April 25, 2024, 01:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #168 8/09/10 - 8/16/10  (Read 195261 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: August 16, 2010, 12:39:23 PM »

I found this comment interesting, from todays HinkyMeter article...

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/08/16/caylee-anthony-case-conway-will-no-longer-represent-anthonys/#comments

» Silverspnr said: { Aug 16, 2010 - 10:08:43 }

snipped:

Here is the Florida Rule regarding when a lawyer may testify as a witness:
Rule 4-3.7 Lawyer as Witness
(a) When Lawyer May Testify.
A lawyer shall not act as advocate at a trial in which the lawyer is likely to be a necessary witness on behalf of the client except where:
(1) the testimony relates to an uncontested issue;
(2) the testimony will relate solely to a matter of formality and there is no reason to believe that substantial evidence will be offered in opposition to the testimony;
(3) the testimony relates to the nature and value of legal services rendered in the case; or
(4) disqualification of the lawyer would work substantial hardship on the client.
Here is why it does NOT apply to bar Brad Conway from continuing his “representation” of the Anthonys in this situation:
He is not acting in the role of an ADVOCATE AT TRIAL in THIS case.
They are NOT PARTIES to this litigation.
He is, perhaps, COUNSELING them.
He is seemingly involved in brokering a book or some other type of entertainment deal(s) for them.
But he is NOT an ADVOCATE in these proceedings.
He hasn’t ENTERED AN APPEARANCE for anyone on the docket for this criminal matter (because he can’t enter an appearance for someone who is not a party to the case).
Hence, he has no right to make any OBJECTIONS to questions when they testify as witnesses in the case, etc.
He doesn’t require court permission to WITHDRAW as counsel.
So… to say he is no longer representing them.. is kind of meaningless with regard to FLORIDA v. CASEY ANTHONY.
My guess is that he is GRATEFUL for an exit (and probably that he has already brokered whatever deal they were exploring–or has an agreement with the Anthonys to do so in the future).

Thanks tupelo......I agree with the guess and I also think the money flow has stopped....perhaps even with the TODAY show...the free trips etc., may be coming to a halt.  This gave him the perfect excuse and I think MNJ had a hand in giving him a little push.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: August 16, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »

Saw this posted from InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371460&page=13

WESH just reported that there was a session in-chambers at the courthouse this morning and are waiting to find out more. Jose was asked about the resignation of Brad, but had not read the letter and did not have time to read/respond. mo, but a link should be up shortly.

Well that's interesting.....wonder who was at that in chambers meeting?

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #922 on: August 16, 2010, 12:43:24 PM »

I found this comment interesting, from todays HinkyMeter article...

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/08/16/caylee-anthony-case-conway-will-no-longer-represent-anthonys/#comments

» Silverspnr said: { Aug 16, 2010 - 10:08:43 }

snipped:

Here is the Florida Rule regarding when a lawyer may testify as a witness:
Rule 4-3.7 Lawyer as Witness
(a) When Lawyer May Testify.
A lawyer shall not act as advocate at a trial in which the lawyer is likely to be a necessary witness on behalf of the client except where:
(1) the testimony relates to an uncontested issue;
(2) the testimony will relate solely to a matter of formality and there is no reason to believe that substantial evidence will be offered in opposition to the testimony;
(3) the testimony relates to the nature and value of legal services rendered in the case; or
(4) disqualification of the lawyer would work substantial hardship on the client.
Here is why it does NOT apply to bar Brad Conway from continuing his “representation” of the Anthonys in this situation:
He is not acting in the role of an ADVOCATE AT TRIAL in THIS case.
They are NOT PARTIES to this litigation.
He is, perhaps, COUNSELING them.
He is seemingly involved in brokering a book or some other type of entertainment deal(s) for them.
But he is NOT an ADVOCATE in these proceedings.
He hasn’t ENTERED AN APPEARANCE for anyone on the docket for this criminal matter (because he can’t enter an appearance for someone who is not a party to the case).
Hence, he has no right to make any OBJECTIONS to questions when they testify as witnesses in the case, etc.
He doesn’t require court permission to WITHDRAW as counsel.
So… to say he is no longer representing them.. is kind of meaningless with regard to FLORIDA v. CASEY ANTHONY.
My guess is that he is GRATEFUL for an exit (and probably that he has already brokered whatever deal they were exploring–or has an agreement with the Anthonys to do so in the future).

