April 30, 2024, 01:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sylar Newton 2 yo, Arizona- missing since 7/25/10(Remains found)  (Read 106583 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

Custodial grandmother of Sylar Newton arrested

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Nancy Collins, the custodial grandmother of of Sylar Newton, was arrested Christmas morning on a child abuse warrant. The 57 year-old was found by Flagstaff police at an area motel.

Yavapai County sheriff's officers had been searching for Collins since Thursday when she and her daughter Christina Priem were charged with intentional child abuse relating to the death of Sylar.

Collins was booked into the Coconino County jail district detention center. She was also charged with felony drug violations.

The charges against Collins and her daughter relate directly to events leading to Sylar Newton's death while in their custody.

Authorities say children under Priem's care were exposed to illicit drugs while on a camping trip at the Beaver Creek campground in July.

Sylar was reported missing July 25. After an intense search his body was discovered by a relative in August in a wash near the campsite.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Custodial-Grandmother-Arrested-112455974.html

Thank you so much Nut!  I'm putting this on my good present list!!!  We don't have tox results on the baby yet do we?  Well, I wonder if they were able to get them on him.  Anyway, this is good news and a step in the right direction.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »

http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=40270

2/1/2011 3:33:00 PM
Priem, Collins may seek grand jury remand in Sylar's death

CAMP VERDE - Christina Priem and her mother Nancy Collins were back in Yavapai County Superior Court Tuesday on a case management conference linked to the death of 2-year-old Sylar Newton at the Beaver Creek Campground last summer.

Priem and Collins' attorneys now suggest they will to ask that the case be sent back to the Grand Jury.

The custodial mother of Newton and Collins are charged with child abuse and drug offenses linked to the child's death.

Even though they appeared in court together, Priem, 36, and Collins, 57, have separate attorneys. Michael Shaw represents Collins, but Flagstaff private attorney Tony Gonzales has now withdrawn from representing Priem and Deputy Public Defender Robert Gundacker has assumed her defense.

Shaw asked the Superior Court Judge Tina Ainley for at least 30 days before a pre-trial conference is set in order to review the "significant discovery" he has now received.

Gundacker told the judge that he has received the discovery as well, but complained that "there is so much that has been redacted," that it is difficult to follow the chain of events. That black ink is "causing a hindrance" said Gundacker. He said "every non-victim's name has been redacted" and there were dozens of people and officers involved in the search. He emphasized, "even the search map is redacted."

The judge ordered that the attorneys be provided with a non-redacted copy of the discovery.

snipped:

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »

http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=40677

3/1/2011 3:08:00 PM
Sylar Newton case continued to May

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »

10/31/2011 9:48:00 PM
Judge rules Sylar Newton's remains to stay in custody

PRESCOTT - The judge in the child abuse case against Nancy Collins on Monday agreed to an emergency defense motion to continue holding the remains of 2-year-old Sylar Newton, found dead at the Beaver Creek campground last summer.

Attorney Sebrena Shaw filed the motion when she learned that the state was about to release the remains to Newton's biological mother.

Collins, 57, faces charges of child abuse in the case, as does her daughter, Christina Priem, 37, Newton's custodial mother. Priem also faces drug charges linked to the child's death.

::snipping2::

In his Oct. 2, 2011, email, Trepeta stated that, when the staff brought him a box containing the remains, "the box was secured at the top with two pieces of tape and the flaps were tented open, and an approximate 6-inch gap, exposing the contents of the box."

This, he said, "raises the issue of security of the contents of the box and the integrity of the remains."

Trepeta added that "there were multiple envelopes and plastic bags, most of which were not secured in a closed and sealed manner" and that "there were numerous bags that were labeled that had no contents."

"Due to the fact that the evidence box and the envelopes and bags found with were open, I had no way to confirm that they were definitively related to this case or that other human remains had not been mixed in with them," Trepeta wrote.

He asked that the remains be held until the case was closed, "in the event we need access to them for further study."

Trepeta did report that he found "no toxicology evidence to indicate foul play" and no evidence of homicide.

::snipping2::

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=99605

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »

Well, it sounds like these two are going to get away with this.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.