April 25, 2024, 02:10:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #168 8/09/10 - 8/16/10  (Read 195292 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #960 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »

This may be a dumb question, but I hope someone will answer.  Why would NeJame allow Brad Conway to look through TES records anyway?  What need would Conway or his despicable clients have to see those searchers' information?  Was there some type of contract between GA and CA and TES?  Did Conway look through the records?
I'm sure NeJame knows what he's doing - but it is a little hinky to me.  What am I missing?   
Hi numbers!  Whatever you are missing, I'm missing it, too.

It would be interesting to know whether Brad might have been digging for documentation regarding the incident in early November (the 8th?) where James Hoover allegedly approached the TES search team leader (IIRC) to inform them that someone had reported seeing Casey and her white Pontiac backed up to the site on Suburban back in the summer, suggesting that TES should be searching for a dead Caylee there....  But I'm sure there could have been any number of nefarious Anthony-istic angles for Brad's file-diving excursion on their behalf.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

Case highlights Fla. death penalty law

ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 16 (UPI) -- If the murder trial of Casey Anthony ends in a conviction it will bring Florida's "hybrid" death penalty into the case, legal experts say.

Anthony is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie, whose remains were found near the family home in 2008, the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel reported Sunday.

If convicted, the jury will recommend a sentence -- either the death penalty or life in prison -- but Florida is one of only three states, along with Alabama and Delaware, that allow judges to decide against a jury, the newspaper said.

In 30 states, a jury must vote unanimously to sentence someone to death. A vote of 11-1 for death in those states means a mandatory life sentence, whether the judge agrees or not.

In Florida, however, an 11-1 vote for death would be a strong show of support for a death sentence and judges would normally be inclined to rule that way, experts say.

But under the state's "hybrid" system they are not required to, and are free to ignore the jury's penalty decision.

The system has been "an area of controversy," said Richard Dieter, executive director of the Death Penalty Information Center in Washington.

"I don't think the average person realizes Florida is that different," Dieter said. "In all of those [other] states, the judge can't state, 'I'm going to impose death anyhow [despite the jury's sentence].'"

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/16/Case-highlights-Fla-death-penalty-law/UPI-34561281979773/
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »

Saw this posted from InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371460&page=13

WESH just reported that there was a session in-chambers at the courthouse this morning and are waiting to find out more. Jose was asked about the resignation of Brad, but had not read the letter and did not have time to read/respond. mo, but a link should be up shortly.

Well that's interesting.....wonder who was at that in chambers meeting?
I sure hope Lady justice was there swinging a jack hammer at Baez.   

OHMYGAWD!  I'll bet BOZO pooped his pants this morning. Can you imagine getting a called from JP's clerks saying JP wants you in his office at such and such a time when it comes out that you bare faced lied in a motion?  Monkey Devil!  We may never find out what was said in this meeting but I would not want to be BOZO's pants

Sunny I was thinking the same thing. Ring, riiiiiing, Hello? Get your ass over to court RIGHT NOW!!!! Wonder if he had time to change out of his Sponge Bob Square Pants pj's???? Can you imagine facing the wrath of Perry without a Carmel mocha latte first thing in the morning???    Monkey Devil!

I wish we had footage.   
Me, too.  Now, that, I would pay for!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: August 16, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but Simon Barrett [ August 15 ] has the reason why Jesse Grund's depo was cancelled---Baez & Co. forgot to serve Jesse with the papers.  Scroll down several paragraphs where Simon mentions it in his summary:

http://www.bloggernews.net/125077

Good Morning Monks!  Ono, thanks!!  this is a great way to start my day! Monkey Devil!

Without doubt the most humorous event of the week was the non-depo of Richard and Jessie Grund by Baez and the kids. The news outlets had the story, but not the detail. All that was reported was that they had been canceled. In todays program we shared the gory details. Someone in the illustrious Baez operation forgot the minor detail of actually serving Jessie Grund with the papers! For months Baez has been squawking about the Grunds, yet he forgets to actually invite Jessie to the party? Of course now that he is on the Tax Payers dime, I guess that he has throttled back his level of activity.

