowed to enter the U.S. for humanitarian purposes. Persons who are allowed to enter the U.S. in this manner are known as parolees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parole

Why would K2 try to enter under humanitarian purposes??

Why would you complain that the discovery is in Dutch?  I could see Dr. Phil complaining but... sheesh...those boys brought the suite. The US has real laws and regulations. There is no compensation without proving your case.  I hope the judge throws the whole thing out.

Me too Buckeye.  

Almost four years after filing is a little late to press the "complex" issue IMO.  If it ever applied at all.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »

The tobacco industry, Microsoft....those are complex.  K2??  Stupid but not complex.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »

I think that means that they are trying to get Aruba to agree to let them back into the country if they leave.

If they are truly there on their mother's Visa, as we have heard, Aruba can consider it as abandoning

But I'm not sure.

So they take their $8 and return to Suriname.  Why did they file in the US? 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »

But I'm not sure.

So they take their $8 and return to Suriname.  Why did they file in the US? 

They just didn't plan ahead!  They thought that Dr. Phil would just hand them the $8 million
and they would be happy everafter.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »

But I'm not sure.

It seems like someone might have mentioned that to them BEFORE they filed the lawsuit here doesn't it?  Did they really think they wouldn't have to make an appearance in the U.S. at all?  Good grief! 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: August 12, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »

But I'm not sure.

It seems like someone might have mentioned that to them BEFORE they filed the lawsuit here doesn't it?  Did they really think they wouldn't have to make an appearance in the U.S. at all?  Good grief! 

I'll bet that the lawyers here didn't think to inquire as to their citizenship status before they filed the suit.
Surprise!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »

But I'm not sure.

I'll bet that the lawyers here didn't think to inquire as to their citizenship status before they filed the suit.
Surprise!

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/Charles/gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg

Monkey Devil!

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: August 12, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »

I agree, Magnolia.  They were advised that Dr. Phil would settle.  Probably by the same person that advised that Beth would go away.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: August 12, 2010, 11:00:45 PM »

Don't you just know that those old Kalpoes are frustrated waiting to spend all of that money
they were told they would get.  I hope they are still planning to give Joran his million that
they promised him.  I'll bet they dream of that money that they'll never get. Monkey Devil!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.