March 28, 2024, 07:50:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #8 7/20/10 - 7/23/10  (Read 247430 times)
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »

Thanks OS for that article, not sure how to take it though    I will say this seems to be the first case I followed with such an interest on how much money is spent.

YW

It's amazing to me how much they talk about money being spent but never a word on the reward $25,000.00.

I don't think I have heard anyone even mention it in the last month with all the interviews..

Maybe they don't know money talks. dunno.

Oh hell, no one even makes a plea for the return of Kyron that I have seen, maybe I missed it. Oh wait, I did see DY read a plea last week iirc.

It amazes me with all that LE is telling Kaine that they don't say go out there and beg for info., give the tip line, there's a reward yada yada.

Well better sit on my hands before I get in trouble.

Interesting case to say the least.

JMO.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #421 on: July 22, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

Hmmm.. This pic is looking into a classroom on the westside, at Skyline.  (link found at WS)

What kind of TV is that??  Doesn't it kind of look like a cam TV, or whatever they are called? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #422 on: July 22, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »

Klaas I'm figuring that Oregon along with so many other states that money is very tight. Just would be better, imo, to maybe just say this behind closed doors. Or maybe people in the Portland area are complaining about the money being used, just don't know.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »

Wow, that came out HUGE!  Sry..   

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #424 on: July 22, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24355297/detail.html

Sheriff Tables Request For Cash In Kyron Case

POSTED: 11:16 am PDT July 22, 2010
UPDATED: 11:51 am PDT July 22, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton tabled his request for more money in the Kyron Horman investigation Thursday and told county commissioners his office has absorbed the case's costs so far.

Staton spoke with Multnomah County commissioners about the funding in the effort to find Kyron, who was last seen June at Skyline School in northwest Portland when his stepmother took him to a science fair.

Staton said the sheriff's office is returning $500,000 in contingency funding that was approved last month and another $400,000 from the last budget after his agency was able to hold down costs.

A request by prosecutors seeking an extra $196,000 for a deputy district attorney and a limited time investigator was approved.

"A child has been missing for six weeks. Everyone is focused on finding him and bringing him home," said County Chair Jeff Cogen in a statement.

I think we saw yesterday that there is to be a presser next Tues. (unless I dreamt that) now with the reduction tabled, my guess is an arrest might be coming.

Just a guess but seems something is going on.

OS

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: July 22, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »

Hmmm.. This pic is looking into a classroom on the westside, at Skyline.  (link found at WS)

What kind of TV is that??  Doesn't it kind of look like a cam TV, or whatever they are called? 

Looks like a regular TV that maybe they might watch videos on.  Nothing to indicate it's a security camera to me:

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2010, 04:04:10 PM »

Thanks OS for that article, not sure how to take it though    I will say this seems to be the first case I followed with such an interest on how much money is spent.

YW

It's amazing to me how much they talk about money being spent but never a word on the reward $25,000.00.

I don't think I have heard anyone even mention it in the last month with all the interviews..

Oh hell, no one even makes a plea for the return of Kyron that I have seen, maybe I missed it. Oh wait, I did see DY read a plea last week iirc.

It amazes me with all that LE is telling Kaine that they don't say go out there and beg for info., give the tip line, there's a reward yada yada.

JMO.

OS

Very strange to me, and you are right, not much talk about the reward money. Personally I think it is tacky to be discussing money issues like this, but then again I don't live in Oregon, and maybe they have to talk money like this to justify money being spent on this case, don't know. And these statements taken from the article also surprised me.
(District Attorney Michael Schrunk also spoke at the meeting. Schrunk did submit the DA's office request for $196,000 for a deputy D.A. and a limited-time investigator to continue the Kyron Horman investigation.

Schrunk said "we are confident of a good resolution (in the Kyron Horman case), and legally.")     My first thought was I hope it is being done legally, seemed odd to even say that.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:54 PM »

It appears to look like a normal tv in the classroom.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2010, 04:11:12 PM »

YW

JMO.

OS

Very strange to me, and you are right, not much talk about the reward money. Personally I think it is tacky to be discussing money issues like this, but then again I don't live in Oregon, and maybe they have to talk money like this to justify money being spent on this case, don't know. And these statements taken from the article also surprised me.
(District Attorney Michael Schrunk also spoke at the meeting. Schrunk did submit the DA's office request for $196,000 for a deputy D.A. and a limited-time investigator to continue the Kyron Horman investigation.

Schrunk said "we are confident of a good resolution (in the Kyron Horman case), and legally.")     My first thought was I hope it is being done legally, seemed odd to even say that.

OH geez, I know "legally"..very odd.

OS

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »

Ok, thanks Klaas and Rosie!   

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »

when exactly did they decide they did not need as much money.. was it yesterday?  and when, morning or afternoon?  I don't expect anyone actually knows the answer to this, but I would certainly like to know.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »

Ok, thanks Klaas and Rosie!   

