April 23, 2024, 09:10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #8 7/20/10 - 7/23/10  (Read 248329 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »

snipped

DD - according to this it was this morning. 

On their website about a pc for next week:

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office accepting media questions regarding Kyron Case - 07/21/10
Sheriff Daniel Staton and Multnomah County Sheriff's Office understands that the community and media have many questions regarding the Kyron Horman investigation. We can ensure you that our primary goal is to complete a thorough investigation. As stated in prior press releases, there are many decision points which are discussed and filtered among investigators, deputy district attorneys, command staff and other experts. Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow-up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would like to provide the media the opportunity to submit questions they would like answered regarding Kyron Horman case. Please understand and remember this is an ongoing criminal investigation. There will be some questions that cannot be answered based on this fact.

Submit your questions to Kyron.case.questions@mcso.us. This email address will be accepting questions up to 2pm today, July 21, 2010.

A written statement will be released no later than Friday July 23, 2010 based on the questions submitted.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would also like to announce that a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2010 at the Hanson Building located at 12240 NE Glisan Portland, Oregon. The exact time for this press conference will be announced by Friday July 23, 2010.
Present at this conference will be Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Lead Investigator of the Kyron case Sgt. Lee Gosson. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted regarding the case.

I sure thought this presser was going to be this Friday after reading the press release yesterday.

Guess they just stated that a "written statement will be released no later than Friday July 23, 2010 based on the questions submitted."

My feelings today make me think there will be an arrest soon, but I am confused about Kyron's fate. I don't sense a feeling of urgency from anyone.

And just what is the meaning of this? Schrunk said "we are confident of a good resolution (in the Kyron Horman case), and legally."

What is a "good" resolution?

And why would a DA add, "and legally?"

And where is the urgency to bring Kyron home (if he is alive)?

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Agencies-request-438643-to-staff-Kyron-Horman-case-missing-portland-98787209.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: July 22, 2010, 04:50:26 PM »

Staton said the sheriff's office is returning $500,000 in contingency funding that was approved last month and another $400,000 from the last budget after his agency was able to hold down costs.

A request by prosecutors seeking an extra $196,000 for a deputy district attorney and a limited time investigator was approved

so we have the SHERIFF'S OFFICE returning CONTINGENCY MONEY... what was the contingency?  given to them for a specific thing and if not use/needed it would be returned because it is for a certain purpose??? this is what it sounds like.. .so if true, some purpose they had they no longer have... whatever this 500,000 was allotted for they are not doing that particular thing now... why... and this is the sheriff's office/LE,

also they hold down costs/ don't have a need for, another 400,000... again the sheriff's office..

_________

but.... we have the PROSECUTORS'/NOT THE COPS... Requesting/needing another 196,000 for another DA and an investigator for the prosecutor...

and all this changes overnight...

so we went from the cops not needing the money they had needed, giving it back...

to now the prosecutors needing money..

so are we going from the cop investigation into the prosecuting stage of the case? 

sounds like it to me...

so what did they find out yesterday or this morning to decide they do not need this money for the police on the case, but rather now they need more money for the prosecutor???

am I making sense?  It makes sense to me, but maybe I am sleepy? 

I think they found out something ...did someone tell them something?  or did they go through something and figure out what someone had said and it is not matching what they thought they knew, so they checked it out, and not they can wrap this up (according to their way of thinking)???

and did they say they were having a press release on tuesday???? did I read that??? hmmm this is going to drive me bonkers all weekend.

DD - I agree with everything you said and yes, Tuesday press conference:

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would also like to announce that a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday July 27, 2010 at the Hanson Building located at 12240 NE Glisan Portland, Oregon. The exact time for this press conference will be announced by Friday July 23, 2010.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: July 22, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »

Seems like each one of these articles are worded slightly different:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Sheriffs-office-declines-extra-money-for-now-for/5iFW97qmWUCsNb5npZp9Ig.cspx

Sheriff's office declines extra money - for now - for the Horman investigation

Last Update: 1:00 pm

In a surprise move, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton tabled extra funding for the Kyron Horman investigation.

Earlier this week, it was announced that the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's office were seeking over $438,000 in additional funds to help with the investigation into the missing 7-year-old.

District Attorney Mike Schrunk was seeking over $196,000 in funds for the case, while Dan Staton and the Sheriff's Office were asking for nearly $243,000 that would have gone to cover overtime costs of the investigation.

Early Thursday county commissioners were set to approve the funding, but a surprise move by Staton tabled funding for his office.

Staton said he didn't need the money as of now, in part because of a four-person budget cut that left the agency with extra money. The money will reside in the county contingency fund, used for emergency investigations like this one.

The sheriff's office has spent $365,000 on the Kyron Horman investigation so far, Staton said.

