April 26, 2024, 12:21:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #13 8/02/10 - 8/04/10  (Read 244998 times)
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: August 04, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »

An Intel engineer with an analytical mind and awkward social skills, Kaine Horman has been through the unimaginable. First losing his son, then seeking to divorce his wife after learning investigators believe that she allegedly tried to hire someone to kill him. Kaine has said he’s racked with guilt that a person he trusted, Terri Moulton Horman, is possibly involved in his son’s disappearance. What he doesn’t address directly is what he feels about striking up a romance with Terri when his then-wife, Desiree Young, was eight months’ pregnant with Kyron. He does say he and Desiree had already agreed to separate although they were still living together. Nevertheless, the media have portrayed him sympathetically as a tortured father now single-mindedly focused on finding his son. When he’s not being briefed by investigators, consulting with his divorce lawyer, and caring for his 20-month-old daughter, Kiara, he squeezes in time for the media and a few hours of work from home. He also may have found ways of blowing off steam—neighbors report they’ve heard gunfire coming from the property for hours on end.      This is part of the article I just posted. Don't know what to think about this so called gunfire from his property. Would a person hunt on their property this time of year? Know not one thing about hunting, and really would rather not know, but just curious.

I live in a more urban area, so it's probably just me, but I find that to be an odd way to "blow off steam." Huh.

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
amom2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #841 on: August 04, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »

Sorry if this was already posted:

Second Friend to testify before GJ:
http://www.kptv.com/news/24499150/detail.html

Again, the reason for GJ is to bring an indictment. When they are all done with the hearings, and the jury decides - I think we could expect an arrest. It will be in the hands of the GJ to make that decision.
I agree that we will see an arrest come out of this GJ.
What do you think the charge(s) will be? 

One can only wonder.  Is it about the MFH? One would think that, since this friend saw Terri on the day Kyron went missing, that GJ is meeting concerning Kyron being missing. Kidnapping?

Thing is, nothing is brought to the GJ unless investigators feel there is enough to warrant an arrest. Typically they do not want to move ahead and end up with nothing at trial. So whether it is about the MFH or Kyron “disappearing” – investigators must believe they have enough evidence to move forward with an arrest.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: August 04, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »

An Intel engineer with an analytical mind and awkward social skills, Kaine Horman has been through the unimaginable. First losing his son, then seeking to divorce his wife after learning investigators believe that she allegedly tried to hire someone to kill him. Kaine has said he’s racked with guilt that a person he trusted, Terri Moulton Horman, is possibly involved in his son’s disappearance. What he doesn’t address directly is what he feels about striking up a romance with Terri when his then-wife, Desiree Young, was eight months’ pregnant with Kyron. He does say he and Desiree had already agreed to separate although they were still living together. Nevertheless, the media have portrayed him sympathetically as a tortured father now single-mindedly focused on finding his son. When he’s not being briefed by investigators, consulting with his divorce lawyer, and caring for his 20-month-old daughter, Kiara, he squeezes in time for the media and a few hours of work from home. He also may have found ways of blowing off steam—neighbors report they’ve heard gunfire coming from the property for hours on end.      This is part of the article I just posted. Don't know what to think about this so called gunfire from his property. Would a person hunt on their property this time of year? Know not one thing about hunting, and really would rather not know, but just curious.

Mornin NRCG...if article is true I can add some insight to it maybe.  My hubby is an avid gun collector, hunter, outdoorsman, etc..  Not to scare anyone but on more than one occasion he has actually loaded (we lived in woods on 10ac with no neighbors)one or two guns, walk out the back door, go 10ft. and just and just open fire.  I asked why he did that and said he was frustrated and shooting is a release.  I've know him to target practice for same reason too.  No, he's not dangerous nor would I ever be scared of him but it's just the same way people who live in cities have to go to shooting ranges us country folk can just hang out the back door.  OMG images of the Cummings clan popped up in my head so fast. 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: August 04, 2010, 11:20:05 AM »

