June 16, 2024, 02:50:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 188440 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: July 27, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »

I believe it has been an eventful day in the Kyron Hormon case.

I am about to get ready for bed ... make a potta green tea and ... watch the Dateline special at 10:00 PM.

Thanks again Monkeys for all the updates and insights.

Good Night

Janet
9:05 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: July 27, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »

Desiree was asked by Snow if she pulled away from Terri during the press conf. when Terri put her arm around her.

Desiree said it made her feel very uncomfortable - Terri's (not sure if caressing was the word she used...something like that)all over her and she (Desiree) being her husbands ex wife.  It felt weird to her.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: July 27, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »

well 3 people's houses were searched so maybe we will see if the others are called back in 2 weeks like the say dede might be... this is just weird.. so if the others aren't told the same thing, then we have to wonder why dede is suppose to maybe go back in 2 weeks. 

when is the press conference tomorrow?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: July 27, 2010, 12:10:41 AM »

I think if she earned the money after the filing of divorce it is not jconsidered oint assests. She is not on the house and she could not use his credit but given they were married his credit is her credit and vice versa. Maybe he is wondering if she cashed in some stock or her half of a retirement fund?

There aren't too many ways she could have earned $350,000 after the divorce - unless she's made deals with news outlets as we've speculated.

If, it's true she tried to put out a hit on her husband and if it's true she is implicated in Kyron's disappearance I don't think it would be a stretch for
her to try to obtain funds from Kaine's and or marital assets legally or otherwise. 

They have only been married for 3 years.  Kaine purchased the home just before they got married and she was never put on the deed. I'm not sure what marital assets they will actually have.  Maybe Kaine's 401K but she would not be able to access any of that without Kaine's approval or court order.

Terri and Kaine have lived together since 2004 ... three years  prior to getting married.  I do believe a legal challenge would reveal that Terri is entitled to 50% of the value of the home and ... 50% of all assets accumulated in that period.

Unless Terri is convicted of the MFH plot and/or the disappearance of Kyron ... why should a stay-at-home mom of six years walk away without a penny just because her husband has all assets in his name.  It does not make sense.

Janet

+++++++

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced.  Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Terri brought her son, James, now 16, from her first marriage[/color].

Two months after leaving for Canada, Desiree returned to the United States with $30,000 in medical bills. To get back on her feet, she moved in with her family in Medford, who helped support her.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

After Desiree returned to Oregon, Terri and Kaine stayed under the same roof while he worked at Intel and she cared for the kids. What started as a caregiving relationship blossomed.

In April 2007, they got married. Looking buff in their bathing suits, they said their vows in a small ceremony on a shimmering beach in Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Oh Good evening Janet..I am still catching up here..but saw your post and wanted to reply. 

I think that there must have been a reason the house was only in Kaine's name.  Terri may have had bad credit..or she may have refused to contribute to the purchase of the house because at that point they were not married.   She should have had money from her other divorces, her time teaching and subbing, as well as being a nanny for Kyron.  I  believe she didn't want her name on the house because she didn't want any imcumbumbince on her should something happen to Kaine or their marriage. 

Just a thought.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: July 27, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »

oh wait, she goes to the gym after that, so has to leave the store, go to van couver, come back and get to the gym... so yes, if she just drove straight over and dropped off kyron she could get back to the gym... can't she?  someone else take a look.. I am thinking so, but I need to really detail this out more to see for sure
I am dreadful with maps and mileage  but just looking at the map it sure didn't seem that far to me. But I am not a good judge of mileage.

I don't know where the store or the gym were located, but the cities are very close together.  You drive on the freeway from Portland to Vancouver, and unless you see the state sign, you don't realize you have crossed a state line. My son lived in Vancouver, and worked in Portland.  He commute from his home to work was about 25 minutes. 
Thank-you, so it is very likely she could have gone to Washington, was not aware how close Portland was to there.

it is likely someone might think she went there.. it is very likely is it possible she did so

My only problem with this is if infact she is shown on the store videos from her grocery shopping without Kyron.  That says to me she handed him off to someone else after she left the school.

