April 25, 2024, 10:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sylar Newton 2 yo, Arizona- missing since 7/25/10(Remains found)  (Read 106225 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 02:04:57 AM »

This is the adoptive mom's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem

Hi, my name is Tina. I live in Flagstaff. I have three children, Sabrina 10, Jacob 12, and Sylar 1 1/2. They are my world. I just like to hang out and relax. Anything else you would like to know about me, just message me. ..

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem#ixzz0uqAxAxkT

I believe this is/was her boyfriend:

http://www.myspace.com/domvespucci

Don't know who the bio mom is yet

Klaas if this her Boyfriend - he makes me want to HURL ........
o.m.g. he is a classic 

If you look up - I posted her " adoptive Mom's" other myspace from 2008. She says she is a Mom of 2.
She makes no mention of Sylar. No photos different than the myspace you found.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 02:06:08 AM »

I hate to ask this ... but
Has any Monkey heard or read.

Do they/LE have proof by any of the other campers? That Syler was actually on this camping trip?

That Someone other than the family ' witnessed' him with this family? sigh.

Deenie, the Sheriff said at the news conference that several of the campers (non-family members) saw the little guy playing around his campsite as late as 9:30 or so, so he was there.
Thank You PINK  an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 03:56:02 AM »

snipped from above article:

"We're all really, really scared, because he's only 20 pounds," she said. "He could have been carried away easily. He could have froze last night or gotten heatstroke today.

This weight has to be wrong. My son at 8 months weighed 25 pounds!! (he was a little chubby, but not by more than a few pounds) If this weight is correct, I would think he would be severely underweight. Anyone remember about what the average weight is for a 2 year old ? I realize all kids are different, but this weight to me is way off.

Been awhile, my youngest is 25 yrs old.  Am guessing that an average 2 yr old boy would be about 30 lbs, give or take a couple lbs? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 04:36:19 AM »

Am going to go back and read again, and will be watching for this info as this story unfolds:   

Was there a court order removing Syler from his bio mom?

If so, was Syler then placed in the foster care system, who then placed him with this other woman, who then had the option to adopt him and began that process?

If not, was there just some kind of agreement between bio mom and this other woman, with Syler given over into her care? 

If so, is that legal? 

If not, how can this other woman legally adopt Syler? 

What about the bio dad, and was he in agreement with the adoption? 

Seems the bio mom was in agreement at some point for this other woman to take care of Syler.  Could she have only meant for that to happen but not for this other woman to actually adopt him?  And if so, could she have come in the middle of the night and grabbed him?   

I've been camping with lil ones, as have most likely many of you.  Just trying to wrap my mind around how hard it would be for someone to sneak in a tent and grab one child out, with no one hearing or waking up.  Seems like that would take a lot of nerve right there.  IMO. 

On the other hand, a good majority of parents might wake up if a 2 yr old were to crawl across them in the tent, and escape out the zippered door.  Wait, was the door zippered shut?  Would a 2 yr old even know how to unzip a tent door?  Well some are pretty dang smart tho. 

I wake up even when my doxie rolls over in bed, but I know that doesn't mean that everyone would wake up when a lil one sleeping near them woke up and scooted off.   

Am not so sure a lil one that age would wander off by themselves, barefoot, in the pitch darkness.  Even my adventurous oldest son who liked to climb ladders to the roof at 2 yrs old, still was a bit leery in the pitch dark. 

The dogs found scent of Syler in the area, but did they pick up a trail scent leading from the tent away and beyond? 

