April 24, 2024, 12:13:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyks Opinions of Scared Monkeys Forum  (Read 12414 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »

Don't worry Wyks,we all know what you mean and you only stand for good.   I think there is only  2 or 3 posters that seem to keep stirrin' up trouble and I don't think they really mean any harm.  Maybe they just aren't used to learning, listening, viewing a differing opinion or just plain have never been to such a civilized blog.  We call it 'sleutherizing'!  Gosh, I wish I could give credit to whomever came up with that term.  Believe it was someone criticizing another on the HaLeigh thread.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »

Thank-you Wyks  an angelic monkey  You have always been very respectful and you have a lot of knowledge. I don't have a lot of knowledge in the respect of schooling, but I have tons of knowledge about mental health issues, and if need be I will continue to give my info on that. I may not know all the technical terms, nor do I obviously have the capability of diagnosing anyone, but that is one think I never take lightly are people that are suffering from this. And whether or not Terri had postpartum depression after giving birth to Kitty, I don't know, but I know one thing, after suffering so bad from it after my second child was born, I know first hand what it can do to a person, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I don't wish mental illness on anyone. And I'm not ashamed to let people know the journey that my daughter and I have suffered from it all, people need not be ashamed of it what so ever.  an angelic monkey

You're welcome, Rosie, and thank you too!  I love how we can bring our knowledge to the different threads, when it's helpful, and no matter how that knowledge has been received.  Seems to me that our experiences in life can be and surely have been as helpful (if not more) than 'book smarts'.  Have learned a lot about different things on this forum, just by what others, like you, have shared of their own experiences.  Can add much to an understanding of whichever case we're together in at that moment.  Am so sorry that you and your daughter went thru all that suffering, OMG!  And those in similiar situations.    Thank you for sharing, it can and does help folks. 

Sometimes I look back at my life and remember the pain in something, how I wondered then, why me??  gahhh!!  And often it's down the road a ways that I realize much of my experience may serve only to have made me a stronger person and to help others get thru similiar situations in their own lives.     

I surely don't wish any type of mental illness on anyone either.  And diagnosing someone from the armchairs in front of our computers is a typical no-no, even for those who work in the helping field.  lol  Much goes into the giving of a diagnosis, no matter what it is, much has to do with sitting with that someone in-person and getting to know them a bit.  Heck, it's hard enough for those seeing clients in-person, to not make a diagnosis, but just to gather facts and only make an educated guess, referring clients to actual in-person doctors for an evaluation, and leaving the dx'ing up to them. 

So when anyone comes into these threads, and sees in someone involved in a case, what may be signs of something we know the symptoms to, to make a guess of what 'could be' going on with that person.  Saying something like, 'in my experience, here's what it seems like to me'.  Drew Peterson comes to mind.. and Casey Anthony.. Sometimes easy to spot, sometimes not so much. 

For a person in a case such as Kyron's, where the only one so far saying that Terri has/had PPD, all we can do is to sit and watch, checking what is being said against the knowledge of those who do know the signs and symptoms.  Waiting for such a time as Terri, for example, perhaps having an evaluation by a doctor down the road.  And seeing how any of that may or may not have to do with whatever happened to Kyron. 

I don't like it when a seeming dx is used as 'an excuse' for why someone did what they did.  Am thinking it certainly can be taken into consideration as perhaps one of the reasons someone may have done what they did, yet depending on the circumstances, ought not to be enough to get that person free from all the consequences etc.  An example, just cuz one person in the US has a certain dx and didn't see prison time for whatever, doesn't necessarily mean that the next person who does a similiar thing, with the same dx, ought to also be freed into society with no consequences. 

It's going to be interesting to see if Terri has PPD, and if so, what/how that may have contributed to whatever happened with Kyron.  Keeping in mind that if she does have that, many others in this world have also had that and managed not to try to off their husbands or disappear any child.  So I dunno... Perplexing...

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »

right back at cha Wykkers!

and yes, this is by far the very best forum ever...I am glad that our admin, owner and mods put as much time and effort into this place to make it the place that everyone wants to be at!

And yeppers.  I dunno how they do it, or even when they sleep!  Do they sleep?  Shop for groceries?  Get the mail?  Dunno when they'd have the time.  lol  They seem to be a dedicated crew.  My hats off to em.  For the long long waiting list we've heard of.. of those wanting to join SM.. seems a good indication that SM is *the* place to be!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »

Don't worry Wyks,we all know what you mean and you only stand for good.   I think there is only  2 or 3 posters that seem to keep stirrin' up trouble and I don't think they really mean any harm.  Maybe they just aren't used to learning, listening, viewing a differing opinion or just plain have never been to such a civilized blog.  We call it 'sleutherizing'!  Gosh, I wish I could give credit to whomever came up with that term.  Believe it was someone criticizing another on the HaLeigh thread.

