March 28, 2024, 12:15:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE SECURITY GUARDS  (Read 12045 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »

9.  THE ARREST OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

Two Attorneys

Karin Janssen instructed court appointed attorney ... Chris Lejuez ... that he could not represent both Security Guards.  The prosecutor's instruction was not challenged.  Noriana Pietersz became Mickey John's attorney.

However ... Steve Croes and Geofrey van Cromvoirt were both suspects in the Natalee Holloway and ... Karen Janssen did not require them to have separate representation.

++++   

Karin Janssen

Aruban PM Seeks Answers
Saturday, June 11, 2005

(Chris) Lejuez dropped John as a client per a request from the prosecutor, who said it's not ethical for him to represent both clients. Whereas normally he would oppose such a move, Lejuez said, "in this case, considering the grave consequences it would have for the island of Aruba, I have ... deviated from what I normally do and honored their request to do so."

(Noriana) Pietersz, John's lawyer, said she spoke to her client in jail Thursday.
"I have decided not to demand the immediate release of my client," she said. "We prefer to let the prosecution investigate, confident that my client will be released by Wednesday" when a judge will decide whether to extend his detention.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159006,00.html

John Kelly

Did New Holloway Suspect Know Natalee?
Wednesday, April 19, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: John, what I heard a little bit earlier today from someone I spoke to in Aruba is that the lawyer for "G.V.C." is also the lawyer — it's a woman — who represented Steve Croes, who is the man who came forward with the false alibi to the police which supported lie number one of Deepak, Satish and Joran. Do you know anything about the lawyer representing both Steve Croes and now "G.V.C."?

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY FAMILY ATTORNEY: I know that's the situation. It's a woman, and that is the person who represented Croes and would be representing this individual now. And actually, Ms. Janssen, when I talked to her today, she was just getting ready to turn over the dossier to "G.V.C.'s" attorney for review before they did go into court.

KELLY: Actually, there's a rather large mix still. I mean, I know Joran's attorneys have been stating that he doesn't know this individual, which I have no reason to doubt. But I've also been told that GVC has involvement with other people that are involved with the three principal suspects. So if you sort of bridge the gap there and look at Croes, you can try to speculate a little bit there as to what's going on.

VAN SUSTEREN: Then it's bizarre that this lawyer would represent both Steve Croes and GVC because at least here in the United States, I think most lawyers would say that there is a potential for conflict of interest and a lawyer shouldn't be representing both.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192309,00.html

Beth Holloway Twitty

Transcript: Stunning Development in Holloway Case
Tuesday, April 18, 2006

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE'S MOTHER:  When I think of Joran van der Sloot and when I think of Steven Croes and I think of this new suspect (GVC) and the lies that were coming out early, very early, the moment we arrived on the island, if we find out that these three suspects are acquaintances or know each other — somebody needs to connect the dots. I mean, there certainly is a reason why Steven Croes came forward early on and stated, lied to the authorities that he had seen the two security guards taking Natalee. You know, people don't just do that for no reason, Greta. Somebody needs to connect the dots on those three, if they know each other.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192141,00.html

Karin Janssen

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 7, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

CHRIS LEJUEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I have been the defense attorney for both of them for the last two days. But as of tomorrow, I will be only for one of them, because apparently there will be a conflict of interest in defending them both. This has been told to me by the public prosecutor, so I will be resigning from one of the cases. I have no evidence yet that, that is the case, but I do take her word for it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/07/ng.01.html

? check draft

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »

14.  THE ARRESTS OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

A Opportunity to Cover Up the Truth

Natalee Holloway's stepfather had the motive behind the arrests of the security guards figured out ... Beth Holloway had it figured out ... Americans had it figured out.

