June 16, 2024, 02:33:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 188432 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2010, 12:46:58 AM »

Interesting article I had not seen....dont know if its been posted and I missed it or not....

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/tag/desiree-young/

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2010, 12:55:11 AM »

I don't think Kaine is controlling the media.  I think LE is controlling what Kaine, Desiree and Tony say and do in the media.

Do you think that LE has a problem with the #1 and #2 newspapers in Oregon...enough to tell Kaine not to talk with those reporters...and, if so, why would Kaine want to go along with that when it's all about Kyron?  (Just asking)

I have no idea what that was all about but I'm not going to speculate.  I don't really know what to think about it.  Don't you think that Desiree and Tony would have some say in it?  I really don't think Kaine is controlling Desiree and Tony and they were at that same PC too.

I agree klaas....
Desiree knows Kaine....she was married to him....Tony is LE....not that it makes them above being fooled, but I just do not think that Kaine is controlling them at all....I think they are probably making alot of decisions together.....JMO

I agree with both of you that Desiree and Tony would certainly have input in what goes out to the press...and...their names were on that last letter to the public, along with Kaine's (the letter about DeDe).

Everything seems so unusual about all of this and I was just curious if we had any idea "why" the LE wouldn't want the #1 and #2 newspapers to have any/all info about Kryon to go out...usually...LE wants what the release to get out to all avenues.

I guess we just don't know "why".

And didn't I read that Kaine said words to the effect about the news reporters for various newspapers: "we don't like the attitude" and "you're not playing with the team"?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »

I don't think Kaine is controlling the media.  I think LE is controlling what Kaine, Desiree and Tony say and do in the media.

Do you think that LE has a problem with the #1 and #2 newspapers in Oregon...enough to tell Kaine not to talk with those reporters...and, if so, why would Kaine want to go along with that when it's all about Kyron?  (Just asking)

I have no idea what that was all about but I'm not going to speculate.  I don't really know what to think about it.  Don't you think that Desiree and Tony would have some say in it?  I really don't think Kaine is controlling Desiree and Tony and they were at that same PC too.

That "ground rules" press conference was definately unusual, and as evidenced by many posters here, it put people off.

It's easy for me to give Kaine a pass on that one.  IIRC, at that time he had just learned that his wife had attempted to have him killed.  His son was still missing, last seen by his wife.  He was aware of failed and bailed polygraphs...by his wife.

It may well be that Kaine knew that members of the press had ferreted out some of this information and were chomping at the bit to ask questions for public consumption that not only could he not answer due to the investigation and preference of LE, but that he simply didn't have answers for as he was still accepting the new reality - and the enormity thereof - of what his life had become.

Add to that a shameful, though not case-related, skeleton or two and I can easily understand the decisions that were made that day.

Finally, I have always held in my mind's eye that strong embrace between Tony and Kaine at the family's first press conference, after Tony spoke first.  I think Tony has been a pillar of strength, not only for Desiree, but also for Kaine.  I trust Tony, I just do.

JMO and only MO.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »

I trust Tony also. 
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2010, 01:13:02 AM »

I trust Tony also. 

Me three!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »

You know I have been thinking about this all night seeing both points of views and trying to rationalize exactly what they were doing and why, not that it is for me to judge them, they are living in a private hell I could not begin to relate with.  With that said TY is a detective and from what little I have read on him a pretty good one.  He knows the in's and outs of things they were about to have to deal with when Kyron vanished and they hit it head on, closed ranks, closed the potential of rumor mill taken over taking the focus off Kyron, Desiree has said from the moment she spoke with Terri things didn't fit, they knew they had a problem from within, imagine if on the drive the couple went over what Terri said, what they knew and he (TY) started making phone calls.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »

Good night monks.....I just cant stop thinking about that lil man....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2010, 01:53:03 AM »

Welcome, sassifrass!  I can't find where DeDe posted that video of the boy and water on her twitter page.

That one definitely sounds like code about where Kyron is!  Maybe it's innocent, but the timing is very disturbing.  June 5, boy+water+dirt=heaven!!!

I read a post where people were talking about the muddy sludge in the river.  I can't remember where it was.

This makes me feel sick!!!! Are you kidding me?????? How unconscious can can this girl get????

1)Kyron goes missing June 4

2)On June 5 why would TH's "BF" tweet about  "boy+water+dirt=heaven!!!" especially if their BF were so devastated?? TH is certainly following tweet's. That would be beyond cruel !!!

