March 28, 2024, 05:43:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #39 9/24/10 - 4-6-2017  (Read 391580 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2010, 08:19:16 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

Jail may be a positive step in Misty's life.  She could learn to add and subtract, spell and find a vocation.

She gravitated to "make-up and hair" with Haleigh, perhaps, Misty could take a course in Jail to steer her in that

direction.  If she worked in a kitchen, that would give her more knowledge, than opening up a can of Beenie Weiners.

I believe she will survive and hopefully learn sometimes positive in jail.  Maybe she will remember what happened to HC:(

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »

Bluemonkey,

I agree with you.  Misty deserves everything she gets and more.
She had more chances in life than many successful people.

I grew up in a big mess.   I married at fifeteen ( not pregnant, just a way of life, my sister was thirteen ).  Out of five, I am the only one that made it out.  One way or another, your tax dollars are supporting the rest of them.  I made it because of an accumulation of many small words, movies, people that came my way during my life.  I have a two degrees ( social work and sociology of course ) and several certifications.  I have adopted children, birth children, worked for CPS.

My sister had five children.  Their lives make Misty's look like a day at the park.  The oldest took matters into her own hands.  At age seventeen she had her own apartment, drove a Mustang, worked full time, and graduated a year ahead of her class so she could get on with her life.   She did not do the dances, proms, etc.   She lied and finagled so no one discovered she was on her own.  She also ran interference and tried to care for her younger siblings.   She made it.  She is now an RN, has eight children to date, and has built a beautiful home large enough for her children.  She lives in a desireable community.  She breastfeeds her babies, is involved in the children's sports, music lessons, etc.
She sees things as black and white, right and wrong.  She is strict and demanding.   No middle ground for herself.  The stress will one day slow her down as it did me.  But we broke the cycle and our children are continuing without any real knowledge of the lives we lived.   We keep our children from really knowing our siblings and extended family members.

so, there is not one thing Misty could say that would cause me to give her leeway.  Living the lives we did, I can imagine what happened that night in the trailer and the minds set of those involved.  No, they do not sit around feeling bad.   Somehoe, everything is justified and minimzed.  I can remember my father saying if a drunk driver hits and kills a family, it is the families; fault.  They had no business out when they know the roads belong to the drunks after a certain time at night.  When justifying a burglary, they will bring up something that happened two generations ago.  Blaming the victim is an art, no mater what the crime and n o matter what the age.

In my opinion, there is justice.   It is highly likely everyone who could have been involved is in jail.  They will be there for a long time.  We have no idea what they will endure or if they will make it out alive.  People know and their names will forever be affiliated with the death of Haleigh.  While I do not think it  is something they will make them re pentent, it going to affect the rest of their lives one way or another.  And there will be no positive outcome for an of them.

MOO

Terri
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2010, 11:09:11 AM »

25 years in prison for Misty

By Julie Martin
Published: Saturday, October 9, 2010 2:09 AM EDT
ST. AUGUSTINE - Misty Croslin was sentenced to 25 years in prison Friday afternoon for trafficking oxycodone.

Croslin was the babysitter and - briefly - the stepmother of Haleigh Cummings, the 5-year-old South Putnam girl who disappeared from her home Feb. 10, 2009.

"You made the choice," Circuit Judge Wendy Berger told Croslin. "Now you've got to live with the choice you've made."

A full courtroom, which included family members of key players in the Haleigh Cummings case, heard testimony from Croslin, her mother Lisa Croslin, and state Department Law Enforcement Agent Travis Smith during the two-hour hearing held in the St. Johns County Courthouse.

Dressed in T-shirts with Haleigh's picture, family members of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, sat near Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield and her family.

Across the aisle, members of Misty Croslin's family were seated in a row.

Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, asked that the judge to consider Croslin's troubled upbringing and the influence of co-defendants Ronald Cummings, Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. and former search volunteer Donna Brock and sentence her as a youthful offender, which carries a six-year sentence.

"She's a young child," Fields said. "She's been influenced and exploited by everyone she's come in contact with."

http://palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/10/09/news/news01.txt
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »

Croslin gets 25 years
Posted: October 9, 2010 - 12:19am

By RICHARD PRIOR
Misty Janette Croslin conceded from the stand that she should get some prison time for trafficking in hydrocodone, but it would have been a lot less than the 25 years she received during Friday's sentencing hearing.

She told St. Johns County Circuit Judge Wendy W. Berger that she was entitled to a break because, "I learned my lesson not to mess with drugs."

She said she wants to go back to school, get a job and have a family.

"And I'm so young," said Croslin, who will turn 19 on Dec. 9.

The judge was left with few sentencing choices for Croslin, who was charged with trafficking between 28 grams and 30 kilograms of Oxycodone after selling 155 Endocet tablets to an undercover officer on Jan. 8.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-10-09/croslin-gets-25-years
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »

I do not (at this moment  ) feel sorry for Misty.  She had choices, no matter how she was brought up, and she made the wrong choices, over and over.
I do think 25 years is too long for a drug charge. People commit  murders every day and get off with less than that.  I hope all these long prison sentences for drugs in Fla has a healthy dose of rehab and education thrown in,  so when they are released they can go on to make something of their lives. Even the Croslins.