Thanks Tup, I'm sitting here wondering what the hell Brad is talking about. What conflict is created by being the Anthony's lawyer? They are the grandparents with a supposed no need for a lawyer in the first place. Conway staying with them, IMO doesn't mean a "conflict of interest" with this witness thing. I'm not understanding this. Now if he came on and said I can't stand by my clients because they continually ignore my advise, then I would understand.
I too think, he just wants out and this is the perfect out for him.
Am I making sense?
Him being a witness has nothing to do with the price of bananas.   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: August 16, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/jose-baez/

Casey Anthony: What will Brad Conway’s departure mean?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on August, 16 2010 12:20 PM
Discuss This: Comments(3) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

A closed-door meeting in Judge Belvin Perry’s office followed Brad Conway’s announcement that he would no longer represent George and Cindy Anthony, WESH-Ch. 2 reported at noon today.

In New York this morning, Conway announced his decision to leave on NBC’s “Today.” Conway told NBC’s Ann Curry that he was a witness to false pleadings by the defense over Texas EquuSearch records. Conway said he had to withdraw because the defense had misrepresented his role and actions.

EquuSearch volunteers looked for Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony, the daughter of George and Cindy Anthony, is accused of first-degree murder in the death of her child.

Casey Anthony’s defense, the prosecution and EquuSearch attorneys met in Perry’s office about a half-hour after Conway’s “Today” appearance, WESH’s Bob Kealing reported.

“We still have no idea what happened in that closed-door session,” Kealing said. But Jose Baez, Casey Anthony’s attorney, said he didn’t have time to respond to Conway’s resignation, Kealing reported.

What will Conway’s departure mean to the case? “Probably not much,” WKMG-Ch. 6’s Tony Pipitone said. “This is really a sideshow … It’s a dispute between attorneys that has claimed another attorney.”

Pipitone reminded viewers that Conway wasn’t involved in Casey Anthony’s defense. “He represented their parents as they went off to make media appearances,” Pipitone said. (Conway is shown with George and Cindy Anthony last year in this photo by Red Huber of the Sentinel.)

Rest in Peace Caylee

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: August 16, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »

Saw this posted from InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371460&page=13

WESH just reported that there was a session in-chambers at the courthouse this morning and are waiting to find out more. Jose was asked about the resignation of Brad, but had not read the letter and did not have time to read/respond. mo, but a link should be up shortly.

I sure hope Lady justice was there swinging a jack hammer at Baez.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #925 on: August 16, 2010, 12:45:56 PM »

What will Conway’s departure mean to the case? “Probably not much,” WKMG-Ch. 6’s Tony Pipitone said. “This is really a sideshow … It’s a dispute between attorneys that has claimed another attorney.”      You mean Circus Sideshow.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: August 16, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/jose-baez/

Casey Anthony: What will Brad Conway’s departure mean?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on August, 16 2010 12:20 PM
Discuss This: Comments(3) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

A closed-door meeting in Judge Belvin Perry’s office followed Brad Conway’s announcement that he would no longer represent George and Cindy Anthony, WESH-Ch. 2 reported at noon today.

In New York this morning, Conway announced his decision to leave on NBC’s “Today.” Conway told NBC’s Ann Curry that he was a witness to false pleadings by the defense over Texas EquuSearch records. Conway said he had to withdraw because the defense had misrepresented his role and actions.

EquuSearch volunteers looked for Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony, the daughter of George and Cindy Anthony, is accused of first-degree murder in the death of her child.

Casey Anthony’s defense, the prosecution and EquuSearch attorneys met in Perry’s office about a half-hour after Conway’s “Today” appearance, WESH’s Bob Kealing reported.

“We still have no idea what happened in that closed-door session,” Kealing said. But Jose Baez, Casey Anthony’s attorney, said he didn’t have time to respond to Conway’s resignation, Kealing reported.

What will Conway’s departure mean to the case? “Probably not much,” WKMG-Ch. 6’s Tony Pipitone said. “This is really a sideshow … It’s a dispute between attorneys that has claimed another attorney.”

Pipitone reminded viewers that Conway wasn’t involved in Casey Anthony’s defense. “He represented their parents as they went off to make media appearances,” Pipitone said. (Conway is shown with George and Cindy Anthony last year in this photo by Red Huber of the Sentinel.)