++++++++

Jug Twitty

NANCY GRACE
October 4, 2005

JUG TWITTY, STEPFATHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY:  The reason there`s no evidence was because the people didn`t do the right thing in the beginning. And I want the prosecutor or somebody to step up and say, Look, we made a mistake. We didn`t arrest them the second day, like we should have. We let them go for nine days. We gave them a chance to clean the car. We gave them a chance to hide everything, to set up everything, to set up their stories, point the fingers at the two black security guards.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/04/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 01:13:41 PM »

15.  THE ARRESTS OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

The Hotel Inn Security Guard

On June 4, 2005 the Hotel Inn Security Guard gave investigators a witness statement that declared that Natalee Holloway did not return to the hotel as Joran van der Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe claimed.  However ... On June 5, 2005 ... Mickey John and Abraham Jones were detained based on Joran, Deepak and Satish's declaration.

+++++++

The Holiday Inn Security Guard

Kalpoe v. McGraw, et al.
Case Number: BC3 63401

Name: Carlos Pulgarin
Date; 4 June 2005 / 2:30
Pages: 2
Writer/Initiator: Jonathan Orman
Description: witness statement by a Holiday Inn security guard

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1115.msg151856;topicseen#msg151856

Noraina Pietersz - Mickey John's Attorney

Reports Conflict in Case of Missing Ala. Teen
Saturday, June 11, 2005

Holiday Inn employees say security cameras did not record Holloway's return. A Holiday Inn guard who worked the overnight shift that day said he did not see her, said Pietersz, who said she reviewed the guard's statement to police.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159252,00.html

Chris Lejuez - Abraham Jones' Attorney

'Nobody Stands Above the Law'
Friday, June 10, 2005

The tape from the Holiday Inn lobby camera was reportedly checked by police but no images of Holloway were found.

Lejuez said the security guard on duty from midnight on told authorities he never saw the teenager enter the hotel that night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159128,00.html

Noraina Pietersz - Mickey John's Attorney

Man Allegedly Admits Killing to Aruba Police
June 11, 2005 -- Posted at 9:07 AM CDT

Kock said the brothers told police they last saw Holloway being approached by a man in a security guard uniform before they drove off.

Holiday Inn employees say security cameras did not record Holloway's return. In addition, a Holiday Inn guard who worked the overnight shift the day the young woman disappeared said he did not see her, said Pietersz, who said she reviewed the guard's testimony to police.

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=3461537

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »

16.  THE ARRESTS OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

What were the suspicions that warranted the detainment of the security guards.  NOTHING has been revealed that would indicate that Natalee Holloway returned to the Holiday Inn following her departure from Carlos and Charlies.

++++++

John Q. Kelly - Key Card[/color]

Transcript: New Holloway Suspect?
Thursday, April 13, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: In terms of someone using a key card in Natalee's room, I think a couple times after midnight, do have you any information about that at all?

JOHN Q. KELLY, FAMILY ATTORNEY: Yes, it's a non-event. The key card that was being referenced was used at 11:00 o'clock the next morning, too. It was used the whole next day by, you know, other girls. It was not the key card that Natalee had.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is the police...

KELLY: As a matter of fact, that's the information that Beth herself had tracked down from the hotel and turned it over to the police.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191673,00.html

Dave Holloway - Key Card

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 5
updated 4/6/2006 12:40:43 PM ET

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE‘S FATHER:  Well, we need to clear up a little of the smoke and mirrors problem.  I provided the police with the documents that they‘re referring to, the hotel keys, as a matter of fact.  Beth obtained those immediately upon arriving on the island and then provided me with a copy that I provided to the police.

Joe failed to mention that that same code was used again at 11:02 AM and 11:08 AM prior to them getting on—or leaving to the airport.  So key number one, which we feel like Natalee used, was last used at 8:30 PM the prior night.  So that key was not used again after the trip was over.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12187266/

Beth Holloway - The Card Key

Loving Natalee

Page 96:
  As I sit down to watch the tapes, a hotel employee hands me the records I've been asking for showing the key entries to Natalee's room on May 30.  Three keys were used.  Three of the four girls entered the room.  One did not.  I was afraid of that.

Edwin Comemencia - Hotel Security Camera

Aruba's Government Asks for Help in Search
Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Aruban police in unmarked cars accompanied by FBI agents made a pre-dawn raid at 5 a.m. Sunday, rousting two suspects aged 28 and 30 from their beds. ....

