April 19, 2024, 10:18:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sylar Newton 2 yo, Arizona- missing since 7/25/10(Remains found)  (Read 106060 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amber-Alerts-Examiner~y2010m8d11-Sylar-Newton-case-Distant-relative-Donny-Newton-finds-bones-believed-to-be-Sylar-in-Arizona-video
Sylar Newton case: Distant relative Donny Newton finds bones believed to be Sylar in Arizona (video)
August 11, 2010

A distant relative of Sylar Newton, Donny Newton, is the person who found the bones believed to be missing Sylar Newton. It is unclear whether Sylar was abducted and murdered, was killed as a result of child abuse or neglect, or wandered off from the Beaver Creek Campground and died. Just one week ago, another 2-year-old boy wandered away from his home and wandered three miles before he was found dead: Emmett Trapp.

An autopsy is underway to determine the cause of death in both Sylar Newton and Emmett Trapp’s case. Both boys were from Yavapai County, Arizona.

Donny Newton says that he did not know he was a distant relative of Sylar’s but was moved with compassion about Sylar’s case. He was a vocal presence on the ‘Find Syler Newton’ Facebook page and spent hours looking for Sylar.

His find is not without its detractors.

Authorities always question the person who finds a person’s remains, especially when it is a child. Caylee Anthony was missing for six months and Roy Kronk, a meter reader, called authorities several times to notify them that he found remains which he thought may have been Caylee Anthony’s. Now, Casey Anthony’s defense team is trying to put blame on him.

James King reported to the media that he prayed and God led him through the thick, swamplands of Florida to find Nadia Bloom. He was crucified by the public and underwent a thorough investigation after he called 911 to say he had found the missing Autistic girl. Authorities concluded that it was a miracle and no charges were pressed against him.

Donny Newton was questioned today by authorities, as is normal procedure with missing children cases. There are several suggestions as to why the Yavapai Sheriff’s department did not find Sylar’s remains but rather Donny Newton did. It is possible the area (a wash) where the remains were found may have been underwater several weeks ago.

Sylar Newton disappeared on July 25, 2010. Though a final identification has not been made, authorities say they feel confident the remains are those of Sylar Newton.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:30:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »

I am sorry that Sylar was not born to parents who would have loved him and kept him safe..He is safe now with the other angels...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2010, 01:29:56 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m8d12-Sylar-Newton-update-Authorities-say-remains-found-Tuesday-are-those-of-2yearold-Arizona-boy
Sylar Newton update: Authorities say remains found Tuesday are those of 2-year-old Arizona boy
August 12, 2010

Sylar Newton update: Authorities say remains found Tuesday are those of 2-year-old Arizona boy

Although a DNA test has not yet confirmed whether the remains of a small child found Tuesday belong to Sylar Newton, authorities in Yavapai County, Arizona say the discovered remains are those of the 2-year-old.

Dwight D’Evelyn told HLN that DNA testing results may take several days to complete.

On July 24, Sylar was seen playing around the Beaver Creek campgrounds at about 9:30 p.m. At about midnight, his custodial mother, Tina Priem, said she saw him asleep in his sleeping bag inside the tent. However, by at about 1:45 a.m. she said he was gone. Priem claims to have searched for him in the area and then called 911 at about 2:30 a.m. Officials arrived on scene around 3 a.m.

Authorities don’t believe the toddler wandered off by himself from the campsite. Capt. David Rhodes with the sheriff’s office told KTVK “Sylar’s disappearance most likely was not an accident.”

Priem told authorities she was in the process of adopting Sylar from his biological mother, Charity Newton, who had reportedly given Priem custody of the child.

D’Evelyn told HLN that the a did not “appear to be a legal adoption, but some informal arrangement.”

No persons of interest or suspects have been named in the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2010, 01:31:52 AM »

I'm moving this over to the "Missing Found Deceased" Thread.  Rest in peace, Sylar.   an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »

http://prescottdailycourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=84237
Yavapai Silent Witness, FBI offer $3,500 reward in Sylar Newton case
August 12, 2010

Yavapai Silent Witness and the Federal Bureau of Investigation  are offering a $3,500 cash reward for information that leads to the arrest of the persons involved in the death of Sylar Newton.

Yavapai Silent Witness is offering $1,000 of the reward, and the FBI is offering an additional $2,500 for the arrest and conviction of the suspects, said Steve Skurja, program director for Yavapai Silent Witness.

Sylar was camping with his custodial mother and her family when the 2-year-old boy disappeared from their Beaver Creek Camp Ground campsite on July 24. The camping area is near the community of Rimrock in the Verde Valley, about 75 miles south of Flagstaff.

Sylar was last seen that evening. A two-week search revealed human remains approximately 2 miles from the campsite that authorities believe are those of Sylar.

