April 16, 2024, 04:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #9 7/23/10 - 7/25/10  (Read 261077 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: July 25, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »

Hey Klaas, I'm starting at page 1 of this thread right now. I thought there was a dede posting here. If I remember right, she said she was the daughter of a cop that was also SAR certified. Are they the same person? For some reason I remember her posts being knowledgable & thought out. Maybe it wasn't SM but somewhere else? Blink maybe?
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: July 25, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »

... Tonight I was thinking about this and I am considering perhaps she did leave to take Kyron to a doctors appointment but something went wrong such as she got mad at him for something and just lost it. Maybe he complained because he didn't want to leave because he was having fun. With their not being a solid alibi about where she was that day and she ends up saying she left him at school and she was just driving, it leads me to think it was not planned out. She probably called DeDe for help and she helped her, why else would she (DeDe) not talk to police. ...

I would also think that Kyron's death was either accidental, or a spur of the moment... had she not tried to hire a man to kill her husband within the past year.

I have also thought that post partum depression could've had something to do with her actions for the past year and a half.

But, I then think of her sexting and boinking Michael Cook.

So, I ask myself, "how many PPD sufferers take snapshots of themselves naked, attend the gym on a regular basis, tend to their Facebook farm every four hours, and still has time to have sexual relations with a family friend... just days after her beloved "son" disappeared?

To all this, I would like to interview Michael Cook and find out how is it that their "relationship" started and progressed.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #902 on: July 25, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »

Titch, the easy answer to your question is that citizens are under no obligation to report a crime or to cooperate in the investigation of a crime. So simply knowing something but not telling doesn't make one an accomplice. Now if that person assists in the crime in some way they can become an accomplice. An accomplice before the fact helps plan a crime but not commit the crime. An accomplice in fact helps perpetrate the crime. An accomplice after the fact helps cover up the crime. If guilty all are guilty as if they've committed the underlying crime itself.

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #903 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »

Good morning to all monkeys and guests.

I want to start the day by saying thank you for the wonderful welcome I recieved yesterday. I live in Ohio and the only real updates I find are on this site.  Thank you for all the work the monkeys do on all of the cases; Haliegh, Calee, Kyron, Natalie, Naveah, etc. 

I have three sons, ages 29 to 5 and sometimes the pain and anger I feel at these situations gets overwhelming.  I cannot imagine a friend or a family member I would be willing to cover for.  It seems to me, for someone to do so, they would need to think the life of their friend or family member is worth more than the innocent child or the child's family.   It is a mindset I hope I never come to understand.

Terri
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »

This is the link to the Kyron Horman Discussion Forum that was created from the Kyron Horman Open Discussion on Facebook.  They had a hard time controlling it on Facebook so they opened the forum.

http://khod4kyron.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=kyron&action=display&thread=140&page=2

Anita Kissee (reporter at KATU) was posting on the Facebook site and is now posting in the forum.  Here is her comment about Tom Jones the cousin of DeDe that started posting info over at the GLP website.  She was asked if he was going to do an interview for her.

anitakissee

He 90% agreed to an interview, then said he had to check with family and never called back. My calls were then not returned. He was very loyal to his uncle... Saying DD really looks up to him - daddy's girl. Now that he's involved, cousin does not think she will allegedly interfere anymore. Honestly - everything else he said was hearsay and even he was quick to say was conjecture on his part and would not discuss on TV. He's not that close with her.

On the GLP site, his sister got on there and said nice things about Dede, alot of nice things. Tom's tone was a little different from Laura's (his sister). It sounded to me like he just needed to vent bc it created havoc in his family...those poor people are still probably scrambling to try to make sense of it all. I thought, while I was reading his posts and seeing Laura's posts, that wow the sheriff uncle is well respected (from what I can see) and since he's knowledgable in so many areas (including diving), he's sure to put a gag on the free speech within the family...if not him, then somebody that can get through to them since his daughter is in the middle of it all now. Seems like Dede's dad is on the up & up, in Tom's own words "The Last Boy Scout". Only problem is that if he was part of the search & rescue/recovery. If Dede is involved to the highest extent, & if they find evidence related to Kyron's disappearance in an area being searched again (but the evidence was overlooked), then could that be held against Dede's dad if he was part of the group that searched that same area previously? Jess, do you happen to know? I mean, it could have been overlooked innocently imo. This is ONLY hypothetical, but a question I'm sure many are thinking...so might as well get it out & over with...
Edit- add "if" to post per Titch's request.  MuffyBee
DeDe's dad was not involved in the search according to the Klamoth Sheriff...he's a part time marine SAR.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:24:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: July 25, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »

Hey Klaas, I'm starting at page 1 of this thread right now. I thought there was a dede posting here. If I remember right, she said she was the daughter of a cop that was also SAR certified. Are they the same person? For some reason I remember her posts being knowledgable & thought out. Maybe it wasn't SM but somewhere else? Blink maybe?

