June 16, 2024, 07:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #844 7/31/10 - 8/29/2010  (Read 256467 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: August 16, 2010, 08:29:57 AM »

The bill payer is the lying liars of Aruba and their lying leadership that is leading them down a path to destruction.  Incidentally, I found this and felt it might (probably not) be of interest to anyone interested in the socioeconomics of Peru, where beloved Joran now resides.  Incidentally, included in the article, right upper hand, is a picture of someone I believe to be Anita vdSloot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10960389
Well, if it is NOT her -- it's a dead ringer!! 
Yup, it's a dead ringer, literally.
I love you wreck.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »

This may have already been posted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38659544/ns/world_news-europe

Venezuela deports Dutch man wanted in drug case
updated 8/11/2010 12:09:08 PM ET

CARACAS, Venezuela — Venezuela deported three people Wednesday to face drug trafficking cases in the Netherlands, Aruba and Peru.

Dutch citizen Marcelino Kerkeboom Glenn hung his head, hiding his face as he was led to a vehicle at Caracas' international airport. Venezuelan authorities say he is wanted for allegedly smuggling more than a ton of cocaine to the Netherlands.

Dutch prosecution spokesman Reinout den Haan confirmed a Dutch suspect was being turned over but wouldn't confirm his name due to Dutch privacy laws. Officials said the man had been sentenced to 12 years in prison in Amsterdam and had about a year and a half left when he failed to return from a furlough.

The Dutch issued an international arrest warrant and the man was detained last month after requesting a passport in Venezuela.

Also deported were Colombian Gloria Chavez Ceballos — wanted in Aruba for allegedly trafficking Colombian cocaine to the United States — and Aldo Enrique Forero, a Peruvian former police officer wanted in Peru for allegedly trafficking cocaine to the United States.

Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami said all three were captured last month and that their deportation demonstrates Venezuela's commitment to counter-drug efforts.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

A Mother's Anquish

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Pages 114/115:
  Since entrusting Natalee's care to God, I welcome sleep when I can get it.  Nothing in my dreams is worse than my waking hours.  Ironically, sleep takes me out of the nightmare.  No question though, the lack of sleep is having an effect.  After holding it together all day, in front of others and in front of TV cameras, night is when emotions spiral out of control.

Feeling was unleased at the Cross, and it is a being of its own.  It can soothe me, and it can torment me.  It empowers me.  Yet I throw things when I'm alone in the room.  Shoes, Apples from a fruit basket.  Whatever is within reach when the urge strikes.  Sometimes the crying is inconsolable, and I hug the purple duffel bag.  Over and over I just hug it.

When Jug and I are in Natalee's room by ourselves, we kneel and pray together for her, staring at her picture on the bedside table.  We keep the light on.  Just like all parents do when they're waiting for their children to come home.

Another day passes.  And tomorrow and the next day and the next we'll put on our game faces and do it all over gain until we find her.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »

van der Sloot gets a prison "neighbor"
Last Update: 8/15 11:02 pm 

van der Sloot may not be the most notorious prisoner in Peru's Castro Castro prison.  He's been joined by American William Trickett Smith, a Pennsylvanian charged with murdering his Peruvian wife in a crime local newspapers call the "Suitcase Murder."  Smith is accused of killing his wife, putting her dismembered body in a suitcase and throwing the suitcase in the ocean.  Smith was extradited to Peru from the U.S. after a several years legal battle. 

The Lima newspaper El Commercio says Smith is in an isolated area of the Castro Castro prison, near the Colombian hit man Trujillo Hugo Ospina and the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot

The so-called Suitcase Murder has evoked a similar outcry in Peru to van der Sloot's case....a well to do foreigner accused of killing a local woman.  Van der Sloot is accused of murdering 21 year old Stephany Flores who was found dead in his Lima hotel room.  Flores' body was discovered five years to the day to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.  The Mountain Brook teen was on a graduation trip to Aruba and was last seen in van der Sloot's company.

Federal law enforcement officials here in Alabama have indicted van der Sloot on wire fraud and extortion charges after he allegedly asked for money in exchange for information about Natalee's fate.  He provided no such information after taking the money.  The U.S. is apparently waiting in line behind Peruvian officials who have indicted van der Sloot with Flore's murder.  Such murder cases in Peru can take years to prosecute.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/van-der-Sloot-gets-a-prison-neighbor/sFMWJUsGAk-TlMGj-bAQng.cspx

Beth Holloway

It's been a long time, but it's never too late for justice. And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »

ARUBA

JUSTICE LURKS...

AROUND EACH,AND EVERY CORNER...

TICK_TOCK

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »

Death penalty for Joran?