Odd sometimes when you wonder about something and the answer pops right up in front of you

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: August 16, 2010, 12:49:13 PM »

OHMYGAWD!  I'll bet BOZO pooped his pants this morning. Can you imagine getting a called from JP's clerks saying JP wants you in his office at such and such a time when it comes out that you bare faced lied in a motion?  Monkey Devil!  We may never find out what was said in this meeting but I would not want to be BOZO's pants

Rest in Peace Caylee

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #928 on: August 16, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »

Snipped""""

I don't know about in Florida, but in my state they have to also prove that the verdict would have been different with a different attorney for the verdict to be overturned. I don't think that is will be provable for KC because I believe the state has a TON of evidence we have NO clue about yet.

Another thing is she hired BOZO and could fire him at anytime. In many cases it has been held that because of that the perp got the counsel they wanted regardless of their ability.  With a court appointed lawyer it is much simpler to prove, that most likely will not fly in this one.

See, I find this statement very interesting. Can there be a re-trial b/c of Baez, when everyone has told her what an idiot he is and she still wants him. Wasn't there something last year about her signing a waiver of some sort stating that she still wants Baez and believes she is getting a fair shake with him? Then I remember some monkey stating that EVERYONE gets a do-over if she gets the death penalty. This is really pizzing me off, cause so much money is being thrown at Baez and the entire world can see how incompetent he is. Then when Casey gets the death penalty she will go Whaaaaaaaat? I want a real lawyer now and the whole process has to be started over.

Turbo I hope and pray what you stated is true and the world will not have to look at her ugly face again.   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #929 on: August 16, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »

I'm scratching my head wondering why Conway needed to go on the Today Show to announce this nonsense? Must be a slow day for the Today Show. I never, ever watch that show, don't like it one bit 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: August 16, 2010, 12:56:45 PM »

Snipped""""

I don't know about in Florida, but in my state they have to also prove that the verdict would have been different with a different attorney for the verdict to be overturned. I don't think that is will be provable for KC because I believe the state has a TON of evidence we have NO clue about yet.

Another thing is she hired BOZO and could fire him at anytime. In many cases it has been held that because of that the perp got the counsel they wanted regardless of their ability.  With a court appointed lawyer it is much simpler to prove, that most likely will not fly in this one.

See, I find this statement very interesting. Can there be a re-trial b/c of Baez, when everyone has told her what an idiot he is and she still wants him. Wasn't there something last year about her signing a waiver of some sort stating that she still wants Baez and believes she is getting a fair shake with him? Then I remember some monkey stating that EVERYONE gets a do-over if she gets the death penalty. This is really pizzing me off, cause so much money is being thrown at Baez and the entire world can see how incompetent he is. Then when Casey gets the death penalty she will go Whaaaaaaaat? I want a real lawyer now and the whole process has to be started over.

Turbo I hope and pray what you stated is true and the world will not have to look at her ugly face again.   
It's also interesting that BC remarked today about his difference of opinion with Baez's keeping casey from seeing her parents. Sort of draws a line in the sand, the "good" lawyer questioning the "bad" lawyer's idea to isolate his client. Helpful down the line when the incompetent counsel questions arise and somebody thinks kc deserves a new trial??
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #931 on: August 16, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »

OHMYGAWD!  I'll bet BOZO pooped his pants this morning. Can you imagine getting a called from JP's clerks saying JP wants you in his office at such and such a time when it comes out that you bare faced lied in a motion?  Monkey Devil!  We may never find out what was said in this meeting but I would not want to be BOZO's pants

Sunny I was thinking the same thing. Ring, riiiiiing, Hello? Get your ass over to court RIGHT NOW!!!! Wonder if he had time to change out of his Sponge Bob Square Pants pj's???? Can you imagine facing the wrath of Perry without a Carmel mocha latte first thing in the morning???    Monkey Devil!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #932 on: August 16, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »

What will Conway’s departure mean to the case? “Probably not much,” WKMG-Ch. 6’s Tony Pipitone said. “This is really a sideshow … It’s a dispute between attorneys that has claimed another attorney.”      You mean Circus Sideshow.
Yep and they can't find anyone who's willing to pay admission.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: August 16, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »

The Jar and some oxygen would be part of my guess   
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #934 on: August 16, 2010, 01:05:40 PM »

And I'll say one more thing, because it is obvious I can't shut up    I don't think much more in this case would startle me, but IF it turns out that George is the father, I will be beyond startled.  

me too.....

