April 30, 2024, 10:40:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 432185 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1780 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »

Okay, there is a Q/A thing on getting a marriage license in the state of Florida. One question that stood out to me  reminded me of the Croslin/Cummings clan.... here it is.........

Q. Can I legally marry my nephew?   
A. No.  Although the marriage license application does not specifically ask about possible relationship of the parties, Florida law prohibits close blood relations from legally marrying.  These include such relationships as parent-child; brother-sister, uncle-niece, aunt-nephew.  The nearest degree of relations who may legally marry in the state of Florida is first cousins.

WTH kind of question is that? It must be asked many times to be on the Question/Answer form. 
I don't know what to say 
I got married in Fl and I remember them asking our birthdates and me trying to count backwards to figure out how old Paul was and could see him doing the same with me LOL Next they asked each of us if we had been married before..once again I was avidly interested in the answer LOL Next the lady looked at us and said and you two are marrying each other. These things had never come up between us, I assumed if there was something in his past he'd have mentioned it and ages didn't mean that much to me. We were married 34 yrs when he died.
  an angelic monkey 34 years. How wonderful. I am sure you miss him dearly. I love that part about avidly interested in the answer about other marriages. They have all kinds of questions now, but at least if you are not a Florida resident, you don't have to wait 3 days before getting the license. Also funny, I still think I am older than I really am, then realize I am not that old yet. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1781 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »

Rant comin on

Ronald Cumming pled guilty this morning ......big happy smiling face at his court appearance.

Did he get a deal because he will testify against other drug dealer or suppliers  NO

He got it because if anyone is charged in HaLeighs case he will testify.  He used his dead child to reduce his sentence. 

4 Donks What a A hole.  I don't see them doing any thing to any one.  They have all the dips in jail and they still can't find sweet Haleigh.

One charge has a mandatory 3 ys and 2 mandatory 10 yrs. He's the only one that once again comes out smelling like a rose

OOPS! Got in your box!

I am sure Miz Nancy will be happy! 
  Miz Nancy is probably funding his commisary account right about now.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1782 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:51 PM »

Okay, there is a Q/A thing on getting a marriage license in the state of Florida. One question that stood out to me  reminded me of the Croslin/Cummings clan.... here it is.........

A. No.  Although the marriage license application does not specifically ask about possible relationship of the parties, Florida law prohibits close blood relations from legally marrying.  These include such relationships as parent-child; brother-sister, uncle-niece, aunt-nephew.  The nearest degree of relations who may legally marry in the state of Florida is first cousins.

WTH kind of question is that? It must be asked many times to be on the Question/Answer form. 
I don't know what to say 
I got married in Fl and I remember them asking our birthdates and me trying to count backwards to figure out how old Paul was and could see him doing the same with me LOL Next they asked each of us if we had been married before..once again I was avidly interested in the answer LOL Next the lady looked at us and said and you two are marrying each other. These things had never come up between us, I assumed if there was something in his past he'd have mentioned it and ages didn't mean that much to me. We were married 34 yrs when he died.
an angelic monkey  Why would the woman ask if you two were marrying each other? What in the world did she think the two of you were there for?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1783 on: August 20, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »

my hubs and I got married in Key West..we had our dog with us, cause you can take your dog with you almost anywhere down there...He had to be left in the car though and he was out there barking his fool head off the whole time we were in there..! they had to go through the whole spiel..we said, can't we just sign the papers and leave? nope..;had to go through the whole ceremony thingy! totally unromantic but we just wanted something simple since we had eloped..told our kids and after the dirty deed was done! I don't remember if we were asked any questions about marrying cousins and all that stuff...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: August 20, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »

my hubs and I got married in Key West..we had our dog with us, cause you can take your dog with you almost anywhere down there...He had to be left in the car though and he was out there barking his fool head off the whole time we were in there..! they had to go through the whole spiel..we said, can't we just sign the papers and leave? nope..;had to go through the whole ceremony thingy! totally unromantic but we just wanted something simple since we had eloped..told our kids and after the dirty deed was done! I don't remember if we were asked any questions about marrying cousins and all that stuff...
  I can't believe those questions are asked 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1785 on: August 20, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »

I don't know what to say 
an angelic monkey  Why would the woman ask if you two were marrying each other? What in the world did she think the two of you were there for?
I think she thought we should be aware of these things if we were getting married. Apparently didn't think we were prepared but I've had friends who lived together for several years, got married and immediately divorced. You really don't know someone till you marry them.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: August 20, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »

Nite monkeys. Going to go to bed. Have a horrible headache. Hope y'all have a great evening. Taking some advil and going to watch EastEnders. Some how my coaches friend has a way to get it live. Gotta figure out how to get him to burn it to DVD for me.

Night monkeys.  an angelic monkey
Take care of your headache  does it hurt more when you lay your head on the pillow? My does    Try and have a good night  an angelic monkey

That happens to me too, NR.  I wonder if it is because those headaches start in the neck and not the head.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: August 20, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »

4 Donks..he was very patient and he hardly ever complains but I can see it in his eyes when he doesn't feel well..he went back and forth to the dentist and the doctor and neither could find anything..the periodontist had a fancy prancy x-ray gadget that can literally do like a 3D of your teeth..that is how he found it..wish hubs would have done this sooooooo long ago..I was ready to pack his butt off to Mayo clinic to see what the heck was wrong with him...hopefully we are on the road to recovery now...