Thanks melisb, that's kind of you to say, and feels good to know.   an angelic monkey

I agree with you on the few who seem to be hangin' around stirrin' the pot.  Perhaps as you say, being here is a learning environment for them.  Guess that's even more reason to take the high road, no matter what, just so they can continue to learn more appropriate ways to treat fellow monkeys.  I know I was astonished when I first came across Scared Monkeys, after having been battered thru and thru in other forums.  Didn't know such a place as this existed!  I do think we are very lucky, and don't want to see any of that go downhill.  And yes, 'sleutherizing', love that word too!  Interesting, if it was first said in a criticizing way, it turned out for the best, cuz it's a positive thing, IMO.  Funny how things can turn out like that.   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 08:23:15 PM »

Great post Wyks, and thank-you. And sometimes a person is diagnosed wrong, and the consequences from that and meds to follow can be devastating. It just seems to me that something sure is not mentally right with Terri, not making excuses, heck have never made excuses for myself or my daughter, I am guilty though of perhaps being a bit of a bleeding heart when it comes to mental health issues. All I know that something sure feels off to me in this case, and I sit and see other scenarios that might have happened here.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »

Thanks Rosie, and you're welcome.  It's so true what you said about a wrong dx, wrong meds.  Sad to see the results that can follow either/both. 

I hear ya about Terri, something seems 'off'.  And nope, we aren't making excuses for her while trying to figure out what that 'something off' might be.  Kinda wonder tho if Kaine's mentioning PPD didn't hand the defense something to do, whether or not it's true. 

There's an interesting thing that happens when someone reading about these cases or in other areas of life.. who have experienced something difficult in their own life.  Sometimes when we see others using the same as an 'excuse' to escape the consequences for their own situation, rather than a 'reason' which simply brings an understanding not an escape.. some of us can get downright indignant.  As if 'how DARE they go there and try that as an excuse!'  Yeah... It's not right 'to use' any type of mental illness or disability etc, as an 'excuse'.  IMO. 

Wish we had more facts, am betting when this hits court, there will be much that explains many of our questions.  In a way, we've been spoiled, with Florida's Sunshine Law.  Sometimes to the point of 'ok this is wayyyyy more info than we need, thanx'  lol   

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 02:59:37 AM »

pdh3,

Thank you for proving my point on how some are allowed to continue to shame and blame other posters, simply for having a different opinion, other than their own.  Perfect example.   

Amen Wyks! LE is usually spot on, but there have been cases where they have railroaded people, mishandled evidence, lost evidence, destroyed evidence. There have been many times where they have looked the other way, Drew Peterson anyone? Then there are the LE officials themselves who have committed horrific crimes. Don't even get me started on the New Orleans police department. They were corrupt for years.  I am so glad that you are here on Scared Monkeys Wyks. You always make me think. Your posts are considerate and thoughtful and most importantly thought out! I don't see you swoop in to Scared Monkeys eagerly awaiting to rip apart anyone who does not agree with you. You don't belittle or insult those that do not agree with you. You are a class act Wyks!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 03:10:30 AM »

I'm beginning to see why Tricia had to get so strict on WS....

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's quite another when egos get involved, and posters overstep their boundaries.
If other forums are not allowing Kaine and Desiree to be bashed and their reputations ruined, then that really says volumes. Maybe some posters need to re-evaluate their motives for trying to hurt suffering parents who have been cleared by LE.

I'm glad to see Scared Monkeys has retained it's integrity. We have superior Mods, and klaas is beyond fair in her decisions.

I'm done too Muffy. I'm not feeding the beast any further.

Are you for real PDH3? 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's quite another when egos get involved, and posters overstep their boundaries.
If other forums are not allowing Kaine and Desiree to be bashed and their reputations ruined, then that really says volumes. Maybe some posters need to re-evaluate their motives for trying to hurt suffering parents who have been cleared by LE.

I'm glad to see Scared Monkeys has retained it's integrity. We have superior Mods, and klaas is beyond fair in her decisions.

What other forums besides WS? I have seen the opposite. You cannot compare apples to oranges. Klaas allows us to have much more free speech than WS ever has. That is why so many of their members are now here.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:55 AM »

[/quote

"Re-evaluate their motives for trying to hurt suffering parents who have been cleared by LE"????? Yes, that is what we are here for at Scared Monkeys. We do not truly care about the missing, we just come on for kicks and giggles to hurt suffering parents. Unbelievable! What exactly is YOUR agenda?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 05:39:07 AM »

Thanks for those kind words, Sebastian, means a lot to me!    

