March 28, 2024, 04:46:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sylar Newton 2 yo, Arizona- missing since 7/25/10(Remains found)  (Read 105563 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 26, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Massive-search-for-toddler-who-wandered-away-from-campsite-near-Rimrock-99205609.html

Massive search for toddler who wandered away from campsite near Rimrock

by Alicia E. Barrón
Posted on July 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Updated today at 7:37 AM

RIMROCK, Ariz. - Search and rescue teams are in the Arizona wilderness looking for a toddler who wandered away from his family.

The search is going on around the Beaver Creek campground just north of Rimrock and 3TV has learned there has been a twist in the search.

Originally 2-year-old Syler Newton was thought to have gone missing while camping with his mother, grandmother and siblings. Yavapai County sheriff’s deputies now tell 3TV the woman who reported the boy missing was not his mother but has been trying to adopt him for some time.

It is still unclear what role that plays in this situation. Deputies say they are still operating under the assumption that Syler just wandered away from the campground.

The adults reportedly discovered that Syler was missing from his sleeping bag just before 2 a.m. Sunday.

The boy has light brown hair, blue eyes and he was only wearing a diaper. He is about 3 feet tall and weighs approximately 20 pounds.

Dwight Develyn, with YCSO, says, “We're obviously very concerned about a 2-year-old wandering around up in this wilderness area. We've brought in over 50 rescue personnel including bloodhounds, horses, we've had helicopter flyovers by DPS Ranger, ATV, tracking teams and on and on to try and locate this child."

The search continues in full force but the new information that there was some sort of custody issue going on between the boy's biological parents and the woman who was with him at the campground should play a part in this investigation.

Bloodhounds have been given a piece of Syler's clothing for tracking. Investigators are looking into foul play and are not ruling anything out at this point.

Edit to correct name in subject title.  MB
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:50:29 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Investigators-have-not-ruled-out-foul-play-in-toddlers-disappearance-99232034.html

Investigators have not ruled out foul play in toddler's disappearance

by Catherine Holland

Posted on July 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM

RIMROCK, Ariz. -- Investigators search for a missing toddler at a campsite outside Rimrock say they have not ruled out foul play in the little boy's disappearance

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »

Shades of Gabriel Johnson.  Wonder who this adoptive family is?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/nw_valley/2-year-old-goes-missing-from-family-camp-site-07252010

2-Year-Old Goes Missing From Family Camp Site

Updated: Sunday, 25 Jul 2010, 10:46 PM MDT Published : Sunday, 25 Jul 2010, 4:51 PM MDT

RIMROCK, Ariz. - A search is on for a 2-year-old boy who went missing in the woods of Yavapai County overnight Sunday.

Syler Newton was camping with his family at the Beaver Creek Campground near Highway 179 off I-17. At some point while everyone was asleep -- he disappeared.

Authorities said the woman who claimed to be Syler's mother is actually in the process of adopting him, so police are trying to locate Syler's biological mother.

Deputies, along with search and rescue personnel, were still searching Sunday night for the boy, who was described as having light brown hair and blue eyes and was wearing only a diaper. He is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds.

Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent sleeping with other family members. At about 1:45 a.m., the family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag. They searched the area briefly and called 911 after failing to locate Syler.

Deputies arrived at the scene and began a preliminary search and interviews with nearby campers.

The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office has over 50 people involved in the coordinated search effort. A DPS Ranger completed a flyover Sunday morning and is expected to return and search again.

Anyone with information regarding Syler or his whereabouts is asked to call YCSO via 911 or 928-771-3260.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »

This is really Sad, poor little guy.

I found this posted, it says it is the original report ( not sure what that means, by original)

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83631
snipped:

ORIGINAL REPORT, 1:09 p.m.:

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Deputies, along with search and rescue personnel, are currently involved in the search for a missing 2-year-old boy last seen in the Beaver Creek Campground. The campground is located southeast of Highway 179 off I-17.

The boy's name is Syler Newton and he has light brown hair, blue eyes, and was wearing only a diaper. He is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds.

Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent while sleeping with other family members. At about 1:45 a.m. Sunday morning, the family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag. They searched the area briefly and called 911 after failing to locate the child. Deputies arrived on scene and began a preliminary search and interviews with nearby campers.

Currently, YCSO has more than 50 personnel on scene as part of the coordinated search effort. DPS Ranger completed a flyover Sunday morning and is expected to return and search further.

If anyone has information regarding Syler and/or his whereabouts, please contact the Sheriff's Office immediately via 911 or 928-771-3260.

more on story: Search continues for 2-year-old boy
http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83631
UPDATE, 5:41 p.m.:

BEAVER CREEK - More than 50 people fanned out Sunday to try to find a 2-year-old boy missing from the Beaver Creek campground.

