May 01, 2024, 01:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432231 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1020 on: August 14, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »

Green Eyes what is the kitties name? I love the way she is sprawled on the trash bin. 

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer you NRCG  The kids named her sweetcheeks (SC) She sleeps like that on everything, even on the floor. I guess trying to keep her tunny cool.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1021 on: August 14, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »

Green Eyes what is the kitties name? I love the way she is sprawled on the trash bin. 

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer you NRCG  The kids named her sweetcheeks (SC) She sleeps like that on everything, even on the floor. I guess trying to keep her tunny cool.
What a cute name, she looks so peaceful laying there, how funny.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1022 on: August 14, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »

4 Donks wrote:One of the reasons I think Burqas should be outlawed is that you have no idea who is wearing it. It could be a man armed with a bomb or assault weapon. Whether Obama accepts the facts or not "there is a terrorist threat" in this country.

I thought that they were trying to ban the burqas in Europe/ France. They need to do that here also. Didn't O admin. try and get rid of the word terrorist? They have said so many stupid things I forget.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: August 14, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »

4 Donks wrote:One of the reasons I think Burqas should be outlawed is that you have no idea who is wearing it. It could be a man armed with a bomb or assault weapon. Whether Obama accepts the facts or not "there is a terrorist threat" in this country.

I thought that they were trying to ban the burqas in Europe/ France. They need to do that here also. Didn't O admin. try and get rid of the word terrorist? They have said so many stupid things I forget.

I could be wrong, I usually am, but could have sworn a couple weeks back burqas have been banned in France.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1024 on: August 14, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »

I could be wrong, I usually am, but could have sworn a couple weeks back burqas have been banned in France.
First France banned headscarves in school( separation of church and state) then they banned burqas because their constitution has equality of the sexes and it is demeaning and sexist to have women treated that way.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1025 on: August 14, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »

First France banned headscarves in school( separation of church and state) then they banned burqas because their constitution has equality of the sexes and it is demeaning and sexist to have women treated that way.
Thank-you, I knew that I read it somewhere.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1026 on: August 14, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »

Thank you 4 Donks. So why can't they do that here.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1027 on: August 14, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »

So I wonder how Northern Rose is doing? Isn't today the big half Birthday party for her daughter? She is a brave mom

Hope JSM is having fun with her friend. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1028 on: August 14, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »

So I wonder how Northern Rose is doing? Isn't today the big half Birthday party for her daughter? She is a brave mom

I'll bet Northern and kids and JSM are all having fun    Me, on the other hand has been cleaning kitchen cabinets for half the day, that is not fun 
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1029 on: August 14, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »

I was in England a couple of years ago.  I was sitting on a bench in Kensington Park when a walking bottle came toward me.  It was some idiot in a burqa.  It was comical.  I started laughing and I couldn't stop.  Since that time England has enacted a law that you can't do or say anything about the Islamic religion which might indicate prejudice.  I guess I would have gone to jail.  The women *I guess they're women, who knows?) are even working in that garb as cashiers in grocery stores. It is absolutely ridiculous.  English people told me that they no longer live in the West End.  At night it is left to the Moslems. I stayed in a charming old hotel overlooking Gloucester Road.  It was true.  At night, it looked like Halloween.  I hardly ever ventured out at night.  I ate in the hotel or the Millenium which was attached to Bailey's Hotel where I stayed.  Actually, Bailey's is a part of the Millenium.

That was the last time I went to London.  I mean it really was the last time.
It's too bad because I've always loved England.  Not any more.  It is Londonstan now.

This same thing has happened in drctions of a number of cities here in the US.  American women are harrassed if they don't wear that idiotic garb so they wear it in order not to be harrassed.  We need to cut off immigration from any Middle Eastern country.

And it is true that official US document cannot use certain terms such as terrorist.  Others are Islamist, Radical Islam, Muslim.  Any word which indicates that terrorists are Muslims is forbidden.  It is not Scandinavians who  blew up NY.  It's Moslems.  There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.  If they follow the Koran, it being a radical, violent, bloodthirsty book, they are terrorists.  It's required.  It isn't possible to be a Muslim and not believe that Jihad is a duty.  Ergo, terrorists.

Next, they'll be demanding that they be allowed to sacrifice animals in the streets.  They cut the animals' throats on a sort of altar and let the blood run down the street. They do it at the end of Ramadan, which began at the White House last night and will last for 30 days.  Maybe our Muslim President will let them sacrifice animals on the White House lawn.  Nothing would suprise me.

I have a bumper sticker which says, "Don't blame me.  I voted for the American."

