May 01, 2024, 05:17:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 172200 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: July 30, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »

Yes, many parents can't afford to take their children on expensive vacations.  Terri and Kaine were lucky to have been able to have the wherewithal to do so.  However, I don't think that family time should be spent in activity such as viewing crime scenes.  Just as certain TV shows are not appropriate, neither are some exhibits.  IMO it is Terri who has an inordinate interest in crime and it was at her behest that they even were at that exhibit. 

I suppose this is just another instance where I can't agree with the prevailing opinion.

FWIW, I agree with you.  I have a not very adventuresome child.  She would totally not dig a CSI tour.  It's hard to tell from pictures if Kyron was enjoying himself there.  I haven't seen the CSI exhibit, so can't say for sure if it was too scary. But, in general, I think our children are exposed to too much today.

I think so too, Newfie.  As far as Kyron enjoying the CSI exhibit, I can only go by the difference in his expression when his pic was taken at Disney World with Disney characters and his expression at the CSI exhibit.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »

Yes, many parents can't afford to take their children on expensive vacations.  Terri and Kaine were lucky to have been able to have the wherewithal to do so.  However, I don't think that family time should be spent in activity such as viewing crime scenes.  Just as certain TV shows are not appropriate, neither are some exhibits.  IMO it is Terri who has an inordinate interest in crime and it was at her behest that they even were at that exhibit. 

I suppose this is just another instance where I can't agree with the prevailing opinion.

FWIW, I agree with you.  I have a not very adventuresome child.  She would totally not dig a CSI tour.  It's hard to tell from pictures if Kyron was enjoying himself there.  I haven't seen the CSI exhibit, so can't say for sure if it was too scary. But, in general, I think our children are exposed to too much today.

I think so too, Newfie.  As far as Kyron enjoying the CSI exhibit, I can only go by the difference in his expression when his pic was taken at Disney World with Disney characters and his expression at the CSI exhibit.

Since Terri was the big CSI fan, I'm sure it was her idea.  It was probably, "whatever Terri wants, Terri gets" in that household.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2010, 01:49:26 PM »

Since Terri was the big CSI fan, I'm sure it was her idea.  It was probably, "whatever Terri wants, Terri gets" in that household.

I think that's probably the case and since it was posted that it was not appropriate for children younger than 12, I would believe that the operators were in the best position to judge if it were age appropriate for younger children. I personally would follow that advice. 

As far as I can tell by the evidence we have so far, Kaine bent over backwards to please Terri.  Maybe he didn't want another failed marriage.  Yes, "Whatever Terri wants, Terri gets."

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: July 30, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »

Is the PC televised or just livestreaming? 

If televised I suspect only locally but I really don't know.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: July 30, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »

Get ready!

http://www.katu.com/news/live
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »

Has begun streaming. Not started the PC yet.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »

HLN (CNN) is covering the press conference with Kaine and Desiree.

Janet
10:59 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »

Klaas, you are RIGHT ON about Facebook and all of the social netorking sites.  For the life of me, I can't understand why people find it so appealing to post details of their lives for the world to see.  And people think it's free.  Not so fast--you pay with some of your privacy.

Here's an article that was just posted today.  People who are social networkers should check it out, and then ask themselves, if they could use PHOTOGRAPHS of every dollar they have in place of the dollar itself, would they post photographs of their money online?  I think not.

Another ugly reminder to check your Facebook settings — NOW!
Latest privacy brouhaha comes with a lesson we should have already learned

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38474945/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=3969&navCatId=4

Conference should be starting any minute.....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

KGW's live stream

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »

Get ready!

Has not started yet
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »

They both look much more solemn than ever before today.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »

Does anyone remember reading anything about Terri saying she was adopted and maybe when and some info. on that. I know adoptions are sealed, but maybe she had an open adoption or maybe she did some on line research about her bio parents. Not that I want to drag anyone innocent into this, I am just trying to understand the nature verses nurture dynamics re; Terri. By the way all very intelligent and caring posts by all. I find myself wishing in this case as I did in the others that if we could just get the truth, we will find the child.  Even if it means bringing home a dead child the truth might help us to prevent this from happening again, by examining the suspect and taking note of even the subtlest signs.
What we know about Terri Horman (please note that anything that hasn't been 'offically' reported will include caveats):
She was adopted by Larry and Carol horman, date unknown (but it was buried somewhere int he lost FB posts) - assumed to be approx 40 years ago.
She was married twice previously, Ron Tarver - college sweethearts, (James Father) Married in Roseburg in 1991, divorced in 1995 & Richard Ecker, 2nd husband, who adopted James in?
past elementary school teacher
raised Kyron since infancy
Bio Mother to 19-20 mos old Daughter with Kaine
Bio Mother to James - 16 y/o
Frequent volunteer at Skyline school
Active on FB & WOW

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #353 on: July 30, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »

Kaine is much more emotional today......heart breaking

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: July 30, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »

I agree. They both look so close to breaking down.

