April 18, 2024, 05:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #39 9/24/10 - 4-6-2017  (Read 392422 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »

Photos up at ocala.com

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=OS&Dato=20100924&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=924009998&Ref=PH&show=galleries

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »

Ronald Cummings enters courtroom No. 302 at the Putnam County Courthouse before his sentencing Friday on three counts of drug trafficking. (Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun)

Crystal Sheffield, the mother of missing child Haleigh Cummings, hugs Teresa Neves, at far left, the mother of Ronald Cummings, after Ronald Cummings was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison for drug trafficking. (Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun)

Crystal Sheffield, at right, the mother of missing child Haleigh Cummings, and her mother Marie Griffis is interviewed outside the Putnam County Courthouse following Ronald Cummings' sentencing Friday, September 24, 2010. (Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun)

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »

Thank you Heart. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »

Thank you Heart for all the updates and photos.  an angelic monkey

Crystal sure does look much older/more mature now, dontcha think?

NCSunny

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »

Heart, thank you for so faithfully posting info about this case. Poor Haleigh. It seems all the adults in her life have failed her miserably.   an angelic monkey

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »

RONALD  LEMYLES  CUMMINGS
WELAKA,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 1/20/2010 8:56:04 PM  - Booking#: 10-00276
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 10/29/1983 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M
Charges       Misd/Felony   Degree   Bond   Bond Posted
893.135-1c1   DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST   F   F    $100,000.00    9/24/2010 11:40:32 AM
893.135-1c1   DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST   F   F    $150,000.00    9/24/2010 11:40:24 AM
893.135-1c1   DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST   F   F    $250,000.00    8/20/2010 11:49:00 AM
893.135-1c1   DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST   F   F    $250,000.00    8/20/2010 11:49:57 AM
893.135-1c1   DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST   F   F    $150,000.00    9/24/2010 11:40:14 AM
                $900,000.00    

Heart
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »

Thank you Heart for the update and pics. You are the best. an angelic monkey

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »

Word has it that Kim Picazio will be on:

Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell  Little Haleigh Cummings’ father Ron has just been sentenced to 15 years for drug trafficking! Now Misty is isolated and alone… TONIGHT: Are cops putting the squeeze on Ron's ex-wife? Call in on this! Just email your name + comments + phone number to jane@cnn.com and we’ll put you at the top of our callers list!

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »

Thank you Heart for the update and pics. You are the best. an angelic monkey
You all are very welcome!

They now need to bring HaLeigh home.

Next sentencing for Misty and trial for WBG.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 03:41:51 PM »

Outside, First Coast News reported Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh’s mother, and other family members in the courthouse parking lot, crying. All said they believed the sentence was too short.

So did members of Croslin’s family. “I don’t see how it’s fair at all,” Misty’s sister in law, Chelsea Croslin, told The Bald Truth Friday. “Misty kept changing her story, and it always benefited Ronald. That’s why he’d always say, “I believe Misty.’ I think she’s scared to death to tell what she knows. No one seems interested at all in even hearing what she might have to say. There are a lot of things in her story that don’t add up, but I think she’s changed it because Ronald threatened her. I still think she’s protecting Ronald out of fear.”

more...

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/ronald-cummings-gets-15-years-in-prison-art-harris-on-jane-velez-mitchell-nancy-grace-fri/#more-4806

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:34 PM »

Looks as though Chelsea is selling her pictures and story.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 04:20:04 PM »

Outside, First Coast News reported Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh’s mother, and other family members in the courthouse parking lot, crying. All said they believed the sentence was too short.

So did members of Croslin’s family. “I don’t see how it’s fair at all,” Misty’s sister in law, Chelsea Croslin, told The Bald Truth Friday. “Misty kept changing her story, and it always benefited Ronald. That’s why he’d always say, “I believe Misty.’ I think she’s scared to death to tell what she knows. No one seems interested at all in even hearing what she might have to say. There are a lot of things in her story that don’t add up, but I think she’s changed it because Ronald threatened her. I still think she’s protecting Ronald out of fear.”

more...

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/ronald-cummings-gets-15-years-in-prison-art-harris-on-jane-velez-mitchell-nancy-grace-fri/#more-4806

I guess we will have to wait and see if First Coast reports what AH says they have said because I do not see that in the First Coast article nor their video.

First Coast article & video here:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&provider=top

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 05:49:46 PM »

Video:  Ronald Cummings Sent to Prison

http://www.news4jax.com/video/25146457/index.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 06:29:47 PM »

Ronald Cummings talks to his lawyer prior to being sentenced to prison.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun

Teresa Neves, the mother of Ronald Cummings, breaks down on the stand while defending her son in courtroom 302 of the Putnam County Courthouse Friday, September 24, 2010. Ronald Cummings, the father of missing child Haleigh Cummings, was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison for drug trafficking.