Anyone with information about this case should call Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-(800)-932-3232, and remember that with Yavapai Silent Witness you never have to give your name.

Bolded by me

It's been confirmed by authorities the remains are Sylar Newton's.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m8d12-Sylar-Newton-update-Authorities-say-remains-found-Tuesday-are-those-of-2yearold-Arizona-boy

Newton update: Authorities say remains found Tuesday are those of 2-year-old Arizona boy
(snip)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2010, 01:48:51 AM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Massive-search-for-toddler-who-wandered-away-from-campsite-near-Rimrock-99205609.html

Massive search for toddler who wandered away from campsite near Rimrock

by Alicia E. Barrón
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Updated today at 7:37 AM

RIMROCK, Ariz. - Search and rescue teams are in the Arizona wilderness looking for a toddler who wandered away from his family.

The search is going on around the Beaver Creek campground just north of Rimrock and 3TV has learned there has been a twist in the search.

Originally 2-year-old Syler Newton was thought to have gone missing while camping with his mother, grandmother and siblings. Yavapai County sheriff’s deputies now tell 3TV the woman who reported the boy missing was not his mother but has been trying to adopt him for some time.

It is still unclear what role that plays in this situation. Deputies say they are still operating under the assumption that Syler just wandered away from the campground.

The adults reportedly discovered that Syler was missing from his sleeping bag just before 2 a.m. Sunday.

The boy has light brown hair, blue eyes and he was only wearing a diaper. He is about 3 feet tall and weighs approximately 20 pounds.

Dwight Develyn, with YCSO, says, “We're obviously very concerned about a 2-year-old wandering around up in this wilderness area. We've brought in over 50 rescue personnel including bloodhounds, horses, we've had helicopter flyovers by DPS Ranger, ATV, tracking teams and on and on to try and locate this child."

The search continues in full force but the new information that there was some sort of custody issue going on between the boy's biological parents and the woman who was with him at the campground should play a part in this investigation.

Bloodhounds have been given a piece of Syler's clothing for tracking. Investigators are looking into foul play and are not ruling anything out at this point.

Edit to correct name in subject title.  MB

crazybabyborg
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2010, 02:30:57 AM »

This breaks my heart. It just breaks my heart. Children are so innocent. How can an adult betray the trust given them by a child? Is it so hard to love?

God, please hold Syler a second longer for us. Please smile to him with us in your thoughts. Please touch the hearts of all people in this world so our eyes may see the Miracle and Blessing of children! God, forgive us of all things that have brought us to stray so far from love and help this world seek repentence.

Rest in Peace, Joy and Love forever, Syler in the place your Guardian Angel carried you when this world let you down!

Matthew 18:10: See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually behold the face of My Father who is in Heaven.
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2010, 02:31:18 AM »

August 12, 2010

Although a DNA test has not yet confirmed whether the remains of a small child found Tuesday belong to Sylar Newton, authorities in Yavapai County, Arizona say the discovered remains are those of the 2-year-old.

Dwight D’Evelyn told HLN that DNA testing results may take several days to complete.

On July 24, Sylar was seen playing around the Beaver Creek campgrounds at about 9:30 p.m. At about midnight, his custodial mother, Tina Priem, said she saw him asleep in his sleeping bag inside the tent. However, by at about 1:45 a.m. she said he was gone. Priem claims to have searched for him in the area and then called 911 at about 2:30 a.m. Officials arrived on scene around 3 a.m.

Authorities don’t believe the toddler wandered off by himself from the campsite. Capt. David Rhodes with the sheriff’s office told KTVK “Sylar’s disappearance most likely was not an accident.”

Priem told authorities she was in the process of adopting Sylar from his biological mother, Charity Newton, who had reportedly given Priem custody of the child.

D’Evelyn told HLN that the a did not “appear to be a legal adoption, but some informal arrangement.”

that is heart breaking. I see they think it was not an accident either.

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2010, 07:22:46 AM »

August 12, 2010

Is this not the face of trust, innocence, and happiness.  Why?  What happened?  Rest in the loving arms of your creator, Sylar.  God bless!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2010, 07:24:54 AM »

I'm moving this over to the "Missing Found Deceased" Thread.  Rest in peace, Sylar.   an angelic monkey

Muffy, there are too many going over there lately.  We need a miracle.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »

RIP little one, no one can ever hurt you again....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »

Rest in Peace Sweet Angel Sylar...I would have spoiled you rotten had you been mine. I know my friend Pat is rocking you right now with that beautiful smile of hers. God Bless and keep you in His Loving Embrace.

