April 19, 2024, 01:01:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #13 8/02/10 - 8/04/10  (Read 244747 times)
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »

Patricia Mocha Latte  I didn't take the question that was posted by Lifesong as an insult, maybe it was and I just didn't get it    You, just like I have an open mind, I never have, nor will I see things in black and white, I see things in many shades, I hope you continue to share your thoughts.

It was not meant as an insult.  I'm not that kind of poster. 

Just an honest question.

I appologize fr snapping at you lifesong. That's not me nor what I am about. I don't know what got into me and there is no excuse. I will say that it has been tough following to very difficult cases. Both Haleigh Cummings and this one. Also, and this is a positive, but with the case of Jaycee Duggard OMG 18 years is a very long time and to think of all the suffering that poor girl/woman went through. I guess I am just overly snappy so backing off from the case feels like the right thing for me to do and it has nothing to do with your comments to me.
It was easy to blame you though and for that I appologize.

I'm going to keep reading along and will most likely post along with all of you the minute, no, the second that this case is solved.

Lurk Mode: On.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »

One quick additional comment.
I would fully admit if I knew these people.
I do not know any of them.
I have only been following this case along with the rest of the Monkeys.

~Peace

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

~Peace

Hoping you hang in there with us, PML.

We need all of us here.

an angelic monkey

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/breakingnews/story/Kaine-Desiree-and-Tony-Young-called-before-grand/10QkYxWoqkyk5HGxkWOiMg.cspx
Kaine, Desiree and Tony Young called before grand jury
Last Update: 12:10 pm

Tony Young, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman appeared before a Multnomah County grand jury for the first time Monday, less than a week after Terri Horman’s friend, DeDe Spicher, briefly appeared.

The trio, who have been adamant about Terri’s involvement in the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman, were stoic and speechless before a throng of cameras outside the courthouse on Southwest 4th avenue.

It’s unclear what charges the grand jury is pondering, but the only thing all those people - Kaine, Desiree, Tony and DeDe - have in common is Terri Horman and Kyron Horman.

Well, I think this is good news!  I'd thought it was odd that they hadn't been called to testify. 

Thanks for posting it, Brandi.

I don't recall, has Terri been called by the grand jury yet?

IMO Terri will not be called to testify before GJ. What would be the point......she'll take the 5th.
She's protected........she doesn't have to answer anything self-incriminating.

My guess is the GJ is seated to decide if there's enough evidence to indict Terri and/or an accomplice.
JMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »

Glad I am not the only one to notice the TH support page taking down Kyron's picture replacing with step-mother.  National TV twice in one day.....hmm
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

And I say TOO BAD.  Finding Kyron outweighs their temporary discomfort in being "dragged" into the investigation 
Amen to that!
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »

~Peace
I am sorry you are having a hard day, I do know how you feel after finding Caylee not alive I had to back off and just follow the cases at a distance.  I hope you feel better soon...... an angelic monkey
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »

It would be unusual for the prosecution to subpoena the target of a grand jury investigation to testify before the grand jury.  First, the prosecution is under no obligation to present the defense's side.  Second, the prosecution is under no obligation to present "exculpatory" evidence.  The question is whether there is sufficient evidence to convict.  Since the state cannot compel a criminal defendant to testify at the merits trial, it would be most unusual for a prosecutor to subpoena the target because, assuming the target would not assert the 5th amendment privilege against self-incrimination, the target, if charged, would not likely testify at trial, therefore making the indictment suspect.

Thanks Jess!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »

There is a reason they have seached many times in and around Sauvie Island.
Why do you think that is, Klaas?  Eyewitness?  Pings?  Or both and more?
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »

It would be unusual for the prosecution to subpoena the target of a grand jury investigation to testify before the grand jury.  First, the prosecution is under no obligation to present the defense's side.  Second, the prosecution is under no obligation to present "exculpatory" evidence.  The question is whether there is sufficient evidence to convict.  Since the state cannot compel a criminal defendant to testify at the merits trial, it would be most unusual for a prosecutor to subpoena the target because, assuming the target would not assert the 5th amendment privilege against self-incrimination, the target, if charged, would not likely testify at trial, therefore making the indictment suspect.

