June 16, 2024, 05:22:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 188483 times)
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #620 on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/26/kyron-horman-update-clarifying-stepmoms-entry-into-the-family/

Kyron Horman Update: Clarifying Stepmom’s Entry Into the Family

With news blowing up today in courtroom action surrounding missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, tonight’s episode of Dateline NBC promises to cover the case in a much more personal direction.

The TV news magazine boasts it will take viewers “inside the family circle” to explore relations among Kyron’s relatives, who include father Kaine Horman, biological mother Desiree Young and stepmom Terri Moulton Horman.

One of the subjects that could very well come up on Dateline is how Terri Moulton Horman joined the family. She married Kaine Horman in 2007. It’s been reported elsewhere that Terri was a friend of Young’s who moved in with Kaine Horman to help take care of Kyron. But when Kaine Horman and Young sat down with WW earlier this month, they said they wanted to set the record straight on that point.

They said Young had custody of Kyron when Terri Moulton moved in with Kaine Horman.

“We were never friends,” Young said. “I didn’t meet her until after she moved in with Kaine.”

Both Kaine Horman and Young told WW that misinformation in the media had come from Terri Moulton Horman and her friends.

(snipped)

Os

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »

what I am wondering is this... if they have to have a fed grand jury if this involves another state, then we will know there is something going on in another state?  or at least something federal..

but if they are across state line do they HAVE to use a fed grand jury?  or can they still us a state one?  that is my question.. I guess I will have to go look this up and see.. just wondered if anyone else knows...

remember portland is really the same place as van couver washington, you just cross the river/state line... its right there.  so would be easy to be across the state line and everything become federal. 
And that is what I'm trying to fit in that time line, the one where she was driving around while soothing the baby, but don't think that would be enough time to cross into Washington state, or would there be time to do so?

well lets see how far it is....

one of the places she was at supposedly ... was a store and that is pretty much close to raleigh hills oregon, so lets use that and then go to van couver wa

Driving directions to Raleigh Hills, OR
14.6 mi – about 21 mins
Suggested routes

Vancouver, WA 

1. Head west on E 4th Plain Blvd  0.1 mi
2. Slight right to merge onto I-5 S toward Portland
Entering Oregon  6.7 mi
3. Take exit 302B for I-405 W/US-30 W toward Beaverton/St Helens  0.6 mi
4. Merge onto I-405 S/US-30 W
Continue to follow I-405 S  1.7 mi
5. Take exit 1D to merge onto US-26 W toward Beaverton  2.7 mi
6. Take exit 71B toward Sylvan  0.2 mi
7. Turn left at SW Skyline Blvd (signs for Raleigh Hills)  276 ft
8. Slight right at SW Scholls Ferry Rd  2.7 mi
9. Turn right  157 ft

Raleigh Hills, OR

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: July 26, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »

oooops was not done

so she also has to come back... so twice that time... so she could go over there and back... then she has to get back to her house also... so not sure...let me look more at this..

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: July 26, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »

oh wait, she goes to the gym after that, so has to leave the store, go to van couver, come back and get to the gym... so yes, if she just drove straight over and dropped off kyron she could get back to the gym... can't she?  someone else take a look.. I am thinking so, but I need to really detail this out more to see for sure

To find me:
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: July 26, 2010, 09:10:13 PM »

I think if she earned the money after the filing of divorce it is not jconsidered oint assests. She is not on the house and she could not use his credit but given they were married his credit is her credit and vice versa. Maybe he is wondering if she cashed in some stock or her half of a retirement fund?

There aren't too many ways she could have earned $350,000 after the divorce - unless she's made deals with news outlets as we've speculated.

If, it's true she tried to put out a hit on her husband and if it's true she is implicated in Kyron's disappearance I don't think it would be a stretch for
her to try to obtain funds from Kaine's and or marital assets legally or otherwise. 

Yea I suppose she could have sold the rights, wrong for her to do, wrong, wrong, wrong, but it is not illegal right? For what purpose would disclosing this be used for? More pressure on her I suppose and if so I hope it works. Although I am not sure what good it does to know if she sold the rights, it doesn't necessarily make her guilty of anything and some would say she needed a way to defend herself. Kaine has taken control over all the money since he was the one with a paycheck and she is left with no money. Would I do that if I was in his shoes, you better bet I would. However I am not sure what is the usefullness of this information in the scope of things.

