March 28, 2024, 02:51:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #39 9/24/10 - 4-6-2017  (Read 391631 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: January 11, 2011, 12:34:40 AM »

for some reason, idk why, i have this sinking feeling that ron will get out of his sentence, misty will not, and we will still not know where Haleigh is.

JMO.. The motion Ron has filed is Frivolous ..Ron is grasping for a sentence reduction... Ron agreed to the Plea Deal with conditions..

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: January 11, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »

for some reason, idk why, i have this sinking feeling that ron will get out of his sentence, misty will not, and we will still not know where Haleigh is.

JMO.. The motion Ron has filed is Frivolous ..Ron is grasping for a sentence reduction... Ron agreed to the Plea Deal with conditions..

thanks JG..that makes me feel better

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: January 11, 2011, 12:38:59 AM »

Ron must of got some pointers from Casey.. Studing the law.. Or he had someone in jail
write up the motion.. I notice different handwriting on the motion as others have..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124894&page=2
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: January 11, 2011, 12:41:23 AM »

thanks JG..that makes me feel better

Ron might of opened up a can of worms for himself..
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »

why do you say that/what do you mean.  please help i am law stupid.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: January 11, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »

why do you say that/what do you mean.  please help i am law stupid.

Ron had a Plea Deal with Conditions he agreed too...How can the SA trust in Ron now filing the correct illegal sentence.. Looks like Ron is trying to find frivolous loop holes.. Ron filed the motion .. Pro Se.. Why didn't his attorney file this motion..
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #546 on: January 11, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »

Haleigh Cummings case archive albums
aren't looked at much any more, but are updated as often as there is news.

The drug arrests (sub-album):
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Haleigh%20Cummings%20%20-FL-/Drug%20Arrests%20-%20Convictions%20from%20the%20Jan2010%20Bust/

Haleigh Cummings main album:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Haleigh%20Cummings%20%20-FL-/

Sub-album: Searching for Haleigh:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Haleigh%20Cummings%20%20-FL-/Searches--%20StJohnsRiv-%20LPond-%20Griffis-%20TES-%20others/

Sub-album: Vigils and Memorials, Tributes
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Haleigh%20Cummings%20%20-FL-/Vigils-%20Memorials-%20Events-/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: January 11, 2011, 01:15:38 AM »

Thank You AmandaReckonwith for the Haleigh Case Albums..
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: January 11, 2011, 01:19:56 AM »

snipped...

Under minimum mandatory sentences in the seven drug cases, Croslin, 19, faced up to 89 years in prison, but LaRue ordered sentences in the cases to run concurrently under the longest minimum sentence -- 25 years. She will get credit for the year she has spent in jail and the time will also run concurrent with a 25-year sentence in a separate case in St. Johns County.

A maximum sentence on each of the counts is 30 years under state law.

For the still-missing little girl's family, the resolution of the drug case that became intertwined with HaLeigh's disappearance didn't offer any relief.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2011-01-11/misty-croslin-gets-25-years
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2011, 07:13:50 AM »

thanks Jerseygirl345

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #550 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:16 AM »

Hot Dang! I didn't realize RC was in Bristol, FL!  I've got a bonafide superstar creep living only an hour away.  Y'all want me to go see him?  Just kidding!  Wouldn't waste my $3/gal on him...that is unless he wanted to clue me in on the truth about a few things!!!!

It would be a waste of gas money because Ron doesn't know Cool However, you could take him some 'learn to spell' books Cool

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: January 11, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:56:24 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: January 11, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »

Hot Dang! I didn't realize RC was in Bristol, FL!  I've got a bonafide superstar creep living only an hour away.  Y'all want me to go see him?  Just kidding!  Wouldn't waste my $3/gal on him...that is unless he wanted to clue me in on the truth about a few things!!!!

It would be a waste of gas money because Ron doesn't know Cool However, you could take him some 'learn to spell' books Cool

I agree Nut!  Just thought it was funny that I didn't realize he was over here (up here in N. FL).
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »

25 years for Misty

By Julie Martin
Published: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:12 AM EST

Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh Cummings, watched the person she believes holds the answers to her child's disappearance beg for leniency Monday afternoon in a Putnam County courtroom.

"I'm not a drug dealer," Misty Croslin told Circuit Judge Terry LaRue. "I just got caught in some bad choices. Give me another chance."

Croslin was the babysitter and - briefly - the stepmother of the 5-year-old South Putnam girl who disappeared from her home Feb. 10, 2009. Authorities have called Croslin the key to the Haleigh Cummings investigation and said she has failed to cooperate with investigators.

The 18-year-old will be spending the next 25 years of her life behind bars.

Croslin pleaded no contest to seven counts of trafficking in controlled substances on Aug. 1, 2010. During a hearing Monday, LaRue sentenced Croslin to the minimum mandatory prison time on all seven counts, which totals 89 years in prison and carries a fine of more than $1 million.

The sentences will be served concurrently with another prison sentence Croslin received last year from a drug trafficking charge in St. Johns County.

Circuit Judge Wendy Berger sentenced Croslin to 25 years in prison last October.

During that hearing, defense attorney Robert Fields unsuccessfully urged Berger to consider Croslin's troubled upbringing and age and sentence her as a youthful offender, which carries a six-year sentence.

During the St. Johns County sentencing, Misty Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, testified about her past drug use, failure as a mother and the sexual assault of Misty Croslin as a young child.

On Monday, in contrast to October's hearing, Fields called no witnesses.

Croslin's father, Hank Croslin Sr., addressed the court at his daughter's request.

"She wasn't a drug dealer, she never was," Hank Croslin Sr. said. "She never sold drugs in her life."

Members of the Cummings family, including Haleigh Cummings's grandmother, mother Theresa Neves, sat near Sheffield in the courthouse on Monday. The two families wore pictures of the missing child pinned to their clothes.

