September 20, 2024, 08:52:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 178874 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #700 on: August 01, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »

O/T A sad story of a little girl who was murdered in Oregon in 1963 2 parts

Pt 1

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/07/who_killed_little_mona_a_heartbroken_oregon_mom_fears_shell_never_know_justice.html

Who killed little Mona? A heartbroken Oregon mom fears she'll never know justice

Pt 2

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/07/who_will_speak_for_mona_a_clackamas_county_detective_hunts_for_answers.html

Have tissues

OS

And this OS:  http://patdollard.com/2009/05/oregon-mother-throws-kids-off-bridge/   So sad what mothers who are sick can do to their children.  I have still not quite gotten over this tragedy.  I pray whenever I think about it for this little girl who survived.  xox

Whoops, I goofed up and inserted my post in the link I quoted.   
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #701 on: August 01, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »

OMG, I quit    Monkey Devil!   {PS:  xox}
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #702 on: August 01, 2010, 01:11:08 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Reward-missing-Portland--Kyron-Horman-up-to-50000-99349594.html

Kyron investigators want more info from DeDe Spicher

by David Krough and Colin Miner, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on July 31, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Updated today at 4:55 PM

PORTLAND -- As the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman enters its ninth week, KGW has learned invesitgators are busy trying to determine what - if anything - a friend of his step-mother's knows about what happened to him.

Sources - including people who have spoken with investigators - tell KGW that DeDe Speicher was cooperating more now after an appeal from Kyron's parents that she be more forthcoming.

However, investigators believe that she has still has not told them everything she knows.

KGW has learned that investigators have conducted several searches related to Speicher, including of property belonging to relatives of hers. They have also spoken with people who were in contact with her the day Kyron disappeared.

According to these sources, investigators want to know from Speicher - who spent days with Terri after Kaine moved out, taking their daughter with him - what Terri may have told her about the day Kyron disappeared and whether she was in contact with Terri on that day.

Calls to Spicher's attorney were not returned.
(snipped)

Thanks Klaas,  I hope to goodness sake that LE was sharp enough to have listening devices tucked here and there in the house before Kaine moved out     If they didn't do that one simple thing then I would worry about their expertize in actually solving a case like this.

In my life here in Portland, going back in time, I have met so many Sheriff's officers.  Each one was an interesting and devoted LE officer.  That doesn't mean they had any hold on the market for solving the crimes they worked.  I've always stood for LE above all in our democracy.  To even suggest they lack the moxy or ability to get the job done for little Kyron would thus make me a hypocrite.  It just has to be they are waiting for something to add up and tell a tale that will show them where Kyron is tonight as we speak. 

I just think it is going to end up being a very simple thing that was done to him and as the case grows and deepens, the simplicity of it is lost.  IMO  and xox
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #703 on: August 01, 2010, 02:04:08 AM »

Terri Horman Support Page A monster... huh? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=725679&id=1264414625
Terrible http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=725679&id=1264414625#!/photo.php?pid=738993&id=1264414625&fbid=1244103303752 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=725679&id=1264414625#!/photo.php?pid=738993&id=1264414625&fbid=1244103303757
12 hours ago · View Feedback (6)Hide Feedback (6)

Since the Terri Horman Support Page members are either members or come and visit here, I have a question for you.  Why don't you share the December Photo album? Where a marked change in her appearance is visible, and also the LACK of remarks on her own son and Kyron, better yet lack of pictures of them?  Now go back and announce on your facebook page how mean everyone is and slant it your way.
I am not saying you are wrong in supporting Terri this is a free world to think and believe how we choose, I have torn feelings on several things and people in the case and their possible involvement.  But I also deal in reality, truth and commen sense.
When looking at the summer 2009 album I see a very happy family with strong interactions with each other.  TH posts lots of pictures of the children, Kaine and friends, In December of 2009 I see a very changed TH, I see lots of pictures of her daughter very few of the boys, and with the few pictures of the boys snide comments.
What is the saying pictures don't lie?  Something happened that changed her, if you can't see that I don't know what to say.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: August 01, 2010, 02:05:43 AM »

Very alarming about the posting by HO. This needs to be checked out. He should not be needing to find someone to do this.  If it is Kyron he needs to be discovered and layed to rest in a respectful manner, I'm sure his family agrees.

