June 16, 2024, 07:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 188511 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2010, 08:23:53 AM »

Search for Kyron Horman: More Questions Than Answers as Mystery Nears Second Month
A Sheriff's Office Statement Says Investigators 'Hope' Kyron Is Still Alive

Post a Comment By MIKE von FREMD and SARAH NETTER
July 26, 2010
After thousands of tips from across the globe, the search for missing Oregon second-grader Kyron Horman wound up this weekend right back where it started -- at his Portland elementary school.

Searchers descended on the property in and around Skyline Elementary School for several hours Saturday even as authorities assured the public that it was part of a routine search and not in response to a specific tip, according to ABC's Portland affiliate KATU.

In a report issued to the media Friday, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office seemed to have little information about the boy's whereabouts, nearly two months after he vanished from the elementary school after an early morning science fair.

"We are continuing to hope Kyron is alive and will proceed under that premise," the Sheriff's Office report read, in response to e-mailed media questions.

Bruce McCain, a retired captain with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, questioned the use of the word "hope" in the statement even though the report also speaks of "significant progress" in the case.

"That is not really good news because what we were hoping for is, 'We have evidence to believe that he is alive,'" he said.

The Sheriff's Office also noted that Kyron's stepmother,Terri Horman, has not spoken with police since she retained a prominent Portland criminal defense attorney several weeks ago.

"It is very possible that there is simply no evidence in this case," Northeastern University professor and criminologist Jack Levin said. "My sense is there may not be a body or blood or crime witnesses and the police were hoping by playing a good cop approach to get a confession from the stepmother. But she hasn't confessed, she lawyered up."

Horman has not been charged in Kyron's disappearance or named a person of interest, but investigators have made it clear they believe she knows more about the case than she has let on.

"She may be innocent," he said. "We don't really know."

Police appear to be pressuring more of Terri Horman's friends.

Two women told KATU this weekend that police questioned them in relation to the case. One of the women said she was given a polygraph test and her home was searched.

Horman has also been pummeled with intense scrutiny, most of it coming from her own family. Her estranged husband Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, has publicly pinned his son's disappearance on her more than once.

Kaine Horman released a scathing statement last week alongside the boy's biological mother, Desiree Young, accusing one of Terri Horman's close friends of helping her orchestrate the boy's disappearance.

DeDe Spicher was identified by law enforcement as a confidante of Terri Horman and, according to Kaine Horman's statement last week, she's not cooperating with investigators.

"She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son," read the family statement, accompanied by a picture of Spicher. "Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well."

The Oregonian reported that Spicher, 43, was spotted by a witness leaving her job for about 90 minutes on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared from his elementary school. She was gone, the paper reported, around the same time the boy is believed to have vanished and that a second witness reported not being able to reach Spicher on her cell phone during that time.

"We implore DeDe Spicher to come forward and cooperate with the investigators," the family's statement continued. "If we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter."

McCain, noted Friday that the continued updates on the investigation that have been coming from Kyron's parents are unusual for a complicated criminal case such as this.

"There's been absolutely silence from this investigative team. Everything we're learning about this is coming from Kaine and the Youngs," he told "Good Morning America."

It could be an orchestrated move by police to increase pressure on Terri Horman, he speculated, or it could indicate a rift between Kyron's family and investigators.

Kaine Horman Refuses to Give Up Hope That Son is Alive
The family's statement comes one day after ABC's Portland affiliate KATU reported that Terri Horman had told Kyron's teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor's appointment, giving the school no reason to expect him back after the science fair that morning.

But Terri Horman has been vague with investigators, the affiliate reported, later telling detective she was referring to the next Friday, June 11.

"Clearly even school children were aware that he was going to the doctor that day and they expected him to be at the doctor that day so now after the fact to say, 'I didn't know it was that day, it was another day' it is weak," former homicide detective C.W. Jensen said.

The school had faced immense scrutiny in the days and weeks after Kryon vanished after Horman told investigators that she last saw Kyron before leaving the fair and only realized he was missing when he didn't get off the bus that afternoon.

"That now gives about a six to seven hour window ? in which no one was concerned about his whereabouts," McCain said, calling the move "carefully orchestrated."