Your welcome
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »

when exactly did they decide they did not need as much money.. was it yesterday?  and when, morning or afternoon?  I don't expect anyone actually knows the answer to this, but I would certainly like to know.
Not sure, what are you thinking on this?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: July 22, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24355297/detail.html

Sheriff Tables Request For Cash In Kyron Case

POSTED: 11:16 am PDT July 22, 2010
UPDATED: 11:51 am PDT July 22, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton tabled his request for more money in the Kyron Horman investigation Thursday and told county commissioners his office has absorbed the case's costs so far.

Staton spoke with Multnomah County commissioners about the funding in the effort to find Kyron, who was last seen June at Skyline School in northwest Portland when his stepmother took him to a science fair.

Staton said the sheriff's office is returning $500,000 in contingency funding that was approved last month and another $400,000 from the last budget after his agency was able to hold down costs.

A request by prosecutors seeking an extra $196,000 for a deputy district attorney and a limited time investigator was approved.

"A child has been missing for six weeks. Everyone is focused on finding him and bringing him home," said County Chair Jeff Cogen in a statement.

DD - according to this it was this morning. 

On their website about a pc for next week:

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office accepting media questions regarding Kyron Case - 07/21/10
Sheriff Daniel Staton and Multnomah County Sheriff's Office understands that the community and media have many questions regarding the Kyron Horman investigation. We can ensure you that our primary goal is to complete a thorough investigation. As stated in prior press releases, there are many decision points which are discussed and filtered among investigators, deputy district attorneys, command staff and other experts. Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow-up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would like to provide the media the opportunity to submit questions they would like answered regarding Kyron Horman case. Please understand and remember this is an ongoing criminal investigation. There will be some questions that cannot be answered based on this fact.

Submit your questions to Kyron.case.questions@mcso.us. This email address will be accepting questions up to 2pm today, July 21, 2010.

A written statement will be released no later than Friday July 23, 2010 based on the questions submitted.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would also like to announce that a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2010 at the Hanson Building located at 12240 NE Glisan Portland, Oregon. The exact time for this press conference will be announced by Friday July 23, 2010.
Present at this conference will be Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Lead Investigator of the Kyron case Sgt. Lee Gosson. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted regarding the case.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: July 22, 2010, 04:25:31 PM »

YW

JMO.

OS

OH geez, I know "legally"..very odd.

OS

I thought when I read the  good resolution that meant Kyron being found..and legally meant..having their ducks in a row and able to prosecute the perps.  IDK just my impression.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: July 22, 2010, 04:26:28 PM »

Not sure, what are you thinking on this?

I am wondering if they were told something that made them think they might not need to investigate some things that they had thought they needed to before they were told something...

out of the blue they just decide they don't need part of the money, so thinking well then they don't need part of the investigation then... ???

and I expected maybe they found this out yesterday... ??? or could they have found it out this morning? 

I'm so sleepy I scanned the article but can't think and do not remember if it stated exactly when they changed their mind.

I really expected they might have some more info today... so I am just waiting.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: July 22, 2010, 04:28:40 PM »

thanks for getting that for me klaas.. I usually am not lazy ugh.. my eyes are closing and hard for me to find things or think at the moment... so hmm this morning.. interesting.. let me re-read that and then comment.

To find me:
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: July 22, 2010, 04:34:07 PM »

YW

JMO.

OS

I share your frustrations, OS.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: July 22, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »

DD - IMO for them to report it this morning they had to know at least prior to today that they were going to table that request.  I suspect as you do they may feel there will be an arrest or resolution sooner rather than later. (wishful thinking on my part)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: July 22, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »

A request by prosecutors seeking an extra $196,000 for a deputy district attorney and a limited time investigator was approved

so we have the SHERIFF'S OFFICE returning CONTINGENCY MONEY... what was the contingency?  given to them for a specific thing and if not use/needed it would be returned because it is for a certain purpose??? this is what it sounds like.. .so if true, some purpose they had they no longer have... whatever this 500,000 was allotted for they are not doing that particular thing now... why... and this is the sheriff's office/LE,

also they hold down costs/ don't have a need for, another 400,000... again the sheriff's office..

_________

but.... we have the PROSECUTORS'/NOT THE COPS... Requesting/needing another 196,000 for another DA and an investigator for the prosecutor...

and all this changes overnight...

so we went from the cops not needing the money they had needed, giving it back...

to now the prosecutors needing money..

so are we going from the cop investigation into the prosecuting stage of the case? 

sounds like it to me...

so what did they find out yesterday or this morning to decide they do not need this money for the police on the case, but rather now they need more money for the prosecutor???

am I making sense?  It makes sense to me, but maybe I am sleepy? 

I think they found out something ...did someone tell them something?  or did they go through something and figure out what someone had said and it is not matching what they thought they knew, so they checked it out, and not they can wrap this up (according to their way of thinking)???

and did they say they were having a press release on tuesday???? did I read that??? hmmm this is going to drive me bonkers all weekend.

To find me:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.