May 01, 2024, 01:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 172145 times)
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #580 on: July 31, 2010, 12:49:46 PM »

I keep thinking about what Kaine and Desiree said about Kiara......"she's a new kid",
or "she's a different kid"......I wish he would have elaborated on "how" was she different. Is she more alert? Not sleeping all day?

I wonder if Kaine has thought about having Kiara's blood tested for sedatives, or any drugs. Terri may have been sedating Kiara.
Maybe she sedated Kyron the morning he disappeared. When she was driving around for the 90 minutes, she could have been waiting for a sedative to take affect.
She could have just driven somewhere, with Kyron asleep, and just left him in the woods. I pray if she did sedate him, he didn't wake up in the middle of a forest, left to die......I still want to believe Kyron is "stashed" somewhere, as Desiree does.

Prayers for Kyron!!
I think it is possible that she took him into the woods, took his glasses, and left him there. With his impaired vision he would not be able to find his way out. Remember when the family talked about how he stayed close to the house when he played in the yard. This would have been the easiest way for her to get rid of him.

IF Terri had anything to do with this because, I need cold hard facts this would be the only way she could do it .IMO
There are many ways she could get rid of him. If there were COLD HARD FACTS she would be under arrest. This  is an easy way to do it.
ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #581 on: July 31, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »

good afternoon monkeys....this case is breaking my heart...thanks for posting the video, so sad....hope they find Kyron....
In regards to Harry Oakes maybe the police don't believe him about the body since the dogs alerted to it....Still think they should check it out...Mr Oakes has said he always lets LE know when something is found, and we know the LE don't like him much

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »

good afternoon monkeys....this case is breaking my heart...thanks for posting the video, so sad....hope they find Kyron....
In regards to Harry Oakes maybe the police don't believe him about the body since the dogs alerted to it....Still think they should check it out...Mr Oakes has said he always lets LE know when something is found, and we know the LE don't like him much

I hope this does get checked out. I trust dogs' noses.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/07/31/kyron-horman-case-analyzing-terris-story-of-june-4th/

Kyron Horman case: Analyzing Terri’s story of June 4th

Posted on July 31st, 2010 by Valhall

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #584 on: July 31, 2010, 01:32:20 PM »

I suppose Terri could have sedated Kyron and let him off in some woods to get lost. But would a person take a chance of that? If someone wanted to get rid of a person, you wouldn't want to take a chance of the person being found alive so they could tell all.
If Kyron was sedated when he woke up the the woods, he would be unaware of who put him there. He would only remember going the sleep in the truck. There are so many thick wooded areas so how would you know where to look? Kyron would not survive 8 weeks in the woods without food and water.
That's it were would you even start to look?    Could be anywhere.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #585 on: July 31, 2010, 01:34:20 PM »

Your welcome, for some reason I was under the impression Oakes was no longer involved, I was wrong, now wonder if this is some tip he is going with?

I have no idea, I thought he had quit the case too.  Wonder if he's talking about an area near Sauvie Island?
I don't know but it says to recover a body, which if Oakes knows there is a body there you would think he would call the police. And since there appears to be so much water around there IF they see a body it could certainly be a body of someone who has drowned I would imagine.

He did turn in his report to LE.  LE is pursuing other tips/leads. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: July 31, 2010, 01:34:20 PM »

I suppose Terri could have sedated Kyron and let him off in some woods to get lost. But would a person take a chance of that? If someone wanted to get rid of a person, you wouldn't want to take a chance of the person being found alive so they could tell all.

True no rose, but if Terri gave Kyron a sedative like Ambien, which causes amnesia......if Kyron was found alive, he probably would have no recall of what happened. Then LE might suspect an "unknown" person kidnapped Kyron from school, and by the grace of God, let him go.
Ambien generally takes about 30 minutes to take affect. (probably less for a 50 lb child) If she gave it to Kyron before school, he probably wouldn't even recall being at school. BUT, if she didn't give it to him until after he was taken from school, he very likely would remember being at school, and who took him.
I'm curious to know what medications Terri was taking for her "supposedly" PPD", or depression, or any meds prescribed for her.
Ambien can be terrible for an adult    Never thought about giving something like this to a child. That is a good point, because some adults who take that don't remember things they did the next morning.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: July 31, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »

Your welcome, for some reason I was under the impression Oakes was no longer involved, I was wrong, now wonder if this is some tip he is going with?

