April 27, 2024, 09:07:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #13 8/02/10 - 8/04/10  (Read 245055 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »

Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/07/29/kyron-horman-case-considering-motives/

I’m sharing this for a couple of reasons.  To show that there ARE stepparents out there who are not mature enough and not emotionally stable enough to be stepparents.  As a stepparent I can tell you that I take issue with anyone who wants to try to cast stepparents – in some blanket stereotypical fashion – as evil people.  I think a person is either bad or good – but not by label.  So there are bad parents (note Teghan’s mother, or Casey Anthony) just like there are bad stepparents.  But I also share this with you because I wonder…could this voice a possible motive behind Terri’s thinking – IF she was, in fact, involved in Kyron’s disappearance?  Read these words carefully and consider that question.

From this thread on “iVillage Garden Web:  The internet’s garden & home community” in the forum “Stepfamily”.  Thread title “Can’t accept my Stepson”.

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/step/msg011826118329.html?60

Approximately 3/4’s of the way down the page a post by “stepmom2kids” posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 18:35:

I hate my step kid too. Its not pleasant to think of your husband with another woman making babies, much less having to care for them yourself as a free babysitter, and all the bull that comes with it. Out in the wild, hippos, lions and various other mammals will kill these offspring. I can’t stand my step kid, and he lives with us Frown
    Anyways, if I didn’t know him I’d say he’s a very sweet kid, that has a speech disorder/learning disorder, and as long as I wouldn’t have to be around him for extended periods of time, I’d like him, or be indifferent. But since he’s my step kid and I’m his main caretaker, I harbor a lot of resentment, that I worry may harm my health carrying all of this secret hate around, or that it will come around band bite me in the ass somehow later on. It is very unnatural having step kids, very unnatural to love them, it goes against nature is how it feels anyway.  I have often wished he’d get out of my life, but we can’t afford to pay child support and I have my own daughter to worry about. If we pay more than we can afford each month, how am I going to take care of my own daughter? That would agonize me much more than gritting my teeth everyday and enduring my stepson’s presence. I too would get up and do the gig if I only had to have him 3weeks out of the year. I used to wish that he would choke to death, and one day at a buffet it actually almost happened, man, did I regret that wish, I cried so much, I felt so sorry for his helpless little face as he chocked for air. I couldn’t have lived with the guilt if he’s dad wouldn’t of been there to save his life. Now I just wish he’d get abducted by aliens or something, Just kidding. He’s okay sometimes, but usually talks like a +++++ behind his years. I think he has some kind of learning disability that makes him very good with numbers, but a social +++++ (in my spiteful opinion). According to the dad he is a genius…Pff.. HAHA! What happened to me, I used to be nice, I still am a very nice person, it was normal for close friends to call me one of the nicest, accepting friends, accepting and befriending anyone for who they were. But being a step mom has brought out the worst in me, and is certainly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like Angelina Jolie in that movie where the police give her a kid that is not hers and he’s calling her “mom”, she throws a pan at the wall and shrieks, “I’m NOT YOUR MOTHER, DON’T CALL ME THAT!!!”. That’s what I want to do when he calls me mom. Instead I shutter inside, and on the outside, I smile sweetly and say, Yes? This is what my life will be from now on because I married a good guy who already had a kid.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: August 03, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »

I’m sharing this for a couple of reasons.  To show that there ARE stepparents out there who are not mature enough and not emotionally stable enough to be stepparents.  As a stepparent I can tell you that I take issue with anyone who wants to try to cast stepparents – in some blanket stereotypical fashion – as evil people.  I think a person is either bad or good – but not by label.  So there are bad parents (note Teghan’s mother, or Casey Anthony) just like there are bad stepparents.  But I also share this with you because I wonder…could this voice a possible motive behind Terri’s thinking – IF she was, in fact, involved in Kyron’s disappearance?  Read these words carefully and consider that question.

From this thread on “iVillage Garden Web:  The internet’s garden & home community” in the forum “Stepfamily”.  Thread title “Can’t accept my Stepson”.