I don't remember that but I'll check.  

I checked and there is no member here named DeDe.  Likely a post brought over from another site.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:45:57 AM by klaasend » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »

Rumor is that maybe there will be arrests on Monday prior to the pc on Tuesday.  Also, DD claims they have confirmed a grand jury has been convening on this case so the JURY that cousin Tom was talking about may have been she is going before the GJ.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #907 on: July 25, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

I keep reading about Terri's e-mails that detail a growing hatred for Kyron.  Can anyone clue me in?  I remember in the beginning readin from a site where a retired police detective gave his opinion of what had happened and he pegged Terri pretty quickly.  His opinion was that Kyron "lost his place" in the family.  That has always been my feeling, too.  After the birth of Kiara, Kyron lost his "usefullness" to Terri.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:22 AM »

Titch, the easy answer to your question is that citizens are under no obligation to report a crime or to cooperate in the investigation of a crime. So simply knowing something but not telling doesn't make one an accomplice. Now if that person assists in the crime in some way they can become an accomplice. An accomplice before the fact helps plan a crime but not commit the crime. An accomplice in fact helps perpetrate the crime. An accomplice after the fact helps cover up the crime. If guilty all are guilty as if they've committed the underlying crime itself.

Thanks so much Jess. That's what I thought, but didn't know what the actual rules were regarding such an issue. I know if somebody is raped and there are onlookers, those people can be tried also. But I also know of an instance where somebody witnessed a rape & was upset about it so they texted one of their friends that they trusted just to vent. This person said they should contact the authorities no matter what bc it's the right thing to do, yet they themself sat on this information. Well a few weeks later, people's cell records were pulled & the witness' text informing what happened to his friend that he trusted was brought into evidence. The innocent friend that was only there to hear or read the venting of the crime was supoenaed. He was brought under deep scrutiny for not reporting it himself. I don't know what happened from it with regards to the innocent friend, but I do know he had to go to court & be questioned...against his best wishes. I'm just kinda wondering if that could be some how be compared to what DeDe is experiencing right now.

In reference to DeDe, irregardless of the sexual connotations surfacing the rumor-net, seems as though DeDe was still a decent gal. She seems like she truly believes in Terri's innocence. If she's been online telling all of Terri's friends to not speak to anybody until they lawyer up then maybe she thinks that's the best thing to do bc she thinks Terri is getting railroaded and she doesn't want to see that happen to somebody else. I respect Tony Young and I don;t even know him but to read about his accomplishments, etc. I believe he, Desiree & Kaine are all victims. But in all fairness, for all 3 of them to go to the media & put their slant on what they think Terri has done with/to Kyron, then surely they should not have a problem with deDe doing the same in Terri's defense. Seems to me DeDe has done the same thing as Tony, Desiree & Kaine except on the other end of the spectrum...they are against Terri while DeDe is for Terri. Now, if she's witholding info about Ky's disappearance and they know this bc they're aware of certain technical evidence, then that could be why they're stating things the way they are with regards to DeDe. But something bothers me...Would they know this from a cop, or secondhand info from an acquaintance involved in the gossip mill? I'm sincerely wondering if DeDe is an innocent bystander in all of this, only subjected to scrutiny bc she's Terri's friend. I know about the time lapse when she left in the middle of the job. Surely if Ky's family thinks DeDe's involved somehow then they must know something we don;t know yet. I'm assuming her cell was tracked & all electronic footprints related to DeDe are being supoenaed right now...if not done already. Just sayin'...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: July 25, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

I keep reading about Terri's e-mails that detail a growing hatred for Kyron.  Can anyone clue me in?  I remember in the beginning readin from a site where a retired police detective gave his opinion of what had happened and he pegged Terri pretty quickly.  His opinion was that Kyron "lost his place" in the family.  That has always been my feeling, too.  After the birth of Kiara, Kyron lost his "usefullness" to Terri.

I haven't seen the emails you are referring to. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #910 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »

Rumor is that maybe there will be arrests on Monday prior to the pc on Tuesday.  Also, DD claims they have confirmed a grand jury has been convening on this case so the JURY that cousin Tom was talking about may have been she is going before the GJ.
A grand jury at this point makes little sense to me, unless law enforcement solved thus crime. Otherwise I can't imagine what they would be asking the grand jury to do. But I've been surprised and humbled before so we'll see!