Family members discovered Syler Newton was missing from his sleeping bag around 1:45 a.m. Sunday. They searched the area briefly then called 911. Deputies arrived on the scene and began a preliminary search and interviewed other campers nearby.

Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent sleeping with other family members.

Dwight D'Evelyn, a spokesman for the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office, said searchers employed bloodhounds to try to find the boy's scent. Also searchers on horseback and ATVs have been scouring the area.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter also flew over the area, trying to catch a glimpse of the child.

Detectives interviewed about 20 people who were camping at the site, D'Evelyn said. Also, they are checking into any sex offenders who might be in the area. Late Sunday afternoon, they had yet to determine whether the toddler wandered off or had been kidnapped.

Syler was described as having light brown hair and blue eyes. He is about 3-feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds. He was wearing only a diaper. The campground is southeast of Highway 179 off I-17.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Sheriff's Office via 911 or (928) 771-3260.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »

Shades of Gabriel Johnson.  Wonder who this adoptive family is?
Something is not right, Klaas. The mention of the bio Mom ..  and I can imagine how you would lose your 2 yr old ... ( them getting out of your range, and finding them wandering is one thing, but for them to go Missing ... something is not right).
2yr olds can be very inquisitive. 
Wonder because of the heat did they not secure the tent? the doorway to the tent? With a 2  yr old - would you not make it so " no one could get in or out" in the middle of the night - unless it was an adult. I think of him barefoot .. if he stepped on something while wandering with ear shot ...would he not cry? I went camping all the time with my cousins. I was basically brought along as babysitter. Which I didn't mind. I recall being in the tent with my little cousin age 3. Omg the heat in that tent.. no one could sleep soundly. But I recall her Dad " making that zipper" complicated to open and close ..during the night.

Poor little guy. I hope he is found soon.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »

I hate to ask this ... but
Has any Monkey heard or read.

Do they/LE have proof by any of the other campers? That Syler was actually on this camping trip?

That Someone other than the family ' witnessed' him with this family? sigh.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »

Search resumes for missing boy in Arizona
Published: July 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM

SEDONA, Ariz., July 26 (UPI) -- Authorities in northern Arizona said Monday they had resumed the search for a 2-year-old boy who disappeared from a campground.

Syler Newton of Flagstaff was last seen wearing only a diaper. He was discovered missing by family members Sunday morning.

About 50 searchers fanned out in hot, humid weather around the Beaver Creek Campground in the Sedona area.

KOLD-TV in Tucson said bloodhounds were sniffing around the area, and Yavapai County sheriff's deputies towed two vehicles from the campground for a detailed inspection.

Investigators told the Arizona Republic that homicide investigators were involved in the search, but called it a routine procedure in a missing-persons case.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/07/26/Search-resumes-for-missing-boy-in-Arizona/UPI-31841280158830/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »

Klaas, or someone - can you post the video, the one that is on the Scared Monkeys main.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/nw_valley/2-year-old-goes-missing-from-family-camp-site-07252010
Its on this link too. I cannot figure out how to embed the video.

This video says that Syler's bio Mom has been named and LE is trying to locate her.
That the adoptive family has had Syler for several months. ( the video posted News Sunday)

_____
The video that Klaas posted " Channel 3 News" on Page one of Syler's Cage - says that the Adoptive Mother has been raising Syler since he was infant.That Bio Mom gave Syler up / (sounds like when he was an infant) & News says Bio Mom has not been located ( This video posted News today Monday) Bright orange video.

** Two different versions. I know Media is not always correct. You would think in the case of missing child they would be somewhat similar.
___

The adoptive Aunt says that he could have " froze" at night or suffered Heat Stroke in the day .. I do not know anything about Arizona weather. Does it become extremely cold at night??  My brain goes to if it was " cold" during the night, why was he not wearing Jammies?   That he was only in a diaper.  Some children at the age of 2, when their diaper is soggy ... etc.. They will take them off, themselves. Wonder if they found his diaper?
This is all strange.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »

Weather forecast Month of July, 2010 = Rimrock, AZ

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USAZ0185
Documented temps.

Friday July 23:       High 84  Low 62 ( Overcast/Rain)
Saturday July 24:   High 88  Low 64  (Overcast/Rain)
Sunday July 25:     High 93  Low 62  ( Sunny with Clouds)

Monday July 26: not yet documented - but to be High 94  Low 73 * chance of thunderstorms
(chance of rain 30%)

It has to be hotter than hot today - Sad
High
94°F
Precip
30%
Wind:    From S at 9 mph
Max. Humidity:    46%
UV Index:    10+ Extreme.

