May 01, 2024, 05:18:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 172202 times)
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »

One other thought.
LE is notorious for their "no comment" comments. It's a blanket statement imvho that says MYOB because they will not disclose further information regarding whatever the topic as it may perhaps hamper their investigation in some way.
LE could have simply said "NO COMMENT" regarding their input into the press conferences but that did not happen.
I believe LE on this.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »

Janet - have you ever thought that maybe LE has told them what to do?  Or that Tony Young is telling them what they need to do so that's why things seem so IN CONTROL.

Everything is not a conspiracy and I personally do not see any example of Kaine being a controlling person.

I'm obviously not Janet but in reponse to your thoughts here Klaas I am reminded that LE has made statements to the press that they do not have a part in the press conferences that are being held with Kaine and Desiree and also it has been said that Tony is not receiving any official special priveledges throughout this investigation (Which I 100% believe is true that he is not.)

Do we think now that LE are as liars?

Do we think now that LE would blatantly lie to the general public?

I don't.

jmvho

I never suggested LE was lying about anything but they can give direction without being part of the pc.  As far as Tony is concerned, I wasn't suggesting he had inside knowledge only that as a cop he knew how investigations should and do proceed.

You are an excellent debater and I appreciate you for that. 

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »

I do find it very telling that DeDe's attorney said he fully expects that Terri will be arrested.  That tells me something in what DeDe has shared with them (LE and her attorney) is damaging to Terri.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Reward-missing-Portland--Kyron-Horman-up-to-50000-99349594.html

Kyron investigators want more info from DeDe Spicher

by David Krough and Colin Miner, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 31, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Updated today at 4:55 PM

PORTLAND -- As the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman enters its ninth week, KGW has learned invesitgators are busy trying to determine what - if anything - a friend of his step-mother's knows about what happened to him.

Sources - including people who have spoken with investigators - tell KGW that DeDe Speicher was cooperating more now after an appeal from Kyron's parents that she be more forthcoming.

However, investigators believe that she has still has not told them everything she knows.

KGW has learned that investigators have conducted several searches related to Speicher, including of property belonging to relatives of hers. They have also spoken with people who were in contact with her the day Kyron disappeared.

According to these sources, investigators want to know from Speicher - who spent days with Terri after Kaine moved out, taking their daughter with him - what Terri may have told her about the day Kyron disappeared and whether she was in contact with Terri on that day.

Calls to Spicher's attorney were not returned.
(snipped)

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Reward-missing-Portland--Kyron-Horman-up-to-50000-99349594.html

Kyron investigators want more info from DeDe Spicher

by David Krough and Colin Miner, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 31, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Updated today at 4:55 PM

PORTLAND -- As the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman enters its ninth week, KGW has learned invesitgators are busy trying to determine what - if anything - a friend of his step-mother's knows about what happened to him.

Sources - including people who have spoken with investigators - tell KGW that DeDe Speicher was cooperating more now after an appeal from Kyron's parents that she be more forthcoming.

However, investigators believe that she has still has not told them everything she knows.

KGW has learned that investigators have conducted several searches related to Speicher, including of property belonging to relatives of hers. They have also spoken with people who were in contact with her the day Kyron disappeared.

According to these sources, investigators want to know from Speicher - who spent days with Terri after Kaine moved out, taking their daughter with him - what Terri may have told her about the day Kyron disappeared and whether she was in contact with Terri on that day.

Calls to Spicher's attorney were not returned.
(snipped)

DeDe is dancing around the truth?  I hope LE nails this stinky person if she is being avasive.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »

What is it with these women and their silence?  The police don't have any trouble tasing some poor protester that doesn't deserve it.  You'd think, in the case of a missing child, they'd tase the truth out of them. 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »

Since DeDe appeared at the GJ her attorney said she didn't testify -do you think she is wanting immunity?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »

Since DeDe appeared at the GJ her attorney said she didn't testify -do you think she is wanting immunity?
Good question.  We know she is expected to actually testify at a later date.  Maybe they are bargaining.
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »

Oh, I hope she will tell the truth! Maybe just maybe this is break we have waiting for! Poor Kaine and Desiree need to know what happened to Kyron and he needs to come home no matter what shape he is in.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: July 31, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »

It made me really sad to think that no one except Terri had gone to see Kyron's science fair exhibit. I understand that Kaine and Desiree had to work. Still so sad especially when seeing little Kyron just beaming in the picture with his tree frog project.
What if another family member was there? Is it possible?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Hi Patricia,
I get the feeling that you are still sitting on the fence with regards to Terri. I understand that. For me it is 95% that she is involved and 5% that she is not. You look at the photos and see Terri with the kids and for all intents and purposes she seems like a normal mom. She appears to have been Kyron's primary care giver as she was the parent who did not work and was with him more often. It is also hard for me to fathom how she still has any supporters. What do they know that we do not know? Whatever they know, in my opinion, they should be sharing with LE. Maybe they have and we are not privy? I don't know. What pushes me into the 95% bracket is not so much what others have said, but Terri's OWN ACTIONS. I don't care what her Attorney is advising her. He works for her, not the other way around. If she is innocent she should be screaming it from the rooftops. She should be conducting her own searches for her step-son that she supposedly loved so much. She should be fighting to see her baby girl. The mere fact that she has sat in silence for all this time and has not seen her baby girl is chilling to me. What mother would do that?