Terri Horman is also being eyed in an alleged murder-for-hire plot in which she allegedly tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine Horman. Kaine Horman quickly filed for divorce and fled the family's home with the couple's 20-month-old daughter. He was granted an emergency restratining order keeping Terri Horman away from him and their little girl.

A judge evicted Terri Horman from the family's home earlier this month.

Terri Horman and her attorney have declined to comment on the allegations made by Kyron's parents. Her lawyer, Stephen Houze, said that his client has been receiving death threats and that the media frenzy surrounding the case has morphed into a "witch hunt."

Police said they've received more than 3,000 tips and the district attorney has subpoenaed 200 sets of records.

Kaine Horman, told "Good Morning America" earlier this month that Terri Horman seemed to change after the birth of their 20-month-old daughter, Kiara.

"She went through some post-partum depression after the birth and her emotional state was more erratic," Horman said.

Young said she didn't believe Terri Horman from the beginning when she called to tell her that Kyron went missing from his elementary school.

"There was just certain details that just didn't make any sense that gave me that sick to my stomach feeling," Young said.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-horman-nears-month-questions-answers/story?id=11249574

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »

Morning Monkeys and guests,

Following Seahorse's link - http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime/4053/comments-newest-2.html

I read several posts about blocks being taken from DD's condo. Has anyone else heard that?
There is a photo here - http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?action=view&current=block.jpg

And I found this post to be very interesting -

patty July 25, 2010 at 10:57PM
Follow

I will try to find that article for you. I know it was when the FBI was at her condo on Thursday.SO if I don;t get back to you ,you canlook up info for that day. I also read somewhere where DeDe sent Kyron's glasses to thepolice with a letter.I will have to look for that too.Sorry, I have started to save things now so I have them.

I had never heard that before, or even suggested that DD could have been the one to send the glasses. I wonder if it holds any truth.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

I don't think Kaine is controlling the media.  I think LE is controlling what Kaine, Desiree and Tony say and do in the media.

Do you think that LE has a problem with the #1 and #2 newspapers in Oregon...enough to tell Kaine not to talk with those reporters...and, if so, why would Kaine want to go along with that when it's all about Kyron?  (Just asking)

I have no idea what that was all about but I'm not going to speculate.  I don't really know what to think about it.  Don't you think that Desiree and Tony would have some say in it?  I really don't think Kaine is controlling Desiree and Tony and they were at that same PC too.

My thoughts are that Kaine, Desiree and Tony have been doing exactly what LE requested.  If you look at the timing of that interview it was right before the LS was to participate in the sting.  I think LE got wind of the fact that both the Oregonian and WW had found out about the LS guy and being so close to the time for the sting did not want any questions about the LS surfacing.   Just my opinion...because after the sting  Blink, the Oregonian, WW broke the story of the LS.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

KIRO TV in Seattle will be reporting on the disappearance of Kyron in ten minutes.

Janet
6:50 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

KIRO TV in Seattle will be reporting on the disappearance of Kyron in ten minutes.

Janet

Good morning Janet.  Thank you. 
Will you report back on what was said?

REMINDER - DATELINE tonight @ 10:00 p. m. est. will be covering Kyron's case and interviewing Kaine, Tony and Desiree.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »

Dogs can track a scent through air, snow, water, mud, and even ash.

http://www.dqpestcontrol.com/detectiondog.html

Tracking dogs follow a biochemical trail of dead skin cells, sweat, odor molecules, and gases.

For dogs, a scent article is like a three-dimensional odor image that is much more detailed than a photograph is for a human.

snip..

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »

Following Seahorse's link - http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime/4053/comments-newest-2.html

I read several posts about blocks being taken from DD's condo. Has anyone else heard that?
There is a photo here - http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?action=view&current=block.jpg

Follow

I will try to find that article for you. I know it was when the FBI was at her condo on Thursday.SO if I don;t get back to you ,you canlook up info for that day. I also read somewhere where DeDe sent Kyron's glasses to thepolice with a letter.I will have to look for that too.Sorry, I have started to save things now so I have them.

I had never heard that before, or even suggested that DD could have been the one to send the glasses. I wonder if it holds any truth.

