March 28, 2024, 04:26:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #845 8/29/2010 - 9/12/2010  (Read 240536 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #760 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:12 AM »

TRUTH AND JUSTICE
FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
SummerMoon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #761 on: September 09, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »

I hope they find her body or better yet HER one of these days! 
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: September 09, 2010, 03:53:25 AM »

Hi and WELCOME SummerMoon.

Janet - I posted something on the Eric Williams thread; try to take a look.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #763 on: September 09, 2010, 04:20:56 AM »

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/109118/joran_van_der_sloot_his

Joran van der Sloot: His Lamest Confession Yet

Posted by Cynthia Dermody on September 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM Comments (3)|
Likes (11)

Degenerate of the decade Joran van der Sloot confesses about as often as most people check their email. His latest show for the cameras makes you want to reach into the picture, grab him by the neck, and strangle the living daylights out of him, just like he did (supposedly) to Stephany Flores, the young woman who was found dead in van der Sloot's hotel room, the crime for which he now sits accused in a Peruvian jail.

Van der Sloot recently sat down with a reporter for the Dutch De Telegraaf in a televised interview in his cell block, reports Radar Online. He refused to talk about his court cases directly, but attempted to come across as sincere and regretful when he talked in vagaries about how "guilty" he felt, and how he promised to tell the judge "the truth" over what happened to Stephany Flores.

But he also gave some new details about Natalee Holloway.

Van der Sloot responded to some general questions about the American teenager, specifically about his recent arrest for extortion of her family over revealing the whereabouts of the girl's body.

“I wanted to get back at Natalee’s family,” the accused 23-year-old murderer said. “When they offered to pay for the girl’s location, I thought, ‘Why not?’”

I must hand this to van der Sloot: He has mastered the art of playing victim. Even with his broken English, the Dutchman manages to choose his words very carefully, coming *thisclose* to confessing something, but then pulling back or phrasing his words in just the right way as to avoid crossing that legal grey line.

But perhaps the most galling part of the interview was the part where van der Sloot asks to receive letters from the American public. Anything to get attention, the lawyer of Natalee Holloway's mother told Meredith Vieira today, "He's a pathological liar. He just can't help it."

I honestly don't know what types of letters Joran expects to receive from Americans. This was interesting. I had to stop and consider what I would say if I were to write van der Sloot in jail. It was actually pretty hard, but I think it would go something like this ...

Dear Joran,

Dude, you blew it big time. You're not a bad looking kid, even with those goofy ears and that haircut, and you've obviously mastered the art of spin so you could have had a nice political career up there in Aruba. Instead you're hanging out with serial killers and hitmen in scuzzy Peruvian jail cells. Are you seriously proud of that?

And what's up with all these confessions? Are you just bored? Is getting people to hate you even more your goal? My advice to you: Stop. Just stop. Confess for real, give these families whose lives you ruined something to find closure, and move on. But we all know you are never going to do that. So please just stop talking. You're boring. And your beard is stupid.

Insincerely,

Me.

What would you say to Joran van der Sloot in a letter?

Comments:

I am starting to think these mini-confessions are just going to keep trickling out until he finally admits he killed Natalie!

MeganVanSchaick , Sep 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM 

i wish he'd confess for real and tell everyone where natalie is so her family can lay her to rest. he deseves to be tried for her murder too.

xavierlogan09 , Sep 7, 2010 at 3:56 PM 

We know he killed Natalie just like he killed girl number 2.  I'm more afraid to find out how many other murders he got away with.   This is just like the O.J. trial.  We know. He know's. Stop giving this guy any more tv time. Show him to his cell and his new boyfriend.

Loreleii23 , Sep 8, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I think we all know he will never confess... it's his Ace. Anita and Paulus raised him to be a hateful, spiteful punk. He will continue to hold it in tighter than the Clown's privates wedged
up in his bum. He enjoys it and he feels it gives him power over others. (confessing about Natalee) Monkey Devil!