Authorities declined to comment whether there was a relationship between the suspects and other three, earlier described as students — two Surinamese and a native of the Netherlands — who told police they dropped off Holloway at her hotel around 2 a.m. on May 30. Hotel employees, however, say that security cameras did not record her return.

Comemencia also said that he didn't believe Holloway ever returned to her hotel. "The investigation looks like, that night, she never returned to her hotel," Comemencia told FOX News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158666,00.html

Robert S. Mueller, III - FBI Director

DISAPPEARANCE OF NATALEE ANN HOLLOWAY
June 7, 2005

Holloway did not return to her hotel room, and her personal belongings remained in her room.

ROBERT S. MUELLER, III
DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
TELEPHONE: (202) 324-3000

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/holloway.htm

Jody Bearman - Students in the Lobby

Aruba police ignored evidence: Natalee's family nabbed suspects
18 June 2005

"She had been missing less than 24 hours and we had all three names and addresses, so it's just disappointing that they weren't able to move faster," said Jody Bearman, who organized the trip to Aruba for 125 students from Mountain Brook High School and seven chaperones. ....

Van der Sloot claimed he left Holloway outside the Holiday Inn resort where the group was staying after they took a late-night trip to a scenic lighthouse, Bearman said, and he even accompanied the family to the hotel to show them the exact spot where she was dropped off.

His story didn't add up, though, according to Bearman.

"We started pressing him on that because we had students who were in the lobby until 5 a.m., and she never arrived," she said.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/travel/t050618.html

John Q. Kelly - The Grainy Video

Thursday, April 13, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Julia Renfro said that she had seen a video at about 3:00 o'clock in the morning at the Holiday Inn, very grainy, that it could have been — she didn't know for sure — could have been Natalee, that Beth Holloway Twitty has looked at it and said she does not think it's Natalee. But my question was whether the tape had ever been turned over to professionals for enhancement, so we could sort of put that one to rest? Do you know anything about this video?

JOHN Q. KELLY, FAMILY ATTORNEY: Sure. I know Beth looked at it very carefully, and very definitively said it was not Natalee. And that's really...

VAN SUSTEREN: But has it ever been enhanced, just on the wild shot it could tell something more?

KELLY: That I don't know. She seemed very comfortable being very definitive about the fact it was not Natalee without it being enhanced.

Beth Holloway - The Grainy Video

Loving Natalee

Page 96:
  The black and white footage plays.  Suddenly a girl with light hair crosses the threshold of the lobby.  The video is grainy, but clearly shows the lobby entrance of the Holiday Inn.  I ask them to rewind it and play it again.  I recognize her.  I want it to be Natalee, but know it's not.  It's Mat's daughter.  I ask to see it again.  Again.  Again.  Play it once more.  Now again.  More than ten times they rewind the spot on the tape that shows this young woman coming into the hotel and stopping at the front desk to get a key.  I so want it to be my daughter.  Maybe if I look at it enough times I can make it her.  Please!  Play it again.  Slow it down.  Now pause it.  Please, be Natalee.  But it isn't.  I already know the second time I see it that it isn't her.  The tapes play out.

bbl

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »

16.  THE ARRESTS OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

What were the suspicions that warranted the detainment of the security guards.  NOTHING has been revealed that would indicate that Natalee Holloway returned to the Holiday Inn following her departure from Carlos and Charlies.

++++++

John Q. Kelly - Key Card

Thursday, April 13, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: In terms of someone using a key card in Natalee's room, I think a couple times after midnight, do have you any information about that at all?

JOHN Q. KELLY, FAMILY ATTORNEY: Yes, it's a non-event. The key card that was being referenced was used at 11:00 o'clock the next morning, too. It was used the whole next day by, you know, other girls. It was not the key card that Natalee had.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is the police...

KELLY: As a matter of fact, that's the information that Beth herself had tracked down from the hotel and turned it over to the police.

