March 28, 2024, 09:16:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #845 8/29/2010 - 9/12/2010  (Read 240508 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: September 06, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »

10. johan on September 6th, 2010 3:22 pm

@Frederic Nitz: the Dutch and Peruvians have been in talks about a prisoner exchange program for quite some time.

Expect it to be in place if Joran gets sentenced.
He will never set foot on American soil but will be transported to the Netherlands or Aruba.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/09/06/joran-van-der-sloot-admits-extorting-money-from-holloways-to-get-back-at-them/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: September 06, 2010, 05:27:57 PM »

Posted at RU:

Pronkjewail  PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 am         

There is a (part of the)video of the Joran-interview at this link; http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7566410/__Joran_wilde_familie_Holloway_een_hak_zetten__.html?p=5,1

Joran says that he is treated well in prison. He helps some of the guards with learning english. They come to his cell every 3 days where he helps them with their lessons.

He calls his mom once a week. He understands that she is suffering because of him and feels bad that she is being harrassed again. He doesnt talk to his brothers; they refuse to talk to him. He says that especially the middle brother is probably mad at him.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: September 06, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »

@Frederic Nitz: the Dutch and Peruvians have been in talks about a prisoner exchange program for quite some time.

He will never set foot on American soil but will be transported to the Netherlands or Aruba.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/09/06/joran-van-der-sloot-admits-extorting-money-from-holloways-to-get-back-at-them/

Janet - don't listen to that troll
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »

If Wishes were Horses...

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride,
If turnips were swords I'd have one by my side.
If 'ifs' and hands were pots and pans
There would be no need for tinkers hands!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: September 06, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »

Klaas ... what about the troll who is Joran's attorney?

I thought if the confession was thrown out ... the evidence would stand alone in a trail.

According to Attorney Maximo Alteza ... Joran was not paid for the interview.  Maybe he was "compensated" for photos.  Something akin to the American networks.

Janet

++++++

Dutch paper: Van der Sloot admits extortionBy the CNN Wire Staff
September 6, 2010 4:40 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot admitted in an interview with a Dutch newspaper that he extorted money from the family of Natalee Holloway, but his attorney in a Peruvian murder case suggested Monday that his client's comments may have been mistranslated.

Attorney Maximo Alteza said he is not involved in the case of Holloway, the Alabama teenager who disappeared in Aruba after going out on the town with van der Sloot, and was reluctant to comment on van der Sloot's interview with The Telegraph.

"Maybe there were some mistakes in the translation," he said. Alteza said van der Sloot was not paid for the interview.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family," van der Sloot said from prison in the Dutch interview. "Her parents have been making my life tough for five years."

"When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not?'" he said.

Van der Sloot faces a count of wire fraud and a count of extortion in the United States for allegedly trying to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for the location of her body. He has denied responsibility for her disappearance.

He was arrested twice in Aruba in connection with the Holloway case but has never been charged.

The 22-year-old Dutch citizen is awaiting trial in Lima, Peru, where he stands accused of killing Stephany Flores in a hotel room.

Also Monday, a Peruvian court voted 2-1 to reject van der Sloot's contention that he is being held unlawfully, but the court requires three votes to secure a decision. Alteza said that a fourth jurist will hear the case and cast a vote at a public hearing next week. If that judge votes in favor of van der Sloot, a fifth judge will hear the case to break the tie.

Alteza said that van der Sloot's constitutional rights have been violated and he "could be released because of the mistakes made by the police during the investigation."

"It doesn't matter if he is innocent or guilty," he said

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/06/peru.vandersloot.extortion/?hpt=T2
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:46:10 PM by San » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: September 06, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »

SELF-EDIT - MY LAST POST

along in a trail. s/b alone in a trial.

Fixed it = San
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:47:40 PM by San » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: September 06, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »

Dutch paper: Van der Sloot admits extortionBy the CNN Wire Staff

Also Monday, a Peruvian court voted 2-1 to reject van der Sloot's contention that he is being held unlawfully, but the court requires three votes to secure a decision. Alteza said that a fourth jurist will hear the case and cast a vote at a public hearing next week. If that judge votes in favor of van der Sloot, a fifth judge will hear the case to break the tie.

Alteza said that van der Sloot's constitutional rights have been violated and he "could be released because of the mistakes made by the police during the investigation."

"It doesn't matter if he is innocent or guilty," he said.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »

SELF-EDIT - MY LAST POST

along in a trail. s/b alone in a trial.

Fixed it = San

Thanks

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »

Janet - I don't believe Joran will be released.  If by some chance Joran is released, I suspect there will be people, friends of Stephany's father that will make sure he dies.  It is my opinion that right now Joran is safer in any prison than he is on the outside and I don't think he's very safe in prison. 

