April 25, 2024, 09:35:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #13 8/02/10 - 8/04/10  (Read 244992 times)
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #900 on: August 04, 2010, 03:06:47 PM »

FYI-just listening to scanner and police enroute to man walking with young boy who is described to look like Kyron.  Always keeping my hopes up.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=cwp&ctid=2230
Thanks for the heads up when you hear something! then I listen too Smile

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #901 on: August 04, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »

Here’s the main portion of an email McCain sent:
This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9–the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a “cranberry” color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two–with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.

<snipped>

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08/03/kyron-horman-update-one-tipsters-startling-suspicions-and-frustration/

and the post i made about the painting the car, with scoopy and jonser
seems weird
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8338.msg1197727#msg1197727

Went back and re-read this, cuz there were a couple of things that just seems 'odd' to me about it.  A lot of detail to have noticed while driving, as several of you have mentioned.  All that detail seems unusual for a male to notice, let alone say, IMO.   And the color of the sedan.... "cranberry".   

I put towels in our guest bathroom, cranberry and dusty rose.  Trying to get attention from sons for how lovely it all looked, they peeked in and said... 'yeah??  pink and red towels.'   And another time with a combo of seafoam green and dusty rose.  'ok mom, towels. green and pink. they're just for in here, right?'   

My point of all this, of course, is to say......... Wouldn't a man have just said, 'red sedan'??   Do we believe this 'tip' is for real?  Or that it was even said by a man?  Maybe if true, perhaps embellished a tad, by someone?   

Ok.. hope I haven't offended anyone by being 'sexist' or something.  Just an observation of the males I've known in life. 

Wyks, my husband wouldn't have even said "red sedan," lol - "red car" would suffice for him!

Maybe this guy was being prompted by someone regarding the details...maybe he really did say "red car" during the initial report and was asked "what kind of car was it? SUV? Coupe? Four-door sedan?" - followed up with "was it RED-red, or a dark red, or a pinkish-red?" and the guy said "I dunno, kind of red like a cranberry?"   

For me, the jury is still out on the veracity of this guy. It does seem like an awful lot for someone to notice in such a short period of time. But I suppose I could see a slower-paced sort of person taking their time to cultivate awareness of details. I just don't know why anyone would make this kind of thing up!

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #902 on: August 04, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »

So there was a KYRON HORMAN OPEN DISCUSSION facebook which moved to the "private" forum.  The admin at the private forum got angry because people copied posts of Anita Kissee and pasted them elsewhere including SM.  I was banned from the private forum.

The KYRON HORMAN OPEN DISCUSSION facebook was deleted.  Now there is a new one, KYRON HORMAN CASE DISCUSSION.  In one of their discussion threads they want to know what happened to the forum.  This is what they posted:

"Cindi's KHOD4KYRON site was shut down by ProBoards on Monday. I was happily posting one minute, and cast out the next. Poof, all of everyone's hard work, gone. From Googling, I've seen that she contacted their support board asking where her forum went and got the stock answer that she/we had violated the Terms of Service. Probably, someone from Terri's support group reported KHOD, but that is just speculation. Members have been showing up other places, and there is a rumor that Cindi will be starting up yet again, but that has not been confirmed by Cindi. Glad I found this board, too!"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=141184279244815&topic=197

My comment......KARMA.  I don't know why anyone would want them shut down though 

I never saw the board, I know they went to my site quite often just by the hits list.  That is too sad if true, I will say this I really don't understand a lot of what is going on with bans and not wanting to share others thoughts I find it sad and controlling. 
I have been banned from a board for the first time ever got a very nasty email, accused me of spamming, and insulting others I was just trying to participate.  Oh well....
I have learned my lesson to each their own, and as Dorothy said "Their is no place like home".  Will just keep my behind parked in the cage where I am surronded by friendly monkeys and healthy banter!!
Love You All and so glad I have the cage to brain strom in.....
Now back to Kyron....
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #903 on: August 04, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »

This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. … When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9–the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a “cranberry” color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two–with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.

<snipped>

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/08/03/kyron-horman-update-one-tipsters-startling-suspicions-and-frustration/

seems weird

Went back and re-read this, cuz there were a couple of things that just seems 'odd' to me about it.  A lot of detail to have noticed while driving, as several of you have mentioned.  All that detail seems unusual for a male to notice, let alone say, IMO.   And the color of the sedan.... "cranberry".   

