March 29, 2024, 01:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #8 7/20/10 - 7/23/10  (Read 247441 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »

Wonder why the school spokesperson didn't come out sooner about the doctor's appointment sooner? I'm sure the school district is very worried about a lawsuit.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »

Maybe LE told the school not to give out information about the appointment until now?  Sorry, I don't see them lying.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »

Wonder why the school spokesperson didn't come out sooner about the doctor's appointment sooner? I'm sure the school district is very worried about a lawsuit.

Just a guess, but they may have been instructed by LE. I'm sure there's a lot more info LE are keeping tight lipped about. JMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »

One more thing, they had not cameras or any other stop gap measures.  The horse has already left the barn so no need for CYA against lawsuits at this point in time.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2010, 10:01:04 PM »

I really have no idea at this point who is lying or not. Maybe the police will confirm the appointment time and whether it was for the 4th or for the next Friday. Though I would have no idea why you would tell the teacher a week in advance about an appointment, maybe you have to do that now, just know when my kids were young, I never gave a week in advance.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »

I think that the school district and  school super has been told to keep a tight lip on the events of that day.  Remember in a very early broadcast the  school super was saying something about ..and now this investigation has turned into a criminal investigation..and LE  or someone sort of interviened and helped him off the camera?  Then the cat was out of the bag..and LE officially called this a criminal investigation?  IDK..but I thought that was how that came about.  Then it was another week or two before we heard about Kaine and Kiarar moving out, the LS , the MFH, Terri failing polys.  I think LE has kept a very close reign on all this..and has used the family and school (in a postive way) to make statements for them.  Thus slowly by surely and continually placing pressure on Terri.  Little bits of info here and there..to let her know they know she's involved.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »

That school had very bad / lax policies. Like I said, if it had come from the teacher alot earlier, today it comes from a spokesman for the school. PR move. CYA.
They put a sign up for a public event, no cameras, no sign ins, no clue who was there and who wasn't, no paperwork documenting this appointment.  I am not trying to defend Terri I want this kiddo found and if she had anything to do with it, they better all start doing their jobs better.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2010, 10:13:08 PM »

That school had very bad / lax policies. Like I said, if it had come from the teacher alot earlier, today it comes from a spokesman for the school. PR move. CYA.
They put a sign up for a public event, no cameras, no sign ins, no clue who was there and who wasn't, no paperwork documenting this appointment.  I am not trying to defend Terri I want this kiddo found and if she had anything to do with it, they better all start doing their jobs better.

What if it comes from the teacher herself?  What if it is stated as June 4th in paperwork signed by Terri?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2010, 10:13:46 PM »

LE may be using the school and family to make statements, I would just prefer to hear it out of the mouth of LE instead, imo.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »

It is kind of like I am getting the sense (not necessarily on this site) that some people think that there is big conspiracy to frame Terri that goes from the FBI all the way down to Kaine Horman.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:47 PM »

I'm not into conspiracies, to me it takes way too much energy. I just know from following way too many cases that I prefer info coming from the police, just makes more sense to me, and that is all. I personally am not looking to be on anyone's side, just waiting for the police to come out and make statements, hard for me to trust things that are being said otherwise.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: July 21, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date

By Anna Song KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Story Published: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT

Story Updated: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT
Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date

PORTLAND, Ore. - There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources.

Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent.

According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair.

Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

Kim Holm’s son, Kurtis, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

At 1:21 that afternoon Terri Horman posted the science fair photos on her Facebook page. At 3:30 she went to meet Kyron’s school bus, which he never boarded. Then came her 9-1-1 call, and the search for Kyron began.

The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days.

Terri Horman has not been named a suspect or person of interest in Kyron’s disappearance and there have been no arrests made in the case.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »

Notes for absences have to be written in advance at the kiddos school. If the kid isn’t going to be there a phone call is required to the secretary. Or they phone your house. And then they phone all of the contacts. They might wonder of the kiddo left the house and met an accident on the way to school.
Why ? Safety purposes.
What if there was a fire ? Aren’t they under some obligation to know who is there and who isn’t ?
What if a kid gets into some trouble in the bathroom or another room and no one takes any heed and something bad happens. Up here, it has, kiddo hung himself accidentally in the bathroom on a hook, fooling around, but they missed him before the last bell of the day rang. The schools have some responsibilities to ensure the safety of the kids. 
And that school didn’t seem to get it. It’s 2010, what is wrong with them ?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »

So according to the school, they were under the assumption that Kyron had a doctors appointment and wouldn't be in school AND Kurtis thought the same thing.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »

It is kind of like I am getting the sense (not necessarily on this site) that some people think that there is big conspiracy to frame Terri that goes from the FBI all the way down to Kaine Horman.
I am not one of those. I do not like the way LE is behaving. I do not like the school's policies.
IF the school had been doing their job, the way they do here, a person, and it very well could be Terri Horman would not have had such a window of opportunity. And so much time before it was noticed.   
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »

So according to the school, they were under the assumption that Kyron had a doctors appointment and wouldn't be in school AND Kurtis thought the same thing.

That's what I'm getting out of the info Klaas.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »

Every year the schools send home so much paperwork that you have to fill out when the school year begins. They ask question after question, including, home phone, work phone, cell phone, family members names and numbers. Yet, when Amber Dubois did not show up for school, they made ONE call to the home number and when they did not get a live voice, left a message on the phone. I don't think it would be asking to much to get the attentance person to ulitilize some of the other phone numbers that the schools ask for year after year after year. It is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong, that Kyron's backpack etc was left in the classroom. Why didn't someone contact Kaine or Terri or Desiree about that? Again, wishing the school would utilize the tools that parents provide.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2010, 10:33:59 PM »

This is making Terri look even worse, IMO.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »

Every year the schools send home so much paperwork that you have to fill out when the school year begins. They ask question after question, including, home phone, work phone, cell phone, family members names and numbers. Yet, when Amber Dubois did not show up for school, they made ONE call to the home number and when they did not get a live voice, left a message on the phone. I don't think it would be asking to much to get the attentance person to ulitilize some of the other phone numbers that the schools ask for year after year after year. It is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong, that Kyron's backpack etc was left in the classroom. Why didn't someone contact Kaine or Terri or Desiree about that? Again, wishing the school would utilize the tools that parents provide.
You are so right, I remember filling out so much paperwork for each daughter in the beginning of the school year, it would be a good thing for the school to utilize the tools that parents provide.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyrons-dad-attends-3-hours-of-meetings-at-sheriffs-office-98945234.html

Screen grab of Kaine leaving LE last night.  Question, would it still be this bright at 9pm in Portland?  It wouldn't here but I realize some areas stay light much later.

He looks unstressed or pleased.  Can't put my finger on it.  He does not look angry.

Funny how people see different things.  Personally I think this guy Eric needs his glasses checked.  Reminder - Eric is the guy who's girlfriend grew up in Roseburg with Terri and her family.  This is from the Terri Support fb wall:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.