Joran is like the impish little douche bag boy on the playground. If the other kids aren't playing with him because they don't like him... then he will go over and hit or taunt them.

Because.... at least if he can get you to hate him... you are still giving him the attention HE CRAVES.

Joran will take it anyway he can get it. He is THAT DESPERATE.

You know how you get to a sleaze bag  like Joran? You ignore the living dookie out of him. You pretend he fell off the Earth. It sucks down and drains off all of his energy.

Eventually, his head will burst into flames.

...and then we can all break out that special bottle of cham-pipple that we have
been saving for the day he is no longer!!!!!

Keep lovin' Natalee and Stefany, Monkeys! an angelic monkey

Love is much stronger than hate... and Joran is proving that for us each day.

His number is almost up.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #764 on: September 09, 2010, 05:54:26 AM »

Justice for Natalee and Stefany.   an angelic monkey

Carpe- I agree.  Love is stronger than hate.  Beth is a fine example of that.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #765 on: September 09, 2010, 06:18:24 AM »

Love the post, Carpe! You're so right on with it!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: September 09, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »

Well said!!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: September 09, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »

I needed to hear that, Carpe.   And you said it so well.  Thanks

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: September 09, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »

Justice for Natalee and Stefany.   an angelic monkey

Carpe- I agree.  Love is stronger than hate.  Beth is a fine example of that.

IT IS NOT EASY!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 219: In each city I have the privilege to speak to several high schools, churches, or law enforcement and civic groups.  This translates to thousands of youths and adults.  Delivering this safety mesage is my triumph over devastation.  If gives me great joy and is tremendously rewarding work.  I think that I can bear the pain of losing Natalee if it means that I can prevent another family from going through our tragic experience.  If even just one young person in tens of thousands is saved, then it's well worth it.

I ask young people to make a conscious decision to stay safe.  They have to make the choice.  And I'm not asking them do anything more than I ask myself.  I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.  And I know it's not easy for young people to think about choosing not to get into a situation in which they can't defend themselves.  But we all have to make hard choices.  Every day.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: September 09, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »

Hi and WELCOME SummerMoon.

Janet - I posted something on the Eric Williams thread; try to take a look.

I did take a boo and ... thanks.  I had forgotten about that Paulus quote.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Agraria
Scared Monkey

« Reply #771 on: September 09, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »

Late getting here today but Good Morning all!

Agraria, pinetucky  and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: September 09, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »

NATALEE HOLLOWAY RESOUCE CENTER (NHRC)

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

+++++++

Her New Life's Work

Talking To Beth Holloway Five Years After Natalee's Disappearance
05/30/10 1:45 pm   |   reporter: Ebony Hall   posted by: Ebony Hall

Mountain Brook, AL - It was a story that made headlines across the globe. The search for missing Mountain Brook teenager Natalee Holloway. The story that dominated the airwaves- also took over Beth Holloway's life. She is Natalee's mother, and five years later, she is still looking for answers and hoping Aruban prosecutors can close this case.

"I'm not sure if there is anything new, but they are processing all the leads and the tips that they have received."

Natalee is now presumed dead, but no one knows how she died or why.

"We've really tried to be so careful and not to speculate as to what happened an just stick with the known facts."

We do know that Natalee was last seen alive with Dutch teen Joran van der Sloot at Carlos n' Charlie's. Over the years, van der Sloot has told many stories of what happened that night. All the while Beth listened to each of these tales hoping to find a thread of truth.

"I think there was one where he said he sold her alive.I think there was another where he said she fell of a balcony in a swamp. I think now it's become so muddy for me that no my journey for justice is not ended."

It's been five years since Natalee disappeared. Legally, her family could now file for a death certificate in Alabama, but they have not thus far since Natalee disappeared abroad.

"We know that Natalee is no longer alive. I know we had talked about that earlier, few years ago,but it is not something that we have done yet."