I put towels in our guest bathroom, cranberry and dusty rose.  Trying to get attention from sons for how lovely it all looked, they peeked in and said... 'yeah??  pink and red towels.'   And another time with a combo of seafoam green and dusty rose.  'ok mom, towels. green and pink. they're just for in here, right?'   

My point of all this, of course, is to say......... Wouldn't a man have just said, 'red sedan'??   Do we believe this 'tip' is for real?  Or that it was even said by a man?  Maybe if true, perhaps embellished a tad, by someone?   

Ok.. hope I haven't offended anyone by being 'sexist' or something.  Just an observation of the males I've known in life. 

Good catch, Wyks. It is rare for a male to use specific color terminology unless they use it in their line of work such as interior decorator, etc. I don't think that is sexist at all and most men would be the first to agree with you. Mr. DeWitt saw a lot of details in a short period of time !

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #904 on: August 04, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

FYI-just listening to scanner and police enroute to man walking with young boy who is described to look like Kyron.  Always keeping my hopes up.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=cwp&ctid=2230
Thanks for the heads up when you hear something! then I listen too Smile

Great!  I was thinking maybe we should take shifts!  LOL! It would be great if he was located safely and we Monkeys were the 1st to hear!!  Let me extend a big welcome out to you Lucky7 as I now you're new here!!
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #905 on: August 04, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »

<snipped>

seems weird

Good catch, Wyks. It is rare for a male to use specific color terminology unless they use it in their line of work such as interior decorator, etc. I don't think that is sexist at all and most men would be the first to agree with you. Mr. DeWitt saw a lot of details in a short period of time !
I think at 51 his heart most likely in the right place?  But kind of liken to the man who saw Casey walking into the woods with a baseball cap and I think (correct me if wrong) a shovel?  Anyway he meant well as well, and think he truly believed what he saw. 
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #906 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

d in texas  Smile   I like it here at SM too TY Smile

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:56 PM »

<snipped>

seems weird

Kyron Horman Update: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration (Updated with Comment from MCSO)
10:39 AM August 3rd, 2010 by James Pitkin

News |  Email This Post |

Investigators in the case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman say they’ve sorted through more than 3,500 tips in the nearly two-month investigation.

Here’s an example of one such tip, forwarded today to WW by former Sheriff’s Capt. Bruce McCain. McCain says he’s brought the tip to investigators’ attention and is told they are finally following up on it.

UPDATE: Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, says a detective from an outside agency followed up on the tip “some time ago” and determined it wasn’t relevant to the investigation.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #908 on: August 04, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »

Sebastian.   an angelic monkey

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: August 04, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »

So there was a KYRON HORMAN OPEN DISCUSSION facebook which moved to the "private" forum.  The admin at the private forum got angry because people copied posts of Anita Kissee and pasted them elsewhere including SM.  I was banned from the private forum.

The KYRON HORMAN OPEN DISCUSSION facebook was deleted.  Now there is a new one, KYRON HORMAN CASE DISCUSSION.  In one of their discussion threads they want to know what happened to the forum.  This is what they posted:

"Cindi's KHOD4KYRON site was shut down by ProBoards on Monday. I was happily posting one minute, and cast out the next. Poof, all of everyone's hard work, gone. From Googling, I've seen that she contacted their support board asking where her forum went and got the stock answer that she/we had violated the Terms of Service. Probably, someone from Terri's support group reported KHOD, but that is just speculation. Members have been showing up other places, and there is a rumor that Cindi will be starting up yet again, but that has not been confirmed by Cindi. Glad I found this board, too!"

My comment......KARMA.  I don't know why anyone would want them shut down though 

No explanation???

Janet

With those free forums, if someone complains that you posted something that violates the TOS then you can get shut down.  I believe that's what they said happened, someone complained.
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #910 on: August 04, 2010, 03:31:06 PM »

d in texas  Smile   I like it here at SM too TY Smile
Your welcome....and glad to have you in the cage.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #911 on: August 04, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »

anyway if he widowed 15yrs ago, who are these kids in the pic
does this guy look 39

i think this is it jonesr
http://www.facebook.com/people/Tommy-Jones/1702249525

dad
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000437052671&ref=ts

my post so you dont get lost
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8338.msg1198284#msg1198284

CW, he had a son by his first marriage.  Those are his two children from his second marriage which ended in divorce.  He has custody.