3) You wouldn't  tweet at all!!! You would be holding your best friend and the families hand and helping...not being totally unconscious tweeting things (cute or not) that could hurt

If my best friends (or even just someone I know) son went missing I would be frantic/sick/pulling every favor from my sheriff father and all his "posse"...not tweeting about dirt boys and heaven....unless... I was happy or completely stupid

What the....
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »

Re: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #9 7/23/10 -
« Reply #870 on: July 25, 2010, 02:27:32 AM »
Hi Tnmomb! I see you up there...I just read a post of yours on that GLP site. You're such a thoughtful commenter, ya know that? Just wanted to say thanks for keepin' it real. Your caring nature shows through in your posts.

I didn't get to post on the last thread. Thank you for your compliment. It seems I am in very good company here. Incredibly insightful and intuitive women and men (I think). Like you and everyone here I am touched by this boy.
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2010, 02:11:52 AM »

Holy frickin cow! This is an absolute MUST READ & I strongly suggest it's done now...

No flipping wonder DeDe wants to lawyer up before she talks! Stupid 911, stupid MCSO! Stupid stupid stupid uncaring unprofessional idiotic people that shouldn't hold positions paid by local tax paying citizens! Dis anybody that answered any of these calls happen to freakin go to college! Jeesh. God help you Kyron, whereever you are pookie! I'm bringing this here not bc I think it's Ky's sock, but bc of the fallout from the initial 911 call! This is absolutely ridiculous!

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/07/web_exclusive_a_bloody_find_an.html

Web exclusive: A bloody find on Black Butte and a broken system
Published: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 9:21 AM     Updated: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 11:41 AM

Yesssssssssssss I totally agree! 

Kudos to the monkey who had posted the original link to this story, wish now I had read it then.  Read it earlier today when it was posted again, and OMG!!!  I cannot for the LIFE of me understand the seeming ATTITUDE of 911 and sheriff's depts, the hoops they reportedly made him jump thru!  Have you ever seen such before?????????     Kudos to that man who found a small bloody sock .. for pressing forward, despite the seeming roadblocks set up in his path to do so.  I'd have pulled my hair out and been totally bald by the time the sock actually got handed over. 

I should be embarassed to say this, but I know my italian temper - all the comments I post on here I should be ashamed of myself but I swear to GOD I'd have punched somebody in their face over that! No, I'm not even kidding! It's ridiculous...a small child is missing...take the damn call serious already...oh my gosh!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2010, 02:14:33 AM »

I trust Tony also. 

I trust him as well.

It's my opinion that the FBI is guiding the media releases. The family seems to make very purposeful statements.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »

ok...looks like I'm just posting to myself:) I need to go to bed too...This week should be interesting.
Good night smart monkeys.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2010, 02:22:27 AM »

Holy frickin cow! This is an absolute MUST READ & I strongly suggest it's done now...

No flipping wonder DeDe wants to lawyer up before she talks! Stupid 911, stupid MCSO! Stupid stupid stupid uncaring unprofessional idiotic people that shouldn't hold positions paid by local tax paying citizens! Dis anybody that answered any of these calls happen to freakin go to college! Jeesh. God help you Kyron, whereever you are pookie! I'm bringing this here not bc I think it's Ky's sock, but bc of the fallout from the initial 911 call! This is absolutely ridiculous!

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/07/web_exclusive_a_bloody_find_an.html

Web exclusive: A bloody find on Black Butte and a broken system
Published: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 9:21 AM     Updated: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 11:41 AM

Yesssssssssssss I totally agree! 

Kudos to the monkey who had posted the original link to this story, wish now I had read it then.  Read it earlier today when it was posted again, and OMG!!!  I cannot for the LIFE of me understand the seeming ATTITUDE of 911 and sheriff's depts, the hoops they reportedly made him jump thru!  Have you ever seen such before?????????     Kudos to that man who found a small bloody sock .. for pressing forward, despite the seeming roadblocks set up in his path to do so.  I'd have pulled my hair out and been totally bald by the time the sock actually got handed over. 

And then one questions why some people don't get involved? At least this man did everything he could to get involved and help 

Just an FYI - Black Butte is over 3 hours south of Portland so any lack of action by LE has absolutely nothing to do with the LE in the Portland area.