It does bother me that Kaine is begging others to come forward about Kyron (and understandably so), but I feel he has not been forthcoming himself. He appears (at least to me) to be a private person and has been adamantly protecting his privacy from the media. So, with this in mind, I think he is asking others to step forward and immerse themselves in his childs case, and put their private lives out there, be scrutinized by the media and the rest when he himself has been unwilling to do the same thing. Personally, I don't think this case has been handled well at all. First Kaine and Desiree talk about Terri and accuse her. What did this accomplish? She ran and hired an attorney and they have not heard word one from her or her attorney since. Second, they went after DeDe Spicher. What has this accomplished? Nothing so far that I can see. But MAYBE she is cooperating. If these press conferences have been scripted, they have not been scripted very well. There have been contradictions from Desiree and Kaine, which ALWAYS makes my hinky meter go off. If someone is not going to be truthful about one thing, what else will they not be truthful about? Then there are Terri's supporters. If any of them know anything that would shed some light on Kyron's disappearance, they need to speak up. Someone is feeding the administrator over there and my guess it is Terri. She can tell everyone on facebook that she does not know Terri until the cows come home but I don't believe it for a second. Terri must have feigned innocence to them and for whatever reason, they believe her. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that any of them would know that she is guilty and continue to support her.

The sickest part of all of this is that it has been over 8 weeks and none of this three ring circus has done anything to bring Kyron home.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »

Good question.  We know she is expected to actually testify at a later date.  Maybe they are bargaining.

That's my guess......

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #691 on: July 31, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »

As far as DeDe is concerned, immunity from what? I'll go out on a limb again, but I can't imagine any prosecutor would be willing to grant anyone immunity that had a hand in harming a child. Just think of the publoc outrage that would cause, and the bad bad bad precedent that would result. If something like that happened, every single criminal defense lawyer would counsel their clients to hold out for an immunity deal. I just don't see it. And I'd never grant immunity to someone like that-that would put the blood on my hands.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #692 on: July 31, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »

Here I go again. Lol. I call BS on the HO story. If there was any sign of a body in the water forensics would have pounced on it like bees on honey. Human remains are treated with the utmost of respect. It doesn't matter whose they are. If there were actual signs of a body there, the authorities would be out there retrieving it. So baloney.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: July 31, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »

Here I go again. Lol. I call BS on the HO story. If there was any sign of a body in the water forensics would have pounced on it like bees on honey. Human remains are treated with the utmost of respect. It doesn't matter whose they are. If there were actual signs of a body there, the authorities would be out there retrieving it. So baloney.

I agree with you on HO and also the DeDe immunity stuff.  No way no day either.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #694 on: July 31, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »

Than you Brandi for all you do here.  You bring such nice touches to our forum.  I bet Kyron would love this pic.  It reminds me of him, 'bright' and full of laughter.  xox
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #695 on: July 31, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

Has anyone in the media asked DY and KH WHY they won't give a scent article.

Whoops.... A scent article of Kyrons to Harry Oakes for his dogs?

I have often wondered why they didn't.

I have not seen anyone ask them that though.

LE didn't want Oakes and his dogs working with them on this case.  And in turn, neither did Kaine/Desiree.  They were reportedly asked, emailed, FB'd, etc etc. with no reply. 

Hi Wycks,  I'm wondering if the prosecutor or the Sheriff's lawyers have told them there would be a problem with Harry's dogs not being 'court proof'.  You know not qualified in some way and that would hurt their case?  It is the only reason I can think of.

At least if he was able to search he might FIND Kyron.  I would think that would be the primary concern, don't you?  xox
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: July 31, 2010, 10:46:16 PM »

Brandi, that's beautiful!

Scandi, the problem between Harry Oakes and LE is egos.  MCSO didn't like it that he and his dogs found a body in an area they had already searched.  (He went there at the request of the mother.)  IIRC, his dogs found the body in water.

So, now they don't want his help, because he made them look bad.  I know he gets angry and stubborn, too.  However, his son went missing when he was older and he really struggled to find him.  I believe he cares about Kyron just like we do.

When a missing child is at stake, as many people need to help as possible.

I know everyone here is very respectful of LE, and you should be, but we need to get away from thinking they are the be all and the end all.  I have two very close family members in LE.  I know, from what I have heard, that there is a lot going on with LE that there shouldn't be.  Too much of what they do is ego driven.  Also, there is so much bungling!  Losing evidence, planting evidence, sexual harassment, racism, etc.  These things, and worse, go on much more than they should. 

What I'm trying to say is that people need to have an open mind about others helping.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: July 31, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

I keep thinking about what Kaine and Desiree said about Kiara......"she's a new kid",
or "she's a different kid"......I wish he would have elaborated on "how" was she different. Is she more alert? Not sleeping all day?