Is to be a Full Moon tonight. Maybe that will help for vision.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2010/07/26/syler-newton-2-missing-from-family-camp-site/#more-11129

Snipped:

RIMROCK, Ariz. – A frantic search is currently underway out in Arizona where a 2-year-old boy has gone missing from the Beaver Creek Campground. Reports are that the boy was with his adoptive family and was last seen around midnight sleeping in a tent with other family members. A couple hours later the family discovered he was missing from his sleeping bag and began searching for him before calling 911 shortly after not being able to locate him. More than 50 people and a helicopter searched for the boy Sunday. On Monday homicide detectives and bloodhounds joined the search and two of the family’s vehicles have been towed  from the campsite, but no word why. Syler’s adoptive mother, identified as Christina Priem, was in the process of adopting Syler. The boy’s biological mother has not been located, but is not a suspect in Syler’s disappearance. There were over 20 people camping at the park at the time Syler went missing. Anyone with information about Syler and/or his whereabouts, is urged to contact the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office via 911 or 928-771-3260.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »

Adoptive Mom's Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem

Last posts 2009. Sylar is her son and he is 1 1/2 years old. She is a Mom of 3.
__
Another Myspace of hers- No mention of Sylar. She states I am Mom of 2. No date on the Myspace. She has comments from others dated 2008.
http://www.myspace.com/christinapriem
__
I guess that answers my question if she has had him since he was an infant.
Was not clear on that, because the Media said she has had him for " several months" and another channel said she has raised him since he was an infant.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »

http://www.criminalsearches.com/details.aspx?id=w1x00xC8&vw=criminal&1=v4%2f4JGzDAPRNMGLoOMCEZcpNc9gDdMx6j27FXWTC7%2fo%3d&input=name
 Christina Priem  09/18/1974
FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001     
 Address 2: FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86004

Case Number:      M-0341-CR-2007003411
Offense Type:    Traffic/Other
Offense Code:    
Offense Description:    FALSE REPORT TO LAW ENFORCE
Date Reported:    10/31/2007
Disposition:    GUILTY
Disposition Date:    11/19/2007

J-0901-TR-200100573
Offense Code:    
Offense Description:    CHILD PASSENGER RESTRAINT VIOLATION
Date Reported:    03/12/2001
Disposition:    COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
Disposition Date:    04/02/2001

Case Number:      M-0341-CR-2003000706
Offense Type:    Drugs
Offense Code:    
Offense Description:    PRESCRIPTION-ONLY DRUG VIOL
Date Reported:    03/03/2003
Disposition:    OTHER DISMISSAL W/O PREJUDICE
Disposition Date:    01/02/2004

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 02:25:18 PM »

http://www.criminalsearches.com/details.aspx?id=w1x00xC8&vw=criminal&1=v4%2f4JGzDAPRNMGLoOMCEZcpNc9gDdMx6j27FXWTC7%2fo%3d&input=name
 Christina Priem  09/18/1974
FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001     
 Address 2: FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86004

Case Number:      M-0341-CR-2007003411
Offense Code:    
Offense Description:    FALSE REPORT TO LAW ENFORCE
Date Reported:    10/31/2007
Disposition:    GUILTY
Disposition Date:    11/19/2007

J-0901-TR-200100573
Offense Code:    
Offense Description:    CHILD PASSENGER RESTRAINT VIOLATION
Date Reported:    03/12/2001
Disposition:    COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
Disposition Date:    04/02/2001

Case Number:      M-0341-CR-2003000706
Offense Type:    Drugs
Offense Code:    
Offense Description:    PRESCRIPTION-ONLY DRUG VIOL
Date Reported:    03/03/2003
Disposition:    OTHER DISMISSAL W/O PREJUDICE
Disposition Date:    01/02/2004

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

C00179550      1      DISORDERLY CONDUCT-FIGHTING      10/02/2009      OTHER DISMISSAL W/O PREJUDICE

She must have socked somebody .. and charges were dropped.
--
False report to Law Enforcement -
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx
not much info other than she was found Guilty or pleaded Guilty.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83652

No Sign of Syler .. Poor little Man. Uggh. This is just heartbreaking.
Just posted 4 mins ago - Nothing New found out by LE or otherwise on Syler.

snipped:
Meanwhile, D'Eveyln said part of the investigation is focusing on Syler's family.

He said the woman who initially identified herself as Syler's mother, is actually his custodial mother and is trying to adopt Syler.