Approximately 3/4’s of the way down the page a post by “stepmom2kids” posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 18:35:

I hate my step kid too. Its not pleasant to think of your husband with another woman making babies, much less having to care for them yourself as a free babysitter, and all the bull that comes with it. Out in the wild, hippos, lions and various other mammals will kill these offspring. I can’t stand my step kid, and he lives with us Frown
    Anyways, if I didn’t know him I’d say he’s a very sweet kid, that has a speech disorder/learning disorder, and as long as I wouldn’t have to be around him for extended periods of time, I’d like him, or be indifferent. But since he’s my step kid and I’m his main caretaker, I harbor a lot of resentment, that I worry may harm my health carrying all of this secret hate around, or that it will come around band bite me in the ass somehow later on. It is very unnatural having step kids, very unnatural to love them, it goes against nature is how it feels anyway.  I have often wished he’d get out of my life, but we can’t afford to pay child support and I have my own daughter to worry about. If we pay more than we can afford each month, how am I going to take care of my own daughter? That would agonize me much more than gritting my teeth everyday and enduring my stepson’s presence. I too would get up and do the gig if I only had to have him 3weeks out of the year. I used to wish that he would choke to death, and one day at a buffet it actually almost happened, man, did I regret that wish, I cried so much, I felt so sorry for his helpless little face as he chocked for air. I couldn’t have lived with the guilt if he’s dad wouldn’t of been there to save his life. Now I just wish he’d get abducted by aliens or something, Just kidding. He’s okay sometimes, but usually talks like a +++++ behind his years. I think he has some kind of learning disability that makes him very good with numbers, but a social +++++ (in my spiteful opinion). According to the dad he is a genius…Pff.. HAHA! What happened to me, I used to be nice, I still am a very nice person, it was normal for close friends to call me one of the nicest, accepting friends, accepting and befriending anyone for who they were. But being a step mom has brought out the worst in me, and is certainly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like Angelina Jolie in that movie where the police give her a kid that is not hers and he’s calling her “mom”, she throws a pan at the wall and shrieks, “I’m NOT YOUR MOTHER, DON’T CALL ME THAT!!!”. That’s what I want to do when he calls me mom. Instead I shutter inside, and on the outside, I smile sweetly and say, Yes? This is what my life will be from now on because I married a good guy who already had a kid.

Oh my! Thanks for sharing. Isn't it very coincidental--a bit much even? The woman is venting on iVillage GARDEN site, and TH claimed to love gardening; she has a stepson and she also has a daughter; wasn't it said that Kyron called her "Mom"?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #443 on: August 03, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »

I saw that too.  Maybe it is because I am relatively new to these boards and haven't closely followed many cases, but I am absolutely dumbstruck when I realize that there are adults - caring for CHILDREN!! - out there who feel that way. The ultimate in self-centered, selfish thinking....disgusting, and is an incredible injustice to those of us stepmoms who love and care for our stepchildren as our own!

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »

I still think it may have been TH on the iVillage Garden site. She's not stupid. I think she would have changed enough facts or added enough fiction to make it seem that it wasn't her.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!  I can't fight back the tears!!!  I want to find this poor child and hold him.  You know he can feel the dishonesty coming from her.  It's hard to hate someone and not give off that vibe.  Children are very sensitive.  I only hope that the 'good' man she married wakes up and kicks her A-- to the curb.  I bet he doesn't treat her child like that.  This woman prolly talks bad about the little boy to her own daughter.  In time this will bite her on her ass I hope.  When her daughter gets mad one day she just may say something to the boy that should never come out and then maybe his dad will see the light.  I only hope TH wasn't feeling this way about Kyron.  I want to believe she really loves him.  These poor children. I could never post something like this because of karma and I couldn't treat a child like that anyway.  Crazy biotch. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: August 03, 2010, 12:18:54 PM »

According to "Sources" ... Terri Horman's motive behind the cell phone issue was to "avoid investigators' scrutiny".

Janet

+++++

Stepmom's friends scrutinized as investigators comb through 3,500 tips in Kyron Horman case
Published: Monday, August 02, 2010, 2:52 PM
Updated: Monday, August 02, 2010, 10:27 PM

Investigators have been focusing on Terri Moulton Horman's close circle of friends after learning that one of them obtained new cell phones for her so she could avoid investigators' scrutiny after becoming the focus of the inquiry into the disappearance of her 7-year-old stepson.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/multnomah_county_shericomb_thr.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lynnie76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #447 on: August 03, 2010, 12:21:42 PM »

I used to be a special ed teacher.  This child sounds like he is autistic.  He could be both "a genius" and a socially inept difficult child to raise.  This stepmom and her husband need-information, support, diagnosis, and behavioral treatment.  If this stepmom could understand this child it could improve the situation.  How sad.

