April 28, 2024, 06:09:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #167 7/29/10 - 8/09/10  (Read 171145 times)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:28 PM »

Forgot the link:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24477531/detail.html
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »

I am a nurse of decomposition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRNmm7fN1xU

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:53 PM »

Hello Monkeys...Judge Perry, You are a gem!!!  One step closer to justice for Caylee...hang in there everyone, we will get there.

I am in awe of this man's knowledge of the law. One thing that concerned me a bit, and I hope it won't make a difference or give the defense anything to pounce on, is at the end of the order to deny, instead of Chapter 934 of Florida Statutes, Chapter 943 had been typed instead. An obvious typo but could Bozo make something out of it?

Good catch Scatty....JMO, I doubt it....hopefully it will be corrected just a CYA

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »

Does Casey know Baez was busted with the phone call?
She doesn't have contact with her parents or anyone else except his team, right?
Could he be misleading her about his confidence to win this case and not telling her the whole truth?
Does Casey have access to newspapers?

I have thought from the beginning that she has been completely in the dark about her situation. Any decent attorney would have tried to have plead that down to manslaughter or negligent homicide before the body was found, but he was doing nothing. I am betting he kept telling her that he could get her off, that they did not have enough to convict her. She is young and stupid, and most likely believed that fool because she "thought" he was in love with her.

I have said from early on she could have walked with about 8 or 9 years tops by doing that but he was determined to make this "his historical case" and all he has succeeded in doing is putting that needle in her arm and going broke himself.
I'm thinking she is in the dark too. Not only because she's in jail but because there is a certain power he has over her. And as SunnyinTX mentioned, she has access to tv and radio I still think she's only getting bits and pieces and Baez intentionally distracts her or tells her that the media is lying.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »

She doesn't have contact with her parents or anyone else except his team, right?
Could he be misleading her about his confidence to win this case and not telling her the whole truth?

I have thought from the beginning that she has been completely in the dark about her situation. Any decent attorney would have tried to have plead that down to manslaughter or negligent homicide before the body was found, but he was doing nothing. I am betting he kept telling her that he could get her off, that they did not have enough to convict her. She is young and stupid, and most likely believed that fool because she "thought" he was in love with her.

I have said from early on she could have walked with about 8 or 9 years tops by doing that but he was determined to make this "his historical case" and all he has succeeded in doing is putting that needle in her arm and going broke himself.
I'm thinking she is in the dark too. Not only because she's in jail but because there is a certain power he has over her. And as SunnyinTX mentioned, she has access to tv and radio I still think she's only getting bits and pieces and Baez intentionally distracts her or tells her that the media is lying.

If I am not mistaken I read somewhere she only had TV in a "day room" for a short period of the day while the other inmates were not in there, which means she would most likely never see anything about her case. The radio does not do much in depth on the case.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »

Does Baez have the power over his dream-team as far as keeping Casey in the dark?  I can't imagine A. Lyon (or T. Lenamon) not telling Casey the way it is. Casey is in court for all motion hearings and if she pays attention, she can see for herself exactly what is going on with the handling of her case. She can speak up if she is unhappy with her counsel.  Casey knows she is going down, one way or the other, and if these endless motions buy her an extended stay in jail rather than prison, she doesn't care. She most likely doesn't care at all, about any of it, Caylee, her fate, just let Baez take care of it.  It's written all over her face in court......heck, it was written all over her face in all the photos we have seen of her while Caylee was dead and before anyone knew it.  Casey doesn't care about this whole situation one bit.....let someone else handle it....she can't be bothered.     JMOO

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »

Hello Monkeys...Judge Perry, You are a gem!!!  One step closer to justice for Caylee...hang in there everyone, we will get there.

Most likely a typo, which hold no weight on appeal. If BOZO is going for an appeal on his stupidity of law then that is out because KC "hired" him and the state did not appoint him. Plus, the "main" death penalty lawyer is not him contrary to what he likes to make believe.

My brother (the attorney) says that for incompetent counsel appeal they have to also prove that with a different (better, wiser, etc.) attorney the verdict would have been different and that will never happen in this case.
I am in awe of this man's knowledge of the law. One thing that concerned me a bit, and I hope it won't make a difference or give the defense anything to pounce on, is at the end of the order to deny, instead of Chapter 934 of Florida Statutes, Chapter 943 had been typed instead. An obvious typo but could Bozo make something out of it?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2010, 06:54:19 PM »

Hello Monkeys...Judge Perry, You are a gem!!!  One step closer to justice for Caylee...hang in there everyone, we will get there.