Ronald Cummings looks to family while in courtroom number 302 at the Putnam County Courthouse during his sentencing on three counts of drug trafficking Friday, September 24, 2010. Cummings was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison.

Ronald Cummings leaves courtroom number 302 at the Putnam County Courthouse with his lawyer Terry Shoemaker after his sentencing on three counts of drug trafficking Friday, September 24, 2010. Cummings was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison.

Ronald Cummings looks to family as he enters courtroom number 302 at the Putnam County Courthouse before his sentencing on three counts of drug trafficking Friday, September 24, 2010. Cummings was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »

more...

I guess we will have to wait and see if First Coast reports what AH says they have said because I do not see that in the First Coast article nor their video.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&provider=top

From First Coast:

Here we go.

This is what First Coast News reported.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot after the sentence, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence.

"I don't want my son to grow up without his father," Sheffield said as she wept.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of the little girl who vanished in 2009, sparking an Amber alert that thrust the town of Satsuma into the national spotlight has learned his sentence on drug charges.

Ronald Cummings agreed to plead guilty to three of the five drug cases against him in August, in exchange for two of the cases being dropped.

This morning, he was sentenced to three years and a $50,000 fine, 15 years and a $100,000 fine, and 15 years and another $100,000 fine in the three cases, to be served concurrently.

He faced a maximum of 70 years if sentenced to the max on all three cases to be served consecutively.

The concurrent sentences mean he faces 15 years total.

His mother took the stand this morning to plea for leniency in the sentence.

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot after the sentence, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence.

"I don't want my son to grow up without his father," Sheffield said as she wept.

She hoped the drug cases would reveal some clues to her daughter's disappearance. Sheffield believes Cummings ex-wife, Misty Croslin, and her brother, Hank, hold more information. The Croslins were arrested on drug charges too.

"(Misty and Hank Croslin are) telling us that (Haleigh is) dead," said Sheffield. "They have nothing to back it up. My baby is out there and she is coming home," said Sheffield.

Other family members hugged nearby, and said the 15-year sentence was a bitter disappointment.

"We had hoped and prayed things would be different but nothing we could do about it right this minute. We just have to pray a little harder," said Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great grandmother.

Terry Shoemaker, Cummings attorney, said they were expecting this sentence because it is the minimum mandatory, and that his client has done what he could to help the other drug cases.

Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and three other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges.

Croslin entered a no-contest plea in August and awaits sentencing in October, where she could be sentenced anywhere from about six years to 240 years.

Croslin was the last person to see Cummings' daughter in Feb. 2009, when she was babysitting Haleigh Cummings in The Cummings' Satsuma home.

Haleigh disappeared and has been the subject of a nationwide Amber alert since, though the sheriff has said he believes her to be dead.

Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said in August that Misty had finally opened up about what happened that night, saying her brother and cousin took Haleigh.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

more...

From First Coast:

Here we go.

This is what First Coast News reported.

Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of the little girl who vanished in 2009, sparking an Amber alert that thrust the town of Satsuma into the national spotlight has learned his sentence on drug charges.

Ronald Cummings agreed to plead guilty to three of the five drug cases against him in August, in exchange for two of the cases being dropped.

This morning, he was sentenced to three years and a $50,000 fine, 15 years and a $100,000 fine, and 15 years and another $100,000 fine in the three cases, to be served concurrently.

He faced a maximum of 70 years if sentenced to the max on all three cases to be served consecutively.

The concurrent sentences mean he faces 15 years total.

His mother took the stand this morning to plea for leniency in the sentence.

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

She hoped the drug cases would reveal some clues to her daughter's disappearance. Sheffield believes Cummings ex-wife, Misty Croslin, and her brother, Hank, hold more information. The Croslins were arrested on drug charges too.

"(Misty and Hank Croslin are) telling us that (Haleigh is) dead," said Sheffield. "They have nothing to back it up. My baby is out there and she is coming home," said Sheffield.

Other family members hugged nearby, and said the 15-year sentence was a bitter disappointment.

"We had hoped and prayed things would be different but nothing we could do about it right this minute. We just have to pray a little harder," said Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great grandmother.

Terry Shoemaker, Cummings attorney, said they were expecting this sentence because it is the minimum mandatory, and that his client has done what he could to help the other drug cases.

Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and three other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges.