The rational world knows that Joran is a murderer.  If they didn't know 5 years ago they know now.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #529 on: September 06, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »

Janet - I don't believe Joran will be released.  If by some chance Joran is released, I suspect there will be people, friends of Stephany's father that will make sure he dies.  It is my opinion that right now Joran is safer in any prison than he is on the outside and I don't think he's very safe in prison. 

The rational world knows that Joran is a murderer.  If they didn't know 5 years ago they know now.

an angelic monkey

One of the most read articles on people magazine!

http://www.people.com/people/0,,,00.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: September 06, 2010, 06:07:31 PM »

It's very fitting that the more media attention the miscreants give Joran,and themselves,the sooner they kill him,and throw feces on themselves...Just sayin

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: September 06, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »

I remember when the extortation charges were first announced, JQK said that Joran first contacted him by
email using the last name "Sanders".  I figured that was  Van der S with the
V changed to an S.

As to the treaty between NL and Peru.  NL has been pushing for that treaty for years and years, and
Peru has rejected all negotiations.  There is no reason to believe that Peru is about to change their
stance...no matter what the dark side says.  Remember Giant Caribbean Crabs!

I am sure that Mr. Flores has ways of silencing the sporter, when the time comes.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: September 06, 2010, 06:36:12 PM »

Klaas

I didn't think Joran and his big mouth would have lasted five years and ... I was wrong.  To avoid possible exposure ... I was positive those in the  Aruba/ Holland administrations ...  those who participated in the cover up agenda that has prevented justice form prevailing for Natalee Holloway ... would have permanently silenced this guy by now.

Janet

++++

Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record' with New Natalee Holloway Story
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: And I will. I mean, you told me, one of the things you told me - this is - and what I want to do is use this with leverage is that (NAME DELETED) was paid off, and another police officer was paid off by your father.

JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: You know something, Greta, though, I don't really want to do this, actually. I don't. This is not actually what we agreed on.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457144,00.html

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #533 on: September 06, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »

I remember when the extortation charges were first announced, JQK said that Joran first contacted him by
email using the last name "Sanders".  I figured that was  Van der S with the
V changed to an S.

As to the treaty between NL and Peru.  NL has been pushing for that treaty for years and years, and
Peru has rejected all negotiations.  There is no reason to believe that Peru is about to change their
stance...no matter what the dark side says.  Remember Giant Caribbean Crabs!

I am sure that Mr. Flores has ways of silencing the sporter, when the time comes.

It will come when we least expect it!If not from Mr. Flores,from someone who'll forever remain nameless I'm sure...Yep,Yep....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #534 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56:24 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-09-06/joran-van-der-sloots-extortion-confession/

Van der Sloot's New Confession

by Barbie Latza Nadeau

September 6, 2010 | 6:07pm

AP Photo Natalee Holloway’s alleged killer has admitted to extorting her parents in return for revealing her body’s location—but is it just his latest plea for attention?

Can anyone really believe anything Joran van der Sloot says? The 22-year-old Dutch man who is awaiting trial for the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in Lima, Peru, has given yet another confession about his involvement in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway. This time, he told the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he attempted to extort $250,000 from Holloway’s mother out of revenge for being so tough on him.  “I wanted to get back at Natalee’s family,” he told De Telegraaf’s John van den Heuvel during a televised interview in Van der Sloot’s prison cell block. “When they offered to pay for the girl’s location, I thought, ‘Why not’?”

This is not, of course, the first confession that van der Sloot has made.

Van der Sloot says he then told Holloway’s mother that her daughter’s body was under the foundation of a house in Oranjestad, Aruba.  The house was being built at the time Holloway disappeared in May 2005 and van der Sloot says his father buried her under the wall forms that had been set in place to pour cement.  Van der Sloot’s father died of cardiac arrest in the spring of 2010, and authorities in Aruba say that building records show that there was no such permit or record that anyone was pouring cement at the address when Holloway disappeared. 

They dismissed the confession to Holloway’s mother as yet another lie.

This is not, of course, the first confession that van der Sloot has made. He was caught on hidden camera in 2007 by Dutch journalist Peter R. De Vries admitting to dumping Holloway’s body at sea after she died on the beach.  He then famously told Fox News Channel’s Greta Van Susteren that he had sold Holloway as a sex slave off the coast of Aruba.  And when he was arrested in Peru last June, he told Peruvian officials that he would finally give up the truth about where to find the young American’s remains – but only if they turned him over to authorities in Aruba.