I am SO SORRY I got in the middle of your post............

Most likely a typo, which hold no weight on appeal. If BOZO is going for an appeal on his stupidity of law then that is out because KC "hired" him and the state did not appoint him. Plus, the "main" death penalty lawyer is not him contrary to what he likes to make believe.

My brother (the attorney) says that for incompetent counsel appeal they have to also prove that with a different (better, wiser, etc.) attorney the verdict would have been different and that will never happen in this case.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »

I am so glad to hear that Turbo-   anyone can see that Baez is incompetent, but no one is forcing her to stay with him, and we already know that GA and CA have been writing to her all along, courtesy of Baez'  messenger service, and I am sure they have told her he's an idiot and she sticks with him, so she only has herself to blame...   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24499524/detail.html
Anthony Defense Sets Deposition Dates
2 Deputies, 2 Medical Examiners Will Take Stand

POSTED: Tuesday, August 3, 2010
UPDATED: 5:04 pm EDT August 3, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Local 6 News has learned when several key players in the in the Casey Anthony case will take the stand.

The defense has scheduled depositions with Sgt. John Allen, of Orange County Sheriff’s Office, at 9 a.m. on Sept. 15; Dr. Gary Utz, from the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office, at 9 a.m. on Sept. 23; Dr. Jan Garavaglia, Orange County medical examiner, at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 23 and Cpl. William Edwards, of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, at 10 a.m. on Sept. 24.

Anthony is still in jail on charges of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded area near the family home in December 2008. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008.

Anthony’s trial is set to begin May 2011.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24499524/detail.html
Anthony Defense Sets Deposition Dates
2 Deputies, 2 Medical Examiners Will Take Stand

POSTED: Tuesday, August 3, 2010
UPDATED: 5:04 pm EDT August 3, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Local 6 News has learned when several key players in the in the Casey Anthony case will take the stand.

The defense has scheduled depositions with Sgt. John Allen, of Orange County Sheriff’s Office, at 9 a.m. on Sept. 15; Dr. Gary Utz, from the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office, at 9 a.m. on Sept. 23; Dr. Jan Garavaglia, Orange County medical examiner, at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 23 and Cpl. William Edwards, of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, at 10 a.m. on Sept. 24.

Anthony is still in jail on charges of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded area near the family home in December 2008. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008.

Anthony’s trial is set to begin May 2011.

My brother said a good attorney would have deposed these people early on in the case in hopes they forgot some details before trial and then would be able to disprove some of their testimony.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2010, 07:07:02 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-poll-casey-anthony-news-20100804,0,6815842.poll
Poll: Too much Casey Anthony news?

The appetite for news in the Casey Anthony case has led to the reporting of even very minor developments, raising questions about how much is too much.
vote at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:42 AM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/08/casey-anthonys-judge-belvin-perry.html
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Casey Anthony's Judge Belvin Perry

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2010, 07:15:40 AM »

http://alcoholism.about.com/b/2010/08/04/child-abuse-using-drugs-to-subdue-children.htm
Child Abuse: Using Drugs to Subdue Children
Wednesday August 4, 2010
Unfortunately, more than one million children a year in the United States suffer from some form of child abuse or neglect, but the numbers may be even higher if a new form of abuse is considered. Researchers say more and more children are being abused by the malicious use of pharmaceuticals.

Parents and caregivers are giving drugs to kids to subdue their behavior or to take a break from their childcare responsibilities.

This relatively new trend in child abuse was uncovered by Dr. Shan Yin of the Rocky Mountain Poison Drug Center in Denver. He looked at 1,400 cases of suspected pharmaceutical abuse between 2000 and 2008 which were reported to the National Poison Data System.
Malicious Use of Pharmaceuticals

The cases included parents and caregivers maliciously using alcohol, pain killers, cough and cold medicines, sedatives, sleeping pills and antipsychotic medicine on the child in their care.

Usually, child abuse is categorized into four types: neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse and emotional abuse, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. But Dr. Yin says there is another category: malicious use of pharmaceuticals.

Yin said in a news release that the motives for giving children drugs range from punishment, amusement or a desire to take a break from childcare responsibilites.
Major Injury or Death

One of the most infamous cases of pharmaceutical child abuse is the case of Caylee Anthony( http://crime.about.com/od/missing/a/caylee.htm ) in Orlando, Florida. If the prosecutor's theory is correct, the 2-year-old died from a result of an overdose of ether, given to her by her mother, Casey Anthony, so that she could go out partying with her friends.