Bwwwaaaahahahahah!  Too, too much fun today...Baez and his team can't even get the paperwork done?!?  I do believe most attorneys would double-check and maybe even triple-check that the paperwork was done and done properly!!  This is RICH!!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: August 16, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/081310-conway-quits-anthonys-lawyer
Conway confirms he’s out of Anthony case

Updated: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 7:52 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 7:39 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Attorney Brad Conway, who has been representing Casey Anthony’s parents Cindy and George Anthony, has confirmed he will not longer be their attorney.

Early Monday Conway told FOX 35's Holly Bristow this has nothing to do with the Anthony’s or anything they've done. Instead he said it has everything to do with Casey’s attorney José Baez.

Conway said that a motion filed by the defense last week made regarding documents on 4000 Texas Equusearch volunteers, Baez claimed that Conway was given unrestricted access to look at those documents but only if he got the Anthony’s to sign a waiver of conflict of interest.

Conway’s said that's not the case, the defense never spoke to him before filing the motion and now he could potentially be called as a witness by Texas Equusearch's attorney if the judge holds a hearing on the Texas Equusearch paperwork.

Texas Equusearch is fighting to keep Casey Anthony’s attorneys from getting unrestricted access to their search documents.

not only is the Dufense inept, they are liars and aren't afraid to lie in motions!

Oooooohhhh....wonder what Cindy is thinking about all of this!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: August 16, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/081310-conway-quits-anthonys-lawyer
Conway confirms he’s out of Anthony case

Updated: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 7:52 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 7:39 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Attorney Brad Conway, who has been representing Casey Anthony’s parents Cindy and George Anthony, has confirmed he will not longer be their attorney.

Early Monday Conway told FOX 35's Holly Bristow this has nothing to do with the Anthony’s or anything they've done. Instead he said it has everything to do with Casey’s attorney José Baez.

Conway said that a motion filed by the defense last week made regarding documents on 4000 Texas Equusearch volunteers, Baez claimed that Conway was given unrestricted access to look at those documents but only if he got the Anthony’s to sign a waiver of conflict of interest.

Conway’s said that's not the case, the defense never spoke to him before filing the motion and now he could potentially be called as a witness by Texas Equusearch's attorney if the judge holds a hearing on the Texas Equusearch paperwork.

Texas Equusearch is fighting to keep Casey Anthony’s attorneys from getting unrestricted access to their search documents.

not only is the Dufense inept, they are liars and aren't afraid to lie in motions!

Oooooohhhh....wonder what Cindy is thinking about all of this!

She's thinking

More interviews
More money
I'm a STAR Monkey Devil!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: August 16, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but Simon Barrett [ August 15 ] has the reason why Jesse Grund's depo was cancelled---Baez & Co. forgot to serve Jesse with the papers.  Scroll down several paragraphs where Simon mentions it in his summary:

Good Morning Monks!  Ono, thanks!!  this is a great way to start my day! Monkey Devil!

Without doubt the most humorous event of the week was the non-depo of Richard and Jessie Grund by Baez and the kids. The news outlets had the story, but not the detail. All that was reported was that they had been canceled. In todays program we shared the gory details. Someone in the illustrious Baez operation forgot the minor detail of actually serving Jessie Grund with the papers! For months Baez has been squawking about the Grunds, yet he forgets to actually invite Jessie to the party? Of course now that he is on the Tax Payers dime, I guess that he has throttled back his level of activity.

Bwwwaaaahahahahah!  Too, too much fun today...Baez and his team can't even get the paperwork done?!?  I do believe most attorneys would double-check and maybe even triple-check that the paperwork was done and done properly!!  This is RICH!!!