Dave Holloway - Key Card

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 5
updated 4/6/2006 12:40:43 PM ET

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE‘S FATHER:  Well, we need to clear up a little of the smoke and mirrors problem.  I provided the police with the documents that they‘re referring to, the hotel keys, as a matter of fact.  Beth obtained those immediately upon arriving on the island and then provided me with a copy that I provided to the police.

Joe failed to mention that that same code was used again at 11:02 AM and 11:08 AM prior to them getting on—or leaving to the airport.  So key number one, which we feel like Natalee used, was last used at 8:30 PM the prior night.  So that key was not used again after the trip was over.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12187266/

Beth Holloway - The Card Key

Loving Natalee

Page 96:
  As I sit down to watch the tapes, a hotel employee hands me the records I've been asking for showing the key entries to Natalee's room on May 30.  Three keys were used.  Three of the four girls entered the room.  One did not.  I was afraid of that.

Edwin Comemencia - Hotel Security Camera

Aruba's Government Asks for Help in Search
Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Aruban police in unmarked cars accompanied by FBI agents made a pre-dawn raid at 5 a.m. Sunday, rousting two suspects aged 28 and 30 from their beds. ....

Authorities declined to comment whether there was a relationship between the suspects and other three, earlier described as students — two Surinamese and a native of the Netherlands — who told police they dropped off Holloway at her hotel around 2 a.m. on May 30. Hotel employees, however, say that security cameras did not record her return.

Comemencia also said that he didn't believe Holloway ever returned to her hotel. "The investigation looks like, that night, she never returned to her hotel," Comemencia told FOX News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158666,00.html

Robert S. Mueller, III - FBI Director

DISAPPEARANCE OF NATALEE ANN HOLLOWAY
June 7, 2005

Holloway did not return to her hotel room, and her personal belongings remained in her room.

ROBERT S. MUELLER, III
DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
TELEPHONE: (202) 324-3000

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/holloway.htm

Jody Bearman - Students in the Lobby

Aruba police ignored evidence: Natalee's family nabbed suspects
18 June 2005

"She had been missing less than 24 hours and we had all three names and addresses, so it's just disappointing that they weren't able to move faster," said Jody Bearman, who organized the trip to Aruba for 125 students from Mountain Brook High School and seven chaperones. ....

Van der Sloot claimed he left Holloway outside the Holiday Inn resort where the group was staying after they took a late-night trip to a scenic lighthouse, Bearman said, and he even accompanied the family to the hotel to show them the exact spot where she was dropped off.

His story didn't add up, though, according to Bearman.

"We started pressing him on that because we had students who were in the lobby until 5 a.m., and she never arrived," she said.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/travel/t050618.html

John Q. Kelly - The Grainy Video

Thursday, April 13, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Julia Renfro said that she had seen a video at about 3:00 o'clock in the morning at the Holiday Inn, very grainy, that it could have been — she didn't know for sure — could have been Natalee, that Beth Holloway Twitty has looked at it and said she does not think it's Natalee. But my question was whether the tape had ever been turned over to professionals for enhancement, so we could sort of put that one to rest? Do you know anything about this video?

JOHN Q. KELLY, FAMILY ATTORNEY: Sure. I know Beth looked at it very carefully, and very definitively said it was not Natalee. And that's really...

VAN SUSTEREN: But has it ever been enhanced, just on the wild shot it could tell something more?

KELLY: That I don't know. She seemed very comfortable being very definitive about the fact it was not Natalee without it being enhanced.

Beth Holloway - The Grainy Video

Loving Natalee

Page 96:
  The black and white footage plays.  Suddenly a girl with light hair crosses the threshold of the lobby.  The video is grainy, but clearly shows the lobby entrance of the Holiday Inn.  I ask them to rewind it and play it again.  I recognize her.  I want it to be Natalee, but know it's not.  It's Mat's daughter.  I ask to see it again.  Again.  Again.  Play it once more.  Now again.  More than ten times they rewind the spot on the tape that shows this young woman coming into the hotel and stopping at the front desk to get a key.  I so want it to be my daughter.  Maybe if I look at it enough times I can make it her.  Please!  Play it again.  Slow it down.  Now pause it.  Please, be Natalee.  But it isn't.  I already know the second time I see it that it isn't her.  The tapes play out.

bbl

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete Post 23.  I messed up with the highlighting.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 12:29:09 AM »

17.  THE ARRESTS OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

The defence attorneys for Deepak Kalpoe, Satish Kalpoe, Mickey John and Abraham Jones were not afforded Joran van der Sloot's May 31, 2005 witness statement.  The spokesperson for the prosecutor implied that Joran's statement was not relevent in respect to their clients.