I signed in after I came in tonight.  That's the end of my rant.  Good night guys.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1030 on: August 15, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »

Tie dyeing went well
swimming went well
pizzas turned out great
cake was a hit
boys left and the girls and I went down to the lake
They each caught a crawfish and called their parents to see if they could bring them home. I have buckets with crawfish in them on the back deck
Just got back from a slurpee run
Girls now playing rockband in basement
I am up up stairs with my laptop
We are having a power failure one way or the other at 1:00am  Monkey Devil!
Girls are all sleeping over

I am tired
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1031 on: August 15, 2010, 01:44:06 AM »

Northern Rose  Wow what a day. It sounds like everyone is having and had a good time. I bet you are tried. You are not only a brave mom but a wonderful one too. an angelic monkey

I love the power failure at one. That sounds like a plan to me.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1032 on: August 15, 2010, 01:52:43 AM »

JSM if you read today I just wanted to so Good Luck at your skating competition today. I know you will do a wonderful job. Are we going to get to see pictures?  Hope you are having a great time. Have missed you in the cage. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1033 on: August 15, 2010, 05:58:48 AM »

I noticed even here in Texas that some of the trees are loosing their color. Don't know what kind of trees they are. Our oaks are still green. 
Yippee hubs is installing center island. It's in the house now he has to get it in the kitchen and secure it down.
That will be so nice for you 

Yes it will. I will have a place for all those over sized pots and pans.

Hahaha, Muffy McBee!

Green Eyes, you will see how fast that space fills up and you need more.  The space in your kitchen is always less than the stuff you have in it.  I think I learned it in math class.

kitchen stuff > kitchen space

At least that is how it worked when I put my island in (myself    ).

Green Eyes, remember how you missed your babies when they were in California?  Try to think about that when they are making noise,  (It is hard, isn't it?).

Mission, I think 1 child is harder than 2.  You are their everything.

JSM, I hope you are feeling relaxed and get lots of hugs and smooches (no, not from Josef).  I would like an invitation to the wedding, please!

Trimm, I am sorry about those darn Hockers (my new name).  I wish I could come down there and help you stand your ground.  Not that you aren't doing a great job.  You are better than I would be, but another person always helps.  I hope everything works out with your husband.  I have been there, too.  It is unnerving.

I tried to find out what property line thing you were talking about, I have been reading, but missed the beginning, I tried searching, but you have tons of posts, you are one very busy pixie!  When we had a problem with the fence around my property that was put up 2 families before me, the rule was, if it was that way for 20 years, that was how it stays.  The only problem may come in if I ever took my fence down. 

The end result, because I had already had it surveyed, they were wrong about where they thought the property line ended and only one fence post was a couple of feet off.  They were trying to tell me my whole fence was 20 feet over too far.  He was wrong, caused me unbelievable grief, said things about me that were absolutely untrue--his office staff backed me up.  After much aggravation and lots of tears, they took the handyman's word for it (he had been on their committee, so he got the bully's ear, thank God!) and he (it was actually one guy) never apologized.   

This went on for some time and they kept sending me fines to try to force me to move it.  I kept telling them if I moved that fence, it would be in my kitchen, but the bully would not listen.  He was a nasty bully, too.  I think it was a woman thing on top of everything.  He was nasty to any of the office people that agreed with me that I was at meetings there about this (I showed him a signed paper from the board member, he didn't believe it!)  It was a horrible time, I can still remember it as if it were yesterday.  He still continues to come around and find little things and threaten to send me fines if I don't fix it.  The outside of my house is in great shape, the things are stupid and no one else, because I have asked, gets them, even when there is something wrong.

Northern, I want to crash your party, really badly.  Then I want to stay for a month or so.  You are such a great Mom and Party Hostess Extraordinaire! 

No Rose, I have IBS, too.  While I was working at the hospital, I was talking to a friend in another department on the phone.  It was business, and I just mentioned my IBS acting up.  A doctor overheard her and said, who has IBS, she said Bearly, do you know something that helps?  He said yes, bend over and pray.  There you have it, right from the ICU doctor's mouth.  I use Probiotics and it help a lot.  My Mom also had IBS and it went away during the heavy chemo she had to take when they found out she got Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion.  Sometimes they say it is from a bacteria, the chemo must have killed it.  I don't want to have that or need it for that matter.