No, I don't think he's the father either.  Just haven't seen an official FBI report eliminating him.  I don't know who these people on the internet are or how much training, if any, they've had.  Just words on a screen until something official is released.

I have been trying to download that report that Desi linked since yesterday and it is not up anymore. I have searched the other sites for it and have not found it yet, so if anyone has another link I would really appreciate it since I have already called my friend in Michigan and asked her to to over the DNA results. I want to make sure it specifically said George and see HOW they took the DNA if it was because there are a number of ways to beat a DNA when the subject is unwilling so I am interested if it was a "controlled" sample.

That link is working fine for me. I'm using mozilla firefox, you might try that if you're not using it already.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21147519/detail.html

Will it download?  I can't get it to download. It says to contact the administrator of the site. I called the TV station yesterday and they said they had a problem with the document downloading and they did not know when it would be fixed as it was an Adobe problem.

Could you download it then upload it to DOCSTOC and I can get it from there?

Turbo...I just clicked on the link and it downloaded right away.  FYI

It may just be my computer. I use firefox and I even tried explorer and it did not work. The woman at the TV station said if someone had downloaded it before it would download but if you hadn't then it wouldn't because they were having some type of trouble with Adobe in this document. I will try to find it on another site.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: August 16, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »

I'm scratching my head wondering why Conway needed to go on the Today Show to announce this nonsense? Must be a slow day for the Today Show. I never, ever watch that show, don't like it one bit 

Last free ride to NYC on Caylee's death??

Rest in Peace Caylee

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #936 on: August 16, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »

Saw this posted from InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371460&page=13

The Jar and some oxygen would be part of my guess  

I am betting the judge is getting REAL tired of this BS from BOZO.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: August 16, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »

Pants on the ground.....Pants on the ground.....
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: August 16, 2010, 01:08:26 PM »

I have been trying to download that report that Desi linked since yesterday and it is not up anymore. I have searched the other sites for it and have not found it yet, so if anyone has another link I would really appreciate it since I have already called my friend in Michigan and asked her to to over the DNA results. I want to make sure it specifically said George and see HOW they took the DNA if it was because there are a number of ways to beat a DNA when the subject is unwilling so I am interested if it was a "controlled" sample.
That link is working fine for me. I'm using mozilla firefox, you might try that if you're not using it already.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21147519/detail.html
Will it download?  I can't get it to download. It says to contact the administrator of the site. I called the TV station yesterday and they said they had a problem with the document downloading and they did not know when it would be fixed as it was an Adobe problem.

Could you download it then upload it to DOCSTOC and I can get it from there?
Well, yesterday was Sunday.  So perhaps whoever was working in the newsroom over the weekend, and who answered the phone for you yesterday, was somewhat less than well-informed, or maybe they were mistakenly referring to some other file??  This is a working link to a properly functioning file, Turbo -- I just tried it yet again to be sure, and it still works great, just as it has each time I have used/tested it. 

I click on the link.  It takes me to WFTV.com and the .pdf file promptly begins loading.  I can view it and easily navigate to the page I want (page 86).  I can print it or copy the page as an image with a click of the right mouse button.  Again, I have tested and re-tested it, and am not seeing any problem with this .pdf file, nor the link itself.

I'm on Firefox, too, fwiw.  Hope you will eventually be able to view it, Turbo.  Maybe because of your browser or your compy, you might have to wait for all 622 pages to load before you can view it?  Not sure what the problem is here.  (Sorry for the o/t, but it is frustrating to post a verified working link, and to be told repeatedly that it doesn't work, or that it is  "not up any more.")

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #939 on: August 16, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »

Saw this posted from InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371460&page=13

OHMYGAWD!  I'll bet BOZO pooped his pants this morning. Can you imagine getting a called from JP's clerks saying JP wants you in his office at such and such a time when it comes out that you bare faced lied in a motion?  Monkey Devil!  We may never find out what was said in this meeting but I would not want to be BOZO's pants

Sunny I was thinking the same thing. Ring, riiiiiing, Hello? Get your ass over to court RIGHT NOW!!!! Wonder if he had time to change out of his Sponge Bob Square Pants pj's???? Can you imagine facing the wrath of Perry without a Carmel mocha latte first thing in the morning???    Monkey Devil!

And when asked about Conway quitting he said he had an appointment and would comment later. I bet he canceled that appointment when the judge called. LOL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.