April 18, 2024, 07:14:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darleen's inappropriate posts in the prayer thread  (Read 9681 times)
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: February 09, 2007, 10:44:17 PM »

Thank you, Nonesuche!  I was so disappointed in SM, and embarrassed, too, when it seemed that no one here was praying for this young paramedic, especially as SM has always been a strong source for prayer for anyone in need.  I didn't like seeing all the other warring boards who came together on behalf of this young man leave SM in the shade.  Thank you for restoring my faith in this membership.  It is especially heartwarming for me that you, of all posters, are the one to restore my faith here.  Once again my tiara is off to you.  I sincerely wish you all the best, Nonesuche.
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 11:57:19 PM »

Klaasend, it is so true that there are millions of people who need prayers each day, and there are certainly many message boards.  However, as a member of this forum, I posted this prayer request here which should put it on the same level as if I'd posted asking for prayer for my family or my friend as so many SM members do--which I believe is the purpose of this thread.  We don't all know the people being prayed for, yet we certainly pray for those who have prayers requested here.  Again, I commend Nonesuche on her humanity.
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:11:25 AM »

You are so right, Nonesuche, and so very appreciated.  All the best to you always.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:25:40 PM »

Quote from: "darleenofalabama"
I was so disappointed in SM, and embarrassed, too, when it seemed that no one here was praying for this young paramedic, especially as SM has always been a strong source for prayer for anyone in need.

And i am embarrassed for you, Darleen, for taking advantage of this tragedy and using it as a platform to bash SM. You took a positive, supporting response to FF's troubles and have turned into a negative.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »

I didn't like seeingall the other warring boards who came together on behalf of this young man leave SM in the shade.

Incorrect. Before you made an issue of *non-response* on SM, it was only TCB, RU and CTV that had threads on this situation. One thing in common with those 3 sites is that FF actually posted there.

Think, Darleen.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »

However, as a member of this forum, I posted this prayer request here which should put it on the same level as if I'd posted asking for prayer for my family or my friend as so many SM members do--which I believe is the purpose of this thread.

Yet you criticised SM for our *non-response* BEFORE you posted the information here. Your motives are clear.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
I was so disappointed in SM, and embarrassed, too, when it seemed that no one here was praying for this young paramedic, especially as SM has always been a strong source for prayer for anyone in need.

And i am embarrassed for you, Darleen, for taking advantage of this tragedy and using it as a platform to bash SM. You took a positive, supporting response to FF's troubles and have turned into a negative.

IGS I have to agree with you!!  I posted in the prayer thread. I..and I am talking about myself.. read there... and not always post..but do keep everyone in my prayers. Sometimes I just do not know what to say... or can't find the right words.
 DOA.. (meaning Darleen)  I would think any sane person prays for medics..firefighters.. police..doctors. nurses... etc who have the lives of others in their hands. God has given those special people the skills to do so.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »

frankly I find this all so distressing that this even occurred, I acknowledged the prayer request genuinely but also knew MANY here would pray just as Leslie said, and then Klaas is bashed as a result? I just struggle with this in that a prayer thread should be the one place there is never controversy and also that Klaas' job isn't an easy one ever.

This community has given so much to our family, in support and prayer and genuine care. I can never thank all of you adequately, there simply aren't enough words to encompass it.

for any part I played in making this situation harder I so regret, but please please can we not fight over obvious tragedies?

I continue to stand with the girl.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »

Darleen,

I don't think the issue is one of us not praying for the paramedic you posted about. Just because we didn't post a response that we were praying for him doesn't mean that we weren't. I think that you have painted yourself into such a corner with so many people with your hateful and/or condescending posts that most people just don't want to respond to your posts. JMHO

Bring Natalee home...
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Darleen,

I don't think the issue is one of us not praying for the paramedic you posted about. Just because we didn't post a response that we were praying for him doesn't mean that we weren't. I think that you have painted yourself into such a corner with so many people with your hateful and/or condescending posts that most people just don't want to respond to your posts. JMHO

B-I - N- G- O
and Bingo was his name OH.... Rolling Eyes

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Darleen,

B-I - N- G- O

I read mishy's post and the word bingo just popped into my head.  Then I read your response Jacqueline and had to laugh - great minds think alike or something like that.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Darleen,

B-I - N- G- O

I read mishy's post and the word bingo just popped into my head.  Then I read your response Jacqueline and had to laugh - great minds think alike or something like that.

Laughing  Wink  Laughing

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 01:36:33 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
frankly I find this all so distressing that this even occurred, I acknowledged the prayer request genuinely but also knew MANY here would pray just as Leslie said, and then Klaas is bashed as a result? I just struggle with this in that a prayer thread should be the one place there is never controversy and also that Klaas' job isn't an easy one ever.

This community has given so much to our family, in support and prayer and genuine care. I can never thank all of you adequately, there simply aren't enough words to encompass it.

for any part I played in making this situation harder I so regret, but please please can we not fight over obvious tragedies?

ITA none. It saddens me as well. The Prayer Request thread should be off limits to controversy.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »

I would like to make that a hard fast rule here... there will be NO controversy in the prayer thread.  It is completely disrespectful to all of us and more importantly to our Heavenly Father when we speak of prayer and fight in the same breath.

TIA for your complete understanding.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I would like to make that a hard fast rule here... there will be NO controversy in the prayer thread.  It is completely disrespectful to all of us and more importantly to our Heavenly Father when we speak of prayer and fight in the same breath.

Excellent!

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 12:31:28 AM »

I agree!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 01:00:27 PM »

Thanks, mrs. red.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »

Thank you, Nonesuche!  I was so disappointed in SM, and embarrassed, too, when it seemed that no one here was praying for this young paramedic, especially as SM has always been a strong source for prayer for anyone in need.  I didn't like seeing all the other warring boards who came together on behalf of this young man leave SM in the shade.  Thank you for restoring my faith in this membership.  It is especially heartwarming for me that you, of all posters, are the one to restore my faith here.  Once again my tiara is off to you.  I sincerely wish you all the best, Nonesuche.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »

Misgivings, your post, your avatar, and you are so funny!! So glad you're back among the booty shakin crowd  Wink

Bring Natalee home...
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »

I'm a little out of sorts tonight, after spending the day paying bills.

I have to ask the Monkeys why Darleen is posting again on the forum. I know Red doesn't like to ban anyone so she is not banned and she can come over and post. However, I don't understand why she would want to post, considering that many Monkeys have told her to go away. What kind of person tries to wiggle back into where she is not wanted? The point at which I changed my opinion about Darleen was when she wrote that Nonesuche didn't have a husband and was making up the story to get attention. Isn't that statement enough to estrange all of us from her? Why are you Monkeys still responding to her posts?  I know Nonesuche had a husband.

If someone has an inside scoop as to why she should continue to be a Monkey, please let me know. Otherwise, Darleen, please leave us alone.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.