I would be very surprised if it's a body at all.  My guess is his dogs hit on something that LE is claiming is nothing.

sometimes it is best to err on the side of caution. If Kyron is no longer alive, his little body needs to be found
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #705 on: August 01, 2010, 02:12:29 AM »

Very alarming about the posting by HO. This needs to be checked out. He should not be needing to find someone to do this.  If it is Kyron he needs to be discovered and layed to rest in a respectful manner, I'm sure his family agrees.

I would be very surprised if it's a body at all.  My guess is his dogs hit on something that LE is claiming is nothing.

sometimes it is best to err on the side of caution. If Kyron is no longer alive, his little body needs to be found
Agree it is sad if correct, but we have all seen the end result of these thing.   I can not get past the point TH had approx 90 minutes with Kyron then went about her day, but then Casey did the same thing while driving around with Caylee in her trunk. (hurts to type that.)  But I pray she hid him, but then why and with who?
WHAT really bothers me this HO guy seems to have the correct contacts, dogs etc. why is the family not using every resource including his?  What could it hurt?  Could it be maybe they (LE & Family) have decided to accept his help and why he is going back?
Where is Tim Miller?  I havent' seen him in awhile, wish he was around.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #706 on: August 01, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »

I try to put myself in the families place, not knowing where my child was. I think 2 things would haunt me day and night. 1. he was being hurt or in pain 2. that he was no longer alive and decomposing someplace. What an awful, terrible, horrible thought but in many of these cases it is reality. Plus, if Kyron is not alive, his body is decomposing and evidence is being lost.  Either way I believe they need to not only search for a live Kyron, but unfortunately a non living Kyron as well. 
Does the family have a PI working for them? Perhaps that might be an option? Something needs to happen.
Does anyone know if the dump was searched after Kyron went missing?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: August 01, 2010, 02:33:13 AM »

In Amber Dubois case LE ignored dog hits in an area close to where she was found. I think the search was a little unconventional so LE didn't take it seriously. It happens. You know it is a slim chance it is Kyron, but what if it is him? I think it is worth it for a diver to be sent down to check it out. If it is not him, that is wonderful! If it is him, then he will be found.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: August 01, 2010, 02:53:00 AM »

Evening, all!  Catching up and looking over pics in the photo thread.  Three things came to mind.  Thought it was kind of weird that Kaine & Terri took the children to the CSI exhibit in June 2009 and Kyron goes missing wearing a CSI t-shirt in June 2010.  Looking through all the pics and not liking that Kiara's pics outnumber Kyron's and James' and most of the pics that Kyron is in also include Kiara.  ITA with those of you who feel Kyron had outlived his usefulness to Terri.  IMO, she may have appeared to love Kyron because it made her appealing to Kaine.  In other words, she "loved" Kyron because Kaine honestly did-she was just playing the game.  It seems like when Kiara arrived, she no longer "needed" Kyron. Finally, as Kyron got older he began to strongly resemble Desiree (particularly when he smiled).  I have to wonder if that didn't irritate/annoy/anger Terri who already had little tolerance for him (IMO).
I'm not buying that Terri really loved Kyron and his smile in those pics are evidence.  She was all happy with Kaine too, while she was allegedly trying to hire someone to kill him.  I'm sorry but there's no punishment on the planet severe enough for someone who abuses the trust and emotions of an innocent little boy and harms him/causes him harm/allows someone to harm him.  As for the profusion of Kiara pics, everyone I know with three or more children laments about how they took tons of pics of child #1, less of #2, even less of child #3...and so on.  All the moms I know have mother's guilt that there aren't more pics of the later children.  That doesn't appear to be the case here. Also interesting to note, that the "doting" moms I know, "advertise" every function their child or children are involved in on their Facebook pages.  They chat up Suzy singing in the school talent show, her ballet recital, awards she receives, how busy they are being homeroom mother/class volunteer/PTA chairman or worker, etc.  They share the drama too.  I'm not seeing this with Terri, in relation to James or Kyron, either one.  JMO 

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #709 on: August 01, 2010, 02:56:29 AM »

Hope you all have a good evening!  Heading out...catch you all later.  *insert snoozing monkey here*

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #710 on: August 01, 2010, 03:02:44 AM »

Hi Wycks,  I'm wondering if the prosecutor or the Sheriff's lawyers have told them there would be a problem with Harry's dogs not being 'court proof'.  You know not qualified in some way and that would hurt their case?  It is the only reason I can think of.