On May 30, 2008 ... three years later ... Joran's May 31, 2005 witness statement was revealed.  Was Joran's May 31, 2005 witness statement relevent?  You be the judge!!

++++++

Spokesperson for the Prosecution

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 10, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Why is it that the defense attorneys for the other four have not been allowed to see this Dutch boy`s statement, the son of the Aruban judicial official?

VIVIAN VAN DER BIEZEN, SPOKESPERSON FOR ARUBA PROSECUTOR: This is because when a defense attorney has a client, then the defense attorney will have only the statements that relate to his clients. If the defense attorney doesn`t have information about one of the suspects, this means that this suspect did not have any accusations against his client.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/10/ng.01.html

Deepak Kalpoe's Attorney

Home of teen suspect searched
Son of Aruban judge was one of three seen with Holloway
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 Posted: 7:57 PM EDT (2357 GMT)

Rudy Oomen, an attorney representing Deepak Kalpoe, said he was seeking the release of documents and evidence. "We had a brief hearing here about the withholding of certain documents regarding my client," Oomen said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/15/missing.teen/index.html

Joran van der Sloot - Witness Statement - May 31, 2005

The witness VAN DER SLOOT had told me that they, in the neighborhood of the Fisherman's huts had stopped briefly ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2876.0

Abraham Jones' Attorney

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 9, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

CHRIS LEJUEZ, ATTORNEY FOR ABRAHAM JONES: Nancy, I have seen only the statements of two of the three men. The evidence that I got, the documentation, the files that I received from the prosecutor`s office contained only two of the statements.

My colleague has asked the prosecutor why only the two, not the one of the Dutch boy? She was told by the prosecutor, at least by the prosecutor`s office, that that statement would not be relevant to the case of her suspect, her client

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/09/ng.01.html

Joran van der Sloot - Witness Statement - May 31, 2005

My friends Deepak and Satish had told me that they had seen a dark skinned man in the lobby. They further told me that they thought that this man was a guard.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2876.0

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »

17.  THE ARRESTS OF THE SECURITY GUARDS

Mother says she thinks 3 men know what happened to teen
Twitty says authoritiesshould apply pressure
updated 6/12/2005 11:05:02 PM ET

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — The mother of a missing Alabama teenager said Sunday that she believes three young men who were with her daughter the day of her disappearance know what happened to her.

Beth Holloway Twitty, 44, said Aruban authorities should pressure the young men to reveal what they know. She also said she thought that two former hotel security guards detained in connection with the disappearance of 18-year-old Natalee Holloway were innocent and should be released.

“All three of those boys know what happened to her,” the teen’s mother said during a 45-minute interview with The Associated Press in her hotel room at the Holiday Inn, the same hotel where Natalee Holloway was staying before she disappeared on May 30. “They all know what they did with her that night.”

Holloway Twitty declined to say what she thought the boys had done or whether she thought her daughter was still alive.

The three young men — the son of a Dutch justice ministry official and two Surinamese brothers — have told police they brought Natalee Holloway to a lighthouse beside the island’s Arisha Beach, but didn’t get out of the car. The brothers, Satish Kalpoe, 18, and Deepak Kalpoe, 21, also told police that Natalee and the Dutch boy had been kissing in the back seat of the car. They said they dropped her off at her hotel about 2 a.m. and last saw her being approached by a man in a security guard uniform before they drove off, a lawyer for the brother’s has said.

The three young men were detained on Thursday. Two former hotel security guards who worked at a hotel not far from the Holiday Inn have been detained since June 5.