My heart is broken to read here this morning. God is trying to tell the people something and no one seems to be listening. When did our children become disposable? There is no excuse this day and time for unwanted pregnancies. Birth control is free, if you can't pay for it. I hope his egg donor is charged, she deserves it as much as whoever took Sylar's precious little life. I just can't ask God to have mercy on their souls. There has to be a special level in hell for those that hurt children. So sad this morning.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »

I know we can't hold Syler now, but I feel like we need to hug each other! I can't look at that picture of Syler without crying. Total trust, as he looks up, is registered in that unique look of a child. We've seen it in our own toddlers and we comprehend the vulnerability that is behind that look.

How did we come to a place where this can happen?

We have got to strengthen the part of us that is broken over such a tragedy! A darkened space gives way to light, but a lit candle is not overcome when darkness approaches. Good is more powerful than evil. Let it be that we all let our light shine brightly! Pray for the light to reach us all!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2010, 12:14:24 AM »

This breaks my heart. It just breaks my heart. Children are so innocent. How can an adult betray the trust given them by a child? Is it so hard to love?

God, please hold Syler a second longer for us. Please smile to him with us in your thoughts. Please touch the hearts of all people in this world so our eyes may see the Miracle and Blessing of children! God, forgive us of all things that have brought us to stray so far from love and help this world seek repentence.

Rest in Peace, Joy and Love forever, Syler in the place your Guardian Angel carried you when this world let you down!

Matthew 18:10: See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually behold the face of My Father who is in Heaven.
Thank you CBB, that was beautiful!!!! an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2010, 12:49:49 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amber-Alerts-Examiner~y2010m8d11-Sylar-Newton-case-Distant-relative-Donny-Newton-finds-bones-believed-to-be-Sylar-in-Arizona-video
Sylar Newton case: Distant relative Donny Newton finds bones believed to be Sylar in Arizona (video)
August 11, 2010

A distant relative of Sylar Newton, Donny Newton, is the person who found the bones believed to be missing Sylar Newton. It is unclear whether Sylar was abducted and murdered, was killed as a result of child abuse or neglect, or wandered off from the Beaver Creek Campground and died. Just one week ago, another 2-year-old boy wandered away from his home and wandered three miles before he was found dead: Emmett Trapp.

An autopsy is underway to determine the cause of death in both Sylar Newton and Emmett Trapp’s case. Both boys were from Yavapai County, Arizona.

Donny Newton says that he did not know he was a distant relative of Sylar’s but was moved with compassion about Sylar’s case. He was a vocal presence on the ‘Find Syler Newton’ Facebook page and spent hours looking for Sylar.

His find is not without its detractors.

Authorities always question the person who finds a person’s remains, especially when it is a child. Caylee Anthony was missing for six months and Roy Kronk, a meter reader, called authorities several times to notify them that he found remains which he thought may have been Caylee Anthony’s. Now, Casey Anthony’s defense team is trying to put blame on him.

James King reported to the media that he prayed and God led him through the thick, swamplands of Florida to find Nadia Bloom. He was crucified by the public and underwent a thorough investigation after he called 911 to say he had found the missing Autistic girl. Authorities concluded that it was a miracle and no charges were pressed against him.

Donny Newton was questioned today by authorities, as is normal procedure with missing children cases. There are several suggestions as to why the Yavapai Sheriff’s department did not find Sylar’s remains but rather Donny Newton did. It is possible the area (a wash) where the remains were found may have been underwater several weeks ago.

Sylar Newton disappeared on July 25, 2010. Though a final identification has not been made, authorities say they feel confident the remains are those of Sylar Newton.

If I remember right, this Donny Newton that found the body and was also posting on the "find Syler" facebook page, was also posting under the name of "Sherrif Joe" or something to that affect, either on the websleuths or insessions site. I remember reading how he discovered he was a distant relative and that he was going out there everyday to search for Sylar because he felt drawn to the area (?) He was even asking for advice on where else to look from the other posters there. Did anyone else see this and remember where it was he was posting? I am glad little Sylar was found but it is just a little bit hinky that this guy was the one who found him. Maybe it is just a coincidence that he was the one to find him. His post wherever it was I read did seem sincere. I guess LE will look into all angles of course.

Rest in peace little Sylar. I wish I could have rescued you myself from the deplorable little life you were handed. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2010, 12:57:05 AM »

videos at this link that are interesting. Also a video of "cousin donny" who found remains. I aven't watched yet so I have not formed an opinion.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Sylars-custodial-mom-goes-head-to-head-with-ex-over-kids-100672174.html

(snipped headline)

Sylar's custodial mom goes head-to-head with ex over kids

by Kristine Harrington

azfamily.com

Posted on August 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM
Related:

* Cash reward offered in case of N. Ariz. toddler found dead near Rimrock
    * UNCUT: Sylar Newton's cousin talks to 3TV about finding human remains
    * Remains found near Beaver Creek wash possibly those of missing toddler