Dr. Yin said those kind of consequences resulted in 14% of the cases that he reviewed - children suffered moderate to major injury, including death. There are 160 such cases, including at least two deaths, each year, he said.

Yin said pediatricians and emergency medical personnel should be on the look out for this form of child abuse and use comprehensive drug screening if malicious drugging is suspected.

Dr. Yin's findings will be published in the Journal of Pediatrics.

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »

Good Morning Monks!

Here is the Duhfence motions for the depos......HAT TIP to Muzikman

It is man interesting line up....and I noticed Mason is not copied or noted....I am not sure if that means anything or not....just noted it

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48546512/07292010-Defense-Notice-of-Depos

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »

more.....thanks MuzikMan!!

MuzikMan got these

07.19.2010 SA Notice of Cancellation of Depo Bradley Wright [Kronk]
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48538453...lation-of-Depo

07/26/2010 Defense Notice Of Depo (Bodyfarm staff)
Michael Burnett, Madhavi Martin, Mark Wise, David Glasgow, Dr Vass
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48545521...rm-Depo-Notice

07/29/2010 Defense Notice of Depos (Dr. Jan G, Gary Utz, Yuri Melich,
Gerardo bloise, Dawn Murphy, Michael Vincent, Jennifer Welch,
Jesse Grund, Richard Grun
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48546512...otice-of-Depos

July 30, 2010
Roy Kronk - Defense depo

August 6, 2010
Gerardo Bloise - Orange County Sheriff's Office
Dawn Murphy - supposed to be "Murray" - Dept Children & Families
Michael Vincent - CSI Inv searched Anthony backyard with dogs
Jennifer Welch - OCSO

August 11, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from July 30, 2010
Jesse Grund
Richard Grund

August 13, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from July 9, 2010
Dr. Jan Garavaglia - Medical Examiner

September 10, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from Sept 3, 2010
Yuri Melich - OCSO

September 23, 2010 - Defense RESCHEDULED from July 9, 2010
Gary Utz - Medical Examiner

July 13, 2010 - Defense depositions - all RESCHEDULED for Sept 21, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Michael N. Burnett - Oak Ridge Lab
David C. Glasgow - Oak Ridge Lab
Madhavi Z. Martin - Oak Ridge Lab
Mark Wise - Oak Ridge Lab

July 14, 2010 - Defense deposition - RESCHEDULED for September 22, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Arpad Alexander Vass - Oak Ridge Lab

July 21, 2010 - State deposition - State CANCELED this deposition
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/48538453...lation-of-Depo
Bradley Wright - former roommate of Kronk - depo in Miami, FL

Rest in Peace Caylee

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »

Wonder what's up with all the re-scheduling of depos.

I believe Casey's been asked on many occassions if she's satisfied with her counsel.
The reason she's forced to attend the hearings is that she is informed about what's transpiring in her case.
If she doesn't take advantage of her presence in the courtroom, that's her problem.
If she'd been speaking with the A's, I'm sure they would have convinced her by now that Bozo is a moron.
George tried to convince her to dump his azz when she was first locked up.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-public-records-debat20100809,0,2020860,full.story
Does Casey Anthony's right to a fair trial trump public's right to know?
The Casey Anthony trial is still months away.

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

8:05 a.m. EDT, August 4, 2010
With the Casey Anthonytrial still months away, and a seemingly insatiable appetite for every morsel of information in the case, journalists and bloggers must make do with the scraps of news they can find.

In recent days, we learned the young woman charged with her child's murder owed the Orange County Jail about $40 but then had her jail account replenished. Her parents appear to be emerging from the threat of foreclosure and keeping their home. Her defense, meanwhile, has billed the state about $3,800 in expenses, while her attorney struggled with his own financial issues.

Such details get served to a public hungry for information in the absence of true developments in the death-penalty case. And when real news breaks, the coverage only grows more intense in print, online and on television. And this has the defense team questioning whether it can get a fair trial when the public's right to know at times seems — to them — to trump their client's rights.

"At some point, a balancing of the First Amendment rights to report must be had against the eminently more important rights of the defense to effective counsel, due process and equal protection," defense attorney J. Cheney Mason wrote in a recent filing, one of several asking for certain case documents to be kept out of the public record. "This is a case of the state of Florida versus Casey Anthony. This is not a case of news media and John Q. Public."
Like the O.J. case?

The media and public may not be parties in the case, but their collective fascination with an attractive young Orlando mother accused of killing her adorable toddler Caylee Marie — as well as the series of twists in the two-year-old story — is apparent.

