June 16, 2024, 08:06:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 188522 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: July 26, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »

LauralPorter

Attorney for Terri Horman's friend, Dede Spicher talked to @datelinenbc about #Kyron case. What he said on KGW8 at 6pm and on Today show.

I can hear him now. "Yes, she answered some questions today."

Seriously, there is not much he can legally say.

JMO.

I guess he can always say our favorite thing "I can't comment on that",
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #601 on: July 26, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »

So she must not have thought Terri's rights needed defending

for some reason she didn't or she thought she needed a different kind of attorney or something... remember this is RUMOR... but I believe my source... but take it for what it is worth... anyway I am told her now attorney was recommended.. so... recommend him? 

I know you are familiar with the Pin Lady... as are many others..why go there to begin with... and why end up with the attorney she did?  anything else we can "assume" from any of this
I can "assume" $350,000.00 is a hellalot of money and the only kind of defense you need money like that for would be if you had BIG TROUBLE on the horizen, and that scares the bejevees out of me!!  "For Kyron"....
And why did lawyer decide to take the divorce part of things?  If another lawyer stepped in would privledge get messed up somehow? 
By him representing TH in the divorce that is how Kaine gets to know where that money came from.  I for one know that I would want to know how my significant other soon to be just other came up with money like that.  Take the Kyron factor out for just a second, (i know hard) but if your spouse tried to have you offed would you play nice?  Now but Kyron back in the factor yeah I would mow her down. 
Sorry everybody but they don't call a GJ unless they have something, we have all seen that.  The hard part now is the why, and were is Kyron.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #602 on: July 26, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »

DD I don't expect you to be able to answer, but the hypothetical about Terri being across state lines is very interesting.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #603 on: July 26, 2010, 08:35:39 PM »

LauralPorter

Attorney for Terri Horman's friend, Dede Spicher talked to @datelinenbc about #Kyron case. What he said on KGW8 at 6pm and on Today show.

JMO.

Actually from what Natasha Lance said he told her, I expect him to say

"She didn't answer any questions today."

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: July 26, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

LauralPorter

JMO.

OS

heh

I believe he did state that she answered some questions today, and that she was called in to do so in the video of them coming out of the courthouse.

Uh huh ... ok. And the sky is what colour?

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: July 26, 2010, 08:40:31 PM »

DD I don't expect you to be able to answer, but the hypothetical about Terri being across state lines is very interesting.

yes, the "hypothetical" is very interesting... could it mean a fed grand jury? or can it still be a state grand jury..

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #606 on: July 26, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »

I think if she earned the money after the filing of divorce it is not jconsidered oint assests. She is not on the house and she could not use his credit but given they were married his credit is her credit and vice versa. Maybe he is wondering if she cashed in some stock or her half of a retirement fund?

There aren't too many ways she could have earned $350,000 after the divorce - unless she's made deals with news outlets as we've speculated.

If, it's true she tried to put out a hit on her husband and if it's true she is implicated in Kyron's disappearance I don't think it would be a stretch for
her to try to obtain funds from Kaine's and or marital assets legally or otherwise. 

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: July 26, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »

Well there you have it--I've been humbled!     So there is an Investigative Grand Jury empaneled.  Very interesting.  LE must have A LOT more than what we can even imagine to go that route. 

Nice word DD--you indeed have a reliable source!

OMGosh Jess! I was right? When you gave me the info on the GJ & Hearings, I kept thinking to myself that's not what I learned from my grandpop...but then you posted what a Grand Jury entails & what it's limits or expectations can & can't be. That made me look into the last part of that post referencing the Grand Jury (also looking into statutes/laws). It says something like "cannot be used again unless the court decides" or "without probable cause shown to the court". Please forgive me as I forget the exact wording, but I think it's something to that affect. I think there's so many ins & outs of the laws set in place that so many statutes get distorted & stretched that they take on a whole new meaning. Does every state have the capability of titling it "Investigative Grand Jury Hearing" as opposed to "Hearing" or "Hearing to determine probable cause"?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: July 26, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »

yes, the "hypothetical" is very interesting... could it mean a fed grand jury? or can it still be a state grand jury..
I guess we will have to wait and see for that answer, and curious about this.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »

I think if she earned the money after the filing of divorce it is not jconsidered oint assests. She is not on the house and she could not use his credit but given they were married his credit is her credit and vice versa. Maybe he is wondering if she cashed in some stock or her half of a retirement fund?

There aren't too many ways she could have earned $350,000 after the divorce - unless she's made deals with news outlets as we've speculated.

If, it's true she tried to put out a hit on her husband and if it's true she is implicated in Kyron's disappearance I don't think it would be a stretch for
her to try to obtain funds from Kaine's and or marital assets legally or otherwise. 

They have only been married for 3 years.  Kaine purchased the home just before they got married and she was never put on the deed. I'm not sure what marital assets they will actually have.  Maybe Kaine's 401K but she would not be able to access any of that without Kaine's approval or court order.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »

Please no one throw nanners at me but I am having a hard time with not feeling a bit defensive over why Kaine needs to know where she got the money to defend herself.  She didn't work outside of the home but she did take care of the home, or since we can assume she must have given she was a stay at home mom. I know, I know she most likely did something to his child but if she used her credit to get a loan, then I don't see why she needs to disclose that. Are they wondering if she forged docs of something? She is allowed to get a loan, get a lawyer and defend herself. What am I missing.