Just brings me back to the likelihood of someone reaching in and scooping him up.  I'd be looking first at the bio mom and bio dad. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 04:59:19 AM »

From the article upthread:
He is about 3 feet tall and weighs approximately 20 pounds.

~~~

So that's about 36 inches tall and weighs about 20 lbs. 

I looked it up online and find that the average for a 2 yr old boy is:
height - 31 inches and weight - 28 lbs. 

According to the reports then, Syler seems to be 5 inches taller than average, and about 8 lbs underweight. 

????????????? 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 05:19:52 AM »

Wkys - did you read all that I posted on Adopto Mom?

Did you read my posts?

The Aunt Adopto to me and Adopto Mom are hinky to me - both. I posted what the Adopto Aunt said - via her interview - she said he could have froze or suffered heat stroke - all my posts are on page one.   

The video that is on the front page of Scared Monkeys - not the forum but the Front page.
I posted the link - yet I could not embed the vid. The Adopto Mom - walks past the media and does not stop. She though gives this huge display of .. I am doing horrible, find my baby, ..yadda .. Weird. She walks off to no destination is why I say Weird. Its not like she had a place to go.  She could have gave the media a sounding board " to the camera" My child is missing and he looks like .. nope. nope. nope.

I agree with you about the 20lbs. 3ft tall and 20lbs does not add up - regardless of age.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 05:48:45 AM »

More info from a link upthread:

< bolded by me >

The Flagstaff family went to the campsite on Friday. According to Dwight D'Evelyn, spokesman for the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, the custodial mother claims she last saw Syler around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday inside a tent immediately adjacent to the tent she slept in.

At approximately 1:45 a.m., she found Syler missing and conducted a search before calling 911. D'Evelyn said the first official call recorded by YCSO Communications came at approximately 2:30 a.m. from a camp host and deputies were on scene by 3 a.m.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Massive-search-for-toddler-who-wandered-away-from-campsite-near-Rimrock-99205609.html?commentPage=0#comments

~~~

WTH ???????????  on two counts!!   

First.. The adoptive mom was sleeping in a tent next to the one the 2 yr old was in.         Why wasn't Syler in HER tent??   Was it kids in one, adult women in the other?? 

Second.. She finds him missing about 1.45a, looks around for 45 minutes or so, then makes a call about 2.30a, deputies arrive about a half hour later, about 3.00a.  It took her 45 minutes to look around before making a call for help??? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:44 AM »

Wkys - did you read all that I posted on Adopto Mom?

Did you read my posts?

The Aunt Adopto to me and Adopto Mom are hinky to me - both. I posted what the Adopto Aunt said - via her interview - she said he could have froze or suffered heat stroke - all my posts are on page one.   

The video that is on the front page of Scared Monkeys - not the forum but the Front page.
I posted the link - yet I could not embed the vid. The Adopto Mom - walks past the media and does not stop. She though gives this huge display of .. I am doing horrible, find my baby, ..yadda .. Weird. She walks off to no destination is why I say Weird. Its not like she had a place to go.  She could have gave the media a sounding board " to the camera" My child is missing and he looks like .. nope. nope. nope.

I agree with you about the 20lbs. 3ft tall and 20lbs does not add up - regardless of age.

Yeppers Deenie, and I agree with you!!  Hinky indeed!  Sometimes hot hot days do give over to cooler nights, even thunderstorms at times.  Still and all, I kinda doubt the nights went into freezing temps.  Heat stroke during the day, I can see that.  And yet... wouldn't she have noticed something earlier in the day/evening if that were the case?  I read those temp charts, interesting! 

Was reading the comments sections in one of the news articles, and there's a comment by someone who supposedly was there at the campground that weekend.  Hope they come back and say more about why they say this.  Dunno if it's true or not, just what they say.  Here's the post:

Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010
by: WAS THERE

We were there camping this weekend and if you ask any other camper that witnessed this tragedy, look at the family would be the first comment out of their mouths. I hope the lil guy is found, but chances are that he is no longer at that site.

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?TypeID=1&ArticleID=83631&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&Page=1

SunshineJan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »

This is the adoptive mom's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem

Hi, my name is Tina. I live in Flagstaff. I have three children, Sabrina 10, Jacob 12, and Sylar 1 1/2. They are my world. I just like to hang out and relax. Anything else you would like to know about me, just message me. ..