Holloway Twitty said she met the three young men within 12 hours of Natalee’s disappearance and she said it surprised her that it took authorities more than a week to detain them

Authorities have said they are pursuing all leads, while Prime Minister Nelson Oduber has said that “no one stands above the law” on the island.

Natalee Holloway vanished hours before she was expected at the airport following a five-day trip to the Dutch Caribbean island with 124 classmates and seven chaperones celebrating their graduation from Mountain Brook High School, near Birmingham, Ala. Her U.S. passport and packed bags were found in her hotel room.

Defense lawyers for the former security guards said there wasn’t enough evidence to continue holding them.

“This is turning into a game, an illogical investigation,” said Noraina Pietersz, the attorney representing Antonius “Mickey” John, 30. John and Abraham Jones, 28, had been detained a week as of Sunday, and have denied any connection to Holloway. “The prosecution is pretending it has information that we don’t have.”

Attorney General Caren Janssen said Sunday that wasn’t the case but declined to give details. “We are still in the middle of an investigation,” she said.

A confession reported by a polic chief and its subsequent retraction by the attorney general fueled rumors of the young woman’s demise. The family has said no body has been found, and islanders and tourists attended church services Sunday to pray for the teen.

Valerie Stanton, a 35-year-old computer technician visiting from Washington, D.C., prayed Sunday at the Alto Vista chapel outside the capital. “This could happen in any city and it’s unfortunate a dark cloud is now over the island because people here are so nice,” she said.

At the Santa Ana Catholic church in the town of Noord, also outside the capital, the Rev. Rudy Lampe told about 300 parishioners to “pray to give the family an oasis of peace.”

“Today we stand with the family of Natalee,” Lampe said. “This is the first time something like this has happened on our island so we are all in shock.”

A couple of pictures of Holloway were posted at the entrance to the church. Back home in Mountain Brook, Ala., residents also attended services to pray for Natalee and scribbled notes of support and concern on a special dedication wall.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8169252/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »

Search for woman continues
By Pedro Famous Diaz
ASSOCIATED PRESS

11:24 a.m. June 5, 2005

SAN NICOLAS, Aruba – Authorities in Aruba detained two men Sunday in connection with the disappearance of an Alabama teenager, who went missing nearly a week ago while on a high school graduation trip, the attorney general said.

Caren Janssen called the men "suspects" in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, 18, but declined to provide further details. The men, who were not among the three described Saturday by police as "persons of interest," were being interrogated Sunday morning.

Investigators also seized three cars and were conducting forensic tests on them, Janssen said.

"We are at this moment right in the middle of the investigation," Janssen later told CNN. "There may be others involved. I can't tell you the details why they are suspects. That would be damaging" to the investigation.

Police also planned to conduct forensic tests on a bloody mattress found on a beach in eastern Aruba. The mattress was found in thick brush at Grapefield beach, deputy police chief Gerold Dompig said.

More than two dozen Dutch marines combed the beach, a desolate coastal area of volcanic rock and sea grape plants. They poked the sand with thin sticks as a police helicopter sat upshore.

"The search is related to the discovery of a bloody mattress," Dompig told The Associated Press.

She would not say whether the suspects had provided information about Holloway's whereabouts. A reward of about $50,000 is being offered for her safe return.

"We are continuing the search for the missing girl," Janssen said.

The men could be charged later Sunday, she said. Suspects in the Dutch Caribbean island can be detained without charge for 48 hours, and then a judge must determine whether their detention is legal.

Twenty police officers and FBI agents, who are playing a supportive role in the investigation, took the two men – ages 30 and 28 – into custody at two different houses in the southeastern town of San Nicolas, according to an AP photographer at the scene. More than a dozen FBI agents were on the island assisting in the investigation.

Police knocked on the door of one house, put the suspect on the floor and handcuffed him. Officers later detained a second man. They both were led to an unmarked police car and taken away. Police also left the premises with bags holding unidentified items.