I find the comment about "gunfire coming from the property for hours on end" somewhat bizarre.  They look like they live rather rurally, so it's not uncommon to hear gunfire - but the "hours on end" thing seems rather odd.  I'd call the police if I heard gunfire for "hours on end".  Seems like an exaggeration to me, but who knows.  You can only fire so many shots before reloading and ammo isn't cheap.  :monkeyshrugging:

I live in the country and hours of gun fire aren't unusual. People before hunting season sighting in rifles, teaching their kids how to shoot or just letting off steam. Most do reloading to the lower the cost.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #844 on: August 04, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »

I live in a more urban area, so it's probably just me, but I find that to be an odd way to "blow off steam." Huh.
I know that is not how I would blow off steam, considering I've never even touched a gun in my life, but maybe people do this?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: August 04, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »

Thank-you melisb and 4 Donks for that info about guns.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: August 04, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »

Thank-you melisb and 4 Donks for that info about guns.
I have a licence to carry concealed and have target practice on my property..all legal

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: August 04, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »

He claims to live in Portland now, yes.  He was born in Klamath Falls:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000437052671&ref=ts
[/quote]

Is this really the guy or could it be his son who has the same name? All of this Tom Jone's posts on FB have words spelled correctly. LOL  Besides, I thought the cousin who was posting was younger and still worked. It seems like I read he was younger than Dede - between her and her brother in age? And he even gave out where he worked as a way to authenticate himself. It was one of his first posts about the case on that Godsomethig website. I didn't bookmark it. I'll try to find it.

IMO
[/quote]

Sorry. I was behind and I see quicker posters than I already asked and answered. Going back to reading!
[/quote]

im prob late, jonesr says at about mid pg
 I live In clackamas Oregon. f*** it, my name is Tom Jones. I'm a mobile auto glass installer, I drive at least a hundred miles a day in the Portland metro area.
I meet at least five different people every day for the last ten years here.
I KNOW PORTLAND.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1141412/pg4

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: August 04, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »

I know that is not how I would blow off steam, considering I've never even touched a gun in my life, but maybe people do this?
I do 
My brother and I set up targets on his farm and can shoot all day.  I love it!  When that's not available I go to an indoor range.
Whodda thunk huh? 

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: August 04, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »

I think it's a guy thing!  Me, now that is a whole 'nother ballgame!!!!  I strap up and hit the stores!  Shopping and food are my weapons of choice!

Monkey Devil!         

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #850 on: August 04, 2010, 11:36:32 AM »

Is this really the guy or could it be his son who has the same name? All of this Tom Jone's posts on FB have words spelled correctly. LOL  Besides, I thought the cousin who was posting was younger and still worked. It seems like I read he was younger than Dede - between her and her brother in age? And he even gave out where he worked as a way to authenticate himself. It was one of his first posts about the case on that Godsomethig website. I didn't bookmark it. I'll try to find it.

IMO
[/quote]

Sorry. I was behind and I see quicker posters than I already asked and answered. Going back to reading!
[/quote]

im prob late, jonesr says at about mid pg
 I live In clackamas Oregon. f*** it, my name is Tom Jones. I'm a mobile auto glass installer, I drive at least a hundred miles a day in the Portland metro area.
I KNOW PORTLAND.
[/quote]

The Cuz said he is four years younger than DDS? and two years older than her brother? Tom should be around 39.
I am so puzzled with his posts.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: August 04, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »

I think it's a guy thing!  Me, now that is a whole 'nother ballgame!!!!  I strap up and hit the stores!  Shopping and food are my weapons of choice!

Monkey Devil!         

That sounds like me 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: August 04, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »

I am assuming that the baby is in daycare while he is out shooting

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: August 04, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »

I am assuming that the baby is in daycare while he is out shooting
  Didn't even think about that.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

http://www.birthdatabase.com/

Look-up for Birthdates, good luck:)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:52 AM »

here is his whole post, the bold, 39-15=24, so his kids are adults?, the FB link
showed younger kids, sorry cant find the FB link
it was not this FB link