Thank-you JessStar, so the chances of this going on, grand jury, would make little sense at this point in time. I always appreciate your law information 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: July 25, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »

Thank-you, so all this with DeDe could be simple, she could be a victim just by answering say a call from Terri? At this point we don't know what she has or hasn't done. She could be up to her eyeballs in trouble, or she could simply be staying a friend to Terri.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: July 25, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »

I don't remember that but I'll check.  

I checked and there is no member here named DeDe.  Likely a post brought over from another site.

I just checked, too! For some reason I'm thinking it was something like this: dede_le. I googled & binged it...too much stuff to wade through. I also went to boardreader, alot of "other" stuff not pertaining to Kyron. On oregonlive, there's a commenter emmsback - could that stand for Moulton's Back...as in I got M's back!..? just wondering? I'm not into sleuthing people that post on forums bc I consider them fellow posters just like myself, people interested in true crime & want justice for these child victims...but Terri lived through technology vicariously! It is for this reason & this reason alone that now I'm suspecting many things where my mind normally wouldn't otherwise go. I only post on a few forums: here at SM, Blink & WS. I haven't posted on WS in awhile, though...but still a member. OMG, I think it was oregonlive! I'm checking now...
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »

This is the link to the Kyron Horman Discussion Forum that was created from the Kyron Horman Open Discussion on Facebook.  They had a hard time controlling it on Facebook so they opened the forum.

http://khod4kyron.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=kyron&action=display&thread=140&page=2

Anita Kissee (reporter at KATU) was posting on the Facebook site and is now posting in the forum.  Here is her comment about Tom Jones the cousin of DeDe that started posting info over at the GLP website.  She was asked if he was going to do an interview for her.

anitakissee

He 90% agreed to an interview, then said he had to check with family and never called back. My calls were then not returned. He was very loyal to his uncle... Saying DD really looks up to him - daddy's girl. Now that he's involved, cousin does not think she will allegedly interfere anymore. Honestly - everything else he said was hearsay and even he was quick to say was conjecture on his part and would not discuss on TV. He's not that close with her.

On the GLP site, his sister got on there and said nice things about Dede, alot of nice things. Tom's tone was a little different from Laura's (his sister). It sounded to me like he just needed to vent bc it created havoc in his family...those poor people are still probably scrambling to try to make sense of it all. I thought, while I was reading his posts and seeing Laura's posts, that wow the sheriff uncle is well respected (from what I can see) and since he's knowledgable in so many areas (including diving), he's sure to put a gag on the free speech within the family...if not him, then somebody that can get through to them since his daughter is in the middle of it all now. Seems like Dede's dad is on the up & up, in Tom's own words "The Last Boy Scout". Only problem is that if he was part of the search & rescue/recovery. If Dede is involved to the highest extent, & if they find evidence related to Kyron's disappearance in an area being searched again (but the evidence was overlooked), then could that be held against Dede's dad if he was part of the group that searched that same area previously? Jess, do you happen to know? I mean, it could have been overlooked innocently imo. This is ONLY hypothetical, but a question I'm sure many are thinking...so might as well get it out & over with...
Edit- add "if" to post per Titch's request.  MuffyBee
DeDe's dad was not involved in the search according to the Klamoth Sheriff...he's a part time marine SAR.

Thank you so much! What I read was that he was "going back" to assist in the search bc he's SAR certified...so that implied (to me) that he's gone previously (just maybe a foot search & not a dive search). IDK, just throwing it out there. I swear I don;t even remember where I read it. Since this little boy that we know as Kyron went missing, I'm been addicted to the computer & google & bing have become my best friends! My best friend Michelle has been teasing me bc it's summer & all I've done is sit on the computer! I'm a beach girl, everyday in the sun & ocean - my kids are the same way (surfers, even my 8 y/o)...but I can;t pull myself away from here. I'll look for it later, the original reference...if I can even find it. It's probably erroneous for all I know...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:25:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #914 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »

It is way too coincidental that Dede up and leaves THE SAME time that Terri is "aimlessly" driving country backroads.  I think we are going to find that Dede is an accomplice.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »

I do not believe that Kyron had a doctor's appointment.  Kaine was not aware of the "doctor's appointment".  Could it be that the "doctor's appointment" was a cover.  Something else was happening the involved Kyron ... something else that only Terri knows.

My mind keeps going back to the area where Jim Kelley made his observation ... where Kyron friend ... Kurtis ... resides.  I think it all ties in.

Could it be that Terri took her stepson from the school with the pretense of taking him to the doctor but ... the intention of returning him following his "doctor's appointment"?

Think about it:

1.  The jacket and backpack were left at the school.
2.  There was the talent show which Kyron was a participant.
3.  Terri was planning on taking the science project home.

Is it possible that Kyron's death was not intentional?  Could Terri ... in a panic ... fearing the legal consequences ... fearing Kaine's response ...  have contacted her good friend to assist in some capacity in covering up an act of wrongdoing?