At least if he was able to search he might FIND Kyron.  I would think that would be the primary concern, don't you?  xox

Scandi, I agree that the priority 'ought to be' finding Kyron.  Who is gonna do that or even attempt to do so, is going to be at the direction of LE/FBI, as is proper.  When LE/FBI announced they were scaling back their searching (after only 10 days or so), private citizens implored HO to search 'on their behalf' for Kyron.  He still had to submit his reports to LE/FBI, which is proper.  But when/if LE/FBI chooses to ignore those reports?  What's anyone to do or think?  Whatever the hold up is, whatever I think about who is 'right or wrong' has no bearing on this case, unfortunately.  The 'citizens' did what they could for Kyron, it's not in our hands, it never really was.  Some felt so dang helpless we did what we could to try something, anything.  And it doesn't seem to be working.  As for the rest regarding HO, I have my opinions, which aren't well thought of atm, so am trying to keep those to myself. 

IMO.  lol  yeah. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
kaelieanne
Scared Monkey

« Reply #711 on: August 01, 2010, 03:17:16 AM »

Terri .......... WHERE IS KYRON??

My first time posting here.  This pic brought tears to my eyes.  How could anyone harm a sweet, innocent little guy like the one in this picture.  It breaks my heart.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: August 01, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »

Good morning and welcome to Scared Monkeys kaelieanne 

I don't know how someone can harm a child    I hope Kyron can be found soon.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: August 01, 2010, 04:52:11 AM »

It made me really sad to think that no one except Terri had gone to see Kyron's science fair exhibit. I understand that Kaine and Desiree had to work. Still so sad especially when seeing little Kyron just beaming in the picture with his tree frog project.
What if another family member was there? Is it possible?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Not likely.  You know it's not like Kaine hadn't seen the project.  Heck Kaine likely helped him with the project.  Desiree does feel bad she couldn't some up to see it but when you live 5 hours away it's hard to make it to each and every event. 

I worked in the operating room as a nurse for 20+ years. It was IMPOSSIBLE to take time off during the day, unless you had scheduled vacation day. Schools don't give parents an itinerary of every project, event, etc. at the beginning of the school year. Generally you might have a 2-3 week notice. It was mandatory in the hospital I worked in ALL vacation requests had to be turned in 1 year in advance. NO exceptions. Even if we saved vacation days for our kids school events, etc. we wouldn't know if we could have a vacation day until that morning we wanted off.
My husband, fortunately had a little more flexibility, and did attend many of the kids activities which parents were invited.
We don't know what Desiree's employers policies are, and when and how much time she can take off. I would never criticize her for not being able to take an entire day off from her job for a school event. Lord knows, I felt horribly guilty when I couldn't attend something for one of my kids. I'm sure Desiree will torture herself forever that she didn't call in sick and go to Kyron's school that day. I wish people would just stop trashing Desiree and Kaine. They are Kyron's parents, who love him, and who Kyron loves, who has not seen his parents for almost 60 days. 
If Terri Horman was hell bent on getting rid of Kyron, (IMO she was) if Desiree would have decided to come that day for Kyron's science fair, Terri would have picked another day to take him and do whatever she did with Kyron. She had a plan, a plan that included taking advantage of Desiree's absence.

Prayers for Kyron!!

Thank you!
 Kyron's parents are suffering enough. They were trying to be good parents, and clearly they love their son, and neither of them had any idea how twisted Terri turned out to be. They would've prevented this tragedy if they had known in June what they know now. Kyron's well being was very important to both of his parents, as they have stated, and it's not fair to keep up the effort to somehow blame them. They feel enough guilt on their own, and they clearly are not suspects in Kyron's disappearance.
Why would anyone want to make it harder on the parents of a missing child? 

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: August 01, 2010, 05:01:31 AM »

OMG, I quit    Monkey Devil!   {PS:  xox}

Doncha just hate it when that happens? The other night I did that one, and a bunch of other screw ups, and I was stone cold sober, too!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: August 01, 2010, 05:11:23 AM »

Here I go again. Lol. I call BS on the HO story. If there was any sign of a body in the water forensics would have pounced on it like bees on honey. Human remains are treated with the utmost of respect. It doesn't matter whose they are. If there were actual signs of a body there, the authorities would be out there retrieving it. So baloney.

