March 28, 2024, 01:48:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #39 9/24/10 - 4-6-2017  (Read 391620 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: February 06, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »

Wasn't there some characters in this case with an Alabama connection?

http://www.wtvm.com/story/16624517/opelika-woman-finds-childs-skull-in-backyard
Opelika police find child's skull in backyard
The remains of what authorities are calling a child of about 5 to 7 years in age were found in an Opelika trailer park.

"It was a little person's skull. It was little and had little hair on it," says Johnson "I'm not sure where I was standing, but it had teeth."

Might be a long shot, but someone's child needs justice.
KittyMom, I looked, but can't find a reference to an identification.  Have you seen anything?

Spydee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #801 on: February 08, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »

The remains of what authorities are calling a child of about 5 to 7 years in age were found in an Opelika trailer park.

"It was a little person's skull. It was little and had little hair on it," says Johnson "I'm not sure where I was standing, but it had teeth."

KittyMom, I looked, but can't find a reference to an identification.  Have you seen anything?
Hello Monkeys.  Here is a link for a new article about the case, which is now a homicide investigation. 

http://www.wtvm.com/story/16698720/2012/02/07/homicide-investigation-begins-after-discovery-of-childs-skull

There was someone kin to Ronald's grandfather that once resided in Opelika. But I have no idea if he was close to the family in Florida. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: February 08, 2012, 07:26:24 PM »

Hello Monkeys.  Here is a link for a new article about the case, which is now a homicide investigation. 

http://www.wtvm.com/story/16698720/2012/02/07/homicide-investigation-begins-after-discovery-of-childs-skull

There was someone kin to Ronald's grandfather that once resided in Opelika. But I have no idea if he was close to the family in Florida. 

They were just discussing this on local news.Hopefully we'll hear something before too long.
http://opelika.wsfa.com/news/crime/140928-authorities-skeletal-remains-now-part-homicide

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: February 08, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »

an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/3-years-ago-Haleigh-Cummings-disappears/-/475880/8617500/-/fg67kd/-/index.html
3 years ago: Haleigh Cummings disappears
Putnam County investigators now consider this a homicide case
Published On: Feb 08 2012 08:53:09 PM EST  Updated On: Feb 09 2012 07:01:30 AM EST

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -

Five-year-old Haleigh Cummings went to bed Feb. 9, 2009, in her dad's mobile home in Satsuma. Her dad, Ronald, was working the night shift, so the last person to see Haliegh that night was his 16-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin.

The next morning, Croslin told Putnam County investigators she woke up to find the back door propped open and Haleigh gone.
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: February 09, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2012/02/09/news/news01.txt
It's been 3 years: Answers still sought about missing child
By Jackie Lerch
Published: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:30 AM EST

Three years ago today was the last time Haleigh Cummings was seen alive.

The disappearance of the Satsuma girl, then 5, stunned the county and created a frenzy to find out what happened to her. Yet the public, her family and authorities - who have labeled the case a homicide - have more questions than answers.

Capt. Dominic Piscitello has worked at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office for 19 years and has been overseeing the case since Haleigh was reported missing on Feb. 10, 2009.

As Piscitello looked recently at a line of framed photographs on his bookshelf, he expressed his frustrations.

"We're coming up on this dreadful day, dreadful for this family, because in our profession we are plunged into this thing with this little girl that we have nothing to do with," Piscitello said. "And it affects us personally, the fact that we haven't gotten her yet. It affects me personally because I have four kids and I get to see them. This family doesn't get to see her."

Detectives have explored every avenue, followed every lead and listened to every call from possible witnesses, he said.

Last year, they decided to start all over.

The team went over all the information and they will meet again within the next 30 days, he said.

Piscitello and the special task force came up with things they wanted to follow up on, check into and points that needed to be clarified.

