April 27, 2024, 05:53:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 17 Year Old Norma Lopez Missing Since 7/15/10 in Moreno Valley, CA - Kidnapped(body found)  (Read 21540 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »

Family of Missing Girl Found Slain Vows to Find Killer
Updated: 24 minutes ago

(July 23) -- The sister of 17-year-old Norma Lopez, found dead in Moreno Valley, Calif., almost a week after she was reported missing, said this morning that she "will not rest until this murderer is found."

"I need to find the person that killed her and I want to know why. Why her?" Elizabeth Lopez, 18, said in an interview with NBC's "Today" Show.

Meanwhile, police are reminding parents that a killer is on the loose and to keep an eye on their children as the hunt continues.

"We haven't caught the suspect who killed Norma," Sgt. Joseph Borja of the Riverside County Sheriff's office told reporters Thursday. "So obviously there is at least a murderer out there, so I would be vigilant, I would be aware if I was a parent. ... I would keep track of my children."

Lopez was reported missing when she didn't return from summer school July 15. Her badly decomposed body was found Tuesday, in a field between the high school and her home in Moreno Valley, according to The Associated Press. Investigators say there are signs that Norma fought back, but so far, there are no known suspects in the case.

One area resident says she sent her 17-year-old daughter to live with relatives until the killer is found. "It's scary," Sonia DeLeon told The Los Angeles Times. "The person is still out there. I work, my husband works; we can't keep an eye on her every minute.''

Elizabeth Lopez told the Los Angeles Times that her sister borrowed her shoes on the morning before she disappeared, and then made her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in return, with a happy face made out of a banana on top.

"That's the last time I saw my sister," she said.

Borja said police are searching for the girl's killer.

"I believe this has been made personal because we all have children," he said, according to the AP. "It's probably our worst nightmare that our kids can just be taken from a street and killed."
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/family-of-slain-california-teen-norma-lopez-vows-to-find-killer/19565909

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 09:51:30 AM »

Funeral Held Thursday for Norma Lopez
A funeral service will be held Thursday for slain Riverside County teenager Norma Lopez.

Thousands of mourners attended a vigil and visitation Wednesday night for the 17-year-old girl who police say was abducted just blocks from her school and killed.

Lines stretched around St. Christopher's Catholic Church in Moreno Valley as grieving family and friends waited to pay their respects.

Lopez's casket, draped in pink and white roses, sat at the head of the church with candles burning next to photos of the teenager.

Police say Lopez was abducted July 15 as she walked to a friend's home after a summer school class at Valley View High School. Her body was found five days later in a field two miles away.

There have been no arrests.
http://www.kpsplocal2.com/Content/Top-Stories/story/norma-lopez-funeral-memorial-service-moreno/wwVEh5OhZ06RJKToUB9TiA.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 10:53:05 AM »

Norma Lopez Investigation: Six Months Later
Lopez Kidnapped, Murdered Yards Away From Her High School
POSTED: 6:20 am PST January 15, 2011

MORENO VALLEY -- Today marks six-months since the abduction and murder of 17-year-old Norma Angelica Lopez, the Moreno Valley girl whose case mobilized a community and now ``eats'' at the investigators working to solve it.

Since Norma's disappearance and death on July 15, Riverside County sheriff's investigators have followed up ``hundreds, if not thousands'' of potential leads in the case, but none have resulted in a resolution -- to the frustration of everyone involved, according to sheriff's Capt. John Anderson, the chief of police for Moreno Valley.

``It's one of those cases that, until it gets solved, it haunts you,'' Anderson told City News Service. ``Here you have a totally innocent young girl with a lot of life ahead of her, a promising future, and she's killed. It's the sort of thing that eats at your heart. We want to solve this -- badly.''

Anderson said that while the amount of resources devoted full-time to the case has been cut sharply, detectives from Moreno Valley -- which contracts with the sheriff's department for law enforcement services -- and the sheriff's Central Homicide Unit continue to scrutinize any and all prospective leads.

``I can safely say we are working this case actively,'' the police chief said. ``We haven't reached the point where we have nothing else to look at.''

Anderson said law enforcement identified several ``persons of interest'' early in the investigation. ``But those didn't pane out,'' he said.

One of them was a 25-year-old Moreno Valley resident whose questioning by detectives in early September generated a stir when his stepfather allegedly attempted to interfere with sheriff's deputies examining the young man's green sport utility vehicle.

A green pickup truck or SUV was reported speeding away from the location of Norma's abduction. But on reflection, Anderson said, there's no certainty that the vehicle and the kidnapping are related.

``We have no eyewitnesses to what happened,'' the lawman said. ``That makes things extremely difficult.''

The police chief would not disclose whether Norma was sexually assaulted. But he acknowledged that all sex registrants who live in the region had been ``looked at pretty thoroughly.''

Under California Penal Code section 290, convicted sex offenders -- from flashers to rapists -- are required to keep law enforcement informed about where they're residing.

``We continue to go out there and shake the bushes and try to find people we initially might have missed,'' Anderson said. ``You never know what you'll get. We had one person who said he had seen something, but after spending a considerable amount of time with us, he said `maybe I imagined it.'''

In the weeks after the murder, deputies set up checkpoints and handed out fliers, hoping to generate clues. Anderson said thousands of calls came into a 24-hour tip line, but there was nothing conclusive. Detectives walked the roughly 2.5 miles between where Norma was taken and where her body was disposed, searching for evidence, he said.

A construction site about 250 yards away from where the remains were found held some promise initially, after investigators learned there were security cameras at the site.

``A detective spent the better part of a day reviewing those tapes,'' Anderson said.

Unfortunately, the cameras were focused on high-dollar industrial equipment parked there overnight.

Norma was headed to a friend's house in the 27300 block of Cottonwood Avenue when she disappeared. She had attended summer classes that morning at Valley View High School and was using a shortcut through an open field when she was grabbed. Personal items strewn around the area pointed to a struggle.

In the ensuing days, hundreds of concerned residents organized a search, and a reward was offered for her safe return. On the afternoon of July 20, a resident preparing to mow his lawn on Theodore Street, in a remote area of east Moreno Valley, stumbled onto the teenager's remains.

According to Anderson, investigators combed the location for tire tracks and other possible evidence, but turned up little.

Vigils and a series of benefits to assist the Lopez family were held over the next month.

Anderson said he meets regularly with Norma's parents, Martin and Norma Lopez, sharing what information he can.

``I keep a picture of her on my desk,'' the police chief said. ``I had seasoned veterans in this office emotionally distraught over what happened. We want to solve this, at least to bring some sort of peace of mind to the family. We could use a break.''

Anyone with more information about the case was urged to call sheriff's Investigator James Merrill at (951) 486-6700.
http://www.kesq.com/news/26504191/detail.html

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »

Case archive album

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Norma%20Lopez%20%20-CA-/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »

SUSPECT ARRESTED! 10/21/11 1:00PM
Link: http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/mvs10-0715-1.asp

Update:

On Thursday, October 20th, 2011 at 6:00 a.m., thirty-five-year-old Jesse Perez Torres, a resident of Long Beach, was arrested for the homicide of Norma Lopez. Perez was booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center for kidnap and homicide. This case is ongoing and no further details will be released.

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department is encouraging anyone with information regarding this investigation to contact Riverside Sheriff's Department Central Homicide Investigator Merrill at 951-955-2777.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.