I agree, Klaas, but unfortunately after a multitude of transfers withing the 911 call system, he is finally able to seek help from somebody that directed him to the Tip Line in Portland. He left a detailed message. After he left that message, he called the MCSO and spoke with somebody. As soon as she found out he was calling in reference to this sock & Ky's case, she said she couldn;t talk to him & he had to call the tip line. IMO, that's completely unprofessional. Maybe Black Butte has several hikers a year that suffer injuries, but for this man to find a small sock with splotches of blood on it and not a single soul was able to assist him, it trully leaves me at a loss. Big possibility it wasn;t Kyron's sock, but is it worth it to not follow the correct avenue of evidence discovery? Maybe the sock was lost for a stupid reason, like maybe somebody just threw it out bc it was bloody. But maybe it was lost by somebody that was wounded & struggling in the wilderness there. Or maybe it could be linked to somebody else that's missing in the state of Oregon. With everybody else passing the buck with this dude's call, of all the calls made, I definitely didn;t expect to read that the MCSO did the same thing... It's disheartening. I feel such sadness for little Kyron.

Do you have verification that this is actually what happened? Or do you just have this guy's post? How do we know he's telling the truth?

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2010, 02:25:45 AM »

Scandi - what is your opinion of that article?

Hi Klaas,  It was an interesting look at the law, #1, with a law professor at one end of the spectrum trying to give info to the working officer/dispatcher at the other end of the spectrum, with great difficulty.  You'd think it would have been a no-brainer and it would have been handled the way we expect it should.]

I felt his total frustration as he tried to do the responsible thing, making sure LE received what could have been possible evidence.  Pooled blood on 3 spots of the tiny sock of a child would not IMO be something to disregard so I think he was correct in what he was trying to do.

The article also shows how a system can fail what with protocols and system controls that are in place to weed out calls that are maybe not viable problems for police.  And maybe there are just some officers who are not well trained or are laxidasical in their attitudes.

I am glad the professor carried thru with making sure LE got the evidence, then bringing his experience to the public.

There are 2 thoughts in my mind: 

*  He should have emphasized the two points about the sock that gave it such cause for concern.  I didn't get the feeling from reading the article that he really got that point over to LE.  It wasn't just a bloody sock found on a trail. 

*  His relating the sock to a possible connection to Kyron's case was a stretch IMO, done out of frustration and at that point, to maybe make a point.  The likelihood would be slim at best when one looks at the statistics on abducted children and the distance it was found from the scene of the crime.   It could have been Kyron's sock and might merit doing a simple forensic test to rule it out. 

Above all, Kyron was on his mind.  We all need to be watchers and can't stop just because we might encounter difficulty.  xox

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2010, 02:41:17 AM »

Thank you Scandi & Klaas. Have to get some rest so signing off. My son fractured his arm at wrestling camp this week...getting a hard cast tomorrow. Sad I'm so sick of boys with broken bones that I may just write MOMMY LOVES YOU all over his cast! He's 13, almost 14, so I'm sure he'll appreciate that one! See yas, sleep well everyone!

See you tomoz Titch,  I've been watching the 11pm news and they said they expect some major happenings in the case in the next few days. 

One last thought tonght about what an unusual case this is LE-wise.  Of all the cases I have ever studied in the last 7 years this is the one I would expect to be solved and the victim found sooner than later.   It's because we not only have the finest of many LE teams working in the case.  But we also have 2 family members of persons very close to the case that are LE as well.  How often do we see that? 

Maybe that will be the reason this case is solved soon as it is circled by LE.  I am sure Tony has been a stantion of support for the parents and possibly helped design the strategy they have used.  And I heard Dede's dad's voice on TV, loving for his daughter and yet strong for that which is right to be done.

xox
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2010, 03:02:05 AM »

Where some people see a conspiracy, I see a guy who just wants his kid back.  AND IS COOPERATING WITH LE TO SEE THAT IT HAPPENS.

I agree. I think it's just that simple. He's an ordinary guy thrust into this heartbreaking nightmare, and he's doing the best he can.

tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2010, 03:08:12 AM »

Post from GLP...TH friend? I checked her status and her only GLP friend is Justice P mentioned below who is also pro TH.
A lot of "inside info" unless it's all made up...what do you think/know about this? ok bed for real......

Last Edited by Portlander on 7/26/2010 at 2:55 AM;

"I'm not quoting anybody here because this whole quote thing is becoming nauseating to sift through for anything of substance. Jesus, people, stop quoting, just talk, OK?

From what I've seen here there are only 2 non-family-related people posting here that aren't "Anonymous Cowards", that have a functional brain, Justice P and lalalala. Takes all of 2 minutes to register here, so all of you AC's really need to ID yourselves if you want to do anything other than rant.