Could it be that at this point Terri made the decision that she would claim she had left Kyron at school that morning and ... insist the teacher must have misunderstood her in regards to the date of the doctor's appointment?

I just cannot comprehend Spicher being a participant with Terri in the disappearing or harming of Kyron but ... assisting a friend in covering up an unintentional death ... an unintention death that resulted through wrongdoing ... maybe.

Janet

+++++++

SPICHER'S LANDSCAPING CUSTOMER

Investigators put pressure on Terri Moulton Horman's friends, including DeDe Spicher
Published: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 7:50 PM
Updated: Friday, July 23, 2010, 9:48 AM

Detectives learned that Spicher, who shares Terri Horman's passion for fitness and gardening, was doing gardening work for a Northwest Portland homeowner on June 4. She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

Another person working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and the homeowner called Spicher on her cell phone but she wasn't reachable. Detectives have questioned both the homeowner and the other person who was working at the home that day.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

KAINE, DESIREE AND TONY

Letter from Kyron's parents, stepfather

"We have been briefed by law enforcement on the most recent developments in Kyron’s case.  We have been informed that they have identified a person that has been in close communication with Terri Moulton Horman since Kyron went missing and her name is DeDe Spicher.  She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son.  Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well.  We implore DeDe Spicer (sic) to come forward and cooperate with the investigators in any way that they need in order to assist us in finding our son.  We will state further that if we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.

"We as a family cannot understand how anyone can look at Kyron’s smiling face, having information and choose not to help bring him home.  Please remember what this is about, it’s about bringing a wonderful little boy back to his family.

"Desiree, Tony, and Kaine"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

DESIREE YOUNG

Q&A with Kyron Horman family touches on polygraph tests, day boy disappeared
Published: Monday, July 05, 2010, 11:11 PM
Updated: Tuesday, July 06, 2010, 6:30 AM

Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor's appointment?

"There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/horman_family_answers_question.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #916 on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »

A grand jury at this point makes little sense to me, unless law enforcement solved thus crime. Otherwise I can't imagine what they would be asking the grand jury to do. But I've been surprised and humbled before so we'll see!

Thank-you JessStar, so the chances of this going on, grand jury, would make little sense at this point in time. I always appreciate your law information 

I should say, though, my opinion is based on the limited information that has been made known to the public.  Law enforcement may very well have sufficient information to convict SOMEONE of a crime.  At that point, they would present the evidence to a GJ to obtain an indictment.  We'll see.  But right now, based on what has been released to the public, we don't even know whether a crime has been committed, let alone what that crime might be.  It could range anywhere from misdemeanor child endangerment to murder. 

Keep in mind that, under typical GJ rules, if the prosecutor presents his/her case and fails to obtain an indictment, game over--the prosecution can't present that crime for indictment again without a court order.  That's why cases are never presented until the investigation is complete, and that's why I'm leaning in the other direction right now.  If the prosecutor were to seek a murder indictment against someone in this case, without having a body, fail to secure an indictment, and then a body is found, a murderer may have been given the proverbial "Get out of Jail Free" card.

The hearing that people are talking about may be a hearing on the contempt motion that was filed against TH for disclosing the motion for the TRO that KH filed in violation of the court's non-disclosure order.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »

Klaas, could you please help me? I don't want to mislead somebody. I'm not sure if I'm remember reading from a comment section of a news station or what, but I just feel it better if maybe we could change what I posted so somebody doesn;t take my word for it. I stated "Only problem is that he was part of the search & rescue/recovery." but I think I should have stated it like this to be on the safe side "Only problem is if he was part of the search & rescue/recovery." Is there any way you could please change that? Here's the posts...my original and then others that quoted my original:

Reply #898 on: July 25, 2010
Reply #904 on: July 25, 2010
Reply #913 on: July 25, 2010
Not Klaas (by any stretch of the imagination, LOL) but I've edited your posts and added "if".  MuffyBee

Thank you Klaas. BTW, I loved the article referencing Scared Monkeys! Seems like a whole paragraph was dedicated to this site!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:29:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: July 25, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »

It is way too coincidental that Dede up and leaves THE SAME time that Terri is "aimlessly" driving country backroads.  I think we are going to find that Dede is an accomplice.
I agree it doesn't look good for DeDe, but I also don't want to accuse her of bad things if she didn't do bad things. I'll admit leaving the job that day when she did and not answering her phone is suspicious to say the least.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: July 25, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »

Keep in mind that, under typical GJ rules, if the prosecutor presents his/her case and fails to obtain an indictment, game over--the prosecution can't present that crime for indictment again without a court order.              Thanks JessStar, I never knew that. You are able to explain things for people like me to understand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.