Her brothers name is Richard goes by Rick middle name Earl after my/ our grandfather . I'm for real. There is going to be alot of attention paid the the content of the text messages, no one knows anything about Kyron or the world would allready know. I wish I knew. You guys don't quite get how surreal this is for me, my oldest sons name is Kieran, pronounced the same as Kyron. I live In clackamas Oregon. f*** it, my name is Tom Jones. I'm a mobile auto glass installer, I drive at least a hundred miles a day in the Portland metro area.
I KNOW PORTLAND.
I see kyrons picture on the overpasses, in store windows, and in the windows of the cars I'm working on everyday.
I'm a widower too. Fifteen years now.
My wife was killed when our son Kieran was seven months old.
It sucked. But I cannot imagine how Kyrons dad is feeling.
I hear him on the raido talking about how he is getting thing ready for Kyron's return.
Then as if GLP ever helped anyone sleep at night, I got the call from Rick.
We are on pins and needles. The family is banding aroud eachother, we are the Jones s and the Spichers. This is our rough time as a family
we will pull through it, and the pressure is on Dede to stop this and bring peace to many, justice to others, and the beginning of the healing process for Kyrons family.
Sorry bout the rant , please don't close my checking account

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »

I do 
My brother and I set up targets on his farm and can shoot all day.  I love it!  When that's not available I go to an indoor range.
Whodda thunk huh? 

I would like to do this, but my husband is always too tired to go anywhere.  Sad

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »

here is his whole post, the bold, 39-15=24, so his kids are adults?, the FB link
showed younger kids, sorry cant find the FB link
it was not this FB link

Her brothers name is Richard goes by Rick middle name Earl after my/ our grandfather . I'm for real. There is going to be alot of attention paid the the content of the text messages, no one knows anything about Kyron or the world would allready know. I wish I knew. You guys don't quite get how surreal this is for me, my oldest sons name is Kieran, pronounced the same as Kyron. I live In clackamas Oregon. f*** it, my name is Tom Jones. I'm a mobile auto glass installer, I drive at least a hundred miles a day in the Portland metro area.
I KNOW PORTLAND.
I see kyrons picture on the overpasses, in store windows, and in the windows of the cars I'm working on everyday.
I'm a widower too. Fifteen years now.
My wife was killed when our son Kieran was seven months old.
It sucked. But I cannot imagine how Kyrons dad is feeling.
I hear him on the raido talking about how he is getting thing ready for Kyron's return.
Then as if GLP ever helped anyone sleep at night, I got the call from Rick.
We are on pins and needles. The family is banding aroud eachother, we are the Jones s and the Spichers. This is our rough time as a family
we will pull through it, and the pressure is on Dede to stop this and bring peace to many, justice to others, and the beginning of the healing process for Kyrons family.
Sorry bout the rant , please don't close my checking account

He has a "checking account"?  Does GLP offer free checking? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »

Mornin NRCG...if article is true I can add some insight to it maybe.  My hubby is an avid gun collector, hunter, outdoorsman, etc..  Not to scare anyone but on more than one occasion he has actually loaded (we lived in woods on 10ac with no neighbors)one or two guns, walk out the back door, go 10ft. and just and just open fire.  I asked why he did that and said he was frustrated and shooting is a release.  I've know him to target practice for same reason too.  No, he's not dangerous nor would I ever be scared of him but it's just the same way people who live in cities have to go to shooting ranges us country folk can just hang out the back door.  OMG images of the Cummings clan popped up in my head so fast. 

I agree - I live in a rural area and like to shoot - I often go out and target practice when I am stressed or angry - it takes your mind off of whatever is going on.  I am not dangerous or would I ever shoot anyone except in self defense.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »

I find the comment about "gunfire coming from the property for hours on end" somewhat bizarre.  They look like they live rather rurally, so it's not uncommon to hear gunfire - but the "hours on end" thing seems rather odd.  I'd call the police if I heard gunfire for "hours on end".  Seems like an exaggeration to me, but who knows.  You can only fire so many shots before reloading and ammo isn't cheap.  :monkeyshrugging:

I live in the country and hours of gun fire aren't unusual. People before hunting season sighting in rifles, teaching their kids how to shoot or just letting off steam. Most do reloading to the lower the cost.
I grew up very rurally and the sound of gunshots were not uncommon at all.  I guess maybe it is how I interpreting "hours on end".  I just picture hours upon hours of shots being fired. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.