I know, Puzzler.  I'll bet it makes Judge Strickland giggle, too.  The trial I was on this past week was about a lawyer being sued because of this exact stuff.  He wasn't prepared for a custody trial for a three year old little girl, (I immediately thought of Caylee,) and told the Mom that it was a status hearing and she didn't have to appear.  Turns out he was wrong, it was a trial, the father's lawyer had his ducks in a row, Mom lost custody, Dad moved out of state with the little girl.  Upshot?  Mom hasn't seen her baby in TWO YEARS!!  Oh, and guess when the Mom found out she lost custody?  When the sheriff knocked on her door at 6 am and took the baby away.  It makes me sick.  Also, he was incredibly arrogant and combative on the stand.  Reminds me of Baez.  Incompetent fools, both of them.
But Justice was served.  She is going to see her child this weekend, and this lawyer is going to pay dearly for his mistake. 

(Sorry if O/T)

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #967 on: August 16, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »

This morning's developments re: Brad Conway are confusing to say the least.

I found this helpful in trying to wrap my brain around it all:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/

Don't you just LOVE NeJame!!!!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: August 16, 2010, 01:56:43 PM »

Saw this posted from InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=371460&page=13

WESH just reported that there was a session in-chambers at the courthouse this morning and are waiting to find out more. Jose was asked about the resignation of Brad, but had not read the letter and did not have time to read/respond. mo, but a link should be up shortly.

OHMYGAWD!  I'll bet BOZO pooped his pants this morning. Can you imagine getting a called from JP's clerks saying JP wants you in his office at such and such a time when it comes out that you bare faced lied in a motion?  Monkey Devil!  We may never find out what was said in this meeting but I would not want to be BOZO's pants

Sunny I was thinking the same thing. Ring, riiiiiing, Hello? Get your ass over to court RIGHT NOW!!!! Wonder if he had time to change out of his Sponge Bob Square Pants pj's???? Can you imagine facing the wrath of Perry without a Carmel mocha latte first thing in the morning???    Monkey Devil!

I wish we had footage.   

Can't you picture Judge Perry doing an eye roll and saying"Mr.Baez ,would you like to clean out your boxas before we get started?"   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: August 16, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »

I know, Puzzler.  I'll bet it makes Judge Strickland giggle, too.  The trial I was on this past week was about a lawyer being sued because of this exact stuff.  He wasn't prepared for a custody trial for a three year old little girl, (I immediately thought of Caylee,) and told the Mom that it was a status hearing and she didn't have to appear.  Turns out he was wrong, it was a trial, the father's lawyer had his ducks in a row, Mom lost custody, Dad moved out of state with the little girl.  Upshot?  Mom hasn't seen her baby in TWO YEARS!!  Oh, and guess when the Mom found out she lost custody?  When the sheriff knocked on her door at 6 am and took the baby away.  It makes me sick.  Also, he was incredibly arrogant and combative on the stand.  Reminds me of Baez.  Incompetent fools, both of them.
But Justice was served.  She is going to see her child this weekend, and this lawyer is going to pay dearly for his mistake. 

(Sorry if O/T)

Tree cheers for justice

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: August 16, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »

Lyon is a talking head on a Chicago news station now 

(video)
http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=42,8,80&pid=HNjMgS7s0hUyqr4l7Vj_fouzOgdFA3gf
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #971 on: August 16, 2010, 01:59:01 PM »

(video)
Well, it isn't called the Windy City for no reason  Windy City and City of Hot Air thanks to Lyon.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: August 16, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

A lot of people, myself included, were wondering why NeJame showed Conway the TES files. But, if as he said, he did it as a courtesy to the A's, there's nothing that would have prevented him from showing the files to another attorney is there? As long as the files weren't tampered with?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: August 16, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »

WESH has a video report:

http://www.wesh.com/news/24643120/detail.html

In the accompanying written story, it says:

WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing showed Baez Conway's resignation letter Monday. While Baez was on his way into a meeting, he said he plans to make a comment when the meeting is over.

thanks Desi....this is another one of those times when BOZO should say no comment and keep on walking...
A silent Baez?  We should be so lucky.   