And I agree with Higherhopes, Lisa should be prosecuted for the way she raised those kids, it is despicable.

I would also like to know about the father of that baby.  If she was left "to fend for herself with two brothers" I wonder if one of the me could have been the father.  It didn't say it was the boyfriends, only that she was pregnant and ran off with the boyfriend...

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Last night's Levi Page show audio.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/10/09/levi-page-show

10/8/2010
9:00 PM - 30 min

Length: 30 min

Update in the Haleigh Cummings case! The last person to see little Haleigh alive has been sentenced to 25-years in prison for drug trafficking! Misty Croslin and her mother begged for mercy, but the judge didn't deliver it? What does this mean for the Haleigh Cummings case? Investigative Journalist Art Harris with artharris.com weighs in

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #266 on: October 09, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »

Just my 2 cents I DO think 25 yrs is excessive compared to murderer's, rapist and child molestors who get 10yrs or a slap on the wirst for their vile crimes, but I do think she had a part (atm  I am uncertain how much, but enough to warrant 25 yrs). That being stated Ron should have rec'd just as much due to his lengthy history of drug charges and his involvement in HaLeigh's disappearance, same with Tommy IMO. I did see Lisa testify and am shocked she is out with her history but even as low as she is she didn't dress in hooker shoes for court .

Also, I volunteered for yrs when I took a hiatus from work in 96 in the inner city Memphis at risk program for children and sadly think if even 1 of those poor kids who have lived a childhood that I compare to worse than a living hell it will be a miracle, if I could have adopted half of them I would as every day when I left I would cry and my heart was broken seeing the lives they lived and so called caregivers they answered to, one child name Otto had a brother 14 months older with the same name, the mom was so doped up on crack she thought the eldest Otto was dead.......and, they wore the same clothes to school daily, buttons missing and either too big or too small and the bulk of them lived with others who rec'd money from the state as a "foster parent" to "care" for them and if they even got a C on a report card they would be beat with belts, you name it. Several times I called DCF to report the caregivers and NOTHING happened, these were nobody's child in the eyes of the state, easier to toss them with whomever would shelter them and forget about the problem. I remember taking pumpkins the week before Halloween and asking the parents to come help carve them, not ONE helped and when the kids helped me unload the pumpkins, they asked me "are these real pumpkins".......I had to choke back the tears so they wouldn't see, and some of the kids were 12 yrs old and had never seen a pumpkin. I also took hot chocolate and marshmellows to the kids in winter and none used the marshmellows, I finally asked if they didn't like them and every one of them told me they didn't know what a marshmellow was. Needless to say it was a very draining time on my spirit because I NEVER knew the reality I lived 20 miles from, and not a damn thing I could do to change it......

More than anythin I pray one day these POS drug heads in prison will one day grow a set and tell what happened, but I am not holding my breath, but she deserves to be found, and those that don't know deserve to know what happened to her, maybe not the gruesome details but at least they might find a shred of peace knowing that she is not out there scared, sick, being abused......I couldn't even function to be honest with those questions hanging in my head, and it's time to put an end to this and bring her home finally.

God Bless you HaLeighbug and those who love you an angelic monkey

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

She doesn't even look like the same person

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »

Just my 2 cents I DO think 25 yrs is excessive compared to murderer's, rapist and child molestors who get 10yrs or a slap on the wirst for their vile crimes, but I do think she had a part (atm  I am uncertain how much, but enough to warrant 25 yrs). That being stated Ron should have rec'd just as much due to his lengthy history of drug charges and his involvement in HaLeigh's disappearance, same with Tommy IMO. I did see Lisa testify and am shocked she is out with her history but even as low as she is she didn't dress in hooker shoes for court .

Also, I volunteered for yrs when I took a hiatus from work in 96 in the inner city Memphis at risk program for children and sadly think if even 1 of those poor kids who have lived a childhood that I compare to worse than a living hell it will be a miracle, if I could have adopted half of them I would as every day when I left I would cry and my heart was broken seeing the lives they lived and so called caregivers they answered to, one child name Otto had a brother 14 months older with the same name, the mom was so doped up on crack she thought the eldest Otto was dead.......and, they wore the same clothes to school daily, buttons missing and either too big or too small and the bulk of them lived with others who rec'd money from the state as a "foster parent" to "care" for them and if they even got a C on a report card they would be beat with belts, you name it. Several times I called DCF to report the caregivers and NOTHING happened, these were nobody's child in the eyes of the state, easier to toss them with whomever would shelter them and forget about the problem. I remember taking pumpkins the week before Halloween and asking the parents to come help carve them, not ONE helped and when the kids helped me unload the pumpkins, they asked me "are these real pumpkins".......I had to choke back the tears so they wouldn't see, and some of the kids were 12 yrs old and had never seen a pumpkin. I also took hot chocolate and marshmellows to the kids in winter and none used the marshmellows, I finally asked if they didn't like them and every one of them told me they didn't know what a marshmellow was. Needless to say it was a very draining time on my spirit because I NEVER knew the reality I lived 20 miles from, and not a damn thing I could do to change it......