Yeppers, so his oldest is about 15.  Interesting that he got custody of his two from his 2nd marriage.  Seems more and more dads these days are getting custody.  Sure is a change-up from the way it used to be, back in the day.  I've known several dads whose kids would have been far better off placed in their care, instead of their moms. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #912 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »

Did anyone watch Dateline Monday night? It was the story of Scott Cannon from Oregon. LE in Oregon bumbled a case and Cannon spent years in prison. He was recently released and is now suing the powers to be in Oregon. Maybe it sheds some light on why LE is dotting their eyes and crossing their t's before the arrest Terri?

http://salem-news.com/articles/august032010/scott-cannon-tk.php

Sure could be, Sebastian.  That and the fact that the nation's attention has been turned toward Oregon.  They gotta be feeling the pressure over that, I'd think. 

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #913 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »

No explanation???

Janet

With those free forums, if someone complains that you posted something that violates the TOS then you can get shut down.  I believe that's what they said happened, someone complained.
What is that saying be careful what you wish for.... I have seen something really strange occuring on boards, maybe just me but a lot of control freaks wanting focus on them and that isn't what this about, they forget it is about a little boy who is missing.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #914 on: August 04, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »

Wyks, my husband wouldn't have even said "red sedan," lol - "red car" would suffice for him!

Maybe this guy was being prompted by someone regarding the details...maybe he really did say "red car" during the initial report and was asked "what kind of car was it? SUV? Coupe? Four-door sedan?" - followed up with "was it RED-red, or a dark red, or a pinkish-red?" and the guy said "I dunno, kind of red like a cranberry?"   

For me, the jury is still out on the veracity of this guy. It does seem like an awful lot for someone to notice in such a short period of time. But I suppose I could see a slower-paced sort of person taking their time to cultivate awareness of details. I just don't know why anyone would make this kind of thing up!

Good point, mediamama!   

Am betting what you say is true, there may have been a prompting for details.  What could have been a couple of short sentences as 'the tip', may have evolved into several paragraphs full of remembered details.  Guess that doesn't make it untrue.  Didn't think about that, thanks! 

I cannot imagine anyone making stuff up for a tipline.  And then Joy Wray comes to mind.  Eeeeeeeek. 

Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #915 on: August 04, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

I'm going to have to sign off so I won't be able to keep you updated on the scanner updates.  Need to get some things done but will be back later tonight!  Have a good day!
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #916 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »

I'm far too lazy to see if this has been posted already so here it is again...or for the first time..

http://wweek.com/editorial/3639/14358/
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #917 on: August 04, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

RE: Shooting a gun to relieve stress (from the article I posted previously)

I think this might be odd..but I can tell you I had had an old TV in my barn..and after I was robbed I took the next day off and shot it..VERY stress relieving. It's like giving yourself power back.

so I don't begrudge anyone for doing that.
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #918 on: August 04, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »

Did anyone watch Dateline Monday night? It was the story of Scott Cannon from Oregon. LE in Oregon bumbled a case and Cannon spent years in prison. He was recently released and is now suing the powers to be in Oregon. Maybe it sheds some light on why LE is dotting their eyes and crossing their t's before the arrest Terri?

http://salem-news.com/articles/august032010/scott-cannon-tk.php

Sure could be, Sebastian.  That and the fact that the nation's attention has been turned toward Oregon.  They gotta be feeling the pressure over that, I'd think. 

Wyks,
Do you or anyone have links to the supposed human trafficking thing in Portland, that is supposed to be alive and well?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #919 on: August 04, 2010, 04:04:48 PM »

I think at 51 his heart most likely in the right place?  But kind of liken to the man who saw Casey walking into the woods with a baseball cap and I think (correct me if wrong) a shovel?  Anyway he meant well as well, and think he truly believed what he saw. 

Thanks Blumonkey!  I do think it's women who have more of an eye for details, at times.  And I agree with you and d in texas, a lot of details but I do think he believed in what he saw.  Was likely being careful to remember as much as possible, so when prompted later he could expand on those details.  I can see that happening, as mediamama pointed out.  I'm glad for those who report tips/leads, we need for folks to get involved in that way when they see something like that. 

d in texas, good point on that tip from the one who saw Casey heading into the woods.   Wonder how LE determines whether or not these tips are for real or not?  Even in HaLeigh's case, someone called in a tip having seen someone heading into the woods from a parked car.  Didn't read a follow-up on that by LE. 

Blonde, thanks for the link to the update on that article.  Would really like to ask Lt. Lindstrand if LE could elaborate on why they felt the tip was not 'revelant' to the investigation.  They have a different investigation going on that it may have been more revelant to?   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.