Kristine Harrington reports the custodial mother of Sylar Newton went head-to-head with her ex-husband in court over custody of their two biological children.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »

videos at this link that are interesting. Also a video of "cousin donny" who found remains. I aven't watched yet so I have not formed an opinion.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Sylars-custodial-mom-goes-head-to-head-with-ex-over-kids-100672174.html

(snipped headline)

Sylar's custodial mom goes head-to-head with ex over kids

by Kristine Harrington

azfamily.com

Posted on August 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM
Related:

* Cash reward offered in case of N. Ariz. toddler found dead near Rimrock
    * UNCUT: Sylar Newton's cousin talks to 3TV about finding human remains
    * Remains found near Beaver Creek wash possibly those of missing toddler

Kristine Harrington reports the custodial mother of Sylar Newton went head-to-head with her ex-husband in court over custody of their two biological children.
I just watched the video of the man who found little Sylar and feel strongly that he was just trying to help find the child. He gets a little emotional several times during the video and talks of his own 1 year old grandson. I apologize for casting any doubt whatsoever on this gentleman. He seems to be a very sincere and giving person and feel I really sad that he had to be the one to find this baby. I can't imagine how difficult those images are for him.

RIP Sylar, I pray that the truth surfaces soon. an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2010, 08:34:29 AM »

Thank you for the articles, vid and updates cartfly.  Sylar's little body has been recovered and now it's time to find out just what happened, and I hope there will be justice. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »

http://www.kpho.com/news/24641967/detail.html
Exclusive: Sister Defends Custodial Mom In Sylar Newton Case
Woman Denies Sister’s Involvement In Son’s Disappearance, Death

August 15, 2010

Pictures and memories are all Diana Collins has left of her 2-year-old nephew, Sylar Newton.

"The entire family has just been devastated since we found out," Collins said.
(snip)
"I know its normal in an investigation to rule out suspects by asking them questions and things, but I think they've taken it a bit far with my sister," Collins said.

Flagstaff police are familiar with Sylar and Priem. In January an anonymous tip claimed Priem was on drugs and suffered anger management problems. The reports claim that when police got to the apartment Sylar and Prime were staying, an officer found Sylar sitting at a kitchen table smiling at Priem; a friend was cooking dinner. The claim was dismissed.

"My sister has had some problems, but this was her child, this was her baby boy and I think people need to remember that," Priem said.

When asked if her sister had anything to do with Sylar’s disappearance or death, Collins was quick to respond.

"Absolutely not, absolutely not,” Collins said.

The Yavapai county sheriff’s department has not named any suspects in the case.

The medical examiner has not determined the identity of the body discovered near the campsite, or cause of death.

(snip)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »

This is dated Aug. 20th and it still says 'presumed dead'.....we already know he is dead, but there are other interesting things in the article...so I'll post it. Sorry if it has already been posted.

Missing boy exposed to drugs, abuse
Court records reveal details of day Sylar Newton disappeared
8/20/10

The 2-year-old boy who vanished from a campground near Sedona in July and is presumed dead may have ingested drugs and been physically abused on the day he disappeared, new court records show.

Search warrants obtained by 12 News include statements taken from Sylar Newton's custodial mother Christina Priem, and her mother, Nancy Collins.

Documents show Collins admitted to smoking marijuana on July 24, the day Sylar was last seen alive. Collins also told deputies Sylar got into her purse and swallowed a prescription muscle relaxant. Priem's 11-year-old daughter told detectives she could not wake up Sylar later that day. Drowsiness is a listed side effect of the medication.

Both Priem and Collins told detectives they each took methadone on a regular basis. The drug is commonly prescribed to people attempting to overcome heroin addictions.

In the court records, detectives stated they believe Sylar was physically abused hours before his disappearance. Campers at a nearby campsite told authorities they saw either Priem or Collins push Sylar to the ground because he could not find his shoes. Witnesses also said they heard one of them being verbally abusive to the child.

That evening, other campers told detectives they heard Sylar crying for two hours.

On July 25, Priem told detectives she woke up at about 2 a.m. and discovered Sylar was missing from their tent. Priem called 911.

Deputies and volunteers searched extensively for several days but failed to locate the boy.

Sylar's biological mother, Charity Newton, who gave Priem custody said she had not heard some of these new details and feels betrayed.

"I blame her 100 percent," Newton said. "She was trusted to take care of my son and obviously didn't."

Yavapai County Sheriff's detectives believe human remains found last week near the Beaver Creek Campground are those of Sylar Newton. They are investigating his disappearance as a criminal case.

The Yavapai County Medical Examiner has not yet identified the remains found.

Sheriff's detectives have served search warrants on the Flagstaff homes of Priem and Collins looking for various types of evidence as part of the ongoing investigation.

No arrests have been made.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/08/20/20100820sylarcourtrecords.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.