March 28, 2024, 10:38:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #845 8/29/2010 - 9/12/2010  (Read 240556 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 03:14:56 PM »

Why has this defamation case dragged on for four long years when all it would take is a comparison between the McGraw recording and Skeeters' hard drive to reveal the truth one way or another regarding the "altered" portions.

Janet

____

THE ALTERED PORTIONS?

Feb 6, 2008 5:00 am US/Pacific
Former Holloway Suspects Can Sue Dr. Phil

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/doctor.phil.mcgraw.2.647163.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »

He says! She says! Speculation!  Debate!  It should all be non issues when a comparison of two pieces of hard evidence has the ability to reveal the truth.

Janet

++++++

Tale of the Tape Thursday
December 01, 2005

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN:  We are also curious what the FBI has to say about the content of this interview. I was told by Jamie Skeeters on the phone the other night that he originally "taped" this interview directly to his computer hard drive and that he gave the hard drive to the FBI. Of course this hard drive — the "original" — is what will tell us exactly what was said or not said  — provided it can be adequately enhanced and analyzed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177286,00.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »

<snipped>

Somehow it makes sense to me that the Kalpoes' attorneys would not have filed this defamation lawsuit if it were not a certainty that a professional comparison between Skeeters' hard drive and McGraw's recorded copy would reveal manipulation ... not editing.

<snipped>

Janet

+++++++

JAMIE SKEETERS EXONERATED!

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

Page 14:
  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kalpoedrphil050609awm.pdf

Could it be that the NFI's claims regarding findings encompassing the Jamie/Deepak interview is what motivated the defamation lawsuit.  When the ATA/AHATA and/or the Kalpoes' attorneys considered the Phil McGraw financial  empire ...did the light dawn that an opportunity had presented itself which would allow Aruba to recoup the costs the Island had incurred in regards to the Natalee Holloway case?

Could it be that that ATA/AHATA and/or the Kalpoes' attorneys were deceived by the NFI's claims?

Janet

+++++

THE TRUTH ... WHAT IS IT?

Thursday, December 01, 2005 
By Greta Van Susteren

To begin with, and as you may know, Dr. Phil paid polygrapher Jamie Skeeters to go to Aruba and investigate Natalee Holloway's disappearance. It is Skeeters' trip to Aruba that is at the center of a current dispute in the Natalee Holloway disappearance. ....

Did Deepak admit on the tape to having sex with Natalee or did he deny it? On the "Dr. Phil" show, it was claimed that Deepak admitted on tape to having sex with Natalee. The authorities in Aruba disagree and assert that on the original tape Deepak actually denies, not admits, to having had sex with Natalee.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177286,00.html

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 7:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 2, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet.

However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word “she,” there was a cut. And just after the word “did,” there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.” And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:42 PM »

Why has this defamation case dragged on for four long years when all it would take is a comparison between the McGraw recording and Skeeters' hard drive to reveal the truth one way or another regarding the "altered" portions.

Janet

____

THE ALTERED PORTIONS?

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Janet,
Stop and ask yourself......Why have the Kalpoes not complied with the terms of the discovery part of the
legal process, so that the case can proceed to trial?

The comparision of the tapes would be a part of the trial....not the pre-trial.  JMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_77362.php

Google translation:

Still dark faces Aruba Logo
August 30, 2010, 14:14 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - The campaign for the new logo to promote Aruba adapted. Dark figure now faces between the white and colored people on banners that hang over the island. After the launch of the campaign there was a lot going on protest at the lack of dark people on the campaign posters. This weekend, was suddenly replaced a number of posters for banners with dark Arubans, including the famous cyclist cross Shanayah Howell. The occupants of those posters were already shooting for that campaign. For some reason, they were not initially 'chose' to the banners along the tourist routes to shine. Now why this is the case, the editors could not figure out this morning. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_77351.php

Google translation:

Lawsuit stop construction Ritz-Carlton

August 30, 2010, 13:03 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - Four environmental organizations have brought proceedings against Infrastructure Minister Benny Sevinger (ASF). They want him to suspend the construction permit from the luxurious Ritz Carlton Hotel at Fisherman's Huts. The administrative case was morning, one of the organizations, Fanapa, was declared inadmissible. Friday is the case continued.