I have not forgotten you here.  I try to read every day or so, even if you don't see me, I am here.  I am always afraid I am going to leave someone out when I post.  I don't mean to.  I do listen to what all of you have to say, no one
excluded.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:18 AM »

I have been reading up on microwave tie dying and maybe not such a good idea.  You have to wrap, seal and double wrap the item and the die to make sure no particles escape during the nuking session and then wash out the microwave really well and then put raw slices of potatoes in there and nuking them to absorb any particles "in case" then did get out of the double wrapped and sealed mess.

Just sounds too complicated and unsafe to actually put real food in there after.   So I am sticking with my squirt bottles, rubber bands, butchers string and forks and do it the old style way then hang the shirts on the line after we rinse them. 

I went through a period where I drank a Danactive every day which did make a difference and kept the plumbing moving.  Not tried Activia but I know not all cultures are the same so you do need to read which active cultures are in the yogurt and what they do.

I will take pictures of the shirts when the kids are done.  Got a whole bunch of mens Tee's at Walmart last night (packages of 3 for $5.00).  Then I stocked up on loose leaf paper as they had their packages of 200 for 25 cents each.  I paid over a  dollar for the same at Staples a few days ago so taking them back.  The kids have enough binder paper for a few years now.  Not sure if they priced them wrong but the cashier did  not blink and there was no limit on them. 

You are are welcome for left over pizza and to do your own shirts on Saturday if the jet gets gassed up.

Northern,
Kai and her best friend made a ton of tie dye shirts for a street fair to sell
they used a dishpan and fabric dye, I don't recall the brand, I do not believe it was Rit.
They did use rubber bands to make the big bold colors stick within the shirts - Then they used the dishpan.
the Dishpan:
http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091319

They took the shirts from child size to adult size laid them individually in the dish pan - and used Marbles. They put marbles in plastic cups filled with the dye, tossed in the marbles dipped in many colors - coordinating with the rubber band color already set ..and rocked the dish pan - where ever the marbles hit, they made marks on the shirts. They turned out very unique. Looked awesome after they dried and were finished. Time consuming yes. Omg they were 11 yrs old and made over 100 shirts to sell - just the two girls Smile
I am so glad to see you back 

Deenie, that is awesome.  Do you have any pictures around of the shirts?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1035 on: August 15, 2010, 06:05:46 AM »

Trimm how did you do during the storms? In this county trees are down, 2 houses struck by lightning burned to the ground and lots of car accidents.Lots of damage to some chicken houses but they say no twisters but straight line winds of 60 mph. Hope you guys are safe an angelic monkey

Holy smokes, 4D, I hope you are safe.  Those poor animals!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1036 on: August 15, 2010, 06:16:56 AM »

There is just so much bad news on the site below, that I'll just post the URL and you can read it if you are concerned about the future of this country. 
Get out your burqas, girls, it won't be long.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/08/trying-to-get-the-ground-zero-mega-mosque-moved-governor-paterson-offers-to-make-islam-new-yorks-sta.html
I'll die first    I see a good number of women around here wearing burqas    I didn't even know what the get up was until I asked someone.
My Tinkerbell arse ain't wearing no burqa......EVER. PERIOD. 
Thanks for the link.   

One of the reasons I think Burqas should be outlawed is that you have no idea who is wearing it. It could be a man armed with a bomb or assault weapon. Whether Obama accepts the facts or not "there is a terrorist threat" in this country.

In the bank where I worked we were told to look out for anyone wearing a mask or face covering (this was pre 9/11) and to be especially vigilant around Halloween.  I don't know how they would feel safe with anyone coming in covered up.  Even a nun, you can see their hands and face.  Now most of them do not wear habits, anyway. 

There will be a law, after a disaster, which is inevitable.  It may even involve the president or his family, which would be terrible.  Now we have to think safety, first.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: August 15, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »

JSM if you read today I just wanted to so Good Luck at your skating competition today. I know you will do a wonderful job. Are we going to get to see pictures?  Hope you are having a great time. Have missed you in the cage. 

Good luck, JSM!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: August 15, 2010, 07:04:59 AM »

From working in a city hospital, I see how fast someone can get stabbed with a concealed weapon.  A couple walks down he street, next thing the woman is in the ER screaming while we were fighting to save someone's life.  It happens so fast, she never even saw the knife and wondered why he fell over.  It is not an unusual weekend occurrence. 

I have never met anyone in a burqa that I was even remotely afraid of.  They usually have children with them and rarely have their face covered.  That said, anyone could put one on, they do not have to be Muslim, to conceal a weapon, or anything else. 

In schools around here, kids aren't allowed to even have the hoods from hoodies on in school because it covers their faces.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: August 15, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »

Have you all seen Tommy Croslin's mugshot? 

No Rose, where is it?  I can't find it.  TIA!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.