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #745 on: July 27, 2010, 12:14:03 AM »

Desiree said that Kaine WAS seeing Terri and that is why they split up...Kaine says that they were already split....I am believing Desiree.....Desiree was heartbroken to find out that he was seeing someone else...Terri!
I agree, she was heartbroken, eight months pregnant and he's seeing Terri.  I still think we're going to hear more about Mr. Kaine that doesn't paint him as a loving husband to Terri either.  But, hey, she shoulda known, once a cheater...
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 27, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »

Well, I'm shutting up now.

Prayers and thoughts to Kyron's family and all who are longing to see him again.

God bless you Kyron, wherever you are, sweet boy.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: July 27, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »

Well, I'm shutting up now.

Prayers and thoughts to Kyron's family and all who are longing to see him again.

God bless you Kyron, wherever you are, sweet boy.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Good Night Can.

an angelic monkey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:53 AM »

This might be a hint dunno

anitakissee tweeted

I learned tonight Oregon and federal law are quite different when it comes to "pleading the fifth."

Thanks OS - been waiting for this.

Wish that woman would just spit it out in one tweet!    

She's a member of the media.

I am starting <to think> the NG school of media.

That's her take on "bombshells."

JMO.

Quoted to <edit.>

Brandi- Red has been the color admin and moderators use for editing and to call attention to their notations. When a poster other than admin or a mod uses red, it can cause confusion.  Please use another color or method when you edit your posts.  MuffyBee

I surely didn't mean to create a problem. I didn't realize the "red" rule was that black and white. Now I do. Thanks for clarifying it.

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:54 AM »

Desiree pleaded with Terri to tell her what happened to Kyron.  Tried to reason with her mother-mother.  It is sad, but you cannot reason with a narcissistic psychopath.  I feel so bad for Desiree, Typhoid Terri does her part to wreck her marriage and then does something awful to her son.
I had that very same thought, watching her.  She was 8 months pregnant when the father of her baby is having an affair with a woman, who allegedly some seven years later would "disappear" her son.  She said she cried for 2 months when she found out he was cheating and they broke up.  Now, 7 years later, she'll be crying for much much longer.  Heartbreaking.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: July 27, 2010, 12:22:41 AM »

I guess there's a lot of things many people would like to take back.

Nite Janet.

Nite Monkeys!  Sleep tight.

Thanks again Klaas for all you do, each and every day to make this home away from home available to us. an angelic monkey

Thanks Mods.   an angelic monkey

and a huge thank you to all who work so hard to bring news and share your brilliant opinions.  I have learned a lot from you.  ty.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: July 27, 2010, 12:23:21 AM »

This might be a hint dunno

anitakissee tweeted

I learned tonight Oregon and federal law are quite different when it comes to "pleading the fifth."

Thanks OS - been waiting for this.

Wish that woman would just spit it out in one tweet!    

She's a member of the media.

I am starting <to think> the NG school of media.

That's her take on "bombshells."

JMO.

Quoted to <edit.>

Brandi- Red has been the color admin and moderators use for editing and to call attention to their notations. When a poster other than admin or a mod uses red, it can cause confusion.  Please use another color or method when you edit your posts.  MuffyBee

I surely didn't mean to create a problem. I didn't realize the "red" rule was that black and white. Now I do. Thanks for clarifying it.

YW   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: July 27, 2010, 12:25:14 AM »

oh wait, she goes to the gym after that, so has to leave the store, go to van couver, come back and get to the gym... so yes, if she just drove straight over and dropped off kyron she could get back to the gym... can't she?  someone else take a look.. I am thinking so, but I need to really detail this out more to see for sure
I am dreadful with maps and mileage  but just looking at the map it sure didn't seem that far to me. But I am not a good judge of mileage.