Can't blame them for that. They have been strong.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: July 30, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »

txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #356 on: July 30, 2010, 02:16:09 PM »

I agree. They both look so close to breaking down.

Can't blame them for that. They have been strong.

Indeed.  If it were me, I do not know how I could get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other.  My heart breaks for them.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »

I couldn't get the PC to run, can someone please post a summery of what was said?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »

about the maps sorry if this has already been said, what the deal is with Mass. is a tweeter we have been looking at, another blogger and I mean to say, and mentioned to Anita she said LE knew.
DD that is why I was asking you about the airport thing- see if it means anything.  it is hard to figure out if you don't jump back and forth from twitter.  but they don't know each other and just WIERD...

@dedejustdede thank you so much for helping us! you are a rock star. now, go buy some practice chickens. Smile
1,276,443,302,000.00 via DestroyTwitter

Reply Retweet .   @vintageeatsmissed you last night!
1,276,443,229,000.00 via DestroyTwitter

Reply Retweet .   we made it through the pdx once dinner. today, the team is rewarded with more sunshine and shopping. #ftw
9:31 AM Jun 13th via web

Reply Retweet .   finally, the sun!
1:54 PM Jun 12th via Echofon

Reply Retweet .   harvesting arugula flowers.
6:20 PM Jun 11th via Echofon

Reply Retweet .   @limbodog are we talking a finger-sized bowl or a soup-sized bowl?
8:16 PM Jun 10th via DestroyTwitter in reply to limbodog

Reply Retweet .   menu planning on the go at cafe, meat distributor, specialty market, farmers market, and cheese shop.
3:53 PM Jun 10th via Echofon

Reply Retweet .   @fuel cafe in pdx. someone must have hit the slit-your-wrists-its-raining-again playlist this morning. soothing, yes, but..
11:55 AM Jun 10th via DestroyTwitter

Reply Retweet .   @EnLocale i look so chinese! Smile
2:39 PM Jun 9th via web in reply to EnLocale

Reply Retweet .   surrounded by apple products. not in an apple store.
1:16 PM Jun 9th via Echofon

Reply Retweet .   in pdx. it's wet here.
7:37 AM Jun 9th via Echofon

reclaimed: one sweet orange man. tonight, there will be sleep.
5:13 PM Jun 22nd via Echofon

Reply Retweet .   @dedejustdede thank you. that's almost unbearably sweet of you.
1:34 PM Jun 22nd via Echofon in reply to dedejustdede

Reply Retweet .   waiting at terminal e for precious cargo to arrive.
12:57 PM Jun 22nd via Echofon

Reply Retweet .   less than twenty four hours.
12:52 AM Jun 22nd via DestroyTwitter

@pea_ I will sleep better tonight knowing you will finally get a good night's sleep now too. Smile
1:15 PM Jun 22nd via txt

Reply Retweet .   "To surrender now is to pay the expensive ogre twice." - Dylan Thomas
11:59 AM Jun 22nd via txt
Reply Retweet

The Russia thing I have NO IDEA, about that one.  If you take the time to fit it all together it makes way sense know a lot of other monkeys have been looking at the same thing, I just didn't want to say anything if there was any truth to this.  Since Anita posted it, figure I will share.  IT IS ONLY A THEORY I KNOW NOTHING Personally.   

Thanks!!  The tweets sent that don't actually make much sense except for the sender/receiver are very interesting to me.  The part above that I bolded, could mean everything to Kyron's case, could be nothing at all except oranges/apples.. or something else.  lol   Still interesting to keep in mind.  IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #359 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »

Anyone hear about a report on a police scanner? Not going to spread rumors. Just wondering about a post I just saw.

Go ahead and post it with the warning that it could be total BS
I can't get the PC feed I'll let you know after the PC...it's probably bs (it's not the homeless boy tip) I am checking it out until then
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.