June 16, 2024, 05:26:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #844 7/31/10 - 8/29/2010  (Read 256418 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: August 17, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »

The possibility that the suspect Dutchman, Joran van der Sloot, is sentenced to the death penalty in Peru is almost zero. The South American country in 1979 abolished the death penalty. However, Peruvian President Alan Garcia, reintroduicr balances the idea of capital punishment, especially for child rapists and murderers.

Hans de Vreij

With that statement of intent, many Peruvian media and the Netherlands immediately drew the conclusion that Joran van der Sloot would be sentenced to death for the murder of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores, charge that must appear in court .
If Peru were to reintroduce the death penalty can not be applied retroactively as required by the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, ratified by Peru.

The country is in effect the American Convention on Human Rights, Article 4 recognizes the right to life and restricts the application of the death penalty. It recognizes that everyone has the inalienable right to respect for his life, a right can be suspended for any reason.

Peru In theory could reverse that position, although it also should amend the Constitution, a long and complicated process. In addition, these measures would have profound implications for Peru's international image. In short, the possibility that Joran van der Sloot county is the death penalty is possible in theory but in practice it is almost unthinkable.

http://www.rnw.nl/espanol/bulletin/%C2%BFpena-de-muerte-para-joran-van-der-sloot
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2010, 10:15:31 AM »

Gringo murderer
The Owl tells how the American William Trickett Smith II Trujillo killed his wife.

The American William Trickett Smith not only murdered his wife Claudia Jana Gomez Menendez Trujillo (19), July 8, 2007. When entering the body in a suitcase, with the help of a fisherman, anchored in the gray sea of Chorrillos. He also killed the hopes and the will to live of the parents of Jana.

The gringo showed his cruelty to speak with complete naturalness with his in-laws, who claimed "that he knew nothing of his wife." Even playing the role of the husband devastated, wondering if the young Northern "would not have run off with another." Even that was a sadist, because that suggestion increased the pain of the parents of the deceased.

One day she took a plane and went to America, thinking that never discover his crime. But nature took care to do justice in this case. Proceeds from the earthquake in Pisco, the suitcase anchored and half buried in the sea of the Costa Verde surfaced and was beached Las Cascadas. There, a fisherman thought to find some treasure or items of value in this case strongly adjusted by thick ropes and locks. When opened, there was a macabre image. The body of a woman in a state of decomposition.

For a tattoo on her neck, the beleaguered parents recognized his beloved daughter. The murderer, with great cynicism, denied everything from North America and came to blame "a lover of his wife." But the fisherman and a friend of the gringo, deceived by this, who said that in "a suitcase full of worthless paper was that he wanted to undo", which accused him and took the bag to anchor at sea.

His first psychological analysis show him as an aggressive type. He has been detained in the prison "Castro Castro", in environments where hyenas are also others like him: Trujillo Alejandro Ospina Colombian hit man, "Clown" and the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot.

The curly strangled Myriam Fefer and Joran to Stephany Flores. However, in prison, the U.S. avoids it. He is being held in the cell occupied by the mayor Luis Valdez. Understandably, they're like jackals, and wild animals. Sniff and smell danger. Those three alone sleep with one eye closed. They are murderers by nature. Negligible. Turn off the TV.

http://trome.pe/noticia/624113/gringo-asesino
DPJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »

Like many others, after all these years I still get Natalee breaking news alerts.  I never tire of this one:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/natalee-holloway-suspect-may-face-death-penalty

Natalee Holloway suspect may face death penalty

Published on 17 August 2010 - 9:38am
RNW have already removed the story and to be fair it didn't really hold any water.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #503 on: August 17, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »

Couldn't happen to a nicer island.

http://www.arubatoday.com/

Spreading Lionfish Invasion Threat to Aruba 
Local News 
Monday, 16 August 2010 

HADICURARI - Friday August 13th 2010 fishing center Hadicurari organized the first information evening regarding the Lionfish invasion in Aruba.  The presentation was done by Mr. A. Ho a marine biology PhD candidate from Aruba who has recently finished a research study in the waters around Aruba before returning to Florida. October of 2009 the first sightings of the Lionfish were reported in the ABC islands. Aruba is the island that so far has been the least affected in the sense that compared to the other two islands the sightings in Aruba have not been more than 50 so far while in Bonaire the numbers caught has exceeded 300.  Over the past six months several articles have been printed and even a few news segments on television has been dedicated to this invasive species that is becoming a serious menace to the marine ecology systems and humans. This past week one dive operator reported one Lionfish, which might have been the largest one spotted so far, reaching almost 45cm. This is generally the maximum size for mature adults.

2 4 1
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #504 on: August 17, 2010, 02:42:08 PM »

Like many others, after all these years I still get Natalee breaking news alerts.  I never tire of this one:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/natalee-holloway-suspect-may-face-death-penalty

RNW have already removed the story and to be fair it didn't really hold any water.

The spanish version that Northern Rose posted is still up.

http://www.rnw.nl/espanol/bulletin/%C2%BFpena-de-muerte-para-joran-van-der-sloot

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: August 17, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »

Good Afternoon, Monkeys,

I still read daily, every post, just don't always log in as I don't have any new news/

I am quite happy with the way this story is staying in the news.  Aruba is revealing its true self more all the time.  They are self-destructing right in front of our eyes.

May well be that Karma thing after all, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
DPJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

Yes and rightly so as it's a different and more realistic story than the dutch and english one.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: August 17, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

Joran has not yet gone to trail.  So they shouldn't be so sure this can't be enacted prior to his official trail and applied.