More than anythin I pray one day these POS drug heads in prison will one day grow a set and tell what happened, but I am not holding my breath, but she deserves to be found, and those that don't know deserve to know what happened to her, maybe not the gruesome details but at least they might find a shred of peace knowing that she is not out there scared, sick, being abused......I couldn't even function to be honest with those questions hanging in my head, and it's time to put an end to this and bring her home finally.

::

Hi Island

That was a heart wrenching sad ,but true post

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »

Blonde.....I was thinking that the other day. What makes her face so long?? I know she has put on weight, but why is her face long?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #270 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

She looked better when she was on dope Cool

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #271 on: October 09, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »

http://johnhgohdecommentator.wordpress.com/

An Unrecognizable Misty Croslin Gets the Shaft
October 9, 2010 in John H. Gohde

The last victim of PCSO’s drug sting, an almost unrecognizable Misty Croslin, gets sentenced to 25 years on a charge of trafficking oxycodone in St. Johns County; because of ineffective counsel, but mostly for being just plain stupid. After being foolish enough to have plead no contest, did anyone really expect any other outcome?

We last took up the topic of Misty being stupid in Misty Croslin is Beyond Stupid
Robert Fields to Misty’s detriment is no Jose Baez.
One can only wonder why Misty Croslin’s attorney, Robert Fields, was in court at all since he is not making any money. I ask: Does Robert Fields have a retirement plan with the prosecution; since he might as well be working for them. All Fields has done all along is metaphorically hold Misty’s hand, sympathize with her, and tried to convince her that he has worked very hard to get her off, but that it was just the big bad criminal justice system that finally had done her in. That is total nonsense. No well-financed drug criminal with any smarts at all will ever hire Fields, after this outcome. Fields counseling someone to plead no contest without a legally binding proffer agreement in place offered just plain bad advice that was tantamount to legal suicide, and Fields knew it all along, in my humble opinion.

Snipped

2 4 1
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: October 09, 2010, 10:54:43 PM »

Blonde.....I was thinking that the other day. What makes her face so long?? I know she has put on weight, but why is her face long?

Her nose even looks a different shape...maybe it is growing longer like Pinocchio from telling so many lies

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »

She sure did..........can you imagine what she will look like in 25 yrs

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2010, 12:34:50 AM »

::

Hi Island

That was a heart wrenching sad ,but true post

Hi back~just left a message in JSM for everyone......this was a heart wrenching time for me and it left me very disillusioned for the future of these sweet, precious children who for all practical purposes had any chance of survival, much less beating the odds to better themselves tossed away in a file since it was too much of a problem for the state/DCF to handle.

[
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2010, 01:51:31 AM »

She sure did..........can you imagine what she will look like in 25 yrs

I can imagine..... she will look like Lisa's twin..... Monkey Devil!

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2010, 08:39:33 AM »

Well, Misty still has several drug counts to go. Maybe if they swack her hard on the first count, she will sing to get the rest of the counts reduced. This judge is sending a message to all. I'm glad he came down hard on her, wish they all got the max. Maybe then someone would tell where Haleigh is. 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2010, 09:14:15 AM »

Well, Misty still has several drug counts to go. Maybe if they swack her hard on the first count, she will sing to get the rest of the counts reduced. This judge is sending a message to all. I'm glad he came down hard on her, wish they all got the max. Maybe then someone would tell where Haleigh is. 

Interesting theory BooMonkey!  We can still hope...right?!  I will, I only wish for a end to all of this for Haleigh's family.  And God knows I want Haleigh found and placed in a proper place where those who love her can come and remember what a beautiful little spirit she was!  So I will hope you are right and we hear something...anything.  Thank you for that Sweet Monkey!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »

Her nose even looks a different shape...maybe it is growing longer like Pinocchio from telling so many lies

She's chubbing up from nonmovement and comissary junk food.  The fat is filling in her jowls down to her neck and her cheeks and nose filled in plus the camera did no help either, IMO.  Yeah, unfortunately she did look better on drugs.  You can stay high all the time and forget to eat cause you would rather get high than eat!  Dumb azz girl!  She has more sentencing to come, right? 
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2010, 03:43:55 PM »

higherhopes
puts a spin on the statements her fam said, something like

she was like a mother to her, maybe a new door has opened
maybe those women know more than they are saying, or at least
suspect more than they are saying, hmmmm indeed
Yep, a new spin on things for real......if she had that baby and was made to give it away, could show cause her to act different with other children, could have messed up her mind somewhat...Id like to know more about that other child.

Do you remember back in the beginning when there were post of misty's myspace ppage seems like someone had posted a link to some photo bucket photos of misty and her ex boyfriend before Ron and she had photos on there that made me think she had a baby or was pregnant.  But I cant find it on here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.