May 01, 2024, 04:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #13 8/02/10 - 8/04/10  (Read 245571 times)
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2010, 11:49:01 PM »

Who can do an IP check deal?  Who wants to do one?
send it to me I can get someone to check it for you

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »

Snipped from Tamikosmom's post:  Shannon in Williamsburg, VA  Could this be the person who posted as HopeinVA? 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2010, 11:51:28 PM »

What is WOW?

So, Verity,

Since you are friends with at least Terri, can you give us insight as to why she might have done this?

"Also everybody has said she was obsessed with WOW..that is a lie..Kaine played more WOW than Terri did,she actually didn't play it that often..." your words there. So you have to know them to know this right?
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1141412/pg105

World of Warcraft - a game

A very addictive game, online.  A person serious about this game (and others like it, such as EverQuest), can immerse themselves so much into the gameplaying that they *can* lose much if not all reality of their own lives around them.  Like ... housework, or a pet dog who needs to go outside and go potty, a child who needs lunch/nap/or to get picked up after school, a husband who wants dinner, a wife who wants to spend some time with hubby.  The one immersed in this game just can lose touch with all that, very very easily.  And it can even get worse than that.  Job loss, divorce, etc. etc.  Personal experience with three young adult sons.  Two of whom I've had to practically throw myself in front of the comp and say ENOUGH! 

Ahem.. collects my dignity again.  <grins>  not a great way to spend one's time online, *if* one has an 'addictive personality'.  IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2010, 11:51:40 PM »

I believe if Terri had an addiction to the War of Warcraft ... Kaine would have revealed this problem in his interviews.  Terri was not spared in regard to her mood swings ... irrational behavior ...

Janet

You're probably right but would it come up if he were the one with the problem?
Lemme tell ya, I had some uncharitable thoughts toward my husband when WoW was his world.
I often fantasized about bashing in his monitor with a baseball bat just to get his attention.
There was a whole lotta hurt and anger on my part but I never acted on it because I don't have that in me.
Unless you count the time I bought suction cup darts and shot them at the monitor while he was playing...

grumpychick

I know the situation was not funny but ... you are a hoot.

Seriously ... I am thankful you shared ... you have provided me with personal food for thought.

I am not sure in regards to War of Warcraft but ... I suspect there are some relevent skeletons in regards to Kaine that will emerge in time.

Thanks again.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2010, 11:51:47 PM »

Kiara in that picture looks like she's around 1 year old.

At that point Terri still coyly smiled, she had good skin tone on her face, she looked trim and her hair was beautifully fiery.

Though her eyes look saddened, she looks great.

So, what happened?

This sending James to live with granpa and the murder for hire six months before may have been turning points.

All of a sudden she looks heavy, and old - in about six/seven months.

MOO... New brides/grooms go into marriage with dreams and expectations of happiness which most times don't get realized. It takes a few years for those brides/grooms to realize that their dreams of Utopian marriage bliss were just fantasies, and that married life requires effort and most times those efforts are not rewarded... so that life becomes a day to day struggle just to get trough each single day.

Many can adjust and live with it, many divorce, some live through it but are always unhappy.

Maybe Terri was unhappy and she dreamed of a better living, or more freedom than she had after the baby was born. Maybe she felt unappreciated by her husband, and then divorce was being discussed, along with custody, etc...

All the prospects of finding herself without her daughter, without a home and financial backing may have been a trigger to both, her physical appearance and her murder for hire attempts.

As to how this relates to Kyron, maybe the pressure put on him under the circumstances was getting to him during the last few months before his disappearance, maybe the reason why he whined every time he had to return to his dad and step-mom's?

He knew something bad was brewing, and he didn't like it.

My new question on this is discipline. Who administered it at the Horman's household? How often? How harsh?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »

Looks like I'm the only one, but I think the picture of Terri with the three kids is very nice, think all four of them look good. Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Looks like that photo was taken about a year ago.  All the kids look great and Terri for the most part looks good but her eyes in that photo give me the creeps.  She scares me in that photo. 
Compared to what she looks like now    Whatever happened in the months leading up to Kyron's disappearance sure took a toll on her looks.

Could it be that photos in the months following the betrayal by Kaine ... following what should have been the celebration of her first child ...  would reveal that Desiree's eyes did not shine ... did not reveal joy? 

Janet

The fact that her eyes did not shine like they used to, is quite true.  Especially since Dec 2009.  The reason/s for that is what we don't know and wonder about. 

grumpychick
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »

I believe if Terri had an addiction to the War of Warcraft ... Kaine would have revealed this problem in his interviews.  Terri was not spared in regard to her mood swings ... irrational behavior ...