I don't know anything more than anyone does here, and can only hope that LE is doing their job. Best as I've been able to ascertain, the gardener who implicated TH in the murder for hire plot is someone she met when she worked with him as a volunteer. HE did not come forward, why? The police went to him because they knew that they had met on a project at the school in the course of their investigation of everyone. He is still in custody. Why? We don't get this information, but is he an illegal immigrant? Why else would he still be in custody? We all know how vilified "these" people are now in the US. Think about what motives he may have to concoct this story. What if the MFH plot is all BS? What MOTIVE then would TH have to kill Kyron or Kaine? At the very least if she hated Kaine's guts, he would still be on the hook for child support for Kiara. If she had Kaine killed, who would have gotten custody of Kyron? Sure wouldn't have been her. None of these scenarios make any sense logically, from what I see. Both her ex's say they can't imagine her doing anything to hurt a child. And Lord knows, James's father, who he now lives with, and the adoptive father, who apparently still is paying child support, should have been the first to trash TH. They did not. Parents who knew her as the volunteer Mom and substitute teacher at Skyline also have not.

Terri and her circle of friends apparently ALL are internet people with tracks to follow. Do any of you truly believe that someone who supposedly posted on CSI websites, etc. would be stupid enough to NOT KNOW that her cell phone records, pings, etc. could be traced?

Cindy PDX, what is your fixation on defending Desiree at the expense of all others? As has been seen and pointed out ad nauseum, there was a lack of tears for all concerned in the early news conferences before Terri was eliminated and judged guilty. Shock does that, pain does that. I'll refrain from further comments on DY, but...just glad to see that you and Tom are OK, despite your histrionics here, apparently he is business savvy."

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:49 AM »

There is something very disturbing in regards to Kaine Horman's ablity to control the media.  In what is perceived as one of greatest democracies in the free world ... it should not have been allowed to happen.  IMO.

Janet

+++++++

IMO Kaine is not controlling the media ... LE is ... maybe through KH, D&TY ... and maybe not.  The only thing that has been sent out that I think maybe wasn't orchestrated by LE was the Intel email ... and I think that was orchestrated by Intel execs.  While trying to portray themselves as the helpful employer ... they also didn't want the media breathing down the throats of either them or their employees.  As I said ... all MO ...

Now could the media have done a more thorough job of investigating KH and the Y's ... probably (and who's to say they haven't but just not reported it yet because of the focus not being on them) .. but to what end when LE's focus is certainly on TH and has been since the beginning. 
Have said it before and JMO from the very first day Kaine has kept very close and anyone close to him from being public, why I don't know, but he has.
Tony Young knows exactly what to and what not to say and reason the statements Desiree read where concise and directed to an individual (Terri) what do you call it mind warfare.  Quit sure Tony either wrote or knew someone to write the statements.
I think that DY and TY actually say and talk way more than Kaine does, he doesn't do the interviews they do.  Like the email they released his name was listed but listed last, out of most likely polite/etiquette.  But that email was written by the same person most likely who wrote the ones DY read.  The email / statement was direct to the point and saying we are coming after you next.
LE most likely does not have any other choice but to share what they know with TY, one professional courtesy and two they can't bullsh*t him....that is JMO<<<
[/b]

BBM
Desiree said that LE told Tony that he would NOT be included in the investigation. Because he is a family member,and because he had to be cleared as a suspect too in the early days, he can't get involved.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »

Good Morning Monkey's and Guest, 

I hope you won't mind me posting this comment. This comment questions why someone would be silent when a little human  being is missing.

My opinion is DDS would get a cut of the IS but not KH.     

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime/4053/comments-newest.html

mykids3 July 26, 2010 at 1:04AM
Follow

I wonder if there was going to be a "pay-off" for DeDe from Terri! Do you think she told DeDe that once she got the insurance money once Kaine was killed off that she would pay her "hush" money? I am really thinking it was a possibility, what other motive would she have to stay quiet for Terri? NO ONE is going to stay quiet in a missing child investigation unless there is a motive!! OR OR...Terri "tricked" DeDe into being involved! Maybe she has "dirt" on DeDe and DeDe is afraid that Terri will put the whole think on her. Snip...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »

Morning Monkeys and guests,

Following Seahorse's link - http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime/4053/comments-newest-2.html

I read several posts about blocks being taken from DD's condo. Has anyone else heard that?
There is a photo here - http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?action=view&current=block.jpg

And I found this post to be very interesting -

patty July 25, 2010 at 10:57PM
Follow

I will try to find that article for you. I know it was when the FBI was at her condo on Thursday.SO if I don;t get back to you ,you canlook up info for that day. I also read somewhere where DeDe sent Kyron's glasses to thepolice with a letter.I will have to look for that too.Sorry, I have started to save things now so I have them.

I had never heard that before, or even suggested that DD could have been the one to send the glasses. I wonder if it holds any truth.

NCSunny

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.