D'Evelyn said they identified the biological mother, who lives out of state.

"We're trying to reach her to find out what the situation is and the relationship and if that has any role in any of this," he said. "There is no indication from all the campers we interviewed, from the family that was with Syler that he had been snatched from the campsite, but everything is in the realm of possibility now, especially the longer it takes to find him."

At 3,800 feet in elevation and located 47 miles south of Flagstaff, the Beaver Creek Campground is sheltered by a stand of cottonwoods and Arizona sycamores clustered on the banks of Wet Beaver Creek. Its characteristic rock gardens of prickly pear cactus and banana yucca provide a sharp contrast to the lush riparian zone along the creek. Wet Beaver Campground is located just three miles off paved road from Interstate 17.
---
Nancy Grace has him on her page/Blog - CNN
So I am guessing she will be talking about Syler tonight. Maybe she is tired of talking about Lindsay Lohan ............... jmo.
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/26/desperate-search-for-toddler-who-vanished-on-camping-trip/

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »

I hate to ask this ... but
Has any Monkey heard or read.

Do they/LE have proof by any of the other campers? That Syler was actually on this camping trip?

That Someone other than the family ' witnessed' him with this family? sigh.

Deenie, the Sheriff said at the news conference that several of the campers (non-family members) saw the little guy playing around his campsite as late as 9:30 or so, so he was there.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

2-year-old reported missing from Arizona campground
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 26, 2010 8:21 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Authorities in Rimrock, Arizona, were searching Monday for a 2-year-old boy who went missing over the weekend while camping with a family that was preparing to adopt him, a spokesman for the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office said.

Syler Newton was last seen shortly after midnight Saturday, sleeping in a tent with the family at the Beaver Creek Campgrounds. About 1:45 a.m. Sunday, the family noticed that he was missing from his sleeping bag.

About 50 people, along with bloodhounds and tracking teams, have joined in the search for Syler, who was wearing only a diaper when he disappeared, according to Yavapai County Sheriff's spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn.

"Right now, there's no indication he was taken from the site," D'Evelyn said Monday evening, adding that investigators are "looking at every possible reason that Syler is missing."

D'Evelyn said bloodhounds normally used by the Department of Corrections to help find escaped felons picked up Syler's scent around the campsite Monday, but failed to detect his scent outside a particular radius.

Angela Godinez, the sister of the woman preparing to adopt Syler, told CNN affiliate KPHO on Monday that the family is "preparing for the worst."

"We're all really, really scared, because he's only 20 pounds," she said. "He could have been carried away easily. He could have froze last night or gotten heatstroke today."

"We don't know what's going on, and there's a lot of possibilities," she added, her voice breaking.

She said she fears that Syler is "somewhere along the water." The campgrounds sit on the banks of the Wet Beaver Creek.

"That's why I'm really, really scared, because he's always loved the water," she said.

Godinez said her sister, identified by police as 36-year-old Christina Priem, is in the process of finalizing an adoption agreement with Syler's biological mother.

D'Evelyn said the Department of Child Services was involved in the investigation and was working to corroborate the adoption story.

FBI authorities were able to make contact with the Syler's biological mother Monday, but D'Evelyn did not know the outcome of that conversation.

"Until we speak to the biological mother, we just don't know the full story," D'Evelyn said.

He later added that "there's no evidence" that the planned adoption played a role in his disappearance, "but until we've exhausted every lead, all possibilities are being investigated."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/26/arizona.missing.toddler/?hpt=Sbin

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »

This is the adoptive mom's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem

Hi, my name is Tina. I live in Flagstaff. I have three children, Sabrina 10, Jacob 12, and Sylar 1 1/2. They are my world. I just like to hang out and relax. Anything else you would like to know about me, just message me. ..

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/tinapriem#ixzz0uqAxAxkT

I believe this is/was her boyfriend:

http://www.myspace.com/domvespucci

Don't know who the bio mom is yet

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »

I briefly saw a picture of the adoptive mom on HLN, it appeared to be a mugshot.  It must have been from that disorderly conduct in 2009.  I also saw a young girl, but she appeared to be older than 10.  Were there others on the camping trip besides those 5?
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 01:00:30 AM »

snipped from above article:

"We're all really, really scared, because he's only 20 pounds," she said. "He could have been carried away easily. He could have froze last night or gotten heatstroke today.

This weight has to be wrong. My son at 8 months weighed 25 pounds!! (he was a little chubby, but not by more than a few pounds) If this weight is correct, I would think he would be severely underweight. Anyone remember about what the average weight is for a 2 year old ? I realize all kids are different, but this weight to me is way off.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.