Again, please don't get all hostile with me.
Hey, Tracygirl.  I am a SAHM.  I have good credit and all that, but I don't know how in the world I could get a loan for $350K unless someone gave it to me hoping I'd pay them back.  I think it is fair for her to disclose where she got that kind of money with no home and no job. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »

IANAL, but it sounds to me if a crime occurred across state lines, as in a kidnapping or murder, then it would be a federal crime and require a federal grand jury.

Found this: (at http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/stategj/funcsgj.htm)

Grand juries in other states, including Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia, can investigate any activity that appears to violate the criminal law of their state as long as the activity in question occurs within their venue, which is usually the county in which the grand jury sits. The third category is composed of state grand juries that investigate certain kinds of criminal activity, which often involves drug crimes or organized crime. These grand juries, which are known as "special grand juries," "statewide grand juries," "state grand juries" or "multicounty grand juries," usually sit in addition to the more conventional grand juries that are usually convened in these states.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #612 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

LauralPorter

JMO.

OS

heh

I believe he did state that she answered some questions today, and that she was called in to do so in the video of them coming out of the courthouse.

Uh huh ... ok. And the sky is what colour?

dunno, maybe Natasha Lance got it wrong or better yet maybe I got it wrong more likely...

I did hear that former Capt. say something like she might have told the GJ she wouldn't answer any questions with immunity. You know the one that said the last day of school was June 4th. grrr

honestly don't know what the heck is going on, sure counting on the presser tomorrow.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: July 26, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »

Jonesr(OP)
User ID: 1049550
United States
7/26/2010 7:21 PM

Well I hope noone gets too disapointed in me but......
Fox news bush wacked me at my house, I've never been one to cower in the face of confrontation.
I gave the interview off camera and just told my version of what kind of person dede is. There was no sneeky questions or bullshit.
Basically said people just need to step back and let the system work,
dede is a good person and has never been in any trouble before this.
I didn't go looking for fame, you won't see my face, just a shadow.
I feel compeld to say something good about her to the world, I love her.
I was working all day so I did not see the court house clip of her leaving or the smile. But I will say this.
Dede always has a smile on her face, I don't think she has ever had much of a reason to scoul. A frown doesn't fit her face.
Ever met someone who glares all the time? It fits their face.
Dedes smile fits her face.
So all the conjecture and speculation is ok but look at it like this,
if she walked out of there with a half grin/smile and was coming across as smug, maybe she feels you are all going to look like fools when you get the story.
At least I hope that was it.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1141412/pg38

Thank you Klaas.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: July 26, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »

They have only been married for 3 years.  Kaine purchased the home just before they got married and she was never put on the deed. I'm not sure what marital assets they will actually have.  Maybe Kaine's 401K but she would not be able to access any of that without Kaine's approval or court order.

I expect she would only be eligible for assets accrued during the 3 year marriage.
That's why I tend to think she may have made a deal with a news outlet.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »

what I am wondering is this... if they have to have a fed grand jury if this involves another state, then we will know there is something going on in another state?  or at least something federal..

but if they are across state line do they HAVE to use a fed grand jury?  or can they still us a state one?  that is my question.. I guess I will have to go look this up and see.. just wondered if anyone else knows...

remember portland is really the same place as van couver washington, you just cross the river/state line... its right there.  so would be easy to be across the state line and everything become federal. 

To find me:
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »

Yea I suppose she could have sold the rights, wrong for her to do, wrong, wrong, wrong, but it is not illegal right? For what purpose would disclosing this be used for? More pressure on her I suppose and if so I hope it works. Although I am not sure what good it does to know if she sold the rights, it doesn't necessarily make her guilty of anything and some would say she needed a way to defend herself. Kaine has taken control over all the money since he was the one with a paycheck and she is left with no money. Would I do that if I was in his shoes, you better bet I would. However I am not sure what is the usefullness of this information in the scope of things.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »

what I am wondering is this... if they have to have a fed grand jury if this involves another state, then we will know there is something going on in another state?  or at least something federal..

but if they are across state line do they HAVE to use a fed grand jury?  or can they still us a state one?  that is my question.. I guess I will have to go look this up and see.. just wondered if anyone else knows...

remember portland is really the same place as van couver washington, you just cross the river/state line... its right there.  so would be easy to be across the state line and everything become federal. 
And that is what I'm trying to fit in that time line, the one where she was driving around while soothing the baby, but don't think that would be enough time to cross into Washington state, or would there be time to do so?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »

IANAL, but it sounds to me if a crime occurred across state lines, as in a kidnapping or murder, then it would be a federal crime and require a federal grand jury.

Found this: (at http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/stategj/funcsgj.htm)

Grand juries in other states, including Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia, can investigate any activity that appears to violate the criminal law of their state as long as the activity in question occurs within their venue, which is usually the county in which the grand jury sits. The third category is composed of state grand juries that investigate certain kinds of criminal activity, which often involves drug crimes or organized crime. These grand juries, which are known as "special grand juries," "statewide grand juries," "state grand juries" or "multicounty grand juries," usually sit in addition to the more conventional grand juries that are usually convened in these states.

thanks brandi, I will go read up on the law.

To find me:
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #619 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

I've always thought if a crime goes across state lines then it becomes Federal, but you raise a very interesting point.  I grew up in the KC, MO area. KC, KS is right across the state line and I don't know if the feds would come in on something that happened across the line from MO to KS.  It sounds like this is a similar situation.  They're virtually the same city.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.