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/7412826/__Peru_wil_doodstraf_weer_invoeren__.html?sn=binnenland,buitenland

Google Translation

Peru wants to reintroduce capital punishment

LIMA - Peruvian President Alan Garcia wants to reintroduce the death penalty in his country in an attempt to halt a crime.

"I am among those who believe that certain crimes should be paid to the life, let Garcia know Monday. Including killing and rape of children would be eligible for capital punishment. "I'd be willing to execute 50 rapists," the president said.
The AD reports that "according to one expert, it's not inconceivable that Joran van der Sloot is eligible for the death penalty. But a possible death sentence for Van der Sloot, who is trapped in the disputed Castro Castro prison in Lima, is as yet no question. Van der Sloot is suspected of murdering the 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores.
Currently, the only South American country in wartime treason punishable by death. Garcia did in 2006 though an attempt to reintroduce the death penalty, but then stranded.
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »

Those Kalpoes should think of all the complex trouble they're going to be in when that multiple murderer starts throwing them to the wolves.  Maybe not today, or the week that passes next (does anyone remember how that saying goes?), but their day for accountability is coming.
Hi, Sweetie, I have missed you here.
I imagine you are thing, 'Bless their hearts' about the Kalpoe boys.
Sorry, meant thinking, not thing.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »

More from http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1000/Nieuws/article/detail/505585/2010/08/16/Van-der-Sloot-loopt-risico-doodstraf-te-krijgen.dhtml

Google translation:

'Van der Sloot at risk death penalty'

Peru president is correct in 50 rapists

LIMA - Peruvian President Alan Garcia wants to reintroduce the death penalty in crime in an attempt to stifle the country. Should capital punishment be reintroduced, it runs Dutchman Joran van der Sloot (22), who is suspected of murder, the risk to get this punishment.

Stephany Flores was strangled by Van der Sloot in a hotel in Lima.

"I am among those who believe that certain crimes should be paid to the life," Garcia told reporters today. Including killing and rape of children would be eligible for capital punishment. "I'd be willing to execute 50 rapists," the president said. Currently, the only South American country in wartime treason punishable by death.

Joran van der Sloot
The Peruvian Miguel Castro Castro prison stay, the Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot (22). Van der Sloot is in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. According to one expert, it is not inconceivable that if the president gets his way, the Dutchman is also eligible for the death penalty.

China
An example looks at the social democratic-oriented president to China, which last year 5000 criminals were executed.
Garcia has already in 2006 the use of the death penalty for acts of violence prompted.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »

Thanks Jo-An
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »

Just stopping in to say "hello" to y'all!  A special "hello" to you, Misgivings!  You're right, I'm blessing their feeble, misguided, criminal minds to kingdom come.
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »

And, just an interesting point to me:  I read back a bit, and saw where someone commented that Stephany's murder was taking precedence over the U.S. case and thought to myself "As well it should"; then, I noticed San's post wishing that multiple murderer would commit suicide and I thought to myself, "he's too much of a coward to do that"; I noticed, in each case posts following each of those that voiced my exact thoughts--great minds, WRECK!  Put a tiara on that skeletal head of yours!
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #491 on: August 16, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »

Thanks for that information, JoAnn; long live the President of Peru!
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

Look at that; I am still the fastest typist in here!  lol  OK, see y'all later.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: August 16, 2010, 08:39:16 PM »

And, just an interesting point to me:  I read back a bit, and saw where someone commented that Stephany's murder was taking precedence over the U.S. case and thought to myself "As well it should"; then, I noticed San's post wishing that multiple murderer would commit suicide and I thought to myself, "he's too much of a coward to do that"; I noticed, in each case posts following each of those that voiced my exact thoughts--great minds, WRECK!  Put a tiara on that skeletal head of yours!

Where have you been?  I agree with you, Joran will never commit suicide. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #494 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/international-headlines-in-national/joran-van-der-sloot-faces-more-legal-battles-sex-trafficking-charges-thailand-3

Joran van der Sloot faces more legal battles: Sex trafficking charges in Thailand
August 15th, 2010 11:30 pm

Joran van der Sloot, Natalee Holloway, and Stephany Ramirez
Photo: CBS
August 15, 2010 - Joran van der Sloot has had run-ins with the law in four countries: Peru where he was charged with the brutal murder of young Peruvian woman last May; Aruba where he is suspected of kidnapping a U.S. teen from Aruba; U.S. where he was charged with extortion in the missing U.S. teen’s case; and now in Thailand where he faces criminal charges for sex trafficking.

The National Enquirer reported on van der Sloot’s alleged involvement in sex trafficking in Thailand earlier this month.

According to CBS News, Peru’s minister of justice has now confirmed that Thai authorities are pursuing criminal charges against van der Sloot for his alleged involvement with sex trafficking.