Outside the courthouse, Sheffield told reporters the 25 years Misty Croslin will spend behind bars gives her no satisfaction.

"I don't care about her or her family," she said. "All I want is my baby home."

Wiping tears from her eyes, Sheffield said she hoped Misty Croslin would now reveal the truth about what happened to her daughter.

"Just tell the truth," she said. "You say you love my children. Why do this?"

Misty Croslin, along with her brother, Hank Croslin Jr., and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, former search volunteer Donna Brock, and Ronald Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes, were arrested a year ago following an undercover drug investigation in Putnam and St. Johns counties.

Cummings, Hank Croslin Jr., Brock and Sykes were each sentenced to 15-year prison terms.

jmartin@palatkadailynews.com

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2011/01/11/news/news01.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »

Misty Croslin gets 25 years
Sentence will run concurrently with earlier sentence

Posted: January 11, 2011 - 12:39am

By Dana Treen

PALATKA -- In final pleas Monday, Misty Croslin and her father asked for fairness and leniency before she was given 25 years in prison on a series of prescription drug-trafficking cases.

The sentencing came a month shy of two years since Croslin became the focus in the case of HaLeigh Cummings, who Croslin was watching when the 5-year-old Satsuma kindergartner vanished from home.

Reluctantly, but prodded because she wanted him to speak at the hearing in Palatka, a distraught Hank Croslin Sr. said his daughter was only misguided.

"The only thing I would really like to say is she wasn't a drug dealer, she never was," he said. "She just got caught up in something stupid."

His daughter, who came teary-eyed into the courtroom, asked Circuit Judge Terry LaRue to be "fair, that's all."

She said she had made bad choices.

"I have to pay for what I've done," she said.

Under minimum mandatory sentences in the seven drug cases, Croslin, 19, faced up to 89 years in prison, but LaRue ordered sentences in the cases to run concurrently under the longest minimum sentence -- 25 years. She will get credit for the year she has spent in jail and the time will also run concurrent with a 25-year sentence in a separate case in St. Johns County.

A maximum sentence on each of the counts is 30 years under state law.

For the still-missing little girl's family, the resolution of the drug case that became intertwined with HaLeigh's disappearance didn't offer any relief.

HaLeigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, was in the courtroom and said afterward that she believes Croslin knows more about what happened to the little girl.

"It's all in her hands," she said. "She has all the answers."

HaLeigh was not in Sheffield's custody when she disappeared, and was living with Croslin and HaLeigh's father in Satsuma. Croslin was 17 and eventually married and divorced Ronald Cummings.

Croslin called 911 about 3:30 a.m. Feb. 10, 2009, to report she had woken to find HaLeigh gone. Cummings had been at work.

Intense searches and an investigation that drew international attention failed to find the little girl, though Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has said he believes she is dead.

At one point, detectives searched a section of the St. Johns River near Satsuma where HaLeigh disappeared. No evidence was found that the body had been dumped there.

Four others who have connections to the missing girl, including Cummings and Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., were also arrested in the drug cases. Cummings and Tommy Croslin, Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes and Misty

Croslin's friend Donna Brock have all been sentenced to 15 years apiece for participating in at least one of the trafficking cases.

Croslin was sentenced on counts of dealing in prescription narcotics, including oxcodone and hydrocodone pills, in recorded transactions with an undercover detective working with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

She will also owe nearly $2 million in fines in the separate cases, her attorney said. She also will have five years of drug-offender probation when she is released.

She has been housed in the state prison system since late last year, following sentencing in St. Johns.

Croslin will be in her mid-40s when she is released.

Tuesday, Cumming's mother, Teresa Neves, said the family will continue to hold vigils to keep HaLeigh's case alive. She said her son has always focused on finding his daughter.

"He's never let go," she said. "Where is the justice for HaLeigh?"

Monday was the final sentencing for Misty Croslin after she and her associates were arrested in a prescription drug investigation. Here are the sentences for the people involved:

Misty Croslin -- 25 years

Ronald Cummings -- 15 years

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. -- 15 years

Hope Sykes -- 15 years

Donna Brock -- 15 years

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2011-01-11/misty-croslin-gets-25-years

Heart
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: January 11, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »

I have to say again why would anyone with knowledge of a crime, prolly offered the possibility of a heavy reduction or to be freed of upcoming sentences and maybe immunity from HC's case, allow themselves to be in the position of facing 240 years?
1.  she really doesn't know anything 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: January 11, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »

I have to say again why would anyone with knowledge of a crime, prolly offered the possibility of a heavy reduction or to be freed of upcoming sentences and maybe immunity from HC's case, allow themselves to be in the position of facing 240 years?
1.  she really doesn't know anything 
Sorry, hit button on accident
2.  she is the one responsible for HC's dissappearance and fam helped her dispose
3.  she doesn't have anyone smart enough to go to her and explain she could have gotten out of all of this
I dunno!  If I knew something that would help me I think I would have to spill the beans.  Now, family loyalty does make one do strange things. If her fam is involved that I think is what she is hiding. TiC and CC driving the van that night is a possibility.  Or at least TiC with CC's knowledge.  He seems like a protector but moved in a hurry.  I would've moved too.  Wouldn't want to be associated with that whole fiasco of families.  God Bless little HaLeigh where ever she is.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:51 AM »

Perhaps she doesn't want to face a death sentence Wink

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: January 11, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »

Ron must of got some pointers from Casey.. Studing the law.. Or he had someone in jail
write up the motion.. I notice different handwriting on the motion as others have..

Call me confused - but why is this handwritten?  I don't understand...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: January 11, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »

Call me confused - but why is this handwritten?  I don't understand...

he doesn't know how to type? lol..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.