April 18, 2024, 08:46:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DEBBIE FROM BFN EXPLANATION REGARDING JR STATEMENT  (Read 6599 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 18, 2006, 01:08:23 AM »

POSTED BY DEBBIE AT BFN, 7/17/2006 17:28:45:

I would like to say this and for everyone to read it.... first of all, it was never my intention to put out incorrect information.  I take full responsibility for that.  It is now my desire to make sure that we get back to what is important, and that is Natalee.

Here is my time frame:  (keep in mind that I was not watching the clock)

Friday I was sent the statement and I posted it.  It was immediately picked up by other forums.  Some immediately dismissed it, as I was sure they would and some jumped on it, like we did.  After reading about this statement at other places it began to concern us that the translation might not be completely accurate.  We started feeding the document into babelfish and only got a broken translation, this was on Saturday.  Saturday night my life dictated that I not be here on the forum but elsewhere.  Keep in mind that the babelfish translation made us question parts of the statement, that is when I sent it to Ramm to translate for me.  He sent a part back to me that was incorrect in the first translation, I asked him to translate the entire statement for me, which he did in a very timely manner.

After receiving Ramm's translation I prepared the statements to post, the original translations, the Dutch language statement and Ramm's translations.  It was never my intent to deceive, we had no reason to question the original translation at the time I first posted it.

Reading at Refugees made me question a few things, which lead to us getting with Ramm to help us.

So this is for the Refugees.... this should make Prolific happy:

I also want to commend Red and Klaas at Scared Monkeys, they did not take the statement at face value either and worked on a translation too.  I want to thank them and tell them great job.  I found out Red was waiting on a go ahead to post the correct translation when I posted mine, I do not ever want anyone to think that this was a competition to get the correct translation out there, it was just important to me to do so as soon as I could so that I could correct the error I made.  I never meant to upset anyone, I think we work well together and hope that we can continue down that path.

Red, Klass and all the monkeys, this is for you:

I want everyone to know that all I want is the truth to come out, I want Natalee found, I want justice and I want her family to have peace is their lives again.

Julia, to you, I am sorry for the error, but I will still be watching you, as I am sure we all will be doing.   Wink  And if you can help this family, please put aside your feelings and help them just because it is the right thing to do.

To my wonderful BFN family, I love you all, you are all important to this forum and you are all wonderful people.  I was blessed when you all came into my life.  Thank you for the tremendous support you have shown me, I will never forget it or forget you.

To my BFN family, this is for you:

I would like for us all to move on to what is important.... remember we are here for Natalee!

I will eat crow or humble pie if necessary, I am human and make mistakes, but when I realize a mistake has been made I will do my best to rectify it.

And if the glory of any of the goes to anyone, the Glory goes to God.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 01:21:17 AM »

SM correction of the sentance in question:

BFN correction of the entire statement:

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.