"We're going to brainstorm a little more and see some new angles we want to approach the case at," he said. "The case is still alive and going. Any leads come in we pursue it. We had a picture of some little girl in a store someone thought might have been Haleigh. When we get things like that we go from there."

Piscitello said it was important to note they are still working the case.

A room at the sheriff's office in Palatka is packed with dozens of black binders holding information about Haleigh's case.

"We still haven't gotten to a point where we think this person is responsible, the family's responsible, these people are responsible, because we are looking at it with a whole different perspective, rather than just saying what everybody assumes is what's happening," Piscitello said.

"I think that's the only way to look at this, because when you get involved in a case when you're trying to find a little girl, you get focused on finding her or focused on an idea and sometimes you don't allow other things to get in there."

He added the team has a lot of information, but the frustrating part of it is that they've dealt with many people telling them things that weren't true, sources that just weren't credible.

"I think that kind of hurt me in the whole process," he said. "The fact that we had so many people tell us so many different stories and in these kind of cases it's important to try and find those people that you can count on and have some credibility and in this case, there hasn't been a lot of that."

Piscitello said no matter what, he wouldn't give up trying to find Cummings.

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: February 09, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2012/02/09/news/news01.txt
It's been 3 years: Answers still sought about missing child
By Jackie Lerch
Published: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:30 AM EST

Three years ago today was the last time Haleigh Cummings was seen alive.

The disappearance of the Satsuma girl, then 5, stunned the county and created a frenzy to find out what happened to her. Yet the public, her family and authorities - who have labeled the case a homicide - have more questions than answers.

Capt. Dominic Piscitello has worked at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office for 19 years and has been overseeing the case since Haleigh was reported missing on Feb. 10, 2009.

As Piscitello looked recently at a line of framed photographs on his bookshelf, he expressed his frustrations.

"We're coming up on this dreadful day, dreadful for this family, because in our profession we are plunged into this thing with this little girl that we have nothing to do with," Piscitello said. "And it affects us personally, the fact that we haven't gotten her yet. It affects me personally because I have four kids and I get to see them. This family doesn't get to see her."

Detectives have explored every avenue, followed every lead and listened to every call from possible witnesses, he said.

Last year, they decided to start all over.

The team went over all the information and they will meet again within the next 30 days, he said.

Piscitello and the special task force came up with things they wanted to follow up on, check into and points that needed to be clarified.

"We're going to brainstorm a little more and see some new angles we want to approach the case at," he said. "The case is still alive and going. Any leads come in we pursue it. We had a picture of some little girl in a store someone thought might have been Haleigh. When we get things like that we go from there."

Piscitello said it was important to note they are still working the case.

A room at the sheriff's office in Palatka is packed with dozens of black binders holding information about Haleigh's case.

"We still haven't gotten to a point where we think this person is responsible, the family's responsible, these people are responsible, because we are looking at it with a whole different perspective, rather than just saying what everybody assumes is what's happening," Piscitello said.

"I think that's the only way to look at this, because when you get involved in a case when you're trying to find a little girl, you get focused on finding her or focused on an idea and sometimes you don't allow other things to get in there."

He added the team has a lot of information, but the frustrating part of it is that they've dealt with many people telling them things that weren't true, sources that just weren't credible.

"I think that kind of hurt me in the whole process," he said. "The fact that we had so many people tell us so many different stories and in these kind of cases it's important to try and find those people that you can count on and have some credibility and in this case, there hasn't been a lot of that."

Piscitello said no matter what, he wouldn't give up trying to find Cummings.
This is so sad . . . especially when the answers are with "people" who refuse to tell the truth.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #807 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:10 AM »

http://www.al.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/homicide-case-begins-after-childs-skull-is/996e6154a35d444a81a545893a0d65ec

Homicide case begins after child's skull is found
Police say a search of the area led to the discovery of more human remains on Jan. 30 and Feb. 1. Authorities say that evidence was found about 50 to 75 feet from where the skull was discovered.