I don't know if I'm placing this right.  Usually just lurk but I can't let this go by.

I saw that too.  Maybe it is because I am relatively new to these boards and haven't closely followed many cases, but I am absolutely dumbstruck when I realize that there are adults - caring for CHILDREN!! - out there who feel that way. The ultimate in self-centered, selfish thinking....disgusting, and is an incredible injustice to those of us stepmoms who love and care for our stepchildren as our own!
[/quote
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: August 03, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »

According to "Sources" ... Terri Horman's motive behind the cell phone issue was to "avoid investigators' scrutiny".

Janet

+++++

Stepmom's friends scrutinized as investigators comb through 3,500 tips in Kyron Horman case
Published: Monday, August 02, 2010, 2:52 PM
Updated: Monday, August 02, 2010, 10:27 PM

Investigators have been focusing on Terri Moulton Horman's close circle of friends after learning that one of them obtained new cell phones for her so she could avoid investigators' scrutiny after becoming the focus of the inquiry into the disappearance of her 7-year-old stepson.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/multnomah_county_shericomb_thr.html

i just dont think TH that stupid, LE would just get the phone co. records again and again
however many times they had to, i think TH just wanted another phone

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: August 03, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »

I wonder if Kyron ever had a choking incident at a restaurant?

The resentment that person feels for this child is palpable and scary.

I agree with poster that said, children know when they are not cared for...how awful for this poor child. 

IMO most step-Moms love the children in their care.  It's so easy to love a child. 
It's crap that it isn't natural to love a child you didn't birth.  Comparing to the laws of the jungle...disgusting, amoral, monstrous.   

I wish this child could be identified.  This is a sure case for child protective services.
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #450 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »

Good morning peeps....

As much as many of us would like to see Terri brought in and made to talk, that isn't possible under the law.  A person doesn't even have to talk to LE at all and certainly not implicate themselves.  We don't have to take lie detector tests if we don't want to and our homes and persons can't be searched unless a judge issues a warrant on probable cause. The Fifth Amendment of the US Constitution prevents our being forced to testify against ourselves in court and out of court you don't have to say a word if you don't want to.

I'm glad the law protects us in this way, but it is frustrating as in this case that there is no legal way to force Terri to divulge what she knows, DeDe as well.  But it prevents us being put on the rack as in medieval times to torture the truth (or not) our of us.

I don't know what kind of person kill a child and/or help secrete the body, but even that kind of person can't be forced to talk. The law protects us all equally.  Well, it is supposed to, but recently I have seen civil cases where Federal judges ignore US law and the Constitution in their rulings.

Our so called Constitution has been so riddled with exceptions and loopholes to protect the criminal minds, that we have to spend millions proving a case now for Goodness sake now, let us not impede the ongoing life of the suspects.  I am still so pizzed about this.  I know what you are trying to say but I wonder how you would feel if this was your child, God forbid.  I'm just sayin............
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »

i thought LE had seached that area early on
on the bing map the road runs out an 2 homes at the end of road
if TH did do something to kyron, prob be close by, a less populated road
http://tinyurl.com/3xuasbo

[quote:Jonesr(OP) 1056623]

Crazy like a fox,
I think Kyron is on bishop road

how long did that trip from school to Bishops road take??

Minutes, less than ten would cover the entire length
[/quote]
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1141412/pg113

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #452 on: August 03, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »

I agree with poster that said, children know when they are not cared for...how awful for this poor child. 

IMO most step-Moms love the children in their care.  It's so easy to love a child. 
It's crap that it isn't natural to love a child you didn't birth.  Comparing to the laws of the jungle...disgusting, amoral, monstrous.   

I wish this child could be identified.  This is a sure case for child protective services.

Okay, you can probably immediately see why I emailed in questions to be submitted to Kaine Horman on this.  A stepmother with a small daughter “putting up with” her stepson and voicing hatred and wishes of him choking to death….kind of set off sirens for me.  So I submitted the following questions (in so many words):

1.  Did Kyron have a speech impediment, but more importantly did Terri ever say SHE thought he had one?

2.  Was there ever an incident in which the family was out at a buffet, Kyron choked, and Kaine had to assist him in order to help him stop choking?

