April 24, 2024, 07:06:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SimoneRoundtree & KatrinaBatista arrested for using cold weather to punish child  (Read 5692 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 08, 2007, 11:54:16 PM »

Two women arrested for using cold weather to punish child—

NEWARK, Del. (AP) -
New Castle County Police have arrested two women for allegedly disciplining a child by forcing him to stand naked outside.

Police say 30-year-old Simone Roundtree and 26-year-old Katrina Batista are charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

A 10-year-old boy reported a domestic dispute to police Tuesday.

When they arrived in the unit block of Westerly Street near Newark, police say Roundtree told them the child was a disciplinary problem.

Police say he was standing nude in the living area at Roundtree's home. When police investigated, they learned he had been allegedly forced to stand outside in the nude as punishment.

Police say the child was allegedly forced to sleep in the home's basement on a box spring and use a bucket as a toilet.

The child was taken into state custody.
http://www.wmdt.com/wires/displaystory.asp?id=58430233
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:24:20 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:36:16 PM »

Stuff like this makes me so upset I could just puke!  How can these people think like that.  Poor kid.  I hope he gets the care he deserves in state custody.

Maine, born and raised!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:56:33 AM »

There must be some psychology behind inflicting physical or emotional pain, whether it's a child, an elderly person, animal or anyone.  It's not about discipline, as that can be done without hurting someone.  They say the abused often grow up to abuse, but I've seen plenty of people who didn't suffer abuse and still seem to enjoy causing others some kind of pain.  Until we get a handle on what causes the behavior, we'll continue seeing this kind of outrageous behavior.  Taking a child away after it happens is fine, but stopping it in the first place should be the goal.  I do think there should be parenting classes readily available so parents can learn effective ways of teaching and disciplining children; that would solve many of the problems (like Super Nanny or Nanny 911).  But there are still those who like to hurt others.  Fortunately for this boy, he was removed from the home, but for many, help arrives too late.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »

I have seen so much of this and yet DHR does nothing about it.  I have seen children's feet burned like they had been stuck in a fire from being forced to remain out in the cold when the temperatures drop to the teens and below.  If anything is said about it in our area, the doctors and nurses who report them are usually the winners, and I know one doctor who lost his license for such a practice, reporting minority women who were doing this to their children when he was treating them.  Oh, yes, welfare is a beautiful thing. Mad  Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.