I don't know where the store or the gym were located, but the cities are very close together.  You drive on the freeway from Portland to Vancouver, and unless you see the state sign, you don't realize you have crossed a state line. My son lived in Vancouver, and worked in Portland.  He commute from his home to work was about 25 minutes. 
Thank-you, so it is very likely she could have gone to Washington, was not aware how close Portland was to there.

it is likely someone might think she went there.. it is very likely is it possible she did so

My only problem with this is if infact she is shown on the store videos from her grocery shopping without Kyron.  That says to me she handed him off to someone else after she left the school.

okay trying to think about this and trying to rule out van couver connection or find one. one or the other. so do the stores show her without kyron?  and if so, how would she end up over on the washington side with him... did someone else take him from the school and then meet her and she took him from the area by the store?  just thinking out loud here.  trying to make this van couver theory work.. if she were going to take him to van couver, maybe she knew there were cameras on the bridge so she would have to get him over there another way... perhaps someone else drove him over there and she took him from there?  I don't know.. Maybe she never went to van couver at all. 
I'm a little reluctant to even post this, but it something one should think about.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: July 27, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

DeDe did not testify long, and if she did nothing wrong except being friends with Terri, I sure hope she can get her reputation back. Once things like this are out there, and you have done no wrong, it is sad if someone's life is ruined.
I think one of the biggest challenges in a case where so few facts are released by LE, is that many are so eager to react, point fingers and make disparaging remarks on people's weight and other attributes. Although I am a woman, I have felt far more like Mars than Venus, but that is because I try hard to keep emotion out of my discussion and try to find reason and fact and theorize. Many are here to chastise others exclusively. I can't see the benefit any longer of individuals with no knowledge on criminology, psychology and legal procedures helping. Let that not be taken to mean there aren't individuals with very good skills here, but they are the few. I love to see real theories, but cannot find a value in so many saying "in my opinion" such and such happened. There's a saying about opinions, kind of brash, but I wonder why so many think anyone really cares. My care is of fact and solid theories. This particular board has digressed to a public bitch session by the vast majority.
New fact about the case: Former Captain speaks about Terri not being able to account for her whereabouts for 1 1/2 hrs the morning Kyron went missing, stating she was driving around with Kiara who had an earache, whom she was trying to get to sleep during the drive.  What did Terri do immediately after that 1 1/2 hr and why?

You wrote  "many are so eager to react, point fingers and make disparaging remarks" . You also wrote "Let that not be taken to mean there aren't individuals with very good skills here, but they are the few". 

I for one care more about good communication skills then people's CSI skills here. In saying that I don't agree with you.
When you swrote "pointing fingers and making disparaging remarks" you sound very accusatory as nobody really knows what anyone's intention are, we can only say how someone is coming off in our opinion. It's subjective.

How good skills (not to mention good manners) would sound to me would be "you seem"...or "you sound"...or "I feel"...

Let me give you an example;
"You seem judgmental and arrogant". If you don't mean to come off that way, let me assure you "You sound that way to me"...JMO
Peace,
since you are a "professional", I am left to wonder why you are bothering here, with the armchairs?  Are we a group study, perhaps?  A paper to write?  I agree at times I have even gotten frustrated with the bitchiness, but it would seem that you yourself have partaken in a bit of bitch biting yourself.  Is that you, kettle? 
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: July 27, 2010, 12:31:48 AM »

I don't understand how Terri could borrow $350,000 and I don't think she can.  She has no collateral and no job, hence no way to repay a loan.  Also with all the publicity and the likelihood that she will be arrested she isn't, shall we say, the best risk. 

I recall that shortly after Terri hired Mr. Houze, it was said that he was in the East trying to make deals for the pics.  I don't remember where I heard it, I think it was here at SM, reporting from a media statement. 

It seems to me that the most realistic source of the money is for "Licensing" those pics.  This brings up the problem of who owns them.  Terri, after all, is no blood relative of Kyron.  IMO, those pictures and videos belong to Kaine.

If Terri has actually managed to get $350,000 from any source at all, IMO, one half belongs to Kaine as a marital asset.  The fact that he has filed for divorce doesn't mean they are no longer legally married, they are still married until the divorce is settled.

I also wanted to say something about the "Bloody sock" mentioned in the law professor's narrative about his experience on a trail at Black Butte.  He says that a member of LE to whom he showed it said it looked like "Human blood." There is no way to visually distinguish human blood from animal blood.  I also found it strange that he stuffed the "Bloody sock" into his front jeans pocket. I believe a law professor would know that is not the proper way to handle possible evidence.  The story sounds fishy to me, but who knows?  It might be true. 

