March 28, 2024, 12:11:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #39 9/24/10 - 4-6-2017  (Read 391611 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »

Bearly and Melisb,

Good afternoon!  I really want more justice for this child and keep coming back to this thread everyday.  In fact, it is in my favorites so I can click directly here.  But the lack of any real human emotion on the part of the key players makes my blood boil  so I should stop torturing myself.

I married at age 15.  Just a part of our lives.  I left school in the 8th grade, passed the G.E.D. went on to a B.A in sociology and then mid way through a masters of social work at THE OHIO STATE UNIVESITY ( whatever!).  I quit the MSW program because of my demanding job and the need to see my children before they grew up and left home 

My ex husband had a RURAL Kentucky education to the 8th grade.  When we married he could read words but not understand context.  He wanted to be a carpenter and his only goal was to learn to read blueprints.  He has had his own company for thirty plus years now, own beautiful homes in Ohio and Ky, and his wife never has to work. 

Thus, questionable DNA, poor family life and education, sleeping in our car, etc. was only a reason to get better.  Sinking to lower levels was not an option....the status quo was not an option.  Here we are in our fifties and the status quo is still not an option.

We have close family that chose differently.  They know the "pipeline" from Ohio to Florida.  It's a normal activity.

From their own mouths;
You need several hundred dollars cash.  You take the two day trip to Florida, hit the doctors offices paying with cash. They prescribed large amounts of the pain pills that must be filled in Florida, again, for cash. Then back home. The pills are for personal use but they sell to recoup their investments etc.  These are road trips to them.

If you have ever seen the show "intervention", one of the families was highlighted.   What a joke...they were there to intervene for one person while the entire family was involved one way or another.  It is a lifestyle that is well known and I do not see anyone cracking down on these drug mills in Florida. 

We have them here in Columbus as well,with a pipeline from KY to Ohio.  You can count the out of state tags at these well known places and even watch deals in the parking lots.  The amount of money that can be made is ludicrous'  they can make more money having fun than I can make full time on a county job ( pay was good ).  but they sure do not live like they have access to that kind of money.

I guess it just all makes me crazy.  It is not just the drug use or dealing...it is the horrendous life that traps the children. 

There are so many little Haleigh's we do not read about, and so many people with the same mind sets as the Croslins and Cummins.  Have you seen any REAL tears from the Croslin clan concerning Haleigh?  It is all Lip service and show.  They like being the center of attention and they only cry for theirselves.

OFF SOAP BOX AGAIN.  I need to stay off Haliegh's thread  .  Feeling like I know these peole I want to smash them, maybe I just see too much of my own in them.

Terri

Good evening to you my dear!  I can't find ONE wrong word in your post!  You are a true inspiration!  I know several people who wanted to make better than they came from and had the drive to succeed.  Some did and some didn't.  The lure of the 'easy' life kept them down, you know the one you don't have to work for and can feel good about yourself for!  Florida is trying to come down on these pill mills...several now won't let out of towners in but a lot still do.  Supposedly one of the new rules for next year is people who pay cash for all these pills will only recieve a 72hr Rx.  Now, in the beginning it was only for docs that dispensed in their office but now may extend to all.  The new OxyContin had really floored the real dopers and the Roxicodone has a limit on it somewhat.  We will see Terri.  When someone wants drugs they will find a way to get them and abuse them.  Yes, I agree poor HaLeigh was destined to become just like the rest of them.  She would have known no better unless something in her had the will and drive to "get out" of her situation.  I know I'm a rare one and I thank God I didn't know about drug abuse, divorce and unstability as a child.  What I do know I will share another day....!  Proud of you and your ex, Terri.  Thank you for not allowing yourself to be another statistic!
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »

Bearly and Melisb,

Good afternoon!  I really want more justice for this child and keep coming back to this thread everyday.  In fact, it is in my favorites so I can click directly here.  But the lack of any real human emotion on the part of the key players makes my blood boil   so I should stop torturing myself.