I agree with you Tracy.
Kaine is trying to ensure that his assets are protected and that somewhere down the road he won't be liable for this $350,000.  Think he is trying to squeeze her. 
Selling pic.'s is not illegal no, as long as the images belong to the seller. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #625 on: July 26, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

oh wait, she goes to the gym after that, so has to leave the store, go to van couver, come back and get to the gym... so yes, if she just drove straight over and dropped off kyron she could get back to the gym... can't she?  someone else take a look.. I am thinking so, but I need to really detail this out more to see for sure
I am dreadful with maps and mileage  but just looking at the map it sure didn't seem that far to me. But I am not a good judge of mileage.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #626 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:28 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99262529.html

Kaine documents: Terri paid $350,000 to retain her attorney

PORTLAND, Ore. – Kaine Horman, the father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, filed paperwork Monday with Multnomah County to seek money from his estranged wife, Terri Horman, to pay for his mounting legal bills.

According to court documents dated July 26, Terri Horman has "tendered payment of $350,000 to her attorney Stephen Houze for her legal representation."

We do not know if that money has actually been paid to Houze, a Portland-based criminal defense attorney. Court documents however allege Terri "has indicated in a written communication to a third party" that she paid that amount.

Kaine's attorney said Terri Horman "should be required to immediately disclose the source and amount of such funds."

Portland-based child custody attorney Laura Rackner, who represented Kaine in Monday's filing, also wrote in court documents that if Terri borrowed the money, and if that loan is considered a marital liability, then the cash should be considered a shared marital asset. That, said Rackner, would make Terri Horman responsible for giving half of the $350,000 to Kaine Horman for his "attorney fees and costs."

Meanwhile, Rackner said Kaine "does not have sufficient income or resources to pay for these legal services and meet his other financial obligations for the children and himself."

If Terri contests the motion, then Kaine's attorney asks that Terri pay his attorney fees for filing the motion.

Meanwhile, investigators and a grand jury continue to gather evidence.

A Multnomah County grand jury investigating the disappearance on Monday subpoenaed Terri Horman's close friend DeDe Spicher.

Spicher's attorney, Chad Stavely, said Spicher was asked no questions but told to return, possibly within a few weeks.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Norm Frink declined to comment.

(snipped)

last couple paragraphs are interesting. But coming from a def. attorney.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »

Please forgive me as I haven't looked into this: Is Oregon a DP state, and if so, is Houze DP certified? Another question: Regarding the $350G, why would Terri have to put up that much unless she knew representing her would cost a fortune & be lengthy? Last question: Certain media network parent companies are anti-DP. I'd look right there to figure out how she came up with that kind of money. Hell, maybe the money didn't even touch her hands. Maybe a deal was cut with a certain news network in NYC selling photo rights. Maybe Terri gave Houze a notarized legal letter entitling him to locked-in authorized promised funds with the release of certain photo & video rights. Everybody loves CNN's Nancy Grace sooo much but seriously who's made more money off of Caylee's photos & videos than CNN? News shows say they don't pay money for photo rights. The Today Show says they don't pay for photo rights. People just don't look too far into it bc they assume they're telling the truth. Well here's what I know: Certain news programs can legally say they don't pay for photos & interviews bc it's their parent companies that do so. It's not that they have to cut a check all the time. They can pay with cutbacks. They can pay with toys & gadgets. They can pay with vacations, meals. They could legally say they didn't pay the suspected criminal bc the funds could have been funneled directly to her lawyer to pay for legal fees. When some of these mama companies are anti-dp advocates, they could send the money for the photorights directly to a group supporting anti-dp & that non-profit group could funnel the money to the criminal defense attorney. This is what I think happened with Casey. This is how I think her dream team was comprised. I'm curious if a forensic scientist is in the works yet, or would they wait til a body is found?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: July 26, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/DeDe-Spicher-testifies-before-grand-jury-99252004-kyron-horman-missing-portland.html

Spicher atty. would be 'surprised' if Terri not arrested in Kyron case

by kgw.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Updated today at 6:14 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Moulton-Horman, appeared before a grand jury Monday in Multnomah County as part of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of her step-son Kyron Horman.

Spicher's attorney told NBC Dateline that he would be "surprised" if Terri was not arrested in the case.

Grand jury proceedings are not open to the public or the media, so it was unknown exactly what Spicher said. However, her attorney did confirm that Spicher was subpoenaed to testify. She did not give any testimony under oath Monday.

Reliable sources told KGW that Spicher was doing gardening work not far from the Horman family home in Northwest Portland on the day Terri's step-son, 7-year-old Kyron Horman, disappeared from Skyline Elementary. Spicher reportedly left where she was working at 11:15 a.m. on June 4 and returned around 1 p.m.