I wonder if Kaine has thought about having Kiara's blood tested for sedatives, or any drugs. Terri may have been sedating Kiara.
Maybe she sedated Kyron the morning he disappeared. When she was driving around for the 90 minutes, she could have been waiting for a sedative to take affect.
She could have just driven somewhere, with Kyron asleep, and just left him in the woods. I pray if she did sedate him, he didn't wake up in the middle of a forest, left to die......I still want to believe Kyron is "stashed" somewhere, as Desiree does.

Prayers for Kyron!!

BINGO!!

A soft kill makes perfect sense.

Think about it.  The MFH attempt is a strong indication that Terri had developed an intense hatred towards her husband.

Could it be that family dynamics implied Terri's intention was to kill herself and both children ... acts that her twisted mind deemed the ultimate hurt.

However ... when Terri realized that Kyron was deceased ... she panicked and ... DeDe enters the picture.

Janet

++++++++

Officials to share information into Oregon boy's disappearance
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 27, 2010 9:17 a.m. EDT

Spicher appeared before an investigative grand jury in Portland on Monday, according to her attorney, Chad Stavley.

Stavley, who told HLN that he was retained Friday, said Spicher was not asked any questions by the prosecutor but was ordered to return at a future date.

A statement released Friday by Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, described Spicher as someone who "has been in close communication with Terri [and] has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son."

The statement also described Spicher as uncooperative in the investigation and "going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance not to cooperate as well."

Stavley disputed those comments Monday, saying Spicher has been "extremely cooperative" with police as they executed search warrants on her home and car. He said she also met with the lead investigator in the case last week for more than three hours.

He added that Spicher is not speaking to Terri Horman.

The Oregonian reported that detectives have asked Spicher about her whereabouts June 4.

According to the newspaper, Spicher was doing gardening work for a Portland homeowner when she "abruptly left about 11:30 a.m."

The homeowner tried reaching Spicher on her cell phone, the newspaper reported, but got no answer. Spicher returned to the house about 90 minutes later, the newspaper reported, citing detectives.

Stavley declined to comment Monday on what Spicher was doing during those 90 minutes.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/27/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Could it be that the reason DeDe did not testify before the GJ last week is that first ... in return for the truth ... a plea deal will be struck with the prosecutor ... a plea deal that will afford her immunity from prosecution for her role in the disappearance of Kyron Horman?

Good Night Monkeys

Janet
8:35 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #698 on: August 01, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »

It made me really sad to think that no one except Terri had gone to see Kyron's science fair exhibit. I understand that Kaine and Desiree had to work. Still so sad especially when seeing little Kyron just beaming in the picture with his tree frog project.
What if another family member was there? Is it possible?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Not likely.  You know it's not like Kaine hadn't seen the project.  Heck Kaine likely helped him with the project.  Desiree does feel bad she couldn't some up to see it but when you live 5 hours away it's hard to make it to each and every event. 

I worked in the operating room as a nurse for 20+ years. It was IMPOSSIBLE to take time off during the day, unless you had scheduled vacation day. Schools don't give parents an itinerary of every project, event, etc. at the beginning of the school year. Generally you might have a 2-3 week notice. It was mandatory in the hospital I worked in ALL vacation requests had to be turned in 1 year in advance. NO exceptions. Even if we saved vacation days for our kids school events, etc. we wouldn't know if we could have a vacation day until that morning we wanted off.
My husband, fortunately had a little more flexibility, and did attend many of the kids activities which parents were invited.
We don't know what Desiree's employers policies are, and when and how much time she can take off. I would never criticize her for not being able to take an entire day off from her job for a school event. Lord knows, I felt horribly guilty when I couldn't attend something for one of my kids. I'm sure Desiree will torture herself forever that she didn't call in sick and go to Kyron's school that day. I wish people would just stop trashing Desiree and Kaine. They are Kyron's parents, who love him, and who Kyron loves, who has not seen his parents for almost 60 days. 
If Terri Horman was hell bent on getting rid of Kyron, (IMO she was) if Desiree would have decided to come that day for Kyron's science fair, Terri would have picked another day to take him and do whatever she did with Kyron. She had a plan, a plan that included taking advantage of Desiree's absence.

Prayers for Kyron!!

Hi Seemeatthebeach,  Do you know what Desiree does for her profession?  Ta
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2010, 12:53:03 AM »

O/T A sad story of a little girl who was murdered in Oregon in 1963 2 parts

Pt 1

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/07/who_killed_little_mona_a_heartbroken_oregon_mom_fears_shell_never_know_justice.html

Who killed little Mona? A heartbroken Oregon mom fears she'll never know justice

Pt 2

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/07/who_will_speak_for_mona_a_clackamas_county_detective_hunts_for_answers.html

Have tissues

OS

And this OS:  http://patdollard.com/2009/05/oregon-mother-throws-kids-off-bridge/   So sad what mothers who are sick can do to their children.  I have still not quite gotten over this tragedy.  I pray whenever I think about it for this little girl who survived.  xox
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.