I feel blessed and honored to have researched several cases side-by-side with you.  Have learned much in watching the ways you work and in what you have shared.  I do believe that you and our other fine researchers deserve every respect, because of the willingness to dig deep, wade thru some heavy chit, and in essense, go where not too many want to go, or even know how.  The aha! moments when we find something helpful to a case is more than worth it, I do know that.  I am just grateful for you being here, for helping in the ways that you do! 

Am thinking all that you and others have said about our forum here, SM, is exactly what draws so many in and keeps us here.  It's so great to see all the various ways that monkeys have in helping each other gain a better understanding of a case, how it all fits together. 

So when we who research a case gets a mindset on digging deep for answers, in asking those hard questions, we need for other monkeys to be able to understand and accept that we are just trying to think outside the box.  It's often just our way of being 'part of the greater whole'.       

So it saddens me greatly when some seem to swoop in and disrespect fellow monkeys, who simply are doing what they each do best.  Am thinking these monkeys just haven't found their own niche yet, am hoping that with time they will find positive ways to contribute.  I'd much rather they would learn to agree to disagree or scroll on by a post, rather than leap on someone with a different opinion and seemingly try to rip them to shreds.  That's not how we do it here.  That would be one of the other two forums down the hall.  Very likely one that some have just been kicked out of, for trying such things there.

Anyway, Sebastian.  Am so glad to be part of the team with you!   

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 06:18:04 AM »

Thanks melisb, that's kind of you to say, and feels good to know.   an angelic monkey

I agree with you on the few who seem to be hangin' around stirrin' the pot.  Perhaps as you say, being here is a learning environment for them.  Guess that's even more reason to take the high road, no matter what, just so they can continue to learn more appropriate ways to treat fellow monkeys.  I know I was astonished when I first came across Scared Monkeys, after having been battered thru and thru in other forums.  Didn't know such a place as this existed!  I do think we are very lucky, and don't want to see any of that go downhill.  And yes, 'sleutherizing', love that word too!  Interesting, if it was first said in a criticizing way, it turned out for the best, cuz it's a positive thing, IMO.  Funny how things can turn out like that.   

It's not stirring the pot to protest the bashing of a family who has a missing child. It is not pot stirring to want to stop ugly rumors from being spread around the internet, and posted as a fact. It is not pot stirring to not want a grieving family to be further victimized by mean spirited posters.
It is pot stirring to knowingly post things that will cause an uproar. It is pot stirring to make things a personal battle.
I know what went on at WS, and I know who was involved. I know why such a tight rein has been necessary. I know why Tricia put an end to the rumor mongers and the personal attacks. None of that is welcome here either.

FYI -
Most posters on SM have been together for over 5 years, and we mostly get along well. This is not our first case of a missing child. I think we have a pretty good idea of how to OBJECTIVELY discuss a case without all of this kind of drama. But we do stand for the victims.That's kind of the whole point.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »

I've been on WS for years, never post anymore, wouldn't waste my time. I have some choice words for Tricia, but wouldn't waste my time on the women, and say what I really think.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »

It's not stirring the pot to protest the bashing of a family who has a missing child. It is not pot stirring to want to stop ugly rumors from being spread around the internet, and posted as a fact. It is not pot stirring to not want a grieving family to be further victimized by mean spirited posters.
It is pot stirring to knowingly post things that will cause an uproar. It is pot stirring to make things a personal battle.

I know what went on at WS, and I know who was involved. I know why such a tight rein has been necessary. I know why Tricia put an end to the rumor mongers and the personal attacks. None of that is welcome here either.

FYI -
Most posters on SM have been together for over 5 years, and we mostly get along well. This is not our first case of a missing child. I think we have a pretty good idea of how to OBJECTIVELY discuss a case without all of this kind of drama. But we do stand for the victims.That's kind of the whole point.

just curious...did you ever go on the Haleigh Cummings thread? did you feel the same way about the rumors that were printed on here about Haleigh's father and his family? just wondering, cause if you really feel the way that you are saying, then you would have been a huge help to me and some others  months ago when we were trying to be objective and not bash the father and his family of a missing child...We were not the popular opinions so we were not popular on that thread..I and many others left that thread  for the very things that you are saying in your post above..that whole thread was based pretty much on pure rumors  and it was allowed...all just my opinion of course...
Peace...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »

END OF DISCUSSION - I'M LOCKING THIS THREAD - DON'T START UP IN THE KYRON THREAD

I really hope I'm wrong about Terri and Kyron I really do.  I believe Terri is another Melissa Huckaby or Casey Anthony so that doesn't give me much hope that Kyron is alive.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.