I have no idea, I thought he had quit the case too.  Wonder if he's talking about an area near Sauvie Island?
I don't know but it says to recover a body, which if Oakes knows there is a body there you would think he would call the police. And since there appears to be so much water around there IF they see a body it could certainly be a body of someone who has drowned I would imagine.

He did turn in his report to LE.  LE is pursuing other tips/leads. 

Thank-you 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: July 31, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »

Wyks, did Mr Oakes stop for awhile in searching for Kyron? For some reason that was my impression.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: July 31, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »

This is supposedly a link to more photos from Terri's facebook back in 09

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=725678&id=1264414625&ref=album#!/photo.php?pid=725680&id=1264414625&ref=album&fbid=1239195861068
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:01:55 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: July 31, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24463537/detail.html

2 Months Later, Where Is Kyron Horman?

POSTED: 10:23 am PDT July 31, 2010
UPDATED: 10:51 am PDT July 31, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The first accounts of 7-year-old Kyron Horman's disappearance were a parent's nightmare: A boy vanishes from the safe haven of his elementary school.

But over the course of two months, shock has turned into frustration as the case has taken bizarre twists. Suspicion rests on the boy's stepmother, who is mute about what happened the morning the child disappeared, while lurid tales of infidelity and even a murder-for-hire plot swirl.

And still, after the largest missing child search in Oregon history, the question remains: Where is Kyron?

"You don't stop," said the boy's father, Kaine Horman. "You can stop when we find him. Until then I've got no reason to stop. I mean, I'm tired. So what? He's scared, he's alone he's afraid. He's not here."

On the morning of June 4, a busy Friday at the 300 student Skyline Elementary school in a rural area of northwest Portland, kids displayed their science fair projects as proud parents snapped photos. Kyron Horman was no different, posing for stepmother Terri Horman with a toothy grin in front of his red-eyed tree frog poster.

With so much going on, no one noticed what happened to the diminutive, bespectacled boy. Terri Horman told investigators she last saw him walking down the hall to his classroom.

While his teacher recorded him as absent, there was confusion about a doctor's appointment and the hours passed. Nothing was considered amiss until the afternoon, when Kyron didn't get off his school bus.

Authorities launched a search that would involve more than 500 people from 18 jurisdictions, some from outside the state, and the FBI. Days stretched into weeks with no sign of Kyron. The Multnomah County Sheriff's Department acknowledged it had become a criminal investigation, because it was simply not in Kyron's nature to just wander away.

"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it," said Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young.

At the end of June the investigation took an unexpected turn. Kaine Horman, Young and her current husband issued a statement saying they were cooperating with police. Terri Horman's name was noticeably absent. Hours later Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order to keep his wife away from him and their 20-month-old daughter, Kiara.

Court documents would reveal that the restraining order was sought because sheriff's investigators told Kaine Horman that his wife had tried to hire someone to kill him in the months before Kyron disappeared. When asked in the restraining order to describe how she hurt or threatened to hurt him, Kaine Horman wrote simply: "Respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me."

Another bombshell dropped two weeks later when Kaine Horman filed contempt of court papers against his wife, accusing her of taking up with one of his old acquaintances from high school who had reached out to the family when Kyron went missing.

Kaine Horman says she showed the acquaintance sealed court documents that included the address where he was in hiding with Kiara. Kaine also said the pair -- who by all accounts had just known each other for a short time -- exchanged hundred of text messages, including sexually suggestive photos. It's popularly known as "sexting."

"Everyone feels betrayed," Young said of the developments involving Terri Horman. "That's the general consensus of the family. It's everyone feels betrayed."

Terri Horman has not been charged. Except for a few passing words to a television reporter, she has made no public comments.

Her attorney, Stephen Houze, says she is the subject of threats and a "witch hunt." Television news shows regularly display pictures of a bikini-clad Terri Horman from five years ago when she was an amateur body builder -- juxtaposed with images from a family news conference soon after Kyron's disappearance in which she appears overweight and slovenly.

She has reportedly moved in with her parents in southern Oregon, although there hasn't been much activity at the family home, leading to speculation that she is elsewhere. She filed papers this week saying she would not contest the divorce.

Houze has not responded to repeated requests from The Associated Press for comment.