Neighbors described the men as security guards who worked at a hotel closed down for renovation near where the teen was staying at the Holiday Inn. Police and FBI agents searched the hotel Saturday.

Dompig confirmed that the suspects were security guards.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20050605-1124-aruba-missinggirl.html

Sharon - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »

Two men charged in Aruba missing-student case
Sunday, June 5, 2005 Posted: 4:56 PM EDT (2056 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- Police charged two security guards detained Sunday with crimes related to the disappearance of an 18-year-old Alabama student on Aruba.

Aruba chief prosecutor Karen Janssen declined Sunday afternoon to specify the charges related to the Natalee Holloway missing person case.

Authorities will hold the men for at least two days, Janssen said.

Aruba is a Dutch protectorate, and under Dutch law, police are not required to charge suspects immediately on arrest.

Police Chief Jan van Strantan said in the Sunday news conference that police and the FBI determined that bloodstains on a mattress found earlier Sunday were from a dog.

Van Strantan called for the assistance of FBI diving teams to aid in the search for Holloway.

He said that none of the student's possessions had been found in the men's three cars or other items police seized Sunday.

Van Strantan said the two men are security guards at the Hotel Allegro near the Holiday Inn where Holloway was staying.

Oranjestad police and FBI agents took the two men into custody at their homes in the southwestern Aruba town of San Nicolas, police said.

The men were seen leaving their respective houses calmly and without resistance. Police were seen later carrying bags out of the house.

The men, ages 28 and 30, were not among the three men in whose company Holloway was last seen.

Police also took three cars for "further technical investigation," Janssen told CNN.

On Saturday, police spent much of the afternoon at Hotel Allegro, which is being renovated. They refused to say what led them to the site or what they found, if anything.

Police insist that Holloway is missing, and are conducting their investigation under that assumption, although they have not ruled out the possibility of kidnapping or other foul play.

Continued......

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/06/05/missing.teen/index.html

Sharon - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »

Teen's disappearance a criminal case
Aruba police say three men are 'people of interest'
Sunday, June 5, 2005 Posted: 7:54 AM EDT (1154 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- Aruba police are treating the case of a missing Alabama high school graduate as a criminal investigation but still hope she will be found unharmed, a police spokesman said Saturday night.
Natalee Holloway, 18, was on a senior trip with classmates when she went missing nearly a week ago.

Rudie Soemers, night watch commander, said the effort to find her became a criminal case two days after her disappearance. The woman from the affluent Birmingham suburb of Mountain Brook was last seen leaving a nightclub called Carlos 'n' Charlie's in the town of Oranjestad.

Witnesses said she left in a car with three local young men between the ages of 18 and 25 at about 1:30 a.m. Monday.

Friends have said they have pictures of her dancing with young men at the club.

Authorities have said they talked to the three men who left with her, and the men claim they took Holloway to Arashi Beach before dropping her off at her hotel at about 2 a.m.

The Associated Press reports her uncle, Paul Reynolds, as saying he was told security cameras did not show her return to the hotel that night. The AP says police declined to comment on that report.

"We're still looking, we're still hoping she's alive," Soemers told CNN. He said several people claim they've seen the girl, but the leads have gone nowhere.
Aruba police have three theories concerning her disappearance.

The first theory is that "people of interest" -- the three men Holloway was last seen with early Monday morning -- may have harmed her, deputy police chief Gerald Dompig said.

The second theory is that Holloway may have chosen to disappear "on her own accord," and still a third theory is that Holloway may have been kidnapped, he said. Even if Holloway did disappear on her own, whoever has harbored her will face criminal charges, Soemers said.

Police spent much of Saturday afternoon at a hotel under renovation near the Holiday Inn where Holloway was staying. They refused to say what led them to the site or what they found, if anything.

In a news conference back in Birmingham, Holloway's aunt, Marcia Twitty, said Saturday that based on information police have relayed to the family, "We feel that we will have a definitive answer in 24 hours."

Aruba's Prime Minister Nelson O. Oduber said Friday that more FBI agents had been added to help in the search, and efforts will be concentrated around coastal areas. Aiding the FBI and Aruba police in the search are Holloway's family members, tourists, Aruban nationals and Dutch marines.

