March 29, 2024, 02:19:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #844 7/31/10 - 8/29/2010  (Read 253415 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #660 on: August 21, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

Thanks Sandy Leiva!   

Yes, it is unbelievable!   

Weren't there a bunch of guns found along with the pot plants and the money?

Yes, and from what I can tell the father and son that were arrested at the same time as Lorenzo were the only ones that were held responsible for any guns, and I only saw mention of a shotgun.  They said they had them to protect their animals or shoot dogs or something like that.   think the end result was that one got two months, and one got four months "conditional" with 2 years probation.  So I don't know if they actually have to serve it now...or only if they do something else in the two years time.

IIRC there are still a couple more that were arrested at the same time...with the last name of Vrolijk... Wonder if they've ever come to trial....the machine guns must have been theirs.      

Here's some of the articles from that time...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=188.480

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: August 21, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/nieuws/peter-r.-de-vries-gearresteerd-in-australi/

Google translation:

Saturday, August 21, 2010, 07:30
News
Peter R. de Vries on bail by Australian court

Peter R. de Vries
Crime Reporter Peter R. de Vries after 24 hours in a cell to have chaired this morning by a court in Perth on bail. De Vries must next Tuesday in a trial justified. Condition of bail is that De Vries until then it detected the suspected murder of Daniel Ross is not approaching, nor in his neighborhood is.

Penalty
Chantal Schuylenburch, also arrested the colleague of De Vries has directly been fined $ 200 and no longer have to stand trial. She too was released this morning.

The arrest of crime reporter has been pretty big news in Australia. The morning court session was attended by many people. At the detention center where De Vries and Van Schuylenburch detained, had settled several camera crews prepared.

Inverted World

Peter is arrested
Peter R. de Vries said the state of affairs after his release absurd and not fit within the judicial process in a Western country, "We have just done our job. I have not Ross threatened, insulted or touched. I am not even been inside with him. I just wanted to ask questions and deliver a letter. It is incredible that the Australian police on his panic and call uitrukte U.S. arrested and locked in place that is happy that we have a fugitive murder suspect identified. They take him to protect and punish us. While the worldwide accepted fact is that a fugitive murder suspect knowingly takes the risk that he gets the press behind him and what critical questions to be put up, but that is obviously different in Australia. Ross is not suspected of shoplifting, but of murder and is internationally by Interpol reported. It really is the world upside down. "

Completely stripped
De Vries and Van Schuylenburch told that their detention fulfill all the clichés that you see in films: "We had to undress completely - a so-called 'strip search - and were put naked against the wall. We then had to bend knee to make sure no contraband we had at our bodily orifices. Then we had to give up fingerprints and DNA, and were locked in a bare concrete cell, with only a plastic mattress and a blanket. The light stayed on all night. By fellow prisoners were constantly beaten and yelled at the bars. It was cold in the cell.

Finally attention
De Vries refers to a special experience: It was not mildly fun, but it can not hurt the other side agrees to do. I have never belonged to the group who claimed that prison is a joke. Result of our arrest is that now the media and to inform the judicial level sudden attention to the case of the fugitive Daniel Ross. That makes it all worth it. "

Last update: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:03 hours

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: August 21, 2010, 06:15:15 PM »

Peter looks cute in his jeans and his paw paw sweater.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: August 21, 2010, 06:36:35 PM »

Peter looks cute in his jeans and his paw paw sweater.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: August 21, 2010, 08:14:40 PM »

THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE KALPOES?

Peter Devries

Newsweek - February 8, 2008

Do you believe that the Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were involved in any way?

PETER DEVIRES:  No, not at all.  On the tapes Joran calls them stupid.  I don't believe they were involved.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/3

THE COMPLETE STORY
How a sensational hidden camera operation
solved the Natalee Holloway case

Peter Devries:

Jorans friends Deepak and Satish, who have been arrested for this case several times, are completely innocent.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/complete-story.htm

Beth Holloway

Nancy Grace - August 26, 2006

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: We`ve known from day one Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are way deeply involved in this.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/26/ng.01.html

Karin Janssen - First Arrest - June, 2005

Aruba Authorities Detail Murder Suspicions
Friday, June 24, 2005

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

Karin Janssen - Second Arrest - August, 2005

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

Hans Mos - Third Arrest - November, 2007

Three Young Men Re-Arrested in Natalee Holloway Disappearance
Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dutch student Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were arrested on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312488,00.html

Arlene Ellis-Schipper - Aruban Attorney

Nancy Grace - July 20, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/ng.01.html

Noraina Pietersz - Aruban Attorney

Associated Press- June 9, 2005

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: August 21, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

Who is the real Joran van der Sloot?  Starting on A & E RIGHT NOW!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »

Bringing an Australian version of the Peter de Vries arrest.  Thank you to the much loved monkey in the rafters who gave me a heads-up on this story.