The latest Holloway confession has little bearing on Van der Sloot’s current dilemma, so he had nothing to lose by admitting the obvious, though it was gratuitously cruel to admit he did it for spite.  With the exception of a young woman who brings him food and his own mother, who was also interviewed by De Telegraaf for the segment, the Dutch man has few obvious supporters.

Still, he is wildly popular.  In August, a photograph emerged of him and three cellblock mates – Columbian hitman Hugo Trujillo Ospina and American William Trickett Smith II, known as the suitcase killer after murdering and dismembering his wife.  The photo of the three notorious foreigner killers, along with an unidentified foreign man, was allegedly sold to local tabloid photographers by prison staff. A formal investigation by Peru’s National Institute of Corrections say they have begun "administrative and disciplinary actions with the goal of establishing responsibility over the acts of official misconduct by employees of the Castro Castro Correctional Institution. They improperly used photographic equipment that was meant for administrative duties."

Van der Sloot is also the subject of an English language Dutch film set for release in 2011.  Me and Mr. Jones is a fictional account of the crime that paints Holloway as a party girl and van der Sloot as a playboy.  The scenes were being filmed in Aruba by director Paul Ruven in May 2010 when Flores was murdered.  On his website, Ruven says he incorporated the Flores story into the script but he has hinted to Dutch media that the film does not end with a resolution of the crime.  He told Radio Netherlands that the film casts an honest light on Aruba.  “It’s this colonial background of favoritism and conflict of interests that allows a young rich Dutchman to do what he likes without being brought to justice,” he said. “Nobody on Aruba wants the truth to come out. It was also never the intention that Joran should end up in prison. That would damage tourism and the economy.”

The same cannot be said for Peru.  When van der Sloot was detained in June, the authorities wasted no time locking him up.  He initially confessed to killing Flores in his hotel room after she found incriminating information on his laptop about the Holloway case.  But shortly after, he steadfastly denied his confession, saying it was coerced and that his court-appointed lawyer was really working for the Peruvians and had actually tricked him into confession. Earlier this summer a Peruvian judge ruled that the confession would be admissible in his murder trial, but his new lawyers are appealing that ruling.

But in his latest confession in the De Telegraaf inteview, van der Sloot admits that he did murder Flores, even saying that the Peru prosecutor will easily convict him.
Truth may be elusive to the young Dutch man, but it is obvious that—unlike in Aruba—this time he understands his fate.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: September 06, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-09-06/joran-van-der-sloots-extortion-confession/

Van der Sloot's New Confession

by Barbie Latza Nadeau

September 6, 2010 | 6:07pm

AP Photo Natalee Holloway’s alleged killer has admitted to extorting her parents in return for revealing her body’s location—but is it just his latest plea for attention?

Can anyone really believe anything Joran van der Sloot says? The 22-year-old Dutch man who is awaiting trial for the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in Lima, Peru, has given yet another confession about his involvement in the 2005 disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway. This time, he told the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he attempted to extort $250,000 from Holloway’s mother out of revenge for being so tough on him.  “I wanted to get back at Natalee’s family,” he told De Telegraaf’s John van den Heuvel during a televised interview in Van der Sloot’s prison cell block. “When they offered to pay for the girl’s location, I thought, ‘Why not’?”

This is not, of course, the first confession that van der Sloot has made.

Van der Sloot says he then told Holloway’s mother that her daughter’s body was under the foundation of a house in Oranjestad, Aruba.  The house was being built at the time Holloway disappeared in May 2005 and van der Sloot says his father buried her under the wall forms that had been set in place to pour cement.  Van der Sloot’s father died of cardiac arrest in the spring of 2010, and authorities in Aruba say that building records show that there was no such permit or record that anyone was pouring cement at the address when Holloway disappeared. 

They dismissed the confession to Holloway’s mother as yet another lie.

This is not, of course, the first confession that van der Sloot has made. He was caught on hidden camera in 2007 by Dutch journalist Peter R. De Vries admitting to dumping Holloway’s body at sea after she died on the beach.  He then famously told Fox News Channel’s Greta Van Susteren that he had sold Holloway as a sex slave off the coast of Aruba.  And when he was arrested in Peru last June, he told Peruvian officials that he would finally give up the truth about where to find the young American’s remains – but only if they turned him over to authorities in Aruba.

The latest Holloway confession has little bearing on Van der Sloot’s current dilemma, so he had nothing to lose by admitting the obvious, though it was gratuitously cruel to admit he did it for spite.  With the exception of a young woman who brings him food and his own mother, who was also interviewed by De Telegraaf for the segment, the Dutch man has few obvious supporters.

