March 28, 2024, 05:05:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #39 9/24/10 - 4-6-2017  (Read 391648 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »

15 years.. so in Florida does that mean Ron will be out in 7 1/2 years with 'good behavior'?  Here in Nebraska, it's one day off the sentencing for every good day served, which makes for half the time sentenced.  Hard to think that Ron will be the upstanding role model inmate tho.  Heh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 11:25:22 PM »

15 years.. so in Florida does that mean Ron will be out in 7 1/2 years with 'good behavior'?  Here in Nebraska, it's one day off the sentencing for every good day served, which makes for half the time sentenced.  Hard to think that Ron will be the upstanding role model inmate tho.  Heh. 

From this article I'm going to post, it doesn't look like Ron will be out in 7 1/2 years:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100814/ARTICLES/8141011
Florida drug sentences too harsh?
A person could end up serving more time for drugs than for manslaughter.

When 19-year-old Hope Sykes was sentenced in April to 15 years in prison for drug trafficking, she looked stunned. Then she cried.

The Satsuma teenager had pleaded no contest to selling 25 hydrocodone pills to an undercover officer. Her co-defendants - including her cousin Ronald Cummings, the father of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings - also face terms of at least 15 years under Florida's mandatory minimum drug sentences.

Among the toughest mandatory minimum laws in the nation, Florida mandates strict prison terms - with no time off for good behavior - for convictions of drug dealing, use of a gun during a crime and sex crimes involving children.

Under Florida's sentencing laws, for example, a person convicted of trafficking a weight of oxycodone that amounts to about 44 pills faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison, according to policy analysis done in October for the Florida Senate.

But as Florida's prison population continues to swell and the state budget continues to shrink, some are asking whether mandatory sentences still are advisable from a standpoint of finances, fairness and effectiveness at deterring crime.

"Florida has some of the harshest penalties. The mandatory minimum for (trafficking) over 28 grams of Vicodin or oxycodone is 25 years. In Texas, it's two," said Deborah Fleischaker, state legislative affairs director of Families Against Mandatory Minimums.
(snip)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

Well, I for one am glad he got the 15 years and should have gotten more, makes up for the charges he was never charged with before and the crimes Im sure he has commited and never got caught at! I cant believe Teresa would sit her butt in court and say...He has two kids......omg, he has 3 kids, and being a GrandMother she couldnt even do the right thing and mention his son by Amber, sick......Im discusted with the whole bunch....I guess Ambers son is  really the lucky one, at least if the Cumming's family dont claim him then he will never have to be around the idiots! Goodbye Ronald and I hope you have to serve every minute of those 15 years, not a second less and I hope you have to think of HaLeigh every second and how you put her in danger. Now on to Misty, lets keep her butt in prison for a long time too...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2010, 01:31:45 AM »

Transcript - ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/24/ijvm.01.html

Transcript - NANCY GRACE

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/24/ng.01.html

Heart
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2010, 05:49:46 AM »

Well, I for one am glad he got the 15 years and should have gotten more, makes up for the charges he was never charged with before and the crimes Im sure he has commited and never got caught at! I cant believe Teresa would sit her butt in court and say...He has two kids......omg, he has 3 kids, and being a GrandMother she couldnt even do the right thing and mention his son by Amber, sick......Im discusted with the whole bunch....I guess Ambers son is  really the lucky one, at least if the Cumming's family dont claim him then he will never have to be around the idiots! Goodbye Ronald and I hope you have to serve every minute of those 15 years, not a second less and I hope you have to think of HaLeigh every second and how you put her in danger. Now on to Misty, lets keep her butt in prison for a long time too...

I agree with you.  Amber should thank her lucky stars, TN is not including him as a member of her family.

Amber's baby looks like RC, just by looking at him on Ambers lap, when she was giving her son a bottle. 

I will see if I can find the photo it is somewhere on the internet.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »

Thanks for posting all of that info. I did see JVM last night.
So, Ron gave them something. Too bad he didn't give it to them the same day Haleigh went " missing ". The man is all about himself. IMO, they all lied in the beginning to cover their azzes becasue there were drugs, drug deals, drug taking and all the rest of it and now they are all going to jail on newer drug charges. Karma.
Jail time ages a person in dog years, by the time any of them get out they will look and feel 7 times their ages.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »

Thanks for posting all of that info. I did see JVM last night.
So, Ron gave them something. Too bad he didn't give it to them the same day Haleigh went " missing ". The man is all about himself. IMO, they all lied in the beginning to cover their azzes becasue there were drugs, drug deals, drug taking and all the rest of it and now they are all going to jail on newer drug charges. Karma.
Jail time ages a person in dog years, by the time any of them get out they will look and feel 7 times their ages.
Snippets

In a plea deal with prosecutors, Cummings had to provide information dealing with the narcotics case and the ongoing investigation into his 5-year-old daughter's disappearance.