I felt so sorry for Desiree tonight on the NBC show.  She said she doesn't know if she can go on living without Kyron.  I also found it interesting that contrary to reports, she was not a friend of Terri's when Terri took up with Kaine.  In fact, they were having an affair before Kaine and Desiree were divorced.  The show says that Kaine contends that the affair with Terri started after he and Desiree were estranged but living under the same roof.  He said they had an agreement to live their own separate lives during this period and that's what he was doing.  This blows the story that Terri and Desiree were friends when Terri moved in with Kaine. 

IMO Terri is a tramp, but that's just me.  Wouldn't want to upset anyone by characterizing Terri as anything other than a fine, innocent and honest woman.  Ha.  OK, I'll throw caution to the wind and say that Terri looks like a tramp. The devil made me do it.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #755 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:30 AM »

I don't understand how Terri could borrow $350,000 and I don't think she can.  She has no collateral and no job, hence no way to repay a loan.  Also with all the publicity and the likelihood that she will be arrested she isn't, shall we say, the best risk. 

I recall that shortly after Terri hired Mr. Houze, it was said that he was in the East trying to make deals for the pics.  I don't remember where I heard it, I think it was here at SM, reporting from a media statement. 

It seems to me that the most realistic source of the money is for "Licensing" those pics.  This brings up the problem of who owns them.  Terri, after all, is no blood relative of Kyron.  IMO, those pictures and videos belong to Kaine.

If Terri has actually managed to get $350,000 from any source at all, IMO, one half belongs to Kaine as a marital asset.  The fact that he has filed for divorce doesn't mean they are no longer legally married, they are still married until the divorce is settled.

I also wanted to say something about the "Bloody sock" mentioned in the law professor's narrative about his experience on a trail at Black Butte.  He says that a member of LE to whom he showed it said it looked like "Human blood." There is no way to visually distinguish human blood from animal blood.  I also found it strange that he stuffed the "Bloody sock" into his front jeans pocket. I believe a law professor would know that is not the proper way to handle possible evidence.  The story sounds fishy to me, but who knows?  It might be true. 

I felt so sorry for Desiree tonight on the NBC show.  She said she doesn't know if she can go on living without Kyron.  I also found it interesting that contrary to reports, she was not a friend of Terri's when Terri took up with Kaine.  In fact, they were having an affair before Kaine and Desiree were divorced.  The show says that Kaine contends that the affair with Terri started after he and Desiree were estranged but living under the same roof.  He said they had an agreement to live their own separate lives during this period and that's what he was doing.  This blows the story that Terri and Desiree were friends when Terri moved in with Kaine. 

IMO Terri is a tramp, but that's just me.  Wouldn't want to upset anyone by characterizing Terri as anything other than a fine, innocent and honest woman.  Ha.  OK, I'll throw caution to the wind and say that Terri looks like a tramp. The devil made me do it.

From now on I'm referring to Terri as "Typhoid Terri."
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #756 on: July 27, 2010, 12:37:09 AM »

katusteve tweeted

What we've learned about the the grand jury proceedings in the Kyron Horman case - and what does it all mean? Anita Kissee will have it @11

going to be a long nite waiting for that info. here on the E coast.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: July 27, 2010, 12:40:39 AM »

katusteve tweeted

What we've learned about the the grand jury proceedings in the Kyron Horman case - and what does it all mean? Anita Kissee will have it @11

going to be a long nite waiting for that info. here on the E coast.

OS

Isn't this the reason we have left coast monkeys?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: July 27, 2010, 12:40:51 AM »

We are trying to keep Kyron's thread about Kyron and not about eachother so we are moving these posts out of the thread.

Thanks for understanding!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: July 27, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »

Thank you for the Dateline notes, Brandi!  I appreciate it!   

You are very welcome.

I felt so bad for Desiree. She was in tears quite a few times. She is really hurting.

Yes Desiree was in tears at ppoints on Dateline.  Who could blame her.  I know it must be hard for all of them to do these interviews, but they get their strength from knowing they are keeping Kyron in the news.

Speaking of tears.  Did anyone else notice that when the press conference in the church was going on with the four of them Terri never shed a real tear until the Sherrif get up and said this is now considered a criminal investigation?  Truly, until that moment you do not see Terri have any tears..right as he is saying this the camera pans to her ..and suddenly ..she has a tears running down her face.  Tears for herself..knowing her plan didn't work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.