I married at age 15.  Just a part of our lives.  I left school in the 8th grade, passed the G.E.D. went on to a B.A in sociology and then mid way through a masters of social work at THE OHIO STATE UNIVESITY ( whatever!).  I quit the MSW program because of my demanding job and the need to see my children before they grew up and left home  

My ex husband had a RURAL Kentucky education to the 8th grade.  When we married he could read words but not understand context.  He wanted to be a carpenter and his only goal was to learn to read blueprints.  He has had his own company for thirty plus years now, own beautiful homes in Ohio and Ky, and his wife never has to work.  

=snip=
Terri

Thanks for confirming what I always suspected, Terri: An 8th grade education in Kentucky is roughly equivalent to a college degree in other states. Wink
-sailcat

MuffyBee
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:16:00 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »

Putnam County sentencing for Misty Croslin rescheduled

Staff report

Published: Friday, October 15, 2010 at 5:24 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, October 15, 2010 at 5:26 p.m.

Misty Croslin’s sentencing on drug trafficking charges in Putnam County, scheduled to take place next week, has been rescheduled until early next year.

Croslin, the 18-year-old Putnam County woman who was with 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings when she was reported missing in 2008, was sentenced to 25 years in prison on a single count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County earlier this month and is awaiting sentencing on seven counts in Putnam.

On Friday, the State Attorney’s Office announced the hearing was moved to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 10.
http://www.ocala.com/article/20101015/articles/101019798&tc=yahoo

Thanks, Heart.

I wonder why the sentencing was postponed for almost three months.

Has she been sent to prison yet?
No Brandi, I believe you is still in St. Johns and so is Tommy.

I don't think she will be transfered to prison until after she has been sentenced in Putnam Co. I think something is up. They have kept Tommy in St.John when there is no reason to, that we know of. Something up in Florida. I hope the truth will come out, finally.

2 4 1
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:34 AM »

Just popped in to check on our girl Haleigh and see what I think may be some interesting and good news.  I'm praying don't want to jinx it! 

Come on Justice! 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »

Misty Croslin's Next Sentencing Pushed To 2011
Sentencing On Putnam County Charges Delayed

POSTED: 2:54 pm EDT October 15, 2010
UPDATED: 3:08 pm EDT October 15, 2010

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin won’t be sentenced on charges in Putnam County until 2011, but the last person to see Haleigh Cummings won’t be going far in the mean time.

Croslin was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Oct. 8 on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County.

She faces nine charges in Putnam county.

A sentencing hearing was supposed to be held on Oct. 19 on one of the drug trafficking charges, but the sentencing has been moved to Jan. 10, officials said on Friday.

Misty was with Haleigh Cummings, 5, on the night she disappeared in February 2009. Haleigh has not been seen since.

Recently, Croslin reportedly told investigators she heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished.

Croslin, who was the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald, at the time, was arrested with the child's father in a drug sting.

Ronald has also been sentenced to 15 years on similar drug charges.

http://www.wesh.com/r/25404346/detail.html
Heart will stay in the jail to await sentencing or will she go to prison ?
I don't know 4 Donks, but if I run across any other info I will post.

However I do have questions.

Wesh reports this change of sentencing date at 2:54 pm EDT October 15, 2010

No updates on the Putnam County Clerk dockets.

Is it a Wesh typo or has there been an increase in the # of charges against Misty?
She faces nine charges in Putnam county.
http://www.wesh.com/r/25404346/detail.html

No other warrants showing on the PCSO warrant site for Misty.
Thanks for the reply. I hope this means movement in the HaLeigh case.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »

Bearly and Melisb,

Good afternoon!  I really want more justice for this child and keep coming back to this thread everyday.  In fact, it is in my favorites so I can click directly here.  But the lack of any real human emotion on the part of the key players makes my blood boil   so I should stop torturing myself.

I married at age 15.  Just a part of our lives.  I left school in the 8th grade, passed the G.E.D. went on to a B.A in sociology and then mid way through a masters of social work at THE OHIO STATE UNIVESITY ( whatever!).  I quit the MSW program because of my demanding job and the need to see my children before they grew up and left home  

My ex husband had a RURAL Kentucky education to the 8th grade.  When we married he could read words but not understand context.  He wanted to be a carpenter and his only goal was to learn to read blueprints.  He has had his own company for thirty plus years now, own beautiful homes in Ohio and Ky, and his wife never has to work.  