"Personally I think that 15 years is too much, however that's what the statute requires and I understand the state's position," Shoemaker said.

"I think that the reason that we were able to get a lesser sentence than the 25 years is because of Haleigh's case," Shoemaker said. "I think deep down the state feels sorry, whether or not they admit it, and realizes what Ronald's been through with Haleigh."

Shoemaker said Cummings spoke with investigators and "offered a lot of valuable information."

"I think he basically tied up a lot of loose ends, which allows them to formulate their theory as to what happened," Shoemaker said.

The majority of the information included details of the days leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, he added.

Chris Kelly, spokesman for the state attorney's office, said Friday's outcome was merely a matter of the facts.

"Each case is evaluated on its own facts and the resolution, and based on the facts of the case is what we felt was an appropriate sentence," Kelly said.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/09/25/news/news01.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 02:55:39 PM »

Ronald gets 15 years

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:12 AM EDT

Quiet sobs from relatives of Ronald Cummings were heard in a Palatka courtroom Friday morning as the 26-year-old father of Haleigh Cummings was sentenced to 15 years in prison on drug charges.

Shackled and wearing a dark blue jail jumpsuit, Cummings was silent during the hearing. His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, spoke for him, confirming his plea of guilty to three counts of trafficking in hydrocodone pills.

Cummings originally faced five counts after a month-long undercover investigation in January. Cummings would have faced a minimum sentence of 25 years had the two not been dropped.

In a plea deal with prosecutors, Cummings had to provide information dealing with the narcotics case and the ongoing investigation into his 5-year-old daughter's disappearance.

"Personally I think that 15 years is too much, however that's what the statute requires and I understand the state's position," Shoemaker said.

The charges stem from three transactions in which he dealt in a total of 39.7 grams of hydrocodone worth $465.

A camera secretly recorded the transactions and the videos served as key evidence against Cummings and four more people charged after the investigation.

"I think that the reason that we were able to get a lesser sentence than the 25 years is because of Haleigh's case," Shoemaker said. "I think deep down the state feels sorry, whether or not they admit it, and realizes what Ronald's been through with Haleigh."

Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, was the only person to testify Friday.

"I just want you to know that Ronald is a very good man," Neves said. "He has always been a very good father. He made a wrong choice. He has two children, we may not know where one of them is, but he does have two children that need him."

Crystal Sheffield, the children's mother, was present but declined to comment, saying that she was there for "my kids."

Haleigh disappeared from her Satsuma home on Feb. 10, 2009, and no sign of her has been found. The case was declared a homicide in April.

Shoemaker said Cummings spoke with investigators and "offered a lot of valuable information."

"I think he basically tied up a lot of loose ends, which allows them to formulate their theory as to what happened," Shoemaker said.

The majority of the information included details of the days leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, he added.

Chris Kelly, spokesman for the state attorney's office, said Friday's outcome was merely a matter of the facts.

"Each case is evaluated on its own facts and the resolution, and based on the facts of the case is what we felt was an appropriate sentence," Kelly said.

Others arrested in the case include Misty Croslin, 18; her brother, Hank Croslin Jr., 24; Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes, 18; and Donna Brock, 43.

Sykes and Hank Croslin Jr. each were sentenced to 15 years in prison, Misty Croslin is scheduled to be sentenced next month on eight counts of trafficking.

Putnam County sheriff's officials have said the drug investigation was not connected to the Haleigh case.

Authorities say Misty Croslin reported Haleigh missing at 3:27 a.m. just as Cummings returned from his night shift job at PDM Bridge in Palatka. Croslin said when she awoke about 3 a.m., the kitchen light was on, the back door was propped open with a concrete block and Haleigh was gone.

In a frantic 911 call, Cummings can be heard in the background yelling, "What did you do to my daughter?"

Crying, Croslin replied that she was sleeping.

The two married a month later, but divorced after seven months.

Allegations were recently made that Joe Overstreet, Croslin's Tennessee cousin, came to the home with Hank Croslin Jr. the night before Haleigh was reported missing and took the girl when he couldn't find a gun.

Croslin's attorney said her brother told investigators a similar story last spring, which triggered a three-day search of the St. Johns River near the Shell Harbour boat ramp.

No evidence was found in the search.

The sheriff's refuses to discuss the Haleigh case, saying it remains under investigation. Authorities have provided little information to the public about investigation's progress or status.