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem#ixzz0uqAxAxkT

I believe this is/was her boyfriend:

http://www.myspace.com/domvespucci

Don't know who the bio mom is yet

It appears that the bio mother was Charity Newton from Texas.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »

July 27th

The FBI has also been called in for the case. They are interviewing the biological mother to find out the situation surrounding the boy's care.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northern_az/other/frantic-search-for-missing-2-year-old-continues-in-northern-arizona

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »

Hi SunshineJan, and welcome!   

Am curious how you know the bio mom's name, was that reported in the media?  And if so, do you have the link?  thanx 

SunshineJan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »

Am curious how you know the bio mom's name, was that reported in the media?  And if so, do you have the link?  thanx 

A relative of the adoptive mother has a My Space page and on her page there is a comment from Divine Hunter (Charity Newton) that says back in March 2008 that she is one day past due and having contractions and expects to have the baby soon.  That was 3 days before Syler was born.  On the adoptiver mother's page, there is a friend link to a C. Newton.  Also, C. Newton posted on July 27, 2010 and has a picture of Syler on her icon.  Using google, there is/was a Charity Newton in Texas that is in the right age range.  Police said the mother was from out of state. I can't remember the rest of the details but several people followed one link to another and another and it led to the probability that Charity Newton is Syler's mother.  In some places, like the missing poster, the child's name is spelled Sylar.  Have I confused you enough yet?  I haven't heard the bio mother's name on the news yet.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »

A relative of the adoptive mother has a My Space page and on her page there is a comment from Divine Hunter (Charity Newton) that says back in March 2008 that she is one day past due and having contractions and expects to have the baby soon.  That was 3 days before Syler was born.  On the adoptiver mother's page, there is a friend link to a C. Newton.  Also, C. Newton posted on July 27, 2010 and has a picture of Syler on her icon.  Using google, there is/was a Charity Newton in Texas that is in the right age range.  Police said the mother was from out of state. I can't remember the rest of the details but several people followed one link to another and another and it led to the probability that Charity Newton is Syler's mother.  In some places, like the missing poster, the child's name is spelled Sylar.  Have I confused you enough yet?  I haven't heard the bio mother's name on the news yet.

Interesting info!  Thanks for explaining that!   

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »

[/quoted
Thanks sunshine, great catch!! Welcome to SM also  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

Usually I can feel a Hinky Meter Syndrome going on and I dunno......I just don't see it YET... re: family...ya know? When my Son was little we took him camping (gag me--I hated it then and would die if I had to go now) and I always feared him waking up and getting out of the tent and wandering off....

I dunno....need more info. I hope he is safe, but doubt it.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SunshineJan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 04:59:44 PM »

According to another poster on another forum, Sylar's biological mother is accepting friend requests on Facebook and is giving out various photos of Sylar (which is how she says it is spelled) for people to spread around to help in finding her son.  I sent her a friend request to check it out.  Her name is Charity Newton.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »

http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1318063

RIMROCK, Ariz. -- The search for a 2-year-old boy who vanished in the wee hours Sunday from a campground near Sedona, expanded Tuesday.

Several ground teams were involved, along with at least five search dogs. The FBI and units from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office joined the hunt for Syler Newton.

The search is being handled in a two-prong manner, said Dwight D'Evelyn of the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office.

"The first priority is to find Syler, which is the mission of the massive search effort underway with no resource being spared. The second prong is comprised of an extensive investigation into the incident, the parties involved, and anything else that might shed light on Syler's disappearance."

Syler was wearing only a diaper when he was last seen around 12:30 a.m. Sunday sleeping in a tent at the Beaver Creek Campground, near Interstate 17 and State Route 179, south of Flagstaff. His custodial mom discovered him missing about 1:45 a.m.

The custodial mom, Christina Priem, 37, and her mother, Nancy Collins, 57, both from Flagstaff, have taken polygraph examinations, D'Evelyn said. He said that is a typical procedure in such cases and the two have been cooperative with detectives.