NCSunny,

The man didn't have gloves on when toting the Brick?  They got something on DDS or else KH & DY wouldn't have permission
of "implying a accomplice" on the Presser last week.  I am curious if LE gave them a green light to shake things up?   Confused

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

Janet

Good morning Janet.  Thank you. 
Will you report back on what was said?

REMINDER - DATELINE tonight @ 10:00 p. m. est. will be covering Kyron's case and interviewing Kaine, Tony and Desiree.

Thank-you, Janet!

http://www.kirotv.com/index.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »

My thoughts are that Kaine, Desiree and Tony have been doing exactly what LE requested.  If you look at the timing of that interview it was right before the LS was to participate in the sting.  I think LE got wind of the fact that both the Oregonian and WW had found out about the LS guy and being so close to the time for the sting did not want any questions about the LS surfacing.   Just my opinion...because after the sting  Blink, the Oregonian, WW broke the story of the LS.

Good Morning Gypsy

According to this release on MCSO website ... LE are not working with Desiree and Kaine in their media campaign in a desperate attempt to bring their son home.

I do not doubt that all that Desiree and Kaine reveal in their statements/ interviews cannot be disputed ... is a reflection of the truth.

However ... I also believe that there is a lot that is not being reveal ... a lot that would provide an explanation ... not justification ... of why Terri developed such an intense hatred for Kaine in the time period following the birth of Kiara ... such an intense hared for Kaine that she would attempt to have him murdered ... such an intense hatred for Kaine that she would disappear his beloved son ... his son that photos and testimonies of other ... even Kaine ... reflect Terri's devotion.

Janet

++++++

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS NO COMMENTS REGARDING THE JULY 8, 2010 YOUNG/HORMAN PRESS CONFERENCES
Posted: July 8th, 2010 6:48 PM

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences.   The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.  This is an ongoing investigation. ....

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

Kaine Horman: "Terri was a good person when we first met"
Posted on July 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Updated today at 1:56 PM

In his response to questions from KGW, Kaine acknowledged that people have commented about 'how could he marry a woman like this' and how could he 'not see this coming.'

In response, he wrote: "Terri was a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did."

"Honestly everyone, including myself, that knew her or knows her did not see this coming. She was not the type of person we are seeing right now," added Kaine Horman.

"There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-was-a-good-person-when-we-first-met-98620944.html

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

According to friends and family, the Hormans are a tight-knit, loving family that enjoys doing things together.

They play board games, go bowling with friends and take trips. In 2009, they visited Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Late last year they went to the Roloff Farm in Helvetia where the reality TV show "Little People, Big World" is filmed. And recently, they peered at the animals at the Oregon Zoo.

Terri volunteered at Skyline School, where Kyron was in second grade, and she took him to swimming lessons with James and with Kiara.

"They're very nice people," said Adam Farber, who runs a swimming school and taught Kyron to swim and worked on strokes with James. Farber had no idea until he went missing that Kyron was Terri's stepchild. "They all fit in really well." ....

Family and friends say she is a focused mom.

"She's a pretty attentive mom," said Tarver, her first husband.

Her second spouse, Richard Ecker, has kind words to say about her as well: "She was always a gifted teacher. She did as much for the school and the kids as she could."

He couldn't imagine his ex-wife doing anything to harm a child.

"She would never hurt a child," he said. "She's not wired that way."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »

KIRO TV - SEATTLE

The report on Kyron Horman is coming up following the break.

Janet
7:20 AM PT

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2010, 10:30:48 AM »

I think they just said on the Today show that they were going to interview Kryon's stepdad Tony
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »

KIRO TV - SEATTLE

The report on Kyron Horman is coming up following the break.

Janet
7:20 AM PT

The report was just an short overview of what is already out there ... what Monkeys already have knowledge of.

There was a very cute video clip of Kiara dancing and clapping at what appeared to be an event at Kyron's school.

There was also a video clip of Kyron at a school event.  What a sweetie!  He is sure his father's son in appearance.

There was a reminder of the press conference that will take place tomorrow.

I am looking forward to the Dateline special that will be aired this evening.

Janet

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »

Thanks Janet
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »

Welcome, sassifrass!  I can't find where DeDe posted that video of the boy and water on her twitter page.