Still, he is wildly popular.  In August, a photograph emerged of him and three cellblock mates – Columbian hitman Hugo Trujillo Ospina and American William Trickett Smith II, known as the suitcase killer after murdering and dismembering his wife.  The photo of the three notorious foreigner killers, along with an unidentified foreign man, was allegedly sold to local tabloid photographers by prison staff. A formal investigation by Peru’s National Institute of Corrections say they have begun "administrative and disciplinary actions with the goal of establishing responsibility over the acts of official misconduct by employees of the Castro Castro Correctional Institution. They improperly used photographic equipment that was meant for administrative duties."

Van der Sloot is also the subject of an English language Dutch film set for release in 2011.  Me and Mr. Jones is a fictional account of the crime that paints Holloway as a party girl and van der Sloot as a playboy.  The scenes were being filmed in Aruba by director Paul Ruven in May 2010 when Flores was murdered.  On his website, Ruven says he incorporated the Flores story into the script but he has hinted to Dutch media that the film does not end with a resolution of the crime.  He told Radio Netherlands that the film casts an honest light on Aruba.  “It’s this colonial background of favoritism and conflict of interests that allows a young rich Dutchman to do what he likes without being brought to justice,” he said. “Nobody on Aruba wants the truth to come out. It was also never the intention that Joran should end up in prison. That would damage tourism and the economy.”

The same cannot be said for Peru.  When van der Sloot was detained in June, the authorities wasted no time locking him up.  He initially confessed to killing Flores in his hotel room after she found incriminating information on his laptop about the Holloway case.  But shortly after, he steadfastly denied his confession, saying it was coerced and that his court-appointed lawyer was really working for the Peruvians and had actually tricked him into confession. Earlier this summer a Peruvian judge ruled that the confession would be admissible in his murder trial, but his new lawyers are appealing that ruling.

But in his latest confession in the De Telegraaf inteview, van der Sloot admits that he did murder Flores, even saying that the Peru prosecutor will easily convict him.
Truth may be elusive to the young Dutch man, but it is obvious that—unlike in Aruba—this time he understands his fate.

Could it be that Anita van der Sloot is on the receiving end of the rumored $1,000,000 payment afforded for this interview?

Janet

+++++++

Dutch paper: Van der Sloot admits extortion
By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot admitted in an interview with a Dutch newspaper that he extorted money from the family of Natalee Holloway, but his attorney in a Peruvian murder case suggested Monday that his client's comments may have been mistranslated.

Attorney Maximo Alteza said he is not involved in the case of Holloway, the Alabama teenager who disappeared in Aruba after going out on the town with van der Sloot, and was reluctant to comment on van der Sloot's interview with The Telegraph.

"Maybe there were some mistakes in the translation," he said.  Alteza said van der Sloot was not paid for the interview.

<snipped>

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #536 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: September 06, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »

Joran van der Sloot interviewed in prison
Published on : 6 September 2010 - 2:29pm
By RNW News Desk (still: Ochtendspits/WNL)

Joran van der Sloot no longer denies murdering Peruvian student Stephany Flores. Dutch crime reporter John van den Heuvel interviewed Van der Sloot in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima.

The journalist says that the murder suspect wants to give his account of Ms Flores’ murder in court. In the same interview, he admits extorting money from Natalee Holloway’s family. Joran van der Sloot is the main suspect in the case of the US teenager, who went missing in Aruba five years ago. He says after receiving money for information on the location of Ms Holloway’s body, he pointed out a random spot.

The interview will be broadcast on Dutch commercial television channel RTL on Monday evening.

Video - English Subtitles:
http://www.rnw.nl/english/video/joran-van-der-sloot-interviewed-prison

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: September 06, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »

Joran van der Sloot interviewed in prison
Published on : 6 September 2010 - 2:29pm
By RNW News Desk (still: Ochtendspits/WNL)

Joran van der Sloot no longer denies murdering Peruvian student Stephany Flores. Dutch crime reporter John van den Heuvel interviewed Van der Sloot in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima.

The journalist says that the murder suspect wants to give his account of Ms Flores’ murder in court. In the same interview, he admits extorting money from Natalee Holloway’s family. Joran van der Sloot is the main suspect in the case of the US teenager, who went missing in Aruba five years ago. He says after receiving money for information on the location of Ms Holloway’s body, he pointed out a random spot.

The interview will be broadcast on Dutch commercial television channel RTL on Monday evening.

Video - English Subtitles:
http://www.rnw.nl/english/video/joran-van-der-sloot-interviewed-prison

And on Tuesday, Joran will annoucne from Casto Castro Prison that he lied.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.