June 16, 2024, 05:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 188485 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: July 26, 2010, 10:42:35 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Just learned WHY DeDe Spicher answered no questions in front of the grand jury today... and why her attorney wasn't even allowed in.

ME: hope we find out before midnite...

I didn't think attorneys were allowed in the GJ proceedings anyway.....
Maybe DeDe's trying to negotiate a deal for immunity.

Where is Kyron??

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #681 on: July 26, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »

Oops, I meant consecutive sentences.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #682 on: July 26, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »

Well there you have it--I've been humbled!     So there is an Investigative Grand Jury empaneled.  Very interesting.  LE must have A LOT more than what we can even imagine to go that route. 

Nice word DD--you indeed have a reliable source!

Jess no one here would ever think of you in any type of negative light, ever. We all value your input and opinion, (even when we disagree).

Thanks TG!  You're awesome.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: July 26, 2010, 10:46:09 PM »

So far, Dateline has been good. Not much new though.

But not any errors that I can find.

And did I mention the graphics?  LOL

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: July 26, 2010, 10:47:20 PM »

Well there you have it--I've been humbled!     So there is an Investigative Grand Jury empaneled.  Very interesting.  LE must have A LOT more than what we can even imagine to go that route. 

Jess no one here would ever think of you in any type of negative light, ever. We all value your input and opinion, (even when we disagree).

Just wanted to tell you you are one awesome person. I've been a lurker for a long time and appreciate your work for children.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »

Tony and Desiree both think that Terri had something to do with Kyron's disappearance...Desiree thinks that it was a planned thing...

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »

Desiree states she believes that Terri "planned to do something with Kyron."

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: July 26, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »

Jess Star rocks! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: July 26, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Just learned WHY DeDe Spicher answered no questions in front of the grand jury today... and why her attorney wasn't even allowed in.

OS

Thank you.

I suspect that a plea deal is being made with the prosecutor ... a plea deal that implies that any participation of DeDe in covering up any wrongdoing ... will be forgiven in return for her testimony

I appreciate all the updates that are being posted on the forum right now but ... it is all too much for this 63 year old heart.  Hey ... I just turned down an invite to come over to a neighbour's home for a game of scrabble and fresh blueberry pie.  I am now convinced I am nuts.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: July 26, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »

thanks jess, but I am still with you on this, was very unusual for this to happen...

now let me run this one by you, as this one I am wondering about also...

let's just say this as a hypothetical...

say terri was not on sauvie, lets say she was somewhere else and it was across the state line. 

could we have a fed grand jury rather than a state one?  or can a state one handle both states?

what is your thought on this?

Great question, DD.  The answer is, without having more facts, I don't know, as the answer depends on a very detailed factual analysis of where the crime or crimes occurred.  Kidnapping is a federal crime if the kidnapping crosses state lines.  So if SM kidnapped Kyron and took him across state lines and did something to him, then yes, you can have a federal crime.  I don't know what the law is in Oregon, but in some states, a parent or custodian can kidnap his/her own child if the kidnapping is perpetuated through false pretenses.  (for example, "Come with me, son--we're going to go to CITY X to get an ice cream" but instead, parent takes son across state lines and kills him).  It's impossible for murder to cross state lines so murder can't be a federal crime (unless the murder has a federal component--think Timothy McVey). There's a possibility that the MFH plot can be a federal crime if "the wires" or mail were used to perpetrate it.  Those are just a few examples.  The analysis is very complex and factually detailed.  I couldn't even begin to answer it without knowing more.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: July 26, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »

Janet...you turned down pie and scrabble?? I am worried about you lol! an angelic monkey

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #691 on: July 26, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Where is Kyron??

They are not allowed as far as I know.

I am thinking immunity also can't think of any other reason for going to GJ and either not being asked questions or not answering questions ask. Makes no sense to me.

guess time will tell.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: July 26, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Where is Kyron??

I am thinking immunity also can't think of any other reason for going to GJ and either not being asked questions or not answering questions ask. Makes no sense to me.

guess time will tell.

OS

Why?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #693 on: July 26, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

OS

Thank you.

I suspect that a plea deal is being made with the prosecutor ... a plea deal that implies that any participation of DeDe in covering up any wrongdoing ... will be forgiven in return for her testimony

I appreciate all the updates that are being posted on the forum right now but ... it is all too much for this 63 year old heart.  Hey ... I just turned down an invite to come over to a neighbour's home for a game of scrabble and fresh blueberry pie.  I am now convinced I am nuts.

Janet

This case is mind boggling for sure, and hard to follow for me at least.

I am still at the school waiting for LE to tell me some facts, I am 64 hope it's not too long.

Wow, bluberry pie, yummm..don't think I would pass that up.

OS

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #694 on: July 26, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Where is Kyron??

guess time will tell.

OS

Why?

Janet

No defense is ever offered in a GJ, maybe Jess can explain it.

It's all prosecution in a GJ.

OS

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: July 26, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Where is Kyron??

guess time will tell.

OS

Why?

Janet

It is all to keep the secrecy of the GJ. IMO.

Defense lawyers are not allowed to be present in the grand jury room and cannot present evidence, but may be available outside the room to consult with witnesses. The prosecutor and the grand jury members may not reveal what occurred in the grand jury room and witnesses cannot obtain a transcript of their testimony.

Why are grand jury proceedings secret?

Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provide that the prosecutor, grand jurors, and the grand jury stenographer are prohibited from disclosing what happened before the grand jury, unless ordered to do so in a judicial proceeding. Secrecy was originally designed to protect the grand jurors from improper pressures. The modern justifications are to prevent the escape of people whose indictment may be contemplated, to ensure that the grand jury is free to deliberate without outside pressure, to prevent subornation of perjury or witness tampering prior to a subsequent trial, to encourage people with information about a crime to speak freely, and to protect the innocent accused from disclosure of the fact that he or she was under investigation.

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #696 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »

I'd be more willing to entertain the thought of an innocent TH if she'd taken the $350,000 and added it to the reward money for finding Kyron.  I read the stuff from earlier in the thread where she had a friend speaking for her telling that all the online chatter was hurtful.  Interesting.  Why not have your friend mention your desire to have Kyron back and the need to find him? 

I think I know the answer to that. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:16 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Where is Kyron??

guess time will tell.

OS

Why?

Janet

No defense is ever offered in a GJ, maybe Jess can explain it.

It's all prosecution in a GJ.

OS

OS,

I must have missed something. What school are you talking about? Where are you??

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: July 26, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »

Just wanted to tell you you are one awesome person. I've been a lurker for a long time and appreciate your work for children.

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words.  I really appreciate it.  Everyone in this forum has such a passion for helping our kids, and so many put so much of their blood, sweat, tears and time into it.  Kudos to everyone.  It can be very emotionally trying at times.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: July 26, 2010, 11:07:27 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

OS

Thank you.

Janet

This case is mind boggling for sure, and hard to follow for me at least.

I am still at the school waiting for LE to tell me some facts, I am 64 hope it's not too long.
Wow, bluberry pie, yummm..don't think I would pass that up.

OS

OS

I fear we will both be pushing up daisies by the time that miracle occurs.  However ... DeDe's attorney has given me some hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel in the Kyron Horman case.

I am so thankful.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.