I agree. I think HO is a bitter man prone to drama and exaggeration, and he apparently has an ax to grind with LE. He seems very intent on trying to make LE look inept. I'm he's probably got some knowledge of SAR, but he's mostly a kook. I hope he just shuts up from here on out. He's a distraction.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: August 01, 2010, 05:28:27 AM »

Brandi, that's beautiful!

Scandi, the problem between Harry Oakes and LE is egos.  MCSO didn't like it that he and his dogs found a body in an area they had already searched.  (He went there at the request of the mother.)  IIRC, his dogs found the body in water.

So, now they don't want his help, because he made them look bad.  I know he gets angry and stubborn, too.  However, his son went missing when he was older and he really struggled to find him.  I believe he cares about Kyron just like we do.

When a missing child is at stake, as many people need to help as possible.

I know everyone here is very respectful of LE, and you should be, but we need to get away from thinking they are the be all and the end all.  I have two very close family members in LE.  I know, from what I have heard, that there is a lot going on with LE that there shouldn't be.  Too much of what they do is ego driven.  Also, there is so much bungling!  Losing evidence, planting evidence, sexual harassment, racism, etc.  These things, and worse, go on much more than they should. 

What I'm trying to say is that people need to have an open mind about others helping.

Tim Miller has found bodies that LE missed, but he certainly isn't on bad terms with LE.  LE respects Tim Miller and his organization. There's more to the HO story that he isn't telling.
I also believe that Tony, while not included in the investigation, is still able to figure things out for Kaine and Desiree. He has the ability to assess an investigation, and he has a vested interest in this one. I bet the family wouldn't hesitate to call in an outside search team like Tim Miller's group, if they thought it would be helpful. But that decision belongs to the family, and at this point, they seem to want to leave it with MCSO and the FBI. Kyron is their child, and their decisions should be respected, especially since Tony has knowledge and experience as a detective.

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: August 01, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »

Brandi, that's beautiful!

Scandi, the problem between Harry Oakes and LE is egos.  MCSO didn't like it that he and his dogs found a body in an area they had already searched.  (He went there at the request of the mother.)  IIRC, his dogs found the body in water.

So, now they don't want his help, because he made them look bad.  I know he gets angry and stubborn, too.  However, his son went missing when he was older and he really struggled to find him.  I believe he cares about Kyron just like we do.

When a missing child is at stake, as many people need to help as possible.

I know everyone here is very respectful of LE, and you should be, but we need to get away from thinking they are the be all and the end all.  I have two very close family members in LE.  I know, from what I have heard, that there is a lot going on with LE that there shouldn't be.  Too much of what they do is ego driven.  Also, there is so much bungling!  Losing evidence, planting evidence, sexual harassment, racism, etc.  These things, and worse, go on much more than they should. 

What I'm trying to say is that people need to have an open mind about others helping.

Tim Miller has found bodies that LE missed, but he certainly isn't on bad terms with LE.  LE respects Tim Miller and his organization. There's more to the HO story that he isn't telling.
I also believe that Tony, while not included in the investigation, is still able to figure things out for Kaine and Desiree. He has the ability to assess an investigation, and he has a vested interest in this one. I bet the family wouldn't hesitate to call in an outside search team like Tim Miller's group, if they thought it would be helpful. But that decision belongs to the family, and at this point, they seem to want to leave it with MCSO and the FBI. Kyron is their child, and their decisions should be respected, especially since Tony has knowledge and experience as a detective.

The only thing that matters is finding Kyron!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: August 01, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »

Kyron Horman case news: Investigators will conduct searches as necessary
Aug 1, 2010 Author Melissa Finlay

Kyron Horman case news: Investigators will conduct searches as necessary

Once it was determined that the Kyron Horman case would become a criminal investigation the widespread search for Kyron Horman ended. Many wondered if that indicted there would no longer be active searches for the missing Oregon boy. That isn’t the case. Captain Monte Reiser with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office explained how searches will be conducted in the Kyron Horman case during a press conference.

Vote in poll: Do you think Terri Horman did something to Kyron?