Staton said in no way does the tabling of the issue mean investigators are close to an arrest. The issue could still be brought up again in the future, he said.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #443 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »

Thanks OS for that article, not sure how to take it though    I will say this seems to be the first case I followed with such an interest on how much money is spent.

YW

It's amazing to me how much they talk about money being spent but never a word on the reward $25,000.00.

I don't think I have heard anyone even mention it in the last month with all the interviews..

Maybe they don't know money talks. dunno.

Oh hell, no one even makes a plea for the return of Kyron that I have seen, maybe I missed it. Oh wait, I did see DY read a plea last week iirc.

It amazes me with all that LE is telling Kaine that they don't say go out there and beg for info., give the tip line, there's a reward yada yada.

Well better sit on my hands before I get in trouble.

Interesting case to say the least.

JMO.

OS

I share your frustrations, OS.

yep count me as frustrated along with you both!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »

brandi, in response to your above post...

"a good resolution, and legally"..

a good resolution is to find kyron alive... and legally, would pertain to the legal part of the case/the prosecution of someone.... ????

this might be what they are saying, without saying it..

_________

i have to wonder if they located kyron and they are going to take til tuesday to get all the warrants together, get him home, and get someone arrested ????

think about this... if they were to find him, this morning, last night etc... and if they were to announce that without getting him somewhere first or getting arrest warrants in place etc... what a mess the media would have going on...

now I don't know what I think about them finding him.. that part I am not so sure of,... but everything else I have said I believe.

I need to think about this more.  I think they are in the process of indicting someone right now.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: July 22, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »

Seems like each one of these articles are worded slightly different:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Sheriffs-office-declines-extra-money-for-now-for/5iFW97qmWUCsNb5npZp9Ig.cspx

Sheriff's office declines extra money - for now - for the Horman investigation

Last Update: 1:00 pm

In a surprise move, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton tabled extra funding for the Kyron Horman investigation.

Earlier this week, it was announced that the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's office were seeking over $438,000 in additional funds to help with the investigation into the missing 7-year-old.

District Attorney Mike Schrunk was seeking over $196,000 in funds for the case, while Dan Staton and the Sheriff's Office were asking for nearly $243,000 that would have gone to cover overtime costs of the investigation.

Early Thursday county commissioners were set to approve the funding, but a surprise move by Staton tabled funding for his office.

Staton said he didn't need the money as of now, in part because of a four-person budget cut that left the agency with extra money. The money will reside in the county contingency fund, used for emergency investigations like this one.

The sheriff's office has spent $365,000 on the Kyron Horman investigation so far, Staton said.

Staton said in no way does the tabling of the issue mean investigators are close to an arrest. The issue could still be brought up again in the future, he said.

so this articel is update at 1 pm... hmmm... are they watching me type  Monkey Devil!

so sheriff's office needed more money, asked for it, now blam, they can give some back... because of a budget cut   HUH>>>> like the budget cut just happened last night or this morning?   

come on !!!!  I'm sleepy, but not stupid... they did not figure out a budget cut and find this 500,000 extra money to give back overnight.  ...does that sound ridiculous to anyone besides me? 

and the sheriff's office/cops needed money for overtime costs... well aren't they going to have projected overtime costs NOW? 

hmmmm... well I stand with my thoughts... something it up... and prosecutors don't need more money for another DA and investigator if they are not going to be prosecuting anyone.  and you have to be arrested to get prosecuted... don't you???? haha

To find me:
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:56 PM »

DD - IMO for them to report it this morning they had to know at least prior to today that they were going to table that request.  I suspect as you do they may feel there will be an arrest or resolution sooner rather than later. (wishful thinking on my part)

I am skeptical but ... I would gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »

Yesterday, or whatever day it was, when Kaine left the police station at 9pm after speaking with them for 3 hours he looked relieved, not angry.

Now today we have LE not needing money all of a sudden.

I think even though they are saying no, that they are close to an arrest or grand jury indictment. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

Yesterday, or whatever day it was, when Kaine left the police station at 9pm after speaking with them for 3 hours he looked relieved, not angry.

I think even though they are saying no, that they are close to an arrest or grand jury indictment. 

That's my take on it as well, Klaas.

A hopeful take, I admit, but sure sounds like it to me.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: July 22, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

I would like to think that as well, although I can't help but feel LE is making us look left as they work to the right. To be honest it would surprise me if they are keeping anyone in the family as informed as we may think considering how LE usually keeps the family in the dark.
You know Kaine could have been questioned at the station yesterday over something that came up or was asked to take a poly to confirm something. He has said he would willingly do this and perhaps that is what that all was about, no big deal.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »

The state of Oregon has a law on its books regarding parents abducting their children.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Principles of Aaron's Law (2005 Oregon Child Abduction Law)

Aaron’s Law is premised on the finding by the 2003 Oregon Senate President’s Interim Task Force on Parental and Family Abductions that child abduction is highly abusive to the child, and that this abuse occurs regardless of who abducts the child: “(Child abduction)…is extremely detrimental to the emotional and mental well being of the children, and at times may even put the life of the child in danger.”