=snip=
Terri

Thanks for confirming what I always suspected, Terri: An 8th grade education in Kentucky is roughly equivalent to a college degree in other states. Wink
-sailcat

MuffyBee

Not sure I got that either Muffy!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »

Bearly and Melisb,

=snip=
Terri

-sailcat

MuffyBee

Sailcat is from Kentucky.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2010, 11:52:37 PM »

Bearly and Melisb,

=snip=
Terri

-sailcat

MuffyBee

Thank you, I knew that 4 donks.  And I saw the smiley in her post.  But others might not understand, and in the past there have been some from Ky and other states that were upset by similar comments.  That's why I put  .  Even by someone from the home state and with a winky, it might be a slur to some.  If sailcat hadn't been from KY, there would have been a big red moderator's remark. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »

It's a good time to get back on topic.  Where is Haleigh?

Edit once to fix image.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:59:30 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2010, 08:20:54 AM »

Beautiful pic above...I was noticing her teeth, for drug addicts she sure has very nice teeth.  I'm glad they at least did one thing right for her.  I doubt seriously they took her to the dentist, you never know.  A child gone into thin air and not one single person cares enough to speak up, such a tragedy!
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »

Bearly and Melisb,

=snip=
Terri

-sailcat

MuffyBee

Thank you, I knew that 4 donks.  And I saw the smiley in her post.  But others might not understand, and in the past there have been some from Ky and other states that were upset by similar comments.  That's why I put  .  Even by someone from the home state and with a winky, it might be a slur to some.  If sailcat hadn't been from KY, there would have been a big red moderator's remark. 

Sorry if I caused any confusion. I do live - and teach - in Kentucky. I was saying that Terri and her husband were each quite successful with an 8th grade KY education. Of course, it's because of their own intelligence and determination; however, I was getting a tongue-in-cheek plug in for the educational system in Kentucky. (You know, you learn as much in middle school in KY as you do in college elsewhere.)  If my comments were misconstrued as a slur, I do apologize.
-sailcat

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »

http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2010/10/break-in-haleigh-cummings-case.html

Break in the Haleigh Cummings case?

Recently Misty Croslin, the last person to see missing child Haleigh Cummings alive was sentenced to 25-years in prison for drug trafficking. Croslin was busted along with her brother Tommy Croslin and her ex-husband Ronald Cummings - who is the father of Haleigh.

Ronald Cummings was sentenced to 15-years for drug trafficking after snagging a plea deal. In exchange for a deal, Cummings gave up new information that he had been withholding from the police. Art Harris reported on "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" that Cummings gave up information concerning a timeline, and information on various players involved in the case.

Now just before Misty Croslin faces a judge in Putnam County Florida, to learn her fate for drug trafficking in that jurisdiction, we learn that the sentencing has been delayed for 3 months. Croslin faces basically the rest of her life in prison.

Why the delay?

In my opinion, Croslin has given investigators new information in the case and authorities need time to make sure the information she has given them is correct before they give her a deal.

<snip>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:37:06 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

2 4 1
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »

Sailcat,

I got the levity...where in Ky do you live?

I hate to get too excited, but I am so hoping Misty is giving new info.  I cannot for the life of me understand why she would not have "saved herself" long ago.  I CANNOT buy Chelsea's assertion that Ron has Misty in his control and she is willing to give up her entire life to cover for him.  I also cannot understand how she would think Ron cared one iota for her once he agreed to testify against her. 

Terro
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »

Sailcat,

I hate to get too excited, but I am so hoping Misty is giving new info.  I cannot for the life of me understand why she would not have "saved herself" long ago.  I CANNOT buy Chelsea's assertion that Ron has Misty in his control and she is willing to give up her entire life to cover for him.  I also cannot understand how she would think Ron cared one iota for her once he agreed to testify against her. 

Terro
Hey, Terri! I live in the western part of the state - not too far from Owensboro and not too far from Muhlenberg County - but pretty far from city lights and neighbors. Wink

I don't think we're going to figure Misty out. I've been teaching in juvenile facilities for many, many years, and I've worked with lots of "Mistys."  They don't think right. I don't know if it's heredity or environment or a combination of the two, but their motives and coping strategies just don't compute into a normal pattern. I check this forum out on a regular basis, and I would love to offer some sort of insight into this person who is so familiar to me - but I can't do it.