Janet

You're probably right but would it come up if he were the one with the problem?
Lemme tell ya, I had some uncharitable thoughts toward my husband when WoW was his world.
I often fantasized about bashing in his monitor with a baseball bat just to get his attention.
There was a whole lotta hurt and anger on my part but I never acted on it because I don't have that in me.
Unless you count the time I bought suction cup darts and shot them at the monitor while he was playing...

grumpychick

I know the situation was not funny but ... you are a hoot.

Seriously ... I am thankful you shared ... you have provided me with personal food for thought.

I am not sure in regards to War of Warcraft but ... I suspect there are some relevent skeletons in regards to Kaine that will emerge in time.

Thanks again.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Thank YOU Janet!

I have no reason to believe that Kaine did/does have a problem with WoW but when I heard it mentioned it made me remember that period of time in my life and wonder if it played any part in this situation.

It is the nature of the truth, to struggle to the light.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »

I've been wondering about the WoW thing since I first heard it mentioned that Terri liked to play it.
If either one of them was addicted to WoW it could take a HUGE toll on the relationship.

I know a lot of people don't think it's possible for a person to be addicted to a game & I used to be one of them, until my H completely changed after getting completely sucked into one.

He stopped interacting with the me and the kids. He'd come home from work and play WoW until he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. Weekends/Vacation days were spent playing WoW & if any of us disturbed him he'd practically bite our heads off. He became impatient, intolerant, snide & sometimes downright mean if something took him away from it.

It nearly killed our marriage and the stress took a toll on me.  Everything with the house, yard, schools, kids, pets, you name it, became my responsibility. It was like he wasn't there at all.
It was an incredibly lonely time for me too.  The body of the man I loved was there with me but the inner person seemed to have morphed into a jerk.

We somehow managed to weather that storm, thankfully, but I will never forget how awful that time was.

EXACTLY, grumpy!!!!!!!  And I'm sooooo very sorry this happened with you.  I so hear you, sooooo understand every word.  Unfortunately, all soooooo very true.  So many with experiences just like yours.  Thank goodness you and family made it thru that horrid time.  < hugs > 

I've wondered too, if perhaps Kaine was playing this game, to the detriment of family around him.  Sure could explain, for example, how/why Terri would (if she did) be able to drink herself to sleep every night and Kaine not noticing that.  Someone immersed in the game wouldn't notice if a bomb exploded next to their chair.  It's THAT bad, as to how much a person gets IN the game with life around them ceasing to exist.  Sigh. 

Could be there's our answer as to the changes in Terri, since Dec 2009.  Would love to be find out if Kaine had been playing WOW, when started, what level he might be, etc.  Sure would explain a LOT about their family dynamics. 

Would it justify disappearing Kyron?  Of course not. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: August 03, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »

I've been wondering about the WoW thing since I first heard it mentioned that Terri liked to play it.
If either one of them was addicted to WoW it could take a HUGE toll on the relationship.

I know a lot of people don't think it's possible for a person to be addicted to a game & I used to be one of them, until my H completely changed after getting completely sucked into one.

He stopped interacting with the me and the kids. He'd come home from work and play WoW until he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. Weekends/Vacation days were spent playing WoW & if any of us disturbed him he'd practically bite our heads off. He became impatient, intolerant, snide & sometimes downright mean if something took him away from it.

It nearly killed our marriage and the stress took a toll on me.  Everything with the house, yard, schools, kids, pets, you name it, became my responsibility. It was like he wasn't there at all.
It was an incredibly lonely time for me too.  The body of the man I loved was there with me but the inner person seemed to have morphed into a jerk.

We somehow managed to weather that storm, thankfully, but I will never forget how awful that time was.

EXACTLY, grumpy!!!!!!!  And I'm sooooo very sorry this happened with you.  I so hear you, sooooo understand every word.  Unfortunately, all soooooo very true.  So many with experiences just like yours.  Thank goodness you and family made it thru that horrid time.  < hugs > 

I've wondered too, if perhaps Kaine was playing this game, to the detriment of family around him.  Sure could explain, for example, how/why Terri would (if she did) be able to drink herself to sleep every night and Kaine not noticing that.  Someone immersed in the game wouldn't notice if a bomb exploded next to their chair.  It's THAT bad, as to how much a person gets IN the game with life around them ceasing to exist.  Sigh. 

Could be there's our answer as to the changes in Terri, since Dec 2009.  Would love to be find out if Kaine had been playing WOW, when started, what level he might be, etc.  Sure would explain a LOT about their family dynamics. 

BOTTOM LINE

Good Night Monkeys

Janet
9:10 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grumpychick
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »

Wyks, I'm sorry you had to experience a similar situation with your sons.