That one definitely sounds like code about where Kyron is!  Maybe it's innocent, but the timing is very disturbing.  June 5, boy+water+dirt=heaven!!!

I read a post where people were talking about the muddy sludge in the river.  I can't remember where it was.

This makes me feel sick!!!! Are you kidding me?????? How unconscious can can this girl get????

1)Kyron goes missing June 4

2)On June 5 why would TH's "BF" tweet about  "boy+water+dirt=heaven!!!" especially if their BF were so devastated?? TH is certainly following tweet's. That would be beyond cruel !!!

3) You wouldn't  tweet at all!!! You would be holding your best friend and the families hand and helping...not being totally unconscious tweeting things (cute or not) that could hurt

If my best friends (or even just someone I know) son went missing I would be frantic/sick/pulling every favor from my sheriff father and all his "posse"...not tweeting about dirt boys and heaven....unless... I was happy or completely stupid

What the....

Again I am not trying to be picky and I certainly do not mean to offend anyone.

In my very strong opinion, it was Rosemont Farms that posted the bolded and NOT Dede.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8304.80

# Boy + Water + Dirt = Heaven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMSNyGr_Ce8 Saturday, June 05, 2010 8:49:48 PM via web (That isn't even the name of the video)

This is from Rosemont Farms twitter, meaning Rosemont Farms tweeted it:

Boy + Water + Dirt = Heaven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMSNyGr_Ce8 Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:49:48 PM via web

NOTICE the time..The person that posted the 8:49:48 must be on the west coast, I am on the east coast so Rosemont Farms tweet shows as 11:49:48 when I look at her tweets. I doubt that both Rosemont Farms and Dede posted the exact same thing at the exact same time IMO.

Also, I have read all of Dede's tweets, TH is never mentioned, Kaine is never mentioned, Kyron (other than being missing and she knows the family in response to Rosemont Farms on June 4th) is never mentioned, Kiara is never mentioned.

I can not find TH as having a twitter account, she might have and I just can't find it, but I don't see TH in any of Dede's tweets.

I am not defending Dede or anyone for that matter. They are adults and can fend for themselves, just trying to keep the record straight.

I have a copy of Rosemont Farms and Dede's twitter if anyone would like a copy, email Ospainter@gmail.com. They are in word doc. Just keep in mind the "times" showing are East coast time not West (when they actually would have been posted.)

Hope this helps.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »

I agree OS, it was nothing but a cute and innocent video with a little boy enjoying water and mud. And there are two other videos this little boy's mom also posted.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

Good Morning OS

Your are on a roll.  I am thankful for all research that go beyond media updates ... media updates that I am stuck on.

Janet

_____

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:04 AM »

Follow

I don't know anything about the glasses but I am pretty sure the cinder block is from Kerry Sama-Rubio's house not Dede's condo, for some reason the media kept showing the movers at Kerry's house leading someone to think it was FBI. iirc, the FBI was at Kerry's house the week before and gone by the time media got there.

OS

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2010, 11:17:56 AM »

I agree OS, it was nothing but a cute and innocent video with a little boy enjoying water and mud. And there are two other videos this little boy's mom also posted.

TY, I agree also.

OS

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »

Follow

I don't know anything about the glasses but I am pretty sure the cinder block is from Kerry Sama-Rubio's house not Dede's condo, for some reason the media kept showing the movers at Kerry's house leading someone to think it was FBI. iirc, the FBI was at Kerry's house the week before and gone by the time media got there.

OS

Thank-you, OS!

Where can I find one of those "Monkey Thinking Caps"?  LOL.  I need a thinking cap. There is Doo Doo on DDS, but what?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: July 26, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

The Doctor's Appointment

July 26, 2010
Arrest Imminent in Kyron Horman Search?

On "The Early Show" Monday, Bruce McCain, former captain of the Multnomah County Sheriff's office, who just retired last year, appeared on the broadcast to offer his insights into the handling of the case.

"Early Show" co-anchor Erica Hill asked McCain about new reports that Terri Horman told her stepson's teachers that he had a doctor's appointment later that day.

Terri Horman reportedly said she alerted them to the appointment that would happen that following Friday.

McCain said this report is "quite significant" because the day Kyron disappeared was the last day of school.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/26/earlyshow/main6713605.shtml

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.