Pain sure does cause people to act in ways they never would, it is really wearing.  I hope he is on the mend now for all of your sakes!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1788 on: August 20, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »

Nite monkeys. Going to go to bed. Have a horrible headache. Hope y'all have a great evening. Taking some advil and going to watch EastEnders. Some how my coaches friend has a way to get it live. Gotta figure out how to get him to burn it to DVD for me.

Take care of your headache  does it hurt more when you lay your head on the pillow? My does    Try and have a good night  an angelic monkey

That happens to me too, NR.  I wonder if it is because those headaches start in the neck and not the head.

That could be, and even though I use two pillows and one is firmer then the other, it sometimes feels like my head is on a brick when my head hurts like that. Have bought fancy pillows that are shaped strange to support the neck, but sure didn't see much to them, except they cost a lot more money.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: August 20, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »

So true 4 Donks, you don't know a person until you marry them.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1790 on: August 20, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »

Paul and I were applying for our licence after kowing each other for 2 wks. At that time there was a 7 day waiting period and then we got married. My parents were very upset so 3 mos later we had a formal church wedding.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1791 on: August 20, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »

Paul and I were applying for our licence after kowing each other for 2 wks. At that time there was a 7 day waiting period and then we got married. My parents were very upset so 3 mos later we had a formal church wedding.
kowing=Knowing

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: August 20, 2010, 09:31:38 PM »

Well obviously you both knew it was right  an angelic monkey Though I would imagine your parents were upset, and a formal church wedding was very nice. And then you have some people that know each other for a long time, get married and then divorced.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1793 on: August 20, 2010, 09:47:49 PM »

Well obviously you both knew it was right  an angelic monkey Though I would imagine your parents were upset, and a formal church wedding was very nice. And then you have some people that know each other for a long time, get married and then divorced.
I'm not recommending this to anyone else but it worked for us. You really don't know someone till you're married to them.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »

See you monkeys in a bit.Off to the hardware store. 

Muffy,if you come through here.....  I hope Nut is o.k........I miss Nut.Haven't had    or this   done to us in a while.   

I heard from Nut earlier this week and she said she's been really busy and she's doing well.  She's been doing some posting over in the Crime and MP threads when she gets time.   I hope Nut gets back here and helps with the moderating soon.  There's only one Nut44x4 and no one does    or this    like Nut.  (IMHO)     I'll be sure to let Nut know you were asking about her and that you miss her. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1795 on: August 20, 2010, 11:27:13 PM »

Tevye's FB "I made it!" post!  ‎"Home...home again...I like to be here when I can"

Best way to cross the Mackinack (could be spelled incorrectly) Bridge during a high wind
alert- get behind a travel trailer. They will only go 20 mph, and
they'll get blown over the side before I will. Open all windows all the
way.(Oh, secure any loose papers or lightweight clothes first). Turn up
Dixie Chicks "Wide Open Spaces", and scream the lyrics-wonder if the county will pay to replace a few speakers in my car!. Too busy to be scared..

When driving thru a severe thunderstorm that I was too stupid to check the weather channel on the XM radio, pull over at least 7 times and add an hour to the drive time. Still, Escanaba to home in5 1/2 hours wasn't bad. It was just that Mancelona to home part that was worse than any blizzard I've ever driven in. And I ...get home...and it's sprinkling! XXX Rd. Magic!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1796 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »

The doctor was busy. So many kids and parents. Got my meds refilled for a year. She wants me to go get blood work. So I guess sometime today I will go get that done. Maybe 
That's great refills for a year. I say since you have a years worth of refills, do the blood work next year. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I sometimes think they are looking for something wrong. Just so they can do other tests and give more drugs.
Exactly Greeneyes!! My doctor refills my xanax 3 months at a time, then they have to call and get another refill. (even though I hoard 1/2 month supply because I don't take them all) I still call when the date is up. She won't refill them though until I get a mammogram.  Never makes me get bloodwork though 
Get the dammogram! Everyone, get the dammogram!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: August 21, 2010, 07:22:49 AM »

Time for a station break.  Please put your seats in a forward position.

If there is a problem with any monkey you feel is bullying you for making a post or having an opinion that is different than your own, please hit the "Report to Moderator" button.  The offending Monkey will then be rocketed into oblivion or, if the complaint is warranted, be dealt with accordingly.  The choice depends solely on the mood of the Moderator/Administrator at the time.

We have a thread called 'Monkey Musings' where you can talk about anything OT you like.  We also have a thread called 'JSM Asking for the Ban Button Thread'.  This thread belongs to all of the Monkeys, the only reason JSM's name was on it because she was OT a lot and always saying, 'I hope I don't get the ban button for this.' 

These threads are for any and all monkeys to use.  Neither of these threads is a place to trash other Monkeys.  This will not be tolerated EVER.

As you were, Monkey citizens!

salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1798 on: August 21, 2010, 07:27:17 AM »

I don't know what to say 
  an angelic monkey 34 years. How wonderful. I am sure you miss him dearly. I love that part about avidly interested in the answer about other marriages. They have all kinds of questions now, but at least if you are not a Florida resident, you don't have to wait 3 days before getting the license. Also funny, I still think I am older than I really am, then realize I am not that old yet. 

JSM, I actually understood that.   

4 Donks, that is a great story.  I am sorry that Paul is gone.   an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1799 on: August 21, 2010, 07:31:28 AM »

That could be, and even though I use two pillows and one is firmer then the other, it sometimes feels like my head is on a brick when my head hurts like that. Have bought fancy pillows that are shaped strange to support the neck, but sure didn't see much to them, except they cost a lot more money.

Two pillows might make it hurt more because you are kinking your neck.  Try keeping your neck straight.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.