April 24, 2024, 09:10:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #13 8/02/10 - 8/04/10  (Read 244910 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: August 03, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »

I've never been a stepmother, but have some ideas about it.  When a woman marries a man or vice versa who has children, it should not come as a big surprise that those children will always be his and you will be a stepmother.  It is likely that a divorce or parent's death was very traumatic for the children and it seems to me it is the duty of all adults who have contact with children, not only step parents, to treat them with respect and love.  A step mother, IMO, has special responsibilities toward her husband's children.  Since she voluntarilly entered the marriage, she should have been prepared to love and care for the child or children as if they were her own.  After all, they are the children of the man she is supposed to love, so how could she not love them?  I know that in many cases the children have resentment toward the stepmother, but the stepmother should do all in her power to help them through this and establish a loving and nurturing relationship.

All of that may be naive, since I have no personal experience with step parenting, but I would hope it's true.

I agree babybear!  Sure there will always be issues but hopefully it isn't often they are as serious as this.

The child was there first imo and if one feels insecure about taking up with
a partner with kids - back off!

Hopefully parents who have custody of their children are super alert to those they bring into their relationship.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #461 on: August 03, 2010, 01:10:24 PM »

Just reading that step-mother's post makes me appreciate even more those step-parents who gather their step-children to their heart, loving them, not having to, but doing it anyway.  Some in fact, to the point that they seem to be the birth-parents themselves.  I wish with all my heart that little one in the above step-mother's "care", could be removed for his own good and well-being, lest he end up like Kyron someday.  Sigh.  Why does it take something horrible to happen before a gov't agency will act?  Whatever happened to 'preventive care'?  Funding?  Lack of or overworked staff?  And the lives of children everywhere hang in the balance.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #462 on: August 03, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »

i thought LE had seached that area early on
on the bing map the road runs out an 2 homes at the end of road
if TH did do something to kyron, prob be close by, a less populated road
http://tinyurl.com/3xuasbo

[quote:Jonesr(OP) 1056623]

Crazy like a fox,
I think Kyron is on bishop road

how long did that trip from school to Bishops road take??

Minutes, less than ten would cover the entire length
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1141412/pg113
[/quote]I can't remember, the two homes at the end of the road, is this where the man was talking about a truck that came by two times and he thought that was very unusual?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: August 03, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »

According to "Sources" ... Terri Horman's motive behind the cell phone issue was to "avoid investigators' scrutiny".

Janet

+++++

Stepmom's friends scrutinized as investigators comb through 3,500 tips in Kyron Horman case
Published: Monday, August 02, 2010, 2:52 PM
Updated: Monday, August 02, 2010, 10:27 PM

Investigators have been focusing on Terri Moulton Horman's close circle of friends after learning that one of them obtained new cell phones for her so she could avoid investigators' scrutiny after becoming the focus of the inquiry into the disappearance of her 7-year-old stepson.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/multnomah_county_shericomb_thr.html

i just dont think TH that stupid, LE would just get the phone co. records again and again
however many times they had to, i think TH just wanted another phone

You could be right.

However ... could the "friend" have revealed to investigators the reason behind the purchase of the new cells.

Think about it.  Terri was aware that her cell phone implicated her in untruths in regards to her statement to investigators regarding her whereabouts on the morning of June 4, 2010.

I would like to know.  Can cell phones be purchase with prepaid minutes ... cell phones where there are no record of activity?

Tamikosmom and hubby have not yet bowed in regards to a cell phone but ... I believe the writing is on the wall.  Our hardwired phone with a mile long coiled cord as well as ... a few extention phones throughout the house ... has sufficed so far.  Hubby was presented with cell with prepaid minutes by daughter last year prior to us taking the grandkids for a mini-vacation on the boat.  To this day it remains unused.  I took one look at all those tiny keys ... determined I needed course as well as new specs and ... placed the cute little shiny red device back into the waterproof container.  Marina payphones was where it was at for updating Mom and Dad each evening.

Janet

+++++

Dateline NBC puts story of missing Kyron in national eye
Published: Monday, July 26, 2010, 11:17 PM
Updated: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 4:26 PM

And Medford Police Detective Tony Young, Kyron's stepfather, offered his take on the what happened June 4, the day Kyron was last reported seen.

Young said he suspected Moulton Horman early on, when he was explaining to the family how their privacy would disappear as detective proceeded with their investigation.

“She instantly started to express some displeasure at that, feeling like she was being persecuted,” he said. “I thought that was an unusual reaction so early.”