Thanks Jess!   

How long do we think the GJ will last?  DeDe went before them a week ago today the 26th.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »

Has anyone seen this post?....

Snipped..

What do you mean Kyron just got off the phone?

Posted on Kaine Horman challenges those with information to come forward in Kyron Horman case on July 31, 2010, 8:44PM

this person seems to know the Horman family....
http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/lentsres/comments-2.html

I'm trying to find the comment in context.  I'd say if this was 2 days ago it was nothing or we would have heard.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »

~Peace
I am sorry you are having a hard day, I do know how you feel after finding Caylee not alive I had to back off and just follow the cases at a distance.  I hope you feel better soon...... an angelic monkey

Sending love!  I have to back off a lot when it starts getting to me.  I cry frequently about these cases.  For me it is a release.  However, when I start to get depressed, I do have to take a break.  We all feel the pain and sorrow so much.  After all, that's why were are here.  We are compassionate souls!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2010, 07:46:49 PM »

There is a reason they have seached many times in and around Sauvie Island.
Why do you think that is, Klaas?  Eyewitness?  Pings?  Or both and more?

I believe Pings and witnesses that saw her truck (I believe).
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »

Snipped..

Posted on Kaine Horman challenges those with information to come forward in Kyron Horman case on July 31, 2010, 8:44PM

I'm trying to find the comment in context.  I'd say if this was 2 days ago it was nothing or we would have heard.
the original was deleted I looked

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »

Wyks  an angelic monkey
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »

Back on page 5 or so of this thread, it was said that Dede's vehicle formerly sported a sticker from Multnomah Search and Rescue. This is not correct.

The sticker read "Klamath County Dive Rescue."  Dede's parents live in Klamath County, which is where Dede grew up.  They live several hours south of Portland.  Dede's father was deputized by the Klamath County Sheriff's Office as an officer in the marine rescue unit.  It has been established that Dede's father was NOT involved in the search efforts for Kyron in Multnomah County.

The decal was on the rear window of Dede's vehicle when she drove Terri away from the Horman residence around the time of the divorce filing/restraining order/order to vacate the home.  Then, after Dede's home had been searched by LE, it was noted that the decal had been removed.

Brandi was kind enough to snag pictures.  Maybe she could repost them to clarify this issue.

Just wanted to correct that before anyone hopped onto the wrong info and ran with it.  If I have any info wrong here, please correct the corrector.  LOL

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »

Back on page 5 or so of this thread, it was said that Dede's vehicle formerly sported a sticker from Multnomah Search and Rescue. This is not correct.

The sticker read "Klamath County Dive Rescue."  Dede's parents live in Klamath County, which is where Dede grew up.  They live several hours south of Portland.  Dede's father was deputized by the Klamath County Sheriff's Office as an officer in the marine rescue unit.  It has been established that Dede's father was NOT involved in the search efforts for Kyron in Multnomah County.

The decal was on the rear window of Dede's vehicle when she drove Terri away from the Horman residence around the time of the divorce filing/restraining order/order to vacate the home.  Then, after Dede's home had been searched by LE, it was noted that the decal had been removed.

Brandi was kind enough to snag pictures.  Maybe she could repost them to clarify this issue.

Just wanted to correct that before anyone hopped onto the wrong info and ran with it.  If I have any info wrong here, please correct the corrector.  LOL
Hi Desi, thanks for the info! Smile

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2010, 07:55:02 PM »

Snipped..

hold on think Luck 7 has that.  Research is her gig..
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »

Aww Wykes, you are my monkey buddy...
Sometimes I wish I can just go through the screen and give you a (((((((((Hug))))))))))

Awwwww TG.. < hugs!! back atcha >  and thanks.  Yeppers, I feel the same about you.   an angelic monkey

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »

Hi Desi, thanks for the info! Smile
Thank you so much I was the one who posted incorrecly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.