NBC Dateline was set to air a special edition about the case 10 p.m. Monday.

Spicher's attorney Chad Stavley told NBC Dateline Monday that Spicher had been, and planned to keep, cooperating with investigators.

"I would be, frankly, surprised if Terri Horman did not eventually face charges in this case," Stavley said. "I'd be surprised if the indictment didn't come down."

The person who owns the house where Spicher lives, who was cooperating with investigators, told police that she called Spicher on her cell phone but she didn't answer, the source told KGW. A person who was working with Spicher, who was also cooperating with investigators, told them of trying to unsuccessfully find Spicher. Both people have told investigators they have no idea where Spicher was during that period of time.

Sources told KGW that police searched Spicher's home last week. Spicher has known Terri and Kaine for about seven years. Last week, Kyron's parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young issued a public plea for Spicher to cooperate with police, threatening a possible civil suit if she refused.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: July 26, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »

I am dreadful with maps and mileage  but just looking at the map it sure didn't seem that far to me. But I am not a good judge of mileage.

I don't know where the store or the gym were located, but the cities are very close together.  You drive on the freeway from Portland to Vancouver, and unless you see the state sign, you don't realize you have crossed a state line. My son lived in Vancouver, and worked in Portland.  He commute from his home to work was about 25 minutes. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: July 26, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »

Well there you have it--I've been humbled!     So there is an Investigative Grand Jury empaneled.  Very interesting.  LE must have A LOT more than what we can even imagine to go that route. 

Nice word DD--you indeed have a reliable source!

Jess no one here would ever think of you in any type of negative light, ever. We all value your input and opinion, (even when we disagree).

And I agree. I Love Jess' posts. Jess, you're incredibly informative and explain things very well for so many of us to understand... Thank you.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

Does anyone know why a person would be called to a GJ and not answer questions?
Does this mean Dede pled the 5th or the panel did not have any questions to ask of her?

tia

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »

PORTLAND, Ore. – Kaine Horman, the father of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, filed paperwork Monday with Multnomah County to seek money from his estranged wife, Terri Horman, to pay for his mounting legal bills.

According to court documents dated July 26, Terri Horman has "tendered payment of $350,000 to her attorney Stephen Houze for her legal representation."

We do not know if that money has actually been paid to Houze, a Portland-based criminal defense attorney. Court documents however allege Terri "has indicated in a written communication to a third party" that she paid that amount.

Kaine's attorney said Terri Horman "should be required to immediately disclose the source and amount of such funds."

Portland-based child custody attorney Laura Rackner, who represented Kaine in Monday's filing, also wrote in court documents that if Terri borrowed the money, and if that loan is considered a marital liability, then the cash should be considered a shared marital asset. That, said Rackner, would make Terri Horman responsible for giving half of the $350,000 to Kaine Horman for his "attorney fees and costs."

Meanwhile, Rackner said Kaine "does not have sufficient income or resources to pay for these legal services and meet his other financial obligations for the children and himself."

If Terri contests the motion, then Kaine's attorney asks that Terri pay his attorney fees for filing the motion.

A Multnomah County grand jury investigating the disappearance on Monday subpoenaed Terri Horman's close friend DeDe Spicher.

Spicher's attorney, Chad Stavely, said Spicher was asked no questions but told to return, possibly within a few weeks.

(snipped)

OS

Well, that's weird. In the news video on http://www.kgw.com/ the reporter said "her testimony was given under oath."

And her attorney said, "she was subpoenaed" ..."to solicit information from her."

So what did she do today in that approximate hour with the GJ?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: July 26, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »

I think if she earned the money after the filing of divorce it is not jconsidered oint assests. She is not on the house and she could not use his credit but given they were married his credit is her credit and vice versa. Maybe he is wondering if she cashed in some stock or her half of a retirement fund?

There aren't too many ways she could have earned $350,000 after the divorce - unless she's made deals with news outlets as we've speculated.

If, it's true she tried to put out a hit on her husband and if it's true she is implicated in Kyron's disappearance I don't think it would be a stretch for
her to try to obtain funds from Kaine's and or marital assets legally or otherwise. 

They have only been married for 3 years.  Kaine purchased the home just before they got married and she was never put on the deed. I'm not sure what marital assets they will actually have.  Maybe Kaine's 401K but she would not be able to access any of that without Kaine's approval or court order.