In recent days one of Terri Horman's friends, DeDe Spicher, reported to the Multnomah County grand jury looking into the case. Investigators will not comment on her role, if any. Young and Kaine Horman have accused Spicher of hampering the probe, but her lawyer maintains she is cooperating.

Former Multnomah County prosecutor Josh Lamborn, now in private practice and not connected to the case, said a grand jury's involvement does not always result in criminal charges -- contradicting rumors that spread earlier last week that an arrest was imminent. Sometimes, Lamborn said, grand juries are simply investigative tools.

But he said that Terri Horman's reported behavior since Kyron's disappearance have not helped her in the eyes of investigators or the public.

"It kind of confirms to them that this is a person who is acting different from what you would expect a crime victim's family member to act," Lamborn said. "When your son or stepson is abducted you would expect that person to act in a particularly way, very supportive, doing whatever they possible can to help investigators."

Marc Klaas, whose 12-year-old daughter, Polly, was abducted and murdered in Northern California in 1993, and who now runs KlassKids Foundation to prevent crimes against children, offered a different take.

"Some people seem to be losing sight that this case is about a missing child," said Klaas of the "circus" atmosphere in the Horman case. "The focus shouldn't be about this stepmother, Terri, and the bizarreness that she surrounds herself with or that surrounds her."

Skyline Elementary is shuttered for the summer, but a fence surrounding the grounds has become "Kyron's Wall of Hope," festooned with balloons, pinwheels and stuffed animals.

One small purple note reads in a child's scrawl: "Dear Kyron, I hope you come home safe. You are mist."

Seven-year-old Makayla Mariani, who lives across town and didn't know Kyron, came to the wall earlier in the week to leave her own message and a teddy bear.

Makayla's mom, Desiree Thomas, said she doesn't know what to think.

"It's kind of hard to put together," she said. "It's such a crazy, twisted story."

And still the question remains: Where is Kyron?

Kaine Horman has moved back home and returned on a limited basis to his work as an engineer at Intel, while trying to keep life as normal as possible for toddler Kiara. He regularly visits Kyron's Wall of Hope.

He and his ex-wife, Young, speak often with the media, in hopes of keeping Kyron's story in the news.

"There's no better advocate for a missing child than the child's parents," said Klaas. "If it seems that the parents have given up hope, then hope is lost."

The father and mother's latest appearance came Friday when Young reiterated her belief that Kyron is still alive and that Terri Horman is involved somehow in his disappearance, although she has no evidence.

Her angry resolve to find her son has become tinged with more evident sadness as the weeks are stretching into months.

"I don't know if I'm getting through it," she said. "I'm just taking one day at a time. Eight weeks is a hard marker for me."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: July 31, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »

Yeah September 2009.  It's already added in the photo thread.  Thanks though it gives me an excuse to look through these again.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: July 31, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »

You look at these photos that Terri took and the comments and then you go huh? What in the world happened? I also keep going back to the MFH plot. I am wondering if LE asked Kaine and Terri if they have had anyone working on their property. Maybe both of them said no. Remember Kaine said that he did not know that they had a landscaper. At this point in the game, Terri and Kaine were still together. I wonder if Terri lied to LE becuase she had been taking credit for the yard work and Kaine did not know it was being done by someone else. So, then LE starts questioning neighbors. One of the neighbors tells LE that they have seen a landscaper come and go from the Horman home. Now LE wonders why Terri lied. Instead of going back to Terri about her lie, they go find the landscaper. The landscaper had to have told LE something compelling in order for them to believe an undocumented worker in a murder for hire plot. All we have heard is that "Terri told him that he hurt her". Oh, I bet there is much more to it than that. I think that the landscaper told LE intimate details about something that had really upset Terri. LE goes back to Kaine and asked if that is true. Kaine says yes, Terri could have been upset because I .........Then the plot sounds legit as the landscaper knows so much. I wonder if there really was a 911 call on Mothers Day. I have to wonder what that was all about. I also have heard that the landscaper is still incarcerated. Why? There is so much that does not make sense.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »

Good morning monkeys & guests!