Victims of child abduction by family members who appeared before the Task Force and who appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee testified unanimously that the injuries caused by abduction were in fact severe and permanent.

Stated simply, child abduction—by any person—is child abuse.

Aaron’s Law (Senate Bill 1041 [2005]) seeks to address the problem in several ways:

1. By empowering the Court to appoint a Guardian ad Litem and a qualified mental health therapist to represent the interests of the child at the very outset of the case.

2. By requiring the parties to the case to attend counseling directed at informing the parties of the harm their conduct is inflicting on the children.

3. By encouraging the professional development of the bar, the courts and others through training and the dissemination of information regarding the issue of child abduction, particularly those abductions in which family members participate.

4. By authorizing the Court to award damages to the parties suffering harm.

5. By extending the statute of limitations and placing the statute in the context of the crime. Abduction is a continuing crime, not an event that occurred on a single day.

6. By providing to victims an avenue that is separate from the criminal system. In most cases, incarcerating a parent adds to the ongoing trauma suffered by the child victims.

7. By providing a means to fast-track an abduction case, shortening the time that a child is abducted.

Aaron’s Law has been in effect since October 2005, and we recognize several areas where the law could be amended and improved.

Is this taken from an article or a web source?  If so, would you please post the link and/or source?  It's very helpful for those that want to research, gives credit where it's due.       Thanks, MuffyBee

Sorry Muffybee! here is the link http://blogoliticalsean.blogspot.com/2007/01/principles-of-aarons-law-2005-oregon.html

(Edit- Thank you Sebastian.  I've added the link to your original post.  MuffyBee)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:19:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »

how do I say this... hmmmm....

I know there is a grand jury going on. 

there I said it

To find me:
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2010, 05:36:23 PM »

I agree with you also Klaas. This case has been very frustrating and even though it would be easy to think otherwise, I believe little Kyron is alive and will be found soon.

PS I think it was yesterday. (I hope it was or else there is bonafide proof that the frustration is getting to me also.)

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »

there I said it

Ok I'll bite, how do you know this? Not that I doubt you DD, you know I don't. but how did you find this out?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

I agree with you also Klaas. This case has been very frustrating and even though it would be easy to think otherwise, I believe little Kyron is alive and will be found soon.

PS I think it was yesterday. (I hope it was or else there is bonafide proof that the frustration is getting to me also.)

From your lips to Gods ears...This is all I care about. I honestly do not care about divorces or murder plots or rumors or personalilties. I just want this little boy to be found alive. After he is found, everything else will fall into place and who ever is responsible will be held accountable. Kyron just needs to be found.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »

there I said it

Ok I'll bite, how do you know this? Not that I doubt you DD, you know I don't. but how did you find this out?

I obviously can't say or I would have just said it.  what i don't know is what they might have found out... but with what le is saying and giving that money back etc, and there saying a good resolution and legally and now the da needs money and the cops can give their money back, after they just said they needed more for overtime, and now obviously do not need more for overtime, I really have to wonder what they found out..

something changed...and I honestly believe it could have to do with the grand jury talking to someone.  I know they are talking to someone, I just do not know what they are finding out.

To find me:
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »

Well, whatever was discussed yesterday with Kaine, he sure appeared to be in good spirits. I am praying that is because he got news that Kyron is alive and well? Perhaps they are "legally" trying to obtain warrants etc, instead of just barging in where they think that they know Kyron may be? Please Lord, let this be the case!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »

So are you saying that a Grand Jury was put together but you do not know exactly for what purpose or who they are trying to indict?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »

there I said it

OK so they must be close to an indictment, that's the only thing that makes sense. Indicting Terri to be more specific. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »

Well, whatever was discussed yesterday with Kaine, he sure appeared to be in good spirits. I am praying that is because he got news that Kyron is alive and well? Perhaps they are "legally" trying to obtain warrants etc, instead of just barging in where they think that they know Kyron may be? Please Lord, let this be the case!

Yea I don't know, I suppose there are a million different reason we can come up with as to why he was there. I would love for it to be because he was told something, although I can't imagine that being done without Desiree there. Perhaps she was on the phone, how do we really know. If this is the case Sebastian how many times did LE tell Carrie or Moe for instance, one thing about the investigation into Ambers Disappearance? Not very common in my opinion. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.