Last year, detectives said Misty Croslin had provided inconsistent statements to investigators and that she was key to solving the case.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/09/25/news/news01.txt

Heart
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Photo of Amber Brooks and the baby. The baby a resembles Ronald.  I can not understand how the gma's can not accept the
child as one of their own. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »

http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/amber-brooks-with-jordan2-300x223.jpg

Photo of Amber Brooks and the baby. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2010, 04:14:36 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Photo of Amber Brooks and the baby. The baby a resembles Ronald.  I can not understand how the gma's can not accept the

Hi Seahorse, I am pretty sure that is RC's baby, but I don't blame her for not wanting RC having anything to do with her baby even as messed up as she is. Also, I couldn't see a resemblance to anyone as in that photo Jordan is a newborn and to me most newborns don't show much resemblance to anyone except another newborn

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2010, 05:49:20 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

Hi Seahorse, I am pretty sure that is RC's baby, but I don't blame her for not wanting RC having anything to do with her baby even as messed up as she is. Also, I couldn't see a resemblance to anyone as in that photo Jordan is a newborn and to me most newborns don't show much resemblance to anyone except another newborn

IslandMonkey,

Are you talking about monkey babies?  Human babies have distinctive features-even newborns, you need to be more observant.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Levi-Page/109169690664

Levi Page BREAKING NEWS: Police question Misty Croslin and threaten to charge her with murder! And Misty's sister in law is steaming mad! If you missed tonights EXCLUSIVE report on the Haleigh Cummings go here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/09/25/levi-page-show 

ME: (The grapeine buzz is MC is under a watch, since, this is the internet I will watch for confirmation to be convinced)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

IslandMonkey,

Are you talking about monkey babies?  Human babies have distinctive features-even newborns, you need to be more observant.
No, never seen monkey babies....and IMO, human newborns look pretty generic (except dark hair/light hair/no hair) from my observance I don't see any resemblance to RC in that photo  , now as they get older -even just by a few months I can see more and more resemblance, but not as a newborn and not in a photo that really isn't a great picture due to the position of Jordan's face and distance, unless you are talking about other photos. I don't doubt for a moment Jordan is RC's son, just stating my opinion on that particular photo

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »

Misty said it was Ron's baby. Ron also picked the kiddo up from Amber's Granda or Mum at one point. Guess Amber never went to court to get child support and have the paternity test done.
Doesn't matter really who the parents are, Amber has a drug issue, kid is growing up being raised by druggies. Unless the GP or parents are involved and they are sober peeps, kiddo doesn't stand a chance.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »

NG  and JVM will be talking about HaLeigh Monday night according to Art. Misty has supposingly broken down in jail and told investigators that Tommy is the one that took HaLeigh that night and that he is also the one that made up the story about Joe being involved which Misty now says is not true.
  Oh boy, is that girl ever gonna tell the truth and if she does will anyone believe her, this is just so crazy..........God Bless HaLeigh!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 08:37:10 AM »

I know you guys won't like hearing me say this but I do believe ToC could have been so high that he drugged HC so he and MC could make a run for more drugs in the van or he could have come over and been high enough to molest HC and she started screaming and maybe it happened to MC when she was young by him so she just pulled the covers over her head till over but HC said I'm gonna tell my Dad and he got scared and did HC in.  At this point I could believe anything as long as the truth finally comes out and we know what happened/where she is!
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 11:19:04 AM »

I know you guys won't like hearing me say this but I do believe ToC could have been so high that he drugged HC so he and MC could make a run for more drugs in the van or he could have come over and been high enough to molest HC and she started screaming and maybe it happened to MC when she was young by him so she just pulled the covers over her head till over but HC said I'm gonna tell my Dad and he got scared and did HC in.  At this point I could believe anything as long as the truth finally comes out and we know what happened/where she is!

Anything'sossible at this point. I don't trust any of these characters.
My one ? has always been ` why HaLeigh, if it was Tommy? He has kids of his own. Crazy.
Well, Ron looks like he's ready to join the neo-nazi's with his bald-azz head., coward that he is.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/26/exclusive-tommy-croslin-took-haleigh-misty-changes-story-not-cousin-joe-overstreet/

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, © www.artharris.com, all rights reserved

Exclusive: Tommy Croslin Took Haleigh! Misty Changes Story: Not Cousin Joe Overstreet!

Within hours of Ronald Cummings sentencing Friday, The Bald Truth has learned Misty Croslin began to crack under relentless police questioning—and changed her story again.

Family members and sources close to the case tell me Croslin now claims she lied about her allegation that cousin Joe Overstreet snatched Haleigh to cover up yet another horror even closer to home. During her four hour interrogation Friday,  The Bald Truth learned exclusively that Misty Croslin now claims it was her own brother, Tommy Croslin, who came to the trailer that night, took Haleigh and fabricated the cousin Joe-machine gun story.

Then, my sources say, she told police Tommy pressured her to go along with it.
snipped

2 4 1
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »

Levi will be on JVM tonight with Chelsea Croslin, she says she is about to blow this case wide open.......I know I know...we have heard it all before but lets tune in and see if just maybe something is about to happen...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.