Collins and Priem were sleeping in a tent with Syler and Christina's 12-year-old daughter when the boy disappeared, D'Evelyn said. Priem's 14-year-old son and a friend were sleeping in a nearby tent.

Priem told detectives she is in the process of adopting Syler. D'Evelyn said the boy's biological mother has been located, living out of state, and detectives are trying to determine the relationship between her and Priem.

About 25 campers were in the area when Syler was reported missing. D'Evelyn said they had been required to register at the campground and that all cooperated when contacted by detectives.

He said some water pools along the nearby creek can be as deep as 5 feet and divers continued searching them Tuesday.

Syler is described as about 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office immediately via 911 or (928) 771-3260.

(Copyright 2010 Bonneville International Corporation. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. AP contributed to this report.)

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »

Search For Flagstaff Boy, 2, Enters Day 3
Authorities Investigate Custodial Issues

POSTED: 12:46 pm MST July 25, 2010
UPDATED: 2:28 pm MST July 27, 2010

PHOENIX -- The search for a missing 2-year-old boy near Flagstaff has entered its third day and now involves the FBI.

The boy, Syler Newton, is believed to have wandered from Beaver Creek Campgrounds where he was staying with his custodial family, Christina Priem, 37, her two children, and her mother, Nancy Collins.

Syler was last seen around midnight Sunday inside a tent while sleeping with family members. The family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag at about 1:45 a.m. Sunday and called 911.

"I just want my baby to come home safe," said Priem about her soon to be adopted son. "I got up hysterically and then woke everybody up in the campsite, and they all started searching for him and looking for him."

Priem said Syler had no shoes on and was only wearing his diaper. "I don't think he would have gotten as far as they have searched," she added. Preim said she feels like someone took the boy.

"I do feel like someone took him," Priem said in tears, "because...they can't find his body." She also said there was a "Mexican man" near the campsite who bothered her.

"There was a male Mexican man, in his 30s, he kept staring at us all day the day before. He was on his phone, he was talking for hours, in front of this truck, a white truck right across from us."

Meanwhile, authorities said they are looking into custodial issues involving the boy, his adoptive family and the boy's biological mother and that they want to know the relationship between the biological mother and the custodial mother.

Deputies said Priem has undergone a lie detector's test, but the results have not been released. With assistance from FBI agents, Syler's biological mother has been located and interviewed. Details have not been released.

The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office continues to use helicopters and trained bloodhounds to search a grid near the Beaver Creek Campground. Spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said the terrain around the campsite is rough with brush and rocks and some nearby waterways.

A relative of the boy said he loved the water. There were about 25 people camping at the park when the child went missing, investigators said.

Anyone with information about Syler and/or his whereabouts, is urged to contact the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office via 911 or 928-771-3260.

http://www.kpho.com/news/24387159/detail.html 

SunshineJan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »

The missing boy's biological mother said his name is Sylar Orion Newton.  She said the police aren't telling her anything more than what they tell us in the media.  Said she couldn't get through to the FBI on the phone.  She has asked that everyone pray for the safe return of her son. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »

Birth Mom: No Custody Battle over Missing 2-Year-Old

Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 5:08 PM

<snipped>

Now the biological mother of the boy, who lives in Indiana, is speaking out. She told us by phone that she's planning to come to Arizona to search for her son.

"Please return him to the people that he knows, that he loves that love him, that's where he needs to be... we miss him very much, we're all very very worried about him," says Charity Newton. "If he's out there, I dont want them to stop looking for him, if there's a chance that he could be found alive I don't want them to stop."

Syler was camping with his custodial mother, Christina Priem, when he vanished. Priem was in the process of adopting Syler -- Newton says she thought Priem would give him a better life.

"This is nothing to do with a custody battle, I do believe that this is just an unfortunate accident... just because my life is messed up and I felt like I wasn't going to be a very good provider for my son, doesn't mean that I didn't love or care for him," says Newton.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/flagstaff/syler-newton-birth-mom-speaks-out-7-27-2010

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.