Over the years, Beth and her family have learned how to deal with the pain of losing Natalee, but it is still an open wound. In March, a Pennsylvania couple thought they may have taken a picture of a body- maybe Natalee's body- on the ocean floor. News like that- always makes the family hopeful.

"You know I got caught up for a just- you get taken in. But as I said, there is a quicker recovery time where I am able to compartmentalize it and focus on what I can do..."

She is now focused on her new life's work which was born out of the death of her daughter.

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Making A Difference

Beth Holloway thought she knew exactly who she was more than five years ago.

"My life was defined with two children, a marriage, job and home. When a tragedy strikes, you lose everything."

During the Memorial Day weekend of 2005, Beth's life changed forever. With Natalee missing, she was now the mother of one- not two. She would later divorce her then husband Jug Twitty. So she was no longer a wife. Her life "definition" changed- and with it so did her life's purpose.

"I received the call that all mothers and fathers dread from the moment their children is born- that my daughter was missing."

So now her mission is to help others. Beth tells the story of Natalee's disappearance to high school and college students round the nation as part of her work with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center,which launches in D.C. on June 8.

"The Natalee Holloway Resource Center is focusing on education and crime prevention, and in the event that a loved one goes missing we have the resources and the contacts to assist the families."

Beth says she had no idea who to contact in Aruba when Natalee went missing. She also knew nothing about the Dutch system of Justice or who was in charge. Out of her frustration a new global security and assistance company was born. It's called Mayday 360.

"When I present to these high school and college students, I could give them the personal safety and travel safety message, but I really felt like I couldn't equip them with a real tangible resource. And I feel with Mayday 360, I can because that is real time, real security assistance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week."

She says her definition of herself continues to evolve, but everything she does now can be traced back five years to Aruba- the place where paradise met tragedy. The place that gave birth to her new life's work and hope that..

"No one will ever experience what I did heading home from a family vacation on Memorial Day."

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0510/741129.html

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: September 09, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »

Multan reporter that "haunted" murder suspect in Honduras

SYDNEY, Australia Netherlands .- A prominent journalist was fined for disobeying a police order to stay away from a suspect wanted in Honduras for the death of a woman.

The journalist Peter de Vries and his colleague Chantal van Schuylenburgh were arrested last month after some policemen said they visited several times a property in the town of Perth in Western Australia province even though the police warned them not so.

De Vries, 53, said she tried to contact a murder suspect Mariska Mast, a Holland who died while vacationing in Honduras in 2008. The Interpol has sought the man as a Honduran court for various crimes.

De Vries has returned to Holland. His lawyer filed a guilty plea on his behalf before the court in Perth. The journalist was fined 200 Australian dollars (U.S. $ 183) and ordered to pay $ 62.50 court costs Australians.

De Vries is journalist best known for Police Affairs in the Netherlands. In 2008 there was a program about the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, which interviewed Joran van der Sloot, the Dutchman who was the last person to see Holloway before his disappearance on May 30, 2005 . AP

http://www.latribuna.hn/web2.0/?p=178910
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: September 09, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »

O/T Chelsea's Law is being signed into law in California today.  Watch live:

http://www.10news.com/video/15013365/index.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: September 09, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Chelsea's Law was a topic of discussion on CNN/Headliner News this morning.

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #776 on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »

The interview with the Dutch reporter on the Today Show this morning:

http://today.msnbc.msm.com/id/26184891/vp/3905569#39055691

Now if that link doesn't work, it is over on the right of the Today Show page.

Thank you Magnolia and texasmom for the links

in the words of Denver Pyle: SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE

one day we'll reveal just what a nob he really is.
count on it!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #777 on: September 09, 2010, 02:01:15 PM »

Did they ever catch the murderer?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #778 on: September 09, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

Late getting here today but Good Morning all!

Agraria, pinetucky  and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. 

dat pinetucky again!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: September 09, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

CHATA = Curacao Hospitality and Tourism Association   

exactly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.