Oduber pledged his nation's "full support and utmost dedication" in finding Holloway. "We are shocked and completely distressed at this turn of events," he said. "We will not tolerate any activities that harm our American friends or tarnish Aruba's reputation."

Rewards and yellow ribbons

Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, who flew to Aruba to help search efforts, said about 20 to 40 of Holloway's classmates saw her leave.

"Natalee's bags were packed and ready to go," Beth Twitty told CNN Friday. "Everything was packed. Her passport was in her purse -- she even had the remaining cash she had on her in her purse -- it was in her room, everything was zipped up. She was ready to go home."

"This is such a mystery. It's a mystery to Aruba, and it's a mystery to the United States," she said.

She said she has tried to remain focused and driven during the search because "I wanted to make sure that she would be as proud of me as I am of her in accomplishing our one goal and that is to find Natalee."

Holloway was on the trip to Aruba with about 100 Mountain Brook High School students to celebrate their graduation. Marcia Twitty said Saturday that the Holloway family "absolutely" believes the seven parent chaperones on the Aruba trip did all they could.

Holloway is a straight-A student and a member of the National Honor Society as well as the school's dance team. She has an academic scholarship to the University of Alabama.

The family has posted a $50,000 reward for any information leading to her whereabouts. A family representative said the money was donated in $10,000 increments from the Aruban Tourist Board, the family, the Aruban government, an anonymous donor and the additional $10,000 from various other sources.
The family has asked members of the Mountain Brook community to post yellow ribbons in her honor. In addition, some area youths are making bracelets. Daily prayer services are being held for Holloway.

She is described as being 5 feet 4 inches tall and 110 pounds. The FBI announced Saturday a tip line for Holloway. People with any information are encouraged to call 1-877-628-2533.

CNN Correspondent Karl Penhaul contributed to this report

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/06/04/missing.teen/

Sharon - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »

Teen's disappearance a criminal case
Aruba police say three men are 'people of interest'
Sunday, June 5, 2005 Posted: 7:54 AM EDT (1154 GMT)

Police spent much of Saturday afternoon at a hotel under renovation near the Holiday Inn where Holloway was staying. They refused to say what led them to the site or what they found, if anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/06/04/missing.teen/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »

The Definition of Frustration!

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Dec. 5th
updated 6:18 a.m. PT, Tues., Dec. 6, 2005

BETH TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: ... Remember, within the first 24 hours, we knew who the suspects were. We knew the persons that Natalee were taken from Carlos and Charlie‘s. We knew the license plate of the gray Honda they placed her in. We knew the condition that Natalee was in. We knew the behavior or the conduct in which they engaged in with Natalee.

And then not only that, Jane, within 72 hours, we knew that their first story was totally fabricated, that within the first 72 hours, I faced a room of 12 -- at least 12 detectives, Aruban and Dutch detectives, and a lead detective, Dennis Jacobs (ph), and they knew after we reviewed video footage from the Holiday Inn casino lobby that my daughter had never been brought back to the Holiday Inn. They knew that those suspects were fabricating a story from day one.

Well, Jane, something that the family knew—and we have to keep reminding everyone—after 72 hours -- 72 hours—we knew definitively that these suspects were not telling the truth. We knew that my daughter had never been brought back to the Holiday Inn. Of course we were becoming frustrated. Who wouldn‘t, at this point? You know, we—and what was so unbelievable about this, is they knew this information and still chose to pursue the two security guards on June the 5th.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10348437/

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 21st
updated 10/23/2005 4:46:55 PM ET

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: They never—they never wanted to implicate these three young men.  They never wanted to implicate them from the beginning. ....

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9796403/from/RL.2/

Page 120:
  Natalee never returned to the Holiday Inn. We had seen the tapes with a room full of police officials.  These two security guards also do not appear on the Holiday Inn security videos that we were shown.  So why these arrests?  Islanders are outraged.  And so are we.  It’s blatant discrimination.

_____

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.