The appetite for all news involving Anthony is fed by a perfect media storm: a 24-hour news cycle, national TV programs devoted to high-profile court cases, a culture embracing blogs and immediate online news, competitive local media and Florida's generous public-records law.

Defense attorney Jose Baez argues these factors have helped catapult Anthony's prosecution to a "mega-high-profile case" similar in some ways to the media interest in the O.J. Simpson murder trial and, more recently, Scott Peterson's trial, after which he was sent to California's death row for killing his pregnant wife Laci.

Award-winning broadcast journalist Judy Muller covered the O.J. Simpson criminal case for ABC's Nightline. She also covered his civil trial. And she says Casey Anthony is no O.J. in terms of scope, national attention or social significance.

The Peterson case — with its storyline of a cheating, selfish husband set on freeing himself from family responsibility — is a more apt comparison, says Muller, who today teaches at the University of Southern California's Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism.
"I see no larger social themes behind this case [Casey Anthony's] that would justify the media attention," Muller said.

With O.J. Simpson's trial, Muller said her work focused on larger issues such as big money buying a top defense team and the underlying racial themes inherent in that case.

She acknowledged, however, the media landscape has changed much in the 15 or 16 years since Simpson's criminal case erupted.

"The circus has come to town again, except there are countless rings. There is no more ring master," Muller said, referring to the variety of platforms — from bloggers to television talk shows — used to weigh in on the case. "Nobody is filtering anything anymore, and when everything is important, nothing is important."

The intense public scrutiny can bolster the defense's argument that continuing coverage of the Anthony case by television host and former prosecutor Nancy Grace, for example, is hurting their client's chances at a fair trial, Muller said.

But, said Muller: "They said the same thing about O.J. Simpson, and he was acquitted."

'Multiple battles'

It's not as if Floridians are unfamiliar with high-profile crime cases elevated by celebrity or outrageous and bizarre circumstances. A brief sampling: Danny Rolling and the Gainesville murders, Gianni Versace's shooting death in Miami Beach, Aileen Wuornos' serial murders. And most recently, former astronaut Lisa Nowak's heartbroken and angry trek to Orlando to confront the other woman.
Still, the Casey Anthony saga is something different with blogs, Facebook pages and traditional journalists competing to provide a steady IV-drip of information for Casey news junkies.

"I'm fighting multiple battles here," says Baez, adding some get waged in the courtroom and others in the court of public opinion. "Somebody at some point has to say enough is enough."

Yet some suggest Baez and company have themselves contributed to the frenzy by playing to the media. Perhaps no one illustrated this in a more pointed way than Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland. The judge recused himself from the case after the defense team complained about a "personal relationship" he had with a blogger critical of its client.

"At its core, defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a 'self-aggrandizing media hound,' " Strickland wrote in his April recusal order. "Indeed. The irony is rich."

Months later, that document is still talked about — and chuckled over — in Orange County Courthouse corridors. Baez, however, called the order "highly inappropriate" and said he has used the media chiefly in his role as an advocate for his client.

Free-press issue

Experts in the journalism and legal worlds note that conflicts between news organizations covering popular cases and the attorneys trying them are not new. They often boil down to First Amendment versus vs. Sixth Amendment rights.

"That tension has existed for a long time," said Clay Calvert, a First Amendment expert at the University of Florida, adding that case law sets a high threshold for when the media can be "gagged" from court coverage.

While this case may be unique because of the intense online interest, Calvert said, "We can't really roll back on the technology. The bottom line is this situation is going to arise again and again and again."

Ultimately, Calvert said, it is up to the judge and the attorneys to seat a jury that will fairly hear the evidence at trial. That, he said, can be done despite the swirl of media attention.
Believe it or not, not everyone paying attention to mass media is familiar with Casey Anthony. Mike Hoyt, the executive editor of the Columbia Journalism Review, didn't recall the case specifically when asked by a reporter.

"Clearly, when the media circus goes on steroids, it's not a pretty thing," Hoyt said. But he struggled to come up with a remedy. "Preventing a free press. That's a little dangerous."

Meanwhile, Charles Rose, a professor at the Stetson University College of Law and legal analyst, has paid close attention to the Casey Anthony case and is concerned about the pre-trial publicity.

"It has become entertainment," Rose said of the case. "Justice is not served for anybody."

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »

Thanks Sunny! 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html
Legal Analyst Bill Sheaffer on Casey Anthony Case
Discourse or Discord?

Posted in Latest Posts by William J. Sheaffer on August 4, 2010

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.