Let me hasten to add that I have also taught some very remarkable young people in the juvenile justice system. Some of them have had a profound influence on my own life and some have risen above seemingly impossible odds to grow into responsible, well-adjusted adults. They make my job incredibly rewarding. If I could discover what makes the difference between them and Misty, I'd write a book and become rich. And then I'd get my own tv show - "Issues with Sailcat" or "Sailcat's Nightly Bombshells" or... or...

-sailcat

Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2010, 11:45:38 PM »

Maybe Misty can't "save" herself.

Look at how many "stories" she has thrown out there, and none of them have stuck.

I am beginning to lose hope that we will ever find out the truth about what happened to this precious little girl.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2010, 12:33:48 AM »

JUSTICE FOR HALEIGH !!!

It's a good time to get back on topic.  Where is Haleigh?

Muffy, would you do me a favour please and use this image instead? The image above was not quite completed.

Thank you.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »

Brandi, I 've changed Haleigh's pic in my post to the corrected image you've indicated , and went back to where San had posted it as the opening page for this thread #39, and edited/corrected it there also.  If you find anything else that needs fixing, please let me know.  We appreciate your hard work and efforts.   an angelic monkey  MuffyBee

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2010, 12:13:28 PM »

Maybe Misty can't "save" herself.

Look at how many "stories" she has thrown out there, and none of them have stuck.

I am beginning to lose hope that we will ever find out the truth about what happened to this precious little girl.

Good morning,

I so totally agree with you.  I am thinking she has only two ways of the truth coming out;

1)  she has physical evidence that cannot be disputed ( at this point, how much evidence would that require? )

2)  the actual perp tell one hundred percent of the truth.  If they tried to hedge or downplay the severity, we could not take them 100% at their word.
Barring a miracle, the truth will be told amongst family only...Haliegh's justice is that they are not on the street enjoying life.

Terri
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »

Sailcat,

Terri
Hey, Terri! I live in the western part of the state - not too far from Owensboro and not too far from Muhlenberg County - but pretty far from city lights and neighbors. Wink

I don't think we're going to figure Misty out. I've been teaching in juvenile facilities for many, many years, and I've worked with lots of "Mistys."  They don't think right. I don't know if it's heredity or environment or a combination of the two, but their motives and coping strategies just don't compute into a normal pattern. I check this forum out on a regular basis, and I would love to offer some sort of insight into this person who is so familiar to me - but I can't do it.

Let me hasten to add that I have also taught some very remarkable young people in the juvenile justice system. Some of them have had a profound influence on my own life and some have risen above seemingly impossible odds to grow into responsible, well-adjusted adults. They make my job incredibly rewarding. If I could discover what makes the difference between them and Misty, I'd write a book and become rich. And then I'd get my own tv show - "Issues with Sailcat" or "Sailcat's Nightly Bombshells" or... or...

-sailcat

I'll watch "Issues with Sailcat" but if you use the Nighltyl Bombshells I will need to boycott!!  Smile 
It is so ironic I found this site when I saw my first few NG shows.  At the time she was doing the Trenton case and I really liked her style...I did not know it was theatrical or in my mind, exploitative.   Then, when Caylee disappeared NG was a staple in my home.  I soon figured out this was not for me.  So,  now I check in with NG rarely.

I worked for CPS;  same experiences you have described.  There are a few cases that will be with me till the end. 

I lived in Eastern Ky. along the Tug river separating KY from WVa.  Now, I am looking at Adair County, Columbia Ky.  With what is happening in my area, I want my boys "back on the farm".

I am thinking that regardless of the fairness, Misty ( or the others involved ) have no reason to be out of prison.  If they cannot change then to think about the fairness of thestiff sentences is a mute point.  In truth, the only reason I give Misty any thought is in the HOPES she will finally bring peace to this family.

Terri

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

Brandi, I 've changed Haleigh's pic in my post to the corrected image you've indicated , and went back to where San had posted it as the opening page for this thread #39, and edited/corrected it there also.  If you find anything else that needs fixing, please let me know.  We appreciate your hard work and efforts.   an angelic monkey  MuffyBee

I appreciate that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.