It isn't too far a stretch for me to imagine a frustrated (and unstable) wife doing something like this to get her WoW-addicted spouse to "snap out of it".
But it would NEVER justify or excuse harming a child.
NEVER EVER.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2010, 12:15:13 AM »

Remember 'Baby Grace'??  The sweet, precious 2 year old?  Beat to death by her mother and step-father, who met online playing WOW.   During that case, I wrote back n forth with the baby's maternal grandma for a time.  Who told me that she had learned that time after time after time after time, the baby would stand next to mama's chair, crying, wanting some attention, needing mama.  Mama was too busy trying to make her next level in the game, etc.  Rarely if ever even realized that baby was standing next to her crying.  Sigh.  And it gets worse, in them trying to get her to "shut up" so it wouldn't disturb their game-playing.  And the "discipline" that followed and etc.  Poor lil thing. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Riley_Ann_Sawyers

Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »

Remember 'Baby Grace'??  The sweet, precious 2 year old?  Beat to death by her mother and step-father, who met online playing WOW.   During that case, I wrote back n forth with the baby's maternal grandma for a time.  Who told me that she had learned that time after time after time after time, the baby would stand next to mama's chair, crying, wanting some attention, needing mama.  Mama was too busy trying to make her next level in the game, etc.  Rarely if ever even realized that baby was standing next to her crying.  Sigh.  And it gets worse, in them trying to get her to "shut up" so it wouldn't disturb their game-playing.  And the "discipline" that followed and etc.  Poor lil thing. 

That just breaks my heart

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »

OMG is this like a free game or do you pay?  I can't believe it takes over someone, kind of like my nephew and his wii game boy etc games drives my dad CRAZY@@
grumpychick
Scared Monkey

« Reply #373 on: August 03, 2010, 12:22:28 AM »

Utterly heartbreaking.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: August 03, 2010, 12:25:05 AM »

Janet

Sometimes it seems that wives/girlfriends join in playing WOW with their hubbys/boyfriends just to keep the peace, find a way to still be spending time with their loved one.  Often finding out that doesn't work so well.  Sometimes it does tho.  Terri may have played the game a bit, it doesn't grab everyone in the same addictive way.  IF Kaine played the game, IF he were addicted to it, do ya think he'd admit that?   

grumpychick
Scared Monkey

« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2010, 12:25:28 AM »

OMG is this like a free game or do you pay?  I can't believe it takes over someone, kind of like my nephew and his wii game boy etc games drives my dad CRAZY@@

I think (it's been awhile for me) you buy the game and then if you want to play online with other players you pay about $15/month.
It might have changed since my H played.

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:58 AM »

From June 4th I have thought to know why or what might of started this behavior you had to know what was going on the house, something made her change from summer of last year to the end of the year and escalate to now.  Although may never know the why just events, as their is no excuse for the WHY, if guilty she had no right to take Kyron.

I have wondered if Desiree was also wanting full custody and that had TH worried that KH would lose interest in "the family", but then didn't buy that thought. 

It was something in the family dynamic, that may not of even been anyone else doing anything. I hope that they are all giving full disclosure to LE.

And I pray the Kyron is stashed somewhere, but fear that is not going to be the case.

Also O/T rumor is the custodial mother of baby Sylar has been arrested.
grumpychick
Scared Monkey

« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2010, 12:30:51 AM »

Janet

Sometimes it seems that wives/girlfriends join in playing WOW with their hubbys/boyfriends just to keep the peace, find a way to still be spending time with their loved one.  Often finding out that doesn't work so well.  Sometimes it does tho.  Terri may have played the game a bit, it doesn't grab everyone in the same addictive way.  IF Kaine played the game, IF he were addicted to it, do ya think he'd admit that?   

We knew a couple who both played, it was something the wife took up to spend time with her husband.
They didn't spend hours every day doing it, it wasn't their world, it was just something they did together like some couples play cards.

My H has an addictive personality and, once he started, that was it.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2010, 12:31:18 AM »

Have any of you read the forum with DeDe's cousin?  Don't think I would want to participate but will say this they make me laugh, and laugh good for the soul anyway.....
However I come home couldn't take that on a daily basis....

Yeah, I hear D in texas.  It started out well intentioned, I think.  A man participating in a forum that he has been with for some time, feels he has supportive friends in there, etc.  Finds himself with a family member who has just been implicated in a high profile case.  Goes running to who he feels are supportive friends, makes a thread, likely not expecting the fallout that has happened.  You'll see some other GLP members come in there and suggest this thread has lost its usefulness etc.  And it has, IMO.  Didn't start out that way tho.  I feel badly for him.  And yet, he doesn't have to continue with it, the thread can be locked up and them move on back to other things within the forum.  None of which has to do with missing children perse. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »

I had no idea what they were talking about (WOW) until you explained this. I am so glad you guys got passed that. my brother n law is addicted to this game and I pray for him all the time as he is married and has 5 kids.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I will pray for him too.

Prayers for your family from me as well, Lucky7. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.