For Young, “strike two” came when investigators told him cell phone records belied Moulton Horman's timeline of where she was the day Kyron disappeared.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/dateline_nbc_highlights_puts_s.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: August 03, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »

Janet I'm not sure about the answers to your cell phone questions, I just remember the Anthonys were fooling around with different phones also. Cell phones with prepaid minutes, think there are, but not sure.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »

Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/07/29/kyron-horman-case-considering-motives/

I’m sharing this for a couple of reasons.  To show that there ARE stepparents out there who are not mature enough and not emotionally stable enough to be stepparents.  As a stepparent I can tell you that I take issue with anyone who wants to try to cast stepparents – in some blanket stereotypical fashion – as evil people.  I think a person is either bad or good – but not by label.  So there are bad parents (note Teghan’s mother, or Casey Anthony) just like there are bad stepparents.  But I also share this with you because I wonder…could this voice a possible motive behind Terri’s thinking – IF she was, in fact, involved in Kyron’s disappearance?  Read these words carefully and consider that question.

From this thread on “iVillage Garden Web:  The internet’s garden & home community” in the forum “Stepfamily”.  Thread title “Can’t accept my Stepson”.

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/step/msg011826118329.html?60

Approximately 3/4’s of the way down the page a post by “stepmom2kids” posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 18:35:

I hate my step kid too. Its not pleasant to think of your husband with another woman making babies, much less having to care for them yourself as a free babysitter, and all the bull that comes with it. Out in the wild, hippos, lions and various other mammals will kill these offspring. I can’t stand my step kid, and he lives with us Frown
    Anyways, if I didn’t know him I’d say he’s a very sweet kid, that has a speech disorder/learning disorder, and as long as I wouldn’t have to be around him for extended periods of time, I’d like him, or be indifferent. But since he’s my step kid and I’m his main caretaker, I harbor a lot of resentment, that I worry may harm my health carrying all of this secret hate around, or that it will come around band bite me in the ass somehow later on. It is very unnatural having step kids, very unnatural to love them, it goes against nature is how it feels anyway.  I have often wished he’d get out of my life, but we can’t afford to pay child support and I have my own daughter to worry about. If we pay more than we can afford each month, how am I going to take care of my own daughter? That would agonize me much more than gritting my teeth everyday and enduring my stepson’s presence. I too would get up and do the gig if I only had to have him 3weeks out of the year. I used to wish that he would choke to death, and one day at a buffet it actually almost happened, man, did I regret that wish, I cried so much, I felt so sorry for his helpless little face as he chocked for air. I couldn’t have lived with the guilt if he’s dad wouldn’t of been there to save his life. Now I just wish he’d get abducted by aliens or something, Just kidding. He’s okay sometimes, but usually talks like a +++++ behind his years. I think he has some kind of learning disability that makes him very good with numbers, but a social +++++ (in my spiteful opinion). According to the dad he is a genius…Pff.. HAHA! What happened to me, I used to be nice, I still am a very nice person, it was normal for close friends to call me one of the nicest, accepting friends, accepting and befriending anyone for who they were. But being a step mom has brought out the worst in me, and is certainly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like Angelina Jolie in that movie where the police give her a kid that is not hers and he’s calling her “mom”, she throws a pan at the wall and shrieks, “I’m NOT YOUR MOTHER, DON’T CALL ME THAT!!!”. That’s what I want to do when he calls me mom. Instead I shutter inside, and on the outside, I smile sweetly and say, Yes? This is what my life will be from now on because I married a good guy who already had a kid.
all I have to say about the author of that post is that she is an evil bitch and I wish somehow her husband would be forced to read that post, then kick her sorry ass out of his house (or feed her antifreeze in her gatorade) she wished he'd choke to death? and she thinks she's a nice person? omg, that just burns me up    I am not a stepparent, but I hope and pray she is not the Norm when it comes to stepparents.  Her husband must also be a dumbass.  Poor kid.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

Crazy like a fox,

I can't remember, the two homes at the end of the road, is this where the man was talking about a truck that came by two times and he thought that was very unusual?[/quote]

not sure anymore, i thought that guy was near RR track, maybe the guy who saw
a white truck with redhead women, and thought it was his buddy,was that near bishop

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »

Crazy like a fox,

I can't remember, the two homes at the end of the road, is this where the man was talking about a truck that came by two times and he thought that was very unusual?

a white truck with redhead women, and thought it was his buddy,was that near bishop
[/quote] The one guy who thought it was his buddy that is a separate man, the man I'm talking about, and can't remember his name was middle age and concerned about traffic by his house because it was rare.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: August 03, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »

Janet I'm not sure about the answers to your cell phone questions, I just remember the Anthonys were fooling around with different phones also. Cell phones with prepaid minutes, think there are, but not sure.