Interesting how the Dutch are so concerned with sparing the life of Joran but didn't give a flip about his victims, not even enough to pressure Aruba into prosecuting him when he murdered Natalee.  It's like saying the life of one Dutchman is worth more than that of an American and any and all future victims.  How can we see this other than arrogant?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »

Trail s/b trial.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »

A life sentence for Joran for committing murder during a robbery should be sufficient.

The extreme cold, pneumonia and other disease prevalence and even now rabies from vampire bats as well as Joran's own personality stack the odds against his survival.  As the fellow poker player stated, Joran is such a punk he will never survive once released into the general population as he can't keep his arrogant mouth shut.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: August 17, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »

TxMom, I couldn't help but note Alex Matthews was using his walker suddenly once again.

Odd how he didn't need it for his grand opening, etc.

Monkey Devil!

Guess he was just reminding them not to violate his human rights again.

PERSONA NON GRATA

DPJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: August 17, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »

Joran has not yet gone to trail.  So they shouldn't be so sure this can't be enacted prior to his official trail and applied.
Yes they can and the spanish article partly explains why so that's why they removed the dutch and english one and kept this different one on their website.

Joran will face tough charges and a severe penalty -and rightly so- but not the death penalty like the article suggested.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: August 17, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »

And never is the history of Latin America has a sentence been enhanced by Presidential Decree or Executive Order!

Joran's sentence will be what Peru says it will be.  And they aren't too concerned with what others have to say about that. 

But nothing will be needed in that regard in the instance of the punk vd Sloot.  Joran is finally beyond the reach of his coddlers.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: August 17, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

Regardless of what the story line is about the new crockumentary, I think they were already well into production with their bashing when the news that Joran was arrested again along with the incriminating evidence came out.

Too late to stop it and so they are stuck with their Christmas cake long after the holiday.

Stale and useless now.  It will only reinforce the fact that one should not go there in the first place.

Only the most stupid would still be trying to blame the victim.  Yes, that would be the Arubans and those from the NL helping them with their tin ears.

At least the world is coming to realize and recognize what kind of people inhabit that island and the lenghts they will go to to try and preserve their sacred tourism.  Your life and reputation mean nothing and can be snuffed out, both of them, on a whim.  They will refuse to collect evidence then pretend there was none.

Tricks even a child can and will see through.

Have a nice evening, Monkeys!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: August 17, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »

Yes they can and the spanish article partly explains why so that's why they removed the dutch and english one and kept this different one on their website.

Joran will face tough charges and a severe penalty -and rightly so- but not the death penalty like the article suggested.

Yes, we all know he's not likely to get the death penalty but I still enjoy seeing it in print  Monkey Devil! 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: August 17, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »

Yes, we all know he's not likely to get the death penalty but I still enjoy seeing it in print  Monkey Devil! 
No worries my friends ........ ANY sentence will mean "death penalty" in Peru. He won't survive.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: August 17, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »

No worries my friends ........ ANY sentence will mean "death penalty" in Peru. He won't survive.
He will be WISHING they actually did have Capital Punishment -- it would be much more humane and painless the way he is going to go at the hands of other prisoners!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: August 17, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »

Exactly Wreck 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #518 on: August 17, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »

SuzieQ,

Yes, he's the one from the equipment rental business that was murdered.

I haven't seen much about that in the news since the night of the murder.  I don't think Amigoe reported on it at all, or maybe I missed it.

Some say he was shot...

http://www.facebook.com

Tito Lacle shooting case na di Cura Cabai: source: cops
August 10 at 7:36 pm · Share
Kelly Reymundo Update please!
August 10 at 8:40 pm
Margaret Wever shoots Oh, darn guns.
August 10 at 10:50 pm

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_76743.php

Google translation:

ARUBA
OM: "Dorbeck not shoot '
August 17, 2010, 13:41 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - An autopsy showed that the 67-year-old John William Dorbeck indeed a crime to killed.

The Public Prosecutor (OM) would only say that the victim was not shot, as previously suggested in the media. What the exact cause of death, to the Public "in the interest of the investigation" does not say. The investigation is still in a very early stage, "said Justice. The prosecutor will therefore not too much information public.

Last Sunday was the technical search again searched the house in Dorbeck Cabay Cura. It was a 'broad service search, "says Angela Ann, spokesman for the OM. "It was particularly to examine the records of the victim." Dorbeck had a rental company for tools. He was found dead Aug. 10 his house and shop in Cura Cabay. To the motive for the murder affected the judiciary still in the dark. They also have no specific suspect in mind. However, they are looking for clients of the victim. Especially those in July and August have rented equipment Dorbeck are invited to search the San Nicolas to report.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #519 on: August 17, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_76748.php

Google translation:

"Possible death penalty for Joran '

August 17, 2010, 13:46 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - The murder suspect Joran van der Sloot might still be sentenced to death. This letter several foreign media in response to statements by the Peruvian President Alan Garcia. The president declared public that he wants to re-introduce capital punishment in his country.

Reuters writes that, according to an expert in the Peruvian newspaper Horas Libre's not inconceivable that the Dutchman is also eligible for capital punishment. " Legal obstacles, however, make it 'unlikely' that the death penalty on short-term returns as a punitive measure in the Peruvian legal system, lawyers said in the media. Joran currently resides in the heavily fortified Miguel Castro Castro prison. He is in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. Should he be convicted for robbery, hanged him with the current legislation a maximum penalty of 35 years above the head. The death penalty since 1979 only in the case of high treason in wartime.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.