Terri and Kaine have lived together since 2004 ... three years  prior to getting married.  I do believe a legal challenge would reveal that Terri is entitled to 50% of the value of the home and ... 50% of all assets accumulated in that period.

Unless Terri is convicted of the MFH plot and/or the disappearance of Kyron ... why should a stay-at-home mom of six years walk away without a penny just because her husband has all assets in his name.  It does not make sense.

Janet

+++++++

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced.  Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Terri brought her son, James, now 16, from her first marriage[/color].

Two months after leaving for Canada, Desiree returned to the United States with $30,000 in medical bills. To get back on her feet, she moved in with her family in Medford, who helped support her.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

After Desiree returned to Oregon, Terri and Kaine stayed under the same roof while he worked at Intel and she cared for the kids. What started as a caregiving relationship blossomed.

In April 2007, they got married. Looking buff in their bathing suits, they said their vows in a small ceremony on a shimmering beach in Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #634 on: July 26, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »

I don't know where the store or the gym were located, but the cities are very close together.  You drive on the freeway from Portland to Vancouver, and unless you see the state sign, you don't realize you have crossed a state line. My son lived in Vancouver, and worked in Portland.  He commute from his home to work was about 25 minutes. 
Thank-you, so it is very likely she could have gone to Washington, was not aware how close Portland was to there.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: July 26, 2010, 09:41:58 PM »

okay it is a county grand jury... so that is also interesting

but I still think the hypothetical cross the state line is something to keep in mind...

now, can a county grand jury here a case that has to do with crossing the line?  let me go look

To find me:
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »

(snipped)

OS

I agree OS.  It does not make sense.  Nothing makes sense in this case.

The focus is no longer on Kyron.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #637 on: July 26, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »

They have only been married for 3 years.  Kaine purchased the home just before they got married and she was never put on the deed. I'm not sure what marital assets they will actually have.  Maybe Kaine's 401K but she would not be able to access any of that without Kaine's approval or court order.

Terri and Kaine have lived together since 2004 ... three years  prior to getting married.  I do believe a legal challenge would reveal that Terri is entitled to 50% of the value of the home and ... 50% of all assets accumulated in that period.

Unless Terri is convicted of the MFH plot and/or the disappearance of Kyron ... why should a stay-at-home mom of six years walk away without a penny just because her husband has all assets in his name.  It does not make sense.

Janet

+++++++

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced.  Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Terri brought her son, James, now 16, from her first marriage[/color].

Two months after leaving for Canada, Desiree returned to the United States with $30,000 in medical bills. To get back on her feet, she moved in with her family in Medford, who helped support her.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

After Desiree returned to Oregon, Terri and Kaine stayed under the same roof while he worked at Intel and she cared for the kids. What started as a caregiving relationship blossomed.

In April 2007, they got married. Looking buff in their bathing suits, they said their vows in a small ceremony on a shimmering beach in Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

My brother lived with his girlfriend for a year in an apartment and then he bought a house.  The house was in his name and they later married.  When they divorced she was not entitled to any proceeds from the sale of the home.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #638 on: July 26, 2010, 09:44:26 PM »

Jonesr(OP)
User ID: 1049550
United States
7/26/2010 7:21 PM

Well I hope noone gets too disapointed in me but......
Fox news bush wacked me at my house, I've never been one to cower in the face of confrontation.
I gave the interview off camera and just told my version of what kind of person dede is. There was no sneeky questions or bullshit.
Basically said people just need to step back and let the system work,
dede is a good person and has never been in any trouble before this.
I didn't go looking for fame, you won't see my face, just a shadow.
I feel compeld to say something good about her to the world, I love her.
I was working all day so I did not see the court house clip of her leaving or the smile. But I will say this.
Dede always has a smile on her face, I don't think she has ever had much of a reason to scoul. A frown doesn't fit her face.
Ever met someone who glares all the time? It fits their face.
Dedes smile fits her face.
So all the conjecture and speculation is ok but look at it like this,
if she walked out of there with a half grin/smile and was coming across as smug, maybe she feels you are all going to look like fools when you get the story.
At least I hope that was it.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1141412/pg38

Thanks Klaas, On the news tonight they said the GJ told Dede they might have her back in a couple of weeks to question her.  I also read in an article from today that there might be one to two upcoming arrests.  I doubt Dede would be one of those arrested if the GJ made that statement about calling her back in 2 weeks, do you?  zoz
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »

Thank-you, so it is very likely she could have gone to Washington, was not aware how close Portland was to there.

it is likely someone might think she went there.. it is very likely is it possible she did so

To find me:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.