He said, “Though we cannot comment on specific searches, we can tell you that searches occur when necessary and we have resources in place to address any small or large scale effort that may develop. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office continues to be the lead agency as we continue our partnership with the East Multnomah County Major Crimes Team.”

The announcement was made on June 13, 2010 that the search for Kyron Horman was a criminal investigation. At that time, many of the volunteers who had been looking for Kyron since June 4th returned home. On June 14, 2010, however, investigators continued to search for evidence and clues near the Sauvie Island area. The search included aerial and water searches. Though the case is a criminal investigation, officials have not stopped searching for Kyron and when leads deem necessary, they will continue to utilize whatever methods available to find him.
Tags: Kyron Horman, Kyron Horman case, Kyron Horman case news, Kyron Horman news, Kyron Horman search
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8523

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: August 01, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »

It made me really sad to think that no one except Terri had gone to see Kyron's science fair exhibit. I understand that Kaine and Desiree had to work. Still so sad especially when seeing little Kyron just beaming in the picture with his tree frog project.
What if another family member was there? Is it possible?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Hi Patricia,

I get the feeling that you are still sitting on the fence with regards to Terri. I understand that. For me it is 95% that she is involved and 5% that she is not. You look at the photos and see Terri with the kids and for all intents and purposes she seems like a normal mom. She appears to have been Kyron's primary care giver as she was the parent who did not work and was with him more often. It is also hard for me to fathom how she still has any supporters. What do they know that we do not know? Whatever they know, in my opinion, they should be sharing with LE. Maybe they have and we are not privy? I don't know. What pushes me into the 95% bracket is not so much what others have said, but Terri's OWN ACTIONS. I don't care what her Attorney is advising her. He works for her, not the other way around. If she is innocent she should be screaming it from the rooftops. She should be conducting her own searches for her step-son that she supposedly loved so much. She should be fighting to see her baby girl. The mere fact that she has sat in silence for all this time and has not seen her baby girl is chilling to me. What mother would do that?

It does bother me that Kaine is begging others to come forward about Kyron (and understandably so), but I feel he has not been forthcoming himself. He appears (at least to me) to be a private person and has been adamantly protecting his privacy from the media. So, with this in mind, I think he is asking others to step forward and immerse themselves in his childs case, and put their private lives out there, be scrutinized by the media and the rest when he himself has been unwilling to do the same thing. Personally, I don't think this case has been handled well at all. First Kaine and Desiree talk about Terri and accuse her. What did this accomplish? She ran and hired an attorney and they have not heard word one from her or her attorney since. Second, they went after DeDe Spicher. What has this accomplished? Nothing so far that I can see. But MAYBE she is cooperating. If these press conferences have been scripted, they have not been scripted very well. There have been contradictions from Desiree and Kaine, which ALWAYS makes my hinky meter go off. If someone is not going to be truthful about one thing, what else will they not be truthful about? Then there are Terri's supporters. If any of them know anything that would shed some light on Kyron's disappearance, they need to speak up. Someone is feeding the administrator over there and my guess it is Terri. She can tell everyone on facebook that she does not know Terri until the cows come home but I don't believe it for a second. Terri must have feigned innocence to them and for whatever reason, they believe her. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that any of them would know that she is guilty and continue to support her.

The sickest part of all of this is that it has been over 8 weeks and none of this three ring circus has done anything to bring Kyron home.

Sebastian

Terri's own actions have pushed me into almost the 100% bracket that she has knowledge regarding what happened to Kyron.

When "Sources" reported that cell records revealed Terri was not forthright with authorities regarding her whereabouts on the morning Kyron went missing ... the red flags started waving.  Then there is a polygraph issue.

Janet

++++++

Sources: Search for Kyron Horman Focuses on Step-Mom, Cell Records
4:52 PM June 17th, 2010

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

PORTLAND, Ore., July 9, 2010
Kyron Parents: We Suspect Stepmom
Say Publicly for First Time They Think She Was Involved in His Disappearance; Also Say She Flunked 2 Polygraph Tests

.... Young says she doesn't think it's possible she and Kaine could be wrong about the suspicions they harbor. "You don't fail a polygraph twice if you're not guilty," she asserts. "I can tell you what I ate that day, and she can't tell you where she was."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/09/earlyshow/main6661166.shtml

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:18:11 AM by klaasend » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.