Is there an official record of activity on cell phones with prepaid minutes?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: August 03, 2010, 01:29:32 PM »

Janet
I don't know Janet, like you don't have a cell phone, my husband and daughters do, but they aren't prepaid minutes.
Lynnie76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: August 03, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »

I live southeast just outside of the Porltand city limits off of 205..  Last week I went to visit a friend North of the Skyline school area.  I left home about 9:30 in the morning.  It only took about 40 minutes to reach my friend's home despite the fact that I didn't know where I was going.  I have never driven the freeways through Portland.  All this to say, Terry could have driven in a totally different direction to "rid" herself of Kyron.  Nobody would have known.  Finding him would be difficult if you spread out the area even more.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: August 03, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »

Janet

i think so the calls go through a carrier/service, like tmobil ect

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #472 on: August 03, 2010, 01:33:20 PM »

Crazy like a fox,

I can't remember, the two homes at the end of the road, is this where the man was talking about a truck that came by two times and he thought that was very unusual?
[/quote]
Driving directions to NW Bishop Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97124
3.0 mi – about 6 mins
Suggested routes

NW Logie TrailHillsboro, OR 97124 

1. Head south on NW Logie Trail toward NW Svea Dr  1.5 mi
2. Turn left at NW Helvetia Rd  1.0 mi
3. Take the 1st left onto NW Bishop Rd  0.5 mi

NW Bishop RdHillsboro, OR 97124

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: August 03, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »

Kim Holm resides in the same area that Jim Kelley and his neighbour observed the white pickup at 3:00 PM on June 4, 2010 and 1:00 AM the next morning.

The 3:00 PM time tend to eliminate Terri as the driver when it is considered that Kaine's own words place his wife at home.

A while back there were maps posted on the SM Kyron Horman forum and interesting information regarding Kim Holm's elder son.

Could there be a connection?

Janet

++++++

Kim Holm

Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date
Story Published: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM PDT

Kim Holm’s son, Kurtis, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Kim Holm

Court doc: Kaine accuses Terri of sexual affair
Story Published: Jul 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM PDT

Meanwhile, Kim Holm, who is good friends with Terri said Monday, “I really think they were a good family before this.”

She said they volunteered together at Skyline School where her son, Curtis, is good friends with Kyron, and when Terri asked Curtis to go bowling with the family just days before Kyron disappeared, a normally protective Holm let her son go.

“I don’t let my kids go with anybody, and I let him go bowling with them the Sunday before he disappeared, because I just trusted them,” she said. “I didn’t think anything bad about them.”

She described Terri as a good mother who snapped a photo of the boys at their science project the morning Kyron vanished.

“I asked Curtis about Kyron’s last day at school and he told me he was happy, he was interacting with her, and they were really excited about the science fair project,” Holm said.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98272674.html

Jim Kelley

Day 3: FBI calls in criminal profiler in search for missing Skyline boy; interviews with students and parents begin
Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 2:14 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:01 PM

1:29 p.m. -- Neighbors stop by Brooks Hill Historic church, across the street from the school, to mull over the investigation. "This kind of thing is unheard of," says Jim Kelley, 50.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m, he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun

_____

Lynnie76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #474 on: August 03, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

I forgot to say.  If she was in Hillsboro, she could have driven south to the split to 205 and then come back up North.  I haven't tried it but seems like a more direct route.  Again not to say she did.  Just thinking about all possiblities within a 45 minute range.
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

Crazy like a fox,

The one guy who thought it was his buddy that is a separate man, the man I'm talking about, and can't remember his name was middle age and concerned about traffic by his house because it was rare.
[/quote]
Logie trail rd I wonder if they had the man Chas go back to verify the exact side st he saw her come out of!
3.0 mi – about 6 mins
Suggested routes

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2010, 01:37:59 PM »

Janet

i think so the calls go through a carrier/service, like tmobil ect

Thanks

That would imply that if new cell phones were purchased for Terri ... it was not an attempt to avoid the scrutiny of investigators unless they were under the name of the friend who purchased them.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/2-months-later-where-is-Kyron-Horman-99784814.html

Kyron Horman's dad appears before grand jury

by By ANNE M. PETERSON AP Writer and KGW.com Staff

kgw.com
Posted on August 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Updated today at 9:31 AM

PORTLAND, Ore.  -- The father of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman confirmed to KGW that he appeared before the grand jury Monday and could possibly be returning on Tuesday.

Kaine Horman told KGW that he appeared before the grand jury in the Multnomah County Courthouse but he did not elaborate on whether he testified.  He was seen exiting the courthouse with Kyron's mother, Desiree Young and her husband, Tony Young on Tuesday afternoon. However, Kaine did not say whether the other two appeared before the grand jury as well.

(snipped)
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »

I still think it may have been TH on the iVillage Garden site. She's not stupid. I think she would have changed enough facts or added enough fiction to make it seem that it wasn't her.
I wonder if it was her, too.  Likely wasn't, though, but dayum, how harsh is that?
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8338.msg1197707#msg1197707
Logie trail rd I wonder if they had the man Chas go back to verify the exact side st he saw her come out of!
3.0 mi – about 6 mins
Suggested routes

thanks lucky 7, if you look at the map link
the germantown rd where someone thinks dede was working is
on the way from the school to bishop rd

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.