Developer must also Desarollos Hotelco appear in the witness stand. This happened this morning, because the court had forgotten the hotel developer - although interested - to call, so Amigoe has learned from an internal source. One of the plaintiffs, Fanapa was inadmissible because the foundation that conservation efforts, first in early and then was too late to appeal against the planning permission. The argument that the building permit to "quietly" was issued on May 25, was not tenable. On the admissibility of the other organizations, Rainbow Warriors, Aruba Aruba BirdLife Conservation and Marine Mammal Foundation, the court has not yet commented. They were also on time with the submission of the request. That happened on June 1 during a visit to the governor in a letter on June 2 at the organizations announced that the appeal was forwarded to Minister Sevinger.

NGOs demand that the minister suspends planning permission until the developer meets all the requirements as stated in the Letter of Intent (LOI) between the government and former MEP Desarollos Hotelco closed. This Agreement of June 12, 2008 is the basis of the lease agreement with the site at the Fisherman's Huts were transferred to the developer. According to the NGOs, the new AVP-Government indicated that the sale was not all conditions were met. There was twice legal advice, the advice of lawyer David Kock Desarollos Hotelco confirmed that not all conditions had been met. The current government did, however, on a dissolution of the agreement because it would possibly lead to a lawsuit and one million claim by the developer.

Participation
The plaintiffs also challenge the so-called Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for which no research has been done. Refers to a case in Bonaire from 2006 (Lar / Sorobon) where the land issue and planning permission was suspended. Although there was then an EIS on the table, but who had no prior public consultation made. Lack of transparency in the entire project at Ritz Carlton for a problem, according to the organizations. That was reinforced by the fact that the then government for not issuing the lease administrative procedure followed - which citizens had the opportunity to participate - but a civil contract entered into. The latter means that people are not formally parties to this proceeding. With the lawsuit still trying to environmental organizations to the Minister a foot in the door to get. The construction of the hotel, they at least be detained until their appeal is decided. It questions the environmental organizations to the Minister for planning permission to withdraw.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_77348.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Fifteen months in jail for pedophile

August 30, 2010, 1:01 p.m. (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - M. pedophile (66) would, if the Public Prosecutor (OM) had lain for at least eighteen months in prison for sexual abuse are addressed by a girl (5). But the court finds that there are mitigating circumstances. The man got fifteen months' imprisonment imposed.

M. is already old, was previously arrested and has not penetrated the girl, the judge ruled. Strafeis of the Prosecutor would not be proportionate to the crime.

The condemned is the godfather of the mother of the girl. He applied regularly to the child. On May 4 this year struck the mother, when she came home, the man and the child in a sexual together. The mouth of the godfather was located near the cross of the bared girl. Examination of Youth and Vice led to the conclusion that the man the girl was often involved in sexual acts. He would have forced it to do so under threat. Showed that includes a statement of the girl and a confirmation of a doctor who examined her body. The doctor found no physical evidence to be able to find the girl the man has penetrated.

The Godfather made contradictory statements about his relationship with the child. The police, he signed a confession, but he subsequently withdrew them. Facing the judge said the man that the police did not have the opportunity to submit its statement to read before signing placed underneath.

The godfather hoped to convince the judge that he is the victim of lies. The child would be bad and the mother raised him in a bad light would like to. The mother had asked him to borrow money, but that request was refused he said the man.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_77349.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Owner Foxy Lady: "Why allow prostitution, but my deal '

August 30, 2010, 1:01 p.m. (GMT -04:00)

SAN NICOLAS - The owner of Foxy Lady, Alex Mathew, resolutely rejects allegations of trafficking. He says just that, certainly in comparison with other 'bars' in San Nicolas, women are better deals. According to him, the Aruban government and the Public Prosecutor (OM) just annoy him.

Mathew was in early August with three others arrested after a major raid on his club, house and other buildings. Earlier he claimed that the OM him 'revenge' continues. In a new letter to the media this morning sent through his lawyer Edwin Field Duijn, Mathew asks himself why he is tackled and not other bareigenaren in San Nicolas. "Although prostitution is prohibited, there are plenty of tents where this is standard practice. Everyone knows that politicians and people of justice regular visitors to these bars. Some things are even owned by policemen. "Mathew also says evidence of this can deliver.