According to the Enquirer some of the girls he allegedly approached have disappeared and have never been found.

According to Harold Copus, a former FBI agent who was once hired to investigate the Holloway case by the “Dr. Phil”show said van der Sloot is believed to have been the middle man. Thai authorities are working to confirm if this is true.

“In the sex slave industry, the middle man would get a fee for getting the girls and moving them around,” said Copus, now head of Copus Security Consultants in Atlanta.

AOL News reported that during his own investigation in Aruba, Copus heard rumors that "girls were taken out of Aruba to be used in the sex trade," he said. "There was supposedly a guy from Chicago there, a reputed mobster, who has been quoted as saying that a good [sex slave] is worth a quarter of a million dollars."

Copus told AOL News that while there is a possibility that Holloway, if kidnapped, was sold into slavery, he doubts she would still be alive today.

"Usually they'll dope the girls up so they have no concept of what they are doing," Copus explained, adding that once the women are deemed no longer useful, they often are killed.

"There is another seedy business out there called the snuff trade, where they sell or trade recordings of actual murders," he said. "That's the final exploitation."

AOL News further reported that the National Enquirer's report is not the first time van der Sloot's name has come up during investigations into the illegal sex trade industry.

Van der Sloot was allegedly secretly videotaped in 2008 by a Dutch journalist, Peter de Vries, inside a Bangkok room with two young Thai women and two men who were posing as Dutch sex trade bosses.

Van der Sloot was allegedly telling the women they would be working as models in Holland, but in actuality they would be delivered to the Dutch prostitution market and would make several thousand dollars for each woman he delivered.

"He was in the process of recruiting girls for prostitution ... that is what we saw [in the video]," Copus said. "What we didn't see was what was going to happen if the girls didn't want to be a prostitute. There's a lot of concern here as to what his intentions were."

Not long after the video aired, van der Sloot appeared on the Fox News program "On the Record With Greta Van Susteren." During the interview, he told Van Susteren he had sold Holloway to a mysterious stranger on a boat for $9,600.

"He just handed me a bag, grabbed [Natalee] by the arm and he went to the boat that he had in the water," van der Sloot said.

But like other confessions he allegedly has made, van der Sloot later contacted Van Susteren and said the story was a lie

Police in Peru said van der Sloot confessed to murdering 21-year-old Stephany Ramirez in his hotel room in Peru last May. He then redacted his statement, but the judge upheld it and his attorney promises an appeal.

If charges are filed against van der Sloot in Thailand authorities say they will have to wait until the murder case is wrapped up in Peru. He is being held on charges of first-degree murder and robbery in Stephany’s murder.

If convicted of Flores’ murder van der Sloot faces 15 to 35 years in prison.

Van der Sloot has also been indicted by U.S. authorities for allegedly extorting $250,000 from Natalee Holloway’s family for information on her death and the location of her body.

There was concern that a conviction in Peru could mean van der Sloot won’t face charges in the U.S. or Thailand because of the statute of limitation. But according to Steve Cron, a veteran criminal defense attorney in Santa Monica, Calif., that won’t be a problem.

"Assuming he is convicted [in Peru], these other countries are going to make arrangements to have him flown [in] to stand trial, with the understanding that he'll be returned to Peru once the trials are over," Cron told AOL News. "Then, once Peru is done with him, he'll have to go serve out any other remaining sentences in the other countries."

Cron said, “This kid’s going to be facing a lot of legal battles in the coming years.”

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »

You are both right.  When I saw that the other guy killed himself and he was a sociopath I just wished Joran would do it also.  I would rather see him die at someone elses hands.  It would be very fitting.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »

You are both right.  When I saw that the other guy killed himself and he was a sociopath I just wished Joran would do it also.  I would rather see him die at someone elses hands.  It would be very fitting.
Hello Monkeys,
The monster is so coward that he can not even say the truth. I really hope that he will never get out of castro a castro....
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »

Hello!  Hey, where are all of y'all??  Get back in here!

Hello, Klaasend!  I've been in the North Carolina mountains, also a couple of trips to Georgia, a trip to Alabama, and a few shifts in the NICU.  Also, busy with this house, as usual--plus we've (and I use that term loosely, as the worker "we" in his house, for things having to do with the house, is me) have been having the yard resodded--now, there's a money-making career if anybody is wondering how to get rich.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2010, 05:39:01 AM »

cecilita- ITA Joran is a coward.  And I hope he never leaves Castro Castro too. 

Hello Darleen 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: August 17, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Like many others, after all these years I still get Natalee breaking news alerts.  I never tire of this one:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/natalee-holloway-suspect-may-face-death-penalty

Natalee Holloway suspect may face death penalty

Published on 17 August 2010 - 9:38am

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.