Authorities say a preliminary investigation of the remains indicates that the person, likely a child younger than 10, died "by homicidal means."

Well, if it isn't related to this case, someone has failed to report a missing child.  Again.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #808 on: February 09, 2012, 10:24:07 AM »

<object width="429" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=1a60c2089cf3102faba2001ec92a4a0d&z=RBL&embed_player=1" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=1a60c2089cf3102faba2001ec92a4a0d&z=RBL&embed_player=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="429" height="295"></embed></object>

According to this video (witness) there was still hair and some skin so this can't be Haleigh.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »

I cant believe it has been almost 3 years since Haleigh came up missing and still we know nothing. Why would people lie to investigators if they dont know anything? I just hope and pray that they find something out soon. I still feel like the person or persons responsibe are already in jail myself. I just hope and oray that they can find something that will tell the whole story soon so the family will know for a fact what happened and charge them with the right crime. poor Haleigh deserves some kind of Justice!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »

didnt Jarred Harrell,Somer Thompson murderer, have connection to AL
a stepfather uncle maybe,i dont remember where in AL
map of Opelika, AL to satsuma fl- 349mi
http://g.co/maps/cemyy

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: February 09, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »

There was also a small skull found in Oakwood Lake in Jan.  Nothing published about it recently other than it was possibly of a small child.  Here is one of the articles.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/235501/19/Divers-search-Hollywood-lake-after-human-skull-found
Spydee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #812 on: February 09, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »

There was also a small skull found in Oakwood Lake in Jan.  Nothing published about it recently other than it was possibly of a small child.  Here is one of the articles.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/235501/19/Divers-search-Hollywood-lake-after-human-skull-found
Thank you for the article. I wish they would tell more.  Maybe they will soon. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: February 09, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/After-three-years-Haleigh-s-family-still-waiting/-/475880/8619226/-/hrl64e/-/index.html
After three years Haleigh's family still waiting
Mother and grandmother reflect on 3 years without Haleigh
Published On: Feb 09 2012 07:52:49 PM EST

~ Peter Frampton
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #814 on: February 09, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »

what a haunting anniversary ~ I still can't believe it's been three years and the lowlife pos scumbag trash sitting in jail know where she is and what happened , while her mom and butterbean and nana are heartbroken ...sadly it seems this case has been duped in Waterville, and those thugs give white trash a bad name.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: February 11, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »

what a haunting anniversary ~ I still can't believe it's been three years and the lowlife pos scumbag trash sitting in jail know where she is and what happened , while her mom and butterbean and nana are heartbroken ...sadly it seems this case has been duped in Waterville, and those thugs give white trash a bad name.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »

3 years on, search for Haleigh Cummings continues

In this file photo from Feb. 10, 2010, a photo of missing child Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings sits surrounded by candles during the one-year anniversary candle-light vigil for Haleigh in Satsuma. (The Gainesville Sun/File)
By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer
Published: Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 5:14 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 5:14 p.m.

Five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Satsuma home three years ago today, and despite thousands of leads and intense media scrutiny, the case has never been solved.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office still aggressively pursues leads, and Sheriff Jeff Hardy said that effort will continue, according to a news release.

“Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided thus far,” Capt. Johnny Greenwood stated in the release, adding that 168 tips have come through Crime Stoppers in the past year.

“Every tip has been reviewed and acted on by investigators. Sheriff Hardy wants to assure the public, but mainly Haleigh’s family, that investigators will continue to aggressively pursue this case to the end.” ::snipping2::

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120209/ARTICLES/120209462

I wish I knew how to bring over the picture from the story.  You are still remembered, Hailegh.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: February 19, 2012, 10:03:27 AM »

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »

thank you, Trimmm 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: February 23, 2012, 03:09:23 PM »

More remains found

Human remains found in Alachua County woods
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Human-remains-found-in-Alachua-County-woods/-/475880/8857058/-/l6phqqz/-/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.