I hope the judge puts a gag order on the attorneys at the beginning of KC's trial.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »

WESH has a video report:

http://www.wesh.com/news/24643120/detail.html

In the accompanying written story, it says:

WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing showed Baez Conway's resignation letter Monday. While Baez was on his way into a meeting, he said he plans to make a comment when the meeting is over.

thanks Desi....this is another one of those times when BOZO should say no comment and keep on walking...
A silent Baez?  We should be so lucky.   

I hope the judge puts a gag order on the attorneys at the beginning of KC's trial.

Maybe Mr Rosebud can lend Judge P a roll of Henkle duct tape  Monkey Devil!
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:43 PM »

I wish we had footage.   

Can't you picture Judge Perry doing an eye roll and saying"Mr.Baez ,would you like to clean out your boxas before we get started?"   Monkey Devil!
I almost had to change mine when I read that!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: August 16, 2010, 02:05:19 PM »

Monk - thanks for sharing your jury duty experience with us.     

Sometimes I wonder if Bozo is making mistakes on purpose.    He can't possibly be that stupid, can he?       

So.....  who will be the next clown to step up and become a part of this 3-ring circus, now that Conway is out?     
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: August 16, 2010, 02:05:36 PM »

(video)
Well, it isn't called the Windy City for no reason  Windy City and City of Hot Air thanks to Lyon.
I guess she huffed and she puffed and blew that City down!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: August 16, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »

Attorney for Anthony's parents resigns
August 16, 2010 13:22 EDT

http://www.weartv.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.fl/2811508f-www.weartv.com.shtml
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: August 16, 2010, 02:06:07 PM »

From Brad Conway's letter of resignation:

http://www.wesh.com/news/24643776/detail.html

I will continue to support the Anthonys, will continue to attend hearings and the eventual trial and most importantly I will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.
Hi Desi...yep BC isn't going along with the Caylee is still alive or BOZO's lies.....
  Sunny --  Right.  I thought it was highly significant for him to word it that way. 

Cindy says she is not convinced Caylee is dead.
Cindy says the DNA proof is "junk science."
Cindy says if Caylee IS dead, it could have been an accident.

She just went on national TV and said this.  She said it under oath from the witness stand at the last hearing. 

Brad used the phrase "the killing of Caylee" very pointedly and deliberately, IMO.

I agree..BC's statement was carefully worded. In am not sure and will check with an attorney friend, but his stated reason for resigning is IMO an excuse, not a reason.  He was representing the A's....not Kc.  I believe he may have been looking for an excuse and found it.  He states he will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.  ????  I must be confused....what has he done thus far to search for the truth?  IMO this is all lawyer talk for let me try to confuse you while I get the hell outta Dodge!!  He will continue to attend the hearing and the eventual trial...of course he will, it's free advertising for him, he keeps his name and face out in public view.

With regret I am forced to resign as George and Cindy Anthonys attorney. The defense motion filed on August 9, 2010 contains allegations that are not in fact true. As an officer of the court I cannot stand idly by knowing allegations involving me have been misstated. I am now a witness to an inaccurate legal pleading filed in our court system. As such, I cannot continue in good conscience as a legal representative. George and Cindy Anthony have done nothing improper, it is the failure of the defense to verify the facts alleged in their motion that forces my withdrawal. I will continue to support the Anthonys, will continue to attend hearings and the eventual trial and most importantly I will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Does this mean that Brad can go back to being Cindy and George's attorney after this is legally dealt with?  If he wants to?  I hope THIS is the opportunity Brad has been looking for to get out of being the A's attorney...what better way...this way he can say...Oh, it's not the A's fault.  Bwwwaaahahaha!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.