Croslin entered a no-contest plea in August and awaits sentencing in October, where she could be sentenced anywhere from about six years to 240 years.

Croslin was the last person to see Cummings' daughter in Feb. 2009, when she was babysitting Haleigh Cummings in The Cummings' Satsuma home.

Haleigh disappeared and has been the subject of a nationwide Amber alert since, though the sheriff has said he believes her to be dead.

Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said in August that Misty had finally opened up about what happened that night, saying her brother and cousin took Haleigh.

Thanks so much heart for faithfully posting on HaLeighbug's thread an angelic monkey

God Bless this angel, and I have to say I am impressed that both families were at least able to hug and comfort each other...that shows some class IMO. I have to say I don't know if I would have been so gracious. Again, I heard Ron gave up info he knew for a deal which pisses me off like nothing else, when your child is gone you tell all ASAP, the very minute LE arrives. It just shows how pathetically selfish he is to put his needs (shorter sentence) ahead of his child.........the sentence does seem short considering his history when compared to others. At least it is some weird sort of justice for HaLeigh, but for those who are still looking for her and think she is still alive it's heart breaking that not one damn scumbag in this bunch has decided to give them even a measure of peace, instead all in jail are still covering their ass.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »

LFla posted:

Cutey-pie Schu was the one who held up the proceedings. A wreck on I-95 delayed his drive from Jax. [Don't ask me why he was coming from Jax. When he left the courthouse he was en route to Orlando.]

Beautiful, you would have had a slap fit over Tee & CC's shoes today.  Professional dancer shoes, IMO. One wore gold, the other wore silver. [Swear-to-gawd. 5" heels. Astonishing.]  Tee has a rack on her I never noticed before today.  Dunno if they are real but they are HUMONGOUS.  Her hair was shorter, but not short.

grAnnette and Tee sat on separate rows. Very little convo except for Tee to advise grAnnette that she would be the only one testifying.

Crystal S seemed more authentically tearful than anybody else except the balloon lady and a youngish woman wearing blue. [Looked like she was maybe in her 20s.]  JMO - Crystal & Marie were extraordinarily gracious to Ron's family.

Tee & the rest of Ron's family snuck out of the side door after the hearing.  Crystal and Marie did an interview on the courthouse steps.  Terry answered 2 or 3 questions but had to scoot because he had to get to Orlando.

Interesting looking man on the back row. Looked a little bit like Col. Sanders [of KFC fame].

http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=309.msg34647#msg34647

I wouldn't let my daughter wear shoes like that if I had to lock her in her room and I sure wouldn't......WOW

And that smirk always makes me want to slap him til it's gone

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »

LFla posted:

Cutey-pie Schu was the one who held up the proceedings. A wreck on I-95 delayed his drive from Jax. [Don't ask me why he was coming from Jax. When he left the courthouse he was en route to Orlando.]

Beautiful, you would have had a slap fit over Tee & CC's shoes today.  Professional dancer shoes, IMO. One wore gold, the other wore silver. [Swear-to-gawd. 5" heels. Astonishing.]  Tee has a rack on her I never noticed before today.  Dunno if they are real but they are HUMONGOUS.  Her hair was shorter, but not short.

grAnnette and Tee sat on separate rows. Very little convo except for Tee to advise grAnnette that she would be the only one testifying.

Crystal S seemed more authentically tearful than anybody else except the balloon lady and a youngish woman wearing blue. [Looked like she was maybe in her 20s.]  JMO - Crystal & Marie were extraordinarily gracious to Ron's family.

Tee & the rest of Ron's family snuck out of the side door after the hearing.  Crystal and Marie did an interview on the courthouse steps.  Terry answered 2 or 3 questions but had to scoot because he had to get to Orlando.

Interesting looking man on the back row. Looked a little bit like Col. Sanders [of KFC fame].

http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=309.msg34647#msg34647

I wouldn't let my daughter wear shoes like that if I had to lock her in her room and I sure wouldn't......WOW

And that smirk always makes me want to slap him til it's gone

Their inability to dress themselves in appropriate courtroom attire rivals and maybe even tops Cindy Anthonys.  God bless Haleigh.....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 10:17:46 PM »

Islandmonkey I laughed till I almost wet my pants looking at their stripper shoes going to court!!!  Pure white trash testifying in court.  Please forgive me for saying that but I just couldn't help it.  I'm surprised TN didn't throw on her LE jacket over that dress!  Poor little HaLeigh, she would have ended up just like the rest of them.  You know it would be so nice if she was just taken by some sweet little family that wanted a child and she's living the life a child could only dream of!  Not what should happen either but it beats the actual truth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.