The answer came back “No to both.”

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: August 03, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »

I used to be a special ed teacher.  This child sounds like he is autistic.  He could be both "a genius" and a socially inept difficult child to raise.  This stepmom and her husband need-information, support, diagnosis, and behavioral treatment.  If this stepmom could understand this child it could improve the situation.  How sad.

I don't know if I'm placing this right.  Usually just lurk but I can't let this go by.

[/quote

Hi Lynnie.  We have monkey parents of autistic kids.  Maybe they will weigh in.
Further that youngster might not be able to verbalize his feelings.  I expect they might be ambiguous as he feels the resentment then when she puts on her act in front of her husband, friends and family he would become confused.  How very, very sad for this little child.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: August 03, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »

I've never been a stepmother, but have some ideas about it.  When a woman marries a man or vice versa who has children, it should not come as a big surprise that those children will always be his and you will be a stepmother.  It is likely that a divorce or parent's death was very traumatic for the children and it seems to me it is the duty of all adults who have contact with children, not only step parents, to treat them with respect and love.  A step mother, IMO, has special responsibilities toward her husband's children.  Since she voluntarilly entered the marriage, she should have been prepared to love and care for the child or children as if they were her own.  After all, they are the children of the man she is supposed to love, so how could she not love them?  I know that in many cases the children have resentment toward the stepmother, but the stepmother should do all in her power to help them through this and establish a loving and nurturing relationship.

All of that may be naive, since I have no personal experience with step parenting, but I would hope it's true.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #455 on: August 03, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!  I can't fight back the tears!!!  I want to find this poor child and hold him.  You know he can feel the dishonesty coming from her.  It's hard to hate someone and not give off that vibe.  Children are very sensitive.  I only hope that the 'good' man she married wakes up and kicks her A-- to the curb.  I bet he doesn't treat her child like that.  This woman prolly talks bad about the little boy to her own daughter.  In time this will bite her on her ass I hope.  When her daughter gets mad one day she just may say something to the boy that should never come out and then maybe his dad will see the light.  I only hope TH wasn't feeling this way about Kyron.  I want to believe she really loves him.  These poor children. I could never post something like this because of karma and I couldn't treat a child like that anyway.  Crazy biotch. 

Me too, melis.     Children can sense the feelings coming from their caregivers.  This very likely would be a child who lives to please others, in the hopes of finally, one day, being 'good enough' to be liked, let alone.. loved.  And if they cannot ever seem to please?  Do enough in the 'right way'?  They often become invisible, hang back, hesitant, trying not to rock the boat.  Even while attention is turned toward them, they can 'appear' to be happy, carefree.  Some/most of those smiles are not real, the smiles do not reach their eyes.  For the moment of the pic, perhaps they do feel joy, that finally someone looks their way. 

I see in Kyron an invisible child in the making, at least happy/joyous at moments when the cam is turned in his direction.  The apple of daddy's eye, yet seemingly less and less so, until a lil replacement came along, then not so much at all.  One only need look at the pic albums.  In most pics he's either very much alone, rarely with lil friends, sometimes with his bro, apart from or trailing behind Terri, not joyfully leaping ahead or snuggled up next to her.   Seemingly not 'good enough'... invisible.   And my heart breaks for him.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »

Okay, you can probably immediately see why I emailed in questions to be submitted to Kaine Horman on this.  A stepmother with a small daughter “putting up with” her stepson and voicing hatred and wishes of him choking to death….kind of set off sirens for me.  So I submitted the following questions (in so many words):

1.  Did Kyron have a speech impediment, but more importantly did Terri ever say SHE thought he had one?

2.  Was there ever an incident in which the family was out at a buffet, Kyron choked, and Kaine had to assist him in order to help him stop choking?

I certainly can see why sassifrass, thank you.   an angelic monkey

My heart goes out to this unknown child.   
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: August 03, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »

Upon reading the comments section at Hinkymeter, a poster, Just Me, said it much better than I could about it possibly being TH on the iVillage Garden Web. It explains why Kaine's responses to the questions put to him might not be relevant.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #458 on: August 03, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »

Hi Lynnie76, and welcome!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2010, 12:52:53 PM »

video Kyron speaking at school http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuEgFMWh_So

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.