BRANDI, I'm wondering if you could please try something...a picture request. Very Happy I am of the opinion that Kyron is no longer with us, but that's could simply be my logic & statistics speaking. I sure hope for a miracle in this case! That being said, several people believe he could still be alive. Is there anyway you could possibly make up some pictures in Photoshop showing Kyron with glasses & without, with different hairstyles, haircuts, and different colored hair? He's been gone for almost 2 months so his hair could be 1-1.5 inches longer...or it could have been shaved. Maybe you could try different glasses on him, also. You're really good at the backgrounds & adding cute little animated gifs to the pictures, hoping maybe you could try something a little different with this request as far as his hair & color are concerned. If it's alot to tackle, let me know & I'll attempt it...but I don;t have Photoshop (or whatever program you're using).

Oh, and Brandi, just in case I haven't said it lately, thanks for all that you do. Your insight is great, and it's beautiful to share opinions with so many of the other monkeys as well, but your pictures are absolutely amazing!

I am not very adept at doing what you requested, but here is what I managed to do for you.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #594 on: July 31, 2010, 02:12:26 PM »

Wyks, did Mr Oakes stop for awhile in searching for Kyron? For some reason that was my impression.

Rosie, at one point he was waiting for LE to bring specialized divers and equipment needed to see thru the mirky water to all that sludge below.  They had told him it would take some time to get all that together.  There was a scramble by many in the area, looking for certified divers with equipment needed, to volunteer their time etc.  It is supposedly very dangerous work, so they couldn't simply use 'a volunteer diver with a boat'.  That was awhile back, when his dogs alerted to something in the water.  Dunno what if anything LE or Oakes have done on that particular search.  Do know that in the meantime, while waiting for that equipment/divers, LE and Oakes both supposedly have been doing searches based on other tips/leads in the area.  What exactly Oakes has  been doing lately, I have no idea, haven't been following it.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

I keep thinking about what Kaine and Desiree said about Kiara......"she's a new kid",
or "she's a different kid"......I wish he would have elaborated on "how" was she different. Is she more alert? Not sleeping all day?

I wonder if Kaine has thought about having Kiara's blood tested for sedatives, or any drugs. Terri may have been sedating Kiara.
Maybe she sedated Kyron the morning he disappeared. When she was driving around for the 90 minutes, she could have been waiting for a sedative to take affect.
She could have just driven somewhere, with Kyron asleep, and just left him in the woods. I pray if she did sedate him, he didn't wake up in the middle of a forest, left to die......I still want to believe Kyron is "stashed" somewhere, as Desiree does.

Prayers for Kyron!!

Oh no! Unfortunately, this sounds like a possibility. It makes sense.

This is definitely a theory that has some possibility.  Unfortunately that makes TH a KC copycat, only more lucky/smart about where she left the victim.  TH's ability to withstand the police pressure to reveal what happened to Kyron also reminds me of not only KC but Misty Cummings, too.  All narcissistic, immature, sociopaths with opportunity and personal motives to rid themselves of unfortunate baggage. 

Slightly o/t but based on earlier discussion about psychological labellings of TH -- very rarely is their a true BPD, Bi-Polar, Sociopathic, Narcissistic, Hystronic personality diagnosis.  Most people are some combination of one or more of these DX's. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: July 31, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »

Rosie, at one point he was waiting for LE to bring specialized divers and equipment needed to see thru the mirky water to all that sludge below.  They had told him it would take some time to get all that together.  There was a scramble by many in the area, looking for certified divers with equipment needed, to volunteer their time etc.  It is supposedly very dangerous work, so they couldn't simply use 'a volunteer diver with a boat'.  That was awhile back, when his dogs alerted to something in the water.  Dunno what if anything LE or Oakes have done on that particular search.  Do know that in the meantime, while waiting for that equipment/divers, LE and Oakes both supposedly have been doing searches based on other tips/leads in the area.  What exactly Oakes has  been doing lately, I have no idea, haven't been following it.

Thank-you.  Just curious about the body that is in the water? I could be all mixed up and not understanding.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: July 31, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »

Thank-you.  Just curious about the body that is in the water? I could be all mixed up and not understanding.

Harry seems pretty clear about a body

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: July 31, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

Prayers for Kyron!!

Oh no! Unfortunately, this sounds like a possibility. It makes sense.

In the science fair pics..did Kyron have his glasses on at that time?  I sort of remember he didn't..but I could be mistaken.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Mr Oakes sure does seem to be clear about a body    Thanks Brandi for all the photos of Kyron with different looks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.