Dutch crime reporter slams WA police
Lloyd Jones
August 21, 2010 - 4:49PM

AAP

A high-profile Dutch TV crime reporter has slammed West Australian police for arresting and locking him up after he tried to talk to a Perth man he says is a murder suspect.

Journalist Peter R de Vries, 53, and his colleague Chantal van Schuylenburgh, 43, were arrested about 3pm (WST) on Friday at a unit in the inner-city suburb of Subiaco.

They had been trying to talk to a 31-year-old Australian, who they say is a murder suspect in the death of 23-year-old Dutch woman Mariska Mast in Honduras two years ago.

When the man complained to police, the Dutch journalists were warned by officers to keep off the property and when they failed to comply with a move-on order they were arrested.

They refused to sign for bail and were kept in cells overnight.

In the magistrates court on Saturday morning, van Schuylenburgh pleaded guilty to failing to comply with a move-on order and was fined $200 and ordered to pay court costs of $62.50, with a spent conviction entered.

But De Vries, who has a TV crime show in Holland, said he would not plead guilty because "it depends how you look at the facts".

The magistrate adjourned the case until Tuesday and granted de Vries bail on condition he not visit the Subiaco property or contact the man.

Outside court, de Vries told reporters he found it strange he was put in a cell when he had tracked down a murder suspect in Australia and just wanted to ask him some questions and hand him a letter.

"It's very strange, I thought I was in Australia, a free country with free press but it looks like I'm in China or Korea.

"I'm very surprised the police decided this."

He said he explained to police what happened.

"I didn't touch him, I didn't insult him, I didn't threaten him," he said.

"This is a homicide case and I tracked him down and now you're putting me in jail. That's the world upside down."

De Vries said he was stripped for his overnight detention.

De Vries said the Australian was questioned by police in Honduras after the death of Ms Mast in August 2008, when he was a dive instructor on the Caribbean resort island of Roatan.

She had gone to his apartment but the next morning the suspect and his female Korean room-mate, who is now detained in Honduras, had taken a severely injured Ms Mast to hospital, where she died.

De Vries said the suspect, who has Australian and British citizenship, had been released pending an investigation but had to surrender his British passport and not leave the country.

Interpol has issued a warrant for an Australian man for the Honduras incident.

But he had used his Australian passport to leave Honduras and avoid the investigation, De Vries said.

De Vries said Australian police did not know where the suspect was until his investigative team tracked him down in Subiaco.

Duty Inspector Dominic Wood told AAP he was unaware of any request to WA Police from Interpol or any other outside police jurisdiction about a homicide inquiry in Honduras or the 31-year-old Australian man.

"That may well change ... something may be being organised as a result of the interest by these Dutch journalists," he said.

© 2010 AAP

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-national/dutch-crime-reporter-slams-wa-police-20100821-139gq.html

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »

And just for Anna  -----

http://www.aapimage.com.au/Search.aspx?search=PETER+DE+VRIES+ARREST+PERTH%26%28IMPORTDATE%3E20100820%29

Scroll over pics for the descriptions.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »

It looks like Aline is going to be interviewed on this one!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: August 21, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »

Thanks Tibro!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: August 21, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »

So far Aline Hibbert and John Ludwick (sp?) have said a few things about Joran.

Not sure how much of it is true...

John Ludwick did say Joran was able to manipulate Anita.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: August 21, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »

Thanks Tibro!   

YW TxMom   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: August 21, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »

I'm recording, so if no one else summarizes...I'll do a summary when it's over and I can replay the recording.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: August 21, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »

I'm recording, so if no one else summarizes...I'll do a summary when it's over and I can replay the recording.

Thanks TM 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: August 21, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »

The A & E show has been very good so far, everyone should try to watch it. 

There are some replay times.

John Ludwick said right after he met Joran he attended Paulus's memorial in Aruba, and that he was the only friend of Joran's (his age) that attended.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: August 21, 2010, 11:07:39 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: August 21, 2010, 11:10:59 PM »

The A & E show about Joran ended and another one about Natalee started right after it.

Sorry for the delay on the summary, but I'm recording it too.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: August 21, 2010, 11:16:21 PM »

The A & E show about Joran ended and another one about Natalee started right after it.

Sorry for the delay on the summary, but I'm recording it too.

I think I've seen that one before, so I stopped it.

I'm working on the summary now.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: August 21, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »

Thanks TM 

Thanks TM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.