April 24, 2024, 04:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Matters LLC Nap Nanny Portable Baby Recliner Recall  (Read 3019 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 27, 2010, 06:21:14 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/consumer/Baby-recliner-recall-99280684.html
Baby recliner recall
July 26, 2010

About 30,000 portable baby recliners designed to help babies sleep better are being recalled following an infant death.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the Baby Matters LLC Nap Nanny portable baby recliners sold nationwide from January 2009 through this month.

A four month old girl from Royal Oak, Michigan reportedly died in a Nap Nanny that was being used in a crib. That is not the way the product is intended to be used.

However there are 22 other reports of infants, primarily younger than 5 months old hanging or falling out over the side of the Nap Nanny despite most of the infants being placed in the harness.

Parents should not place the Nap Nanny inside a crib, play yard, counter top or other elevated or confined area.

The first generation model of the Nap Nanny does not have "D"-rings in the foam base. The second generation models have "D"-rings and Velcro straps inside the fitted fabric cover.

If you have the model without the D-ring stop using it immediately and call the company at (888) 240-4282 to get an $80 coupon toward the purchase of a new Nap Nanny with free shipping.

Anyone with a second generation Nap Nanny should visit the company's website http://www.napnannyrecall.com/ to obtain new product instructions and warnings. Consumers will also view an important instructional video to help consumers ensure the harness is properly fastened.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »

Thanks, I do not think I have ever seen these before.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.