Free will
The club owner also claims that his staff was better than the other bars. "Girls live in small rooms and have no decent place to live. They receive between 100 and 125 florin per day for their work and have everything else yourself. Women at Foxy Lady live together in a large house with their own room with air conditioning. There is also a daily maid who cooks a meal for them. "

The accusation that the women were held Mathew because their passports were seized, he points to the hand. "This is what most bars in San Nicolas done." Moreover, they can go wherever they want, he says. He does not deny that his employees sometimes long hours to make. But again, he points to other cases in San Nicolas. Mathew says that the ladies who work in Foxy Lady, mainly from Europe and that they are there by choice. "The other ladies in bars come from Colombia and, because of terrible personal circumstances, nothing more than prostitution."

Two chances
Mathew is further remarkable that the charges against him comes from one of his former employees. He says that this woman pretends she has fled to Curacao. "The truth is that she flew out with me after she was caught in prostitution." She had one of the rooms for private dances sex with a client and became caught. "She then begged for a second chance. But then when she was caught again, this time on the use of cocaine, she flew completely. Those are the two things I absolutely intolerable, drugs and prostitution. "Mathew is currently still in custody in KIA.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »

I am curious as to who Satish's bride is.
Did he ever finish school ?
What does he do for a living ? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_77343.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

New Judges

August 30, 2010, 12:55 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Judge Albert Beukenhorst is appointed a member of the Common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. In so doing, the State Cabinet approved Friday. The appointment is effective from October 1 this year.

Beukenhorst is currently vice president of the Amsterdam District Court. He was a judge in that court since 1985 and was previously, between 1991 and 1995, members of the Common Court. Moreover, there are now three other judges from the Netherlands to Aruba persuaded the judges to replace whose term had expired. One of these new judges, the new press court Hanneke Mol. They will be called during an installation session in September officially start work as a judge. The court in Curacao is considerably strengthened. Besides Beukenhorst are still five other judges appointed by the judiciary to strengthen it. The installation for this meeting is on September 24 judges in Curaçao scheduled.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

Magnolia

According to John Kelly ... the Kalpoes' attorneys never had any intentions of releasing incriminating documentation relating to the Natalee Holloway case.  I do not believe that the Kalpoes have any intentions of testifying before an American judge.  Their silence is a given.

Four years later ... after many granted extentions ... the judge has failed to throw out the defamation lawsuit.  Why?  Could it be that the Kalpoes' attorneys are legally challenging the request by McGraw's attorneys for case documents?  Could it be they are citing that case document are irrelevent to the lawsuit?

In other words ... the issue is whether of not Phil McGraw manipulated the recording that was received from Jamie Skeeters ... an issue that a professional comparison of the McGraw manipulated/edited recording and ... Skeeters hard drive.

Considering McGraw's attorneys ARE NOT demanding a professional comparison ... I suspect that the McGraw tape WAS deceptively manipulated and ... the defence strategy is to obtain incriminating documents which would affirm that the manipulation did not defame the Kalpoes.

I could be wrong but ... I cannot comprehend another reason why this case has dragged on for four long years.

Janet.

+++++++++

THE ALTERED PORTIONS?

A SWORD AND A SHIELD

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

JOHN KELLY, FAMILY'S ATTORNEY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over, which was sort of, for lack of a better word, arrogant on his part. The court did not necessarily like that.

But I can't see them both using the courts as a sword and then a shield. They can't bring this action, they can't seek damages and not obey the orders of the court and expect their case to go forward.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »

SELF EDIT - MY LAST POST

an issue that a professional comparison of the McGraw manipulated/edited recording and ... Skeeters hard drive.

S/B

an issue that a professional comparison of the McGraw manipulated/edited recording and ... Skeeters hard drive could resolve.

_____

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »

Magnolia

According to John Kelly ... the Kalpoes' attorneys never had any intentions of releasing incriminating documentation relating to the Natalee Holloway case.  I do not believe that the Kalpoes have any intentions of testifying before an American judge.  Their silence is a given.

Four years later ... after many granted extentions ... the judge has failed to throw out the defamation lawsuit.  Why?  Could it be that the Kalpoes' attorneys are legally challenging the request by McGraw's attorneys for case documents?  Could it be they are citing that case document are irrelevent to the lawsuit?

In other words ... the issue is whether of not Phil McGraw manipulated the recording that was received from Jamie Skeeters ... an issue that a professional comparison of the McGraw manipulated/edited recording and ... Skeeters hard drive.

Considering McGraw's attorneys ARE NOT demanding a professional comparison ... I suspect that the McGraw tape WAS deceptively manipulated and ... the defence strategy is to obtain incriminating documents which would affirm that the manipulation did not defame the Kalpoes.

I could be wrong but ... I cannot comprehend another reason why this case has dragged on for four long years.

Janet.

+++++++++

I have no idea why you think that.  I have never seen what Dr. Phil's team has or hasn't done.

When John Kelly stated that about the Kalpoes, they were still suspects.  They have been released.

The judge used the term "edited" in his ruling in favor of Jamie.

Defamation involves a whole lot more than the tape.  You must show worthiness of character to be defamed then you must show how the "defamation" injured you.

Deepak's life "was over" before Phil ever edited the tape.  He was still working after the tape.  The documents will show that K2 were defamed long before Dr. Phil....and rightly so.

This is a case of AHATA trying to exact revenge for the boycott. Everyone thought Phil would settle.  They were wrong.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »

Magnolia

Janet.

+++++++++

I have no idea why you think that.  I have never seen what Dr. Phil's team has or hasn't done.

When John Kelly stated that about the Kalpoes, they were still suspects.  They have been released.

The judge used the term "edited" in his ruling in favor of Jamie.

Defamation involves a whole lot more than the tape.  You must show worthiness of character to be defamed then you must show how the "defamation" injured you.

Deepak's life "was over" before Phil ever edited the tape.  He was still working after the tape.  The documents will show that K2 were defamed long before Dr. Phil....and rightly so.

This is a case of AHATA trying to exact revenge for the boycott. Everyone thought Phil would settle.  They were wrong.

Sorry
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »

and

Magnolia is correct.  These are issues for the TRIAL.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 06:22:32 PM »

Google translation:

Email this article 
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - The campaign for the new logo to promote Aruba adapted. Dark figure now faces between the white and colored people on banners that hang over the island. After the launch of the campaign there was a lot going on protest at the lack of dark people on the campaign posters. This weekend, was suddenly replaced a number of posters for banners with dark Arubans, including the famous cyclist cross Shanayah Howell. The occupants of those posters were already shooting for that campaign. For some reason, they were not initially 'chose' to the banners along the tourist routes to shine. Now why this is the case, the editors could not figure out this morning. 

I like this one better  Monkey Devil!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 06:28:25 PM »

Buckeye ... you could be right.  I hope you are.  However ... I have my doubts.

I feel that the four years of extentions afforded by the judge for the Kalpoes to comply to requests for documentation ... requests to appear in deposition hearings ... implies that attorneys are ... behind the scenes ... presenting legal challenges. 

Janet

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

Janet

____

THE ALTERED PORTIONS?

Janet,
Stop and ask yourself......Why have the Kalpoes not complied with the terms of the discovery part of the
legal process, so that the case can proceed to trial?

The comparision of the tapes would be a part of the trial....not the pre-trial.  JMO

I agree with you, Magnolia.

And the tape is not the only issue of the defamation claims.  There are claims that statements were made live on the Dr. Phil program that maligned the sterling reputation of these two young thugs, including some from Beth.

The tape is but a component of the claim and not a sole issue.  And I suppose one person's idea of altering could be said to be another person's editing but Jamie Skeeters, Red and others have said there was no alteration.  Deepak said "did and" and not "didn't" as he later claimed and only the myserious Aruban version carries.

Remember how hysterical Arleen became when people started calling it the "Aruban version"!  It was hilarious.

Regardless of what the tape says, there will not be a trial without giving the Defense the Discovery as requested.  And in Discovery they can literally ask for any and everything.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »

LOL, Klaas!

Yes, that's the real face of Aruba and the one the whole world needs to see and remember!

I wish the papers would stop caling Joran the Dutchcman and call him the Aruban so people will connect him forever with that flyspeck!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »

Google translation